Three Minutes; Two

Three Minutes

three minutes
PART TWO.

Song: Haru Haru

This second part is dedicated to a few more people: MusicChibi, DarkIceo, and mc_cwiss – you guys are amazing.
MusicChibi, because of the great grammar advice you’ve given me,
DarkIceo, because you’re the first oppa I have here, plus you’re jjong, 
mc_cwiss because you, my dear unnie, are so cute!

[WARNING: CURSE WORDS.]


 “Jessica, Jessica, wake up.” Taeyeon gently shook her. Jessica aroused slightly and supported herself up, messing her hair and pushing her fringe backwards.

“Wae? Waeyo?” Jessica replied in her monotonous voice. It was her morning voice, according to her.

“You might want to see this.” “Wait, why are you guess all dressed?” Jessica asked, because all of SNSD were dressed and ready to go. “After you see this, you’ll understand. We’ve told manager that you’re sick. If he asks, say cramps. We’ll be going now.” Taeyeon passed a newspaper to her, and before Jessica could say anything, they were out of the door.

“Yah! Yah! Wait –” she started to shout, but they weren’t there. “Aish.” She muttered, and picked up the newspaper. She took one look at it, threw it aside, and then immediately went back to it.

The headlines stated: Kim Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung officially dating! Jessica didn’t need to read any further. Her eyes teared up and her thin lips forced into a straight line while quivering a bit. She bit her lip. All she could think in her head was, Jonghyun betrayed me. Jonghyun was two-timing me with Sekyung. Jonghyun… Jonghyun… Jonghyun. She almost went crazy. She didn’t speak – she couldn’t speak.

She trudged across the floor and carried out her usual morning activities, crying as she did so. After she was done, she looked in the mirror. Sure, any girl would say she was pretty, but her eyes were puffy and red, and though she looked freshened up, she was feeling horrid. When she returned to her room, she picked up the newspaper, fell hard on the bed, and lay down. With one hand she threw the newspaper aside to who-knows-where, and sobbed. She didn’t care if she’d ruined her clothes.

Knock. Knock.

Jessica didn’t answer. She knew who it was. She took a deep breath, and stood up, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

“Jess –”

“I ing trusted you, you bastard!” Jessica swore at him. She never swore, not even when one of her group mates made her eat cucumber sandwiches as a trick. Without any more words, she exited through the door, slamming it on her way out.

“What?” Jonghyun was confused. He noticed the newspaper and spotted the headlines. Before he did anything else, he opened the door and yelled down the hallway, “Jessica!” But she was long gone, and he closed the door back, slid down the back of the door and sat, putting his head in between his knees.

----------

Jessica ran, and ran. She didn’t stop, not for anything. Then she crashed into someone. It was Donghae. Tears already stained her ashen pale face. She looked down, unwilling to meet his eyes. “I’m s-s-s-sorry.” Jessica tried to get past him, but it was too late. He held out his hand and pushed her back. “Don’t be. Now tell me what’s wrong, before I force it out of you.” Donghae was Jessica’s ex-boyfriend. It didn’t really work out between them but then they continued their relationship as friends.

Jessica didn’t say anything. Donghae rolled his eyes.

“It’s about Jonghyun and Sekyung isn’t it?” Jessica nodded. Donghae grimaced. “Let’s go somewhere more private. Follow me.” Donghae took her by the hand and brought her to his room. It was empty, all the other members had gone out, but Donghae stayed back to settle some things with his co-ordinator noona. Jessica followed, and he locked the door behind him.

“Make yourself comfortable.” He said, pouring two cups of water for the two of them. She sat on the couch. Donghae sat beside her, watching her drink. “Jessica, listen to me. I might be your ex-boyfriend, but I’m the next best person, okay? Please listen. Tell me what you’re – wait, no. Just cry. Just cry it out, okay Sica? Trust me, you’ll feel better.” He said, pulling her close to him, so that her head fell onto his chest. The silence went on for a while. Then she cried. Her little sobs escalated into full-blown wails. Donghae didn’t flinch at all. “Oh, love.” He said. They sat there for a whole fifteen minutes. Only then did Jessica calm down. Donghae stood up and took a towel from the bathroom.

“Here.” He lifted her chin with one hand and dabbed at her eyes. “I’m sorry I got your shirt wet.” She mumbled, an incoherent string of words, but Donghae seemed to get it. “It’s alright, Jessica, it’s alright.” He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled. “Better?” He asked. Jessica nodded.

“Now, can you tell me?” Jessica nodded again.

“You already know the back story, don’t you? And so Jonghyun and I recently have been dating and then last night he went out with me on a date – a picnic and we also went for a walk and then he sent me home and texted me before I slept telling me to get a good night sleep then in the morning when I woke up Taeyeon unnie showed me Korean news – you know we get them in the morning because we can’t read Paris news – and it stated that him and … Sekyung unnie were… dating and so he came in and I went berserk I called him a ing bastard and I left the room and I cried and now I’m here.” She sniffed. Donghae had a dazed expression.

When he finally snapped out of it, he offered his shoulder and Jessica leaned against it. “It’s been so long since we last did this, right, Jess?” He called Jessica by her English nickname that only she allowed him to. Everyone else called her Sica. “Yeah. It has.” Jessica sighed and sniffed again.

“Well, you listen to me, Jessica.” He grabbed her shoulders and they were face-to-face. “If he really did date Sekyung, he doesn’t deserve a girl like you. But, as much as I’d like to say yes he did, because of course, it’s to my advantage, I have a strong gut feeling that Jonghyun didn’t. Trust me, he wouldn’t two-time a girl like you Jess. You are a special one. And if I hadn’t gone along and dated Tiffany, well – sort of date – I would have dated you. And also if things had worked out between us, that was a big reason too wasn’t it? But my point is, Jessica Jung Sooyeon, you should try to work things out between you and Jonghyun. I’m sure, quite sure that Jonghyun didn’t mean to do this.” Donghae finished, and let go of her shoulders.

“You really think so?” Jessica asked. He nodded, and she instantly hugged him.

Meanwhile

“Mr. Lee!” Jonghyun yelled, furiously knocking the room door.

“Come in.” Lee Soo Man replied curtly.

Why did you publicly announce that Sekyung and I are dating? I don’t even like Sekyung like that, and she… you… even used our pictures! We were just… It’s not like that! But the main thing is, why in the world did you say that we are dating!

“Oh,” he smirked, “That. I see, I see. See, Jonghyun, my boy, you don’t understand. If this isn’t announced, how do I explain you and Sekyung’s relationship? The press conference and the reporters… they would pester you! And you know your fans will hate you. You know that right Jonghyun? For not telling them that you were – are – dating her. And I did this for SHINee’s popularity! If Sekyung and you were dating, SHINee would be followed for so many more days, weeks, months… a whole year even! Besides, all I need to do is cancel the CF!”

“You don’t understand anything, Lee Soo Man, anything. SHINee is already popular enough and by doing this my fans will hate me even more because I’m dating someone they aren’t even familiar with. And do you see anyone accusing me of dating Sekyung? NO! Do you see anyone uploading photos of the CF filming? NO! Do you see me not earning enough for the company? NO! Do you see SHINee growing less popular? NO! So don’t throw this kind of crap at me, especially when you don’t know a thing.” Jonghyun burst out; throwing the newspaper that had been thoroughly crumpled in his hands to the table and stormed out. “Good day, Sir.”

Jonghyun pulled at his hair, venting out his frustrations and returned to his room. He walked along the corridors. It seemed that everyone had gone for schedules and left without him. What friends, Jonghyun thought. A pair of petite shoes was sitting in front of his door. Someone had entered the room. He took off his shoes quietly and opened the door.

A small figure stood at the balcony, looking out into the distance. Her silhouette casted against the wall made her seem exceptionally long and thin. One look and he knew who it was. The blonde long hair, the small frame, forever-straight back, and lean calves. But what gave it away was the girl’s stance.

“Jessica.” He breathed. She her heel, glaring at Jonghyun. He noticed that her eyes were puffy and she had cried a lot, and it was his entire fault. He smiled thinly. “Jessica – look I can explain.”

“You have three minutes.” Jessica said, in a barely audible voice.

Three minutes? He didn’t have time to think about it. What words would he say? How would he say it? Would Jessica believe him? Time was ticking. “It starts… now.”

“Jessica, first off I’m extremely sorry about everything. You know that I’m just a fool for not explaining to you on the spot. This was my entire fault, but Lee Soo Man played a part in this, because he used Sekyung and my photos when we were acting for a CF! He’s going to cancel it and it’s all a plot to make SHINee more popular and Jessica you know… You know that I love you; this foolish pabo really loves you. Those scenes were for an initial CF… And Jessica, don’t be jealous okay? Sekyung and I aren’t dating. We’re just friends! Nothing more. Really, you can trust me. And Jessica, I truly love you so I don’t want you to break up with me over this trivial matter. Forgive me, for this stupid mistake of not telling you… You can, not forgive me for this, and if – I don’t even know what I’m saying now. Jessica, the main thing is that I’m sorry and –” His lines were cut off, Jessica ran towards him and cupped his face with her hands, looked at him, and kissed him.

“Pabo… I’m sorry; it’s my fault for mistaking you. I don’t want us to stop this relationship. It’s my fault…” Jessica mumbled between the kiss. Jonghyun broke it intentionally and engulfed her with his strong arms, smiling. A tear slipped down his cheek without him knowing.

“Kim Jonghyun! Jessica Jung!” Lee Soo Man yelled from the door.

We are so dead. Jessica thought. “Come to my room right now!” He moved off, quickly entering his room and sitting down.

“Close the door, Jonghyun.” Jonghyun obliged – he didn’t want to get into the man’s bad nerves. He knew that he didn’t permit relationships between label mates and that’s why he didn’t tell him that they had anything to do with each other. “Explain, Ms. Jung.” Lee Soo Man said.

“There’s not much to explain. You just saw it…” Jessica muttered.

“Both of you know that you are not allowed to date each other. Dating between label mates is strictly prohibited, and being in SM for years now, both of you should know that. And here both of you are, dating? What is this? And Jonghyun, what were you doing just now? Trying to make me feel bad? Right! That’s not working. It’s never going to work. Both of you are to end this relationship, immediately, or you will face consequences.”

“What consequences?” Jonghyun asked.

“End the relationship, or quit the company. It’s your choice.”

STOP!” Someone yelled from behind. Or rather, a few voices. “Who is it? Hurry up and come in!” Lee Soo Man was furious, and his whole face had turned red. Jonghyun took Jessica’s hand and scooted closer to her, using the last of his ability to comfort her.

In came Donghae and Tiffany, Minho and Yoona, and Taemin and Sulli. They were three widely known couples. Then in came Taeyeon and Leeteuk, and Onew and Victoria.

How did you guys know about this?Jessica mouthed to Tiffany.

We overheard! Sorry!Tiffany mouthed back, smiling at her friend.

“Mr. Lee Soo Man with all due respect, please let them date.” Donghae said. Jessica was shocked. She was stunned out of her wits.

“Give me ten good reasons why.” He replied.

“First, they sing amazingly together. Haven’t you heard they’re duet, Mr. Soo Man, Sir? Ryeowook told me.” Donghae said.

“Second, Their heights go well together! See how Jonghyun’s short but Jessica’s shorter?” Tiffany knew this would get on Jessica’s nerves – she didn’t like being a danshin, but it was a good reason.

“Third, Jonghyun helped Jessica out even at the expense of us losing points – you know, on SGB! I’m sure you’ve seen that episode before. And I hate to lose – and Jonghyun knows that.” Minho smirked.

“Even the PDs think they look good together, so how can you not? Why did they put Jonghyun and Jessica together for the Genie dance collaboration and Juliette one too?” Yoona added, and smiled at Minho. It was a pity she didn’t get to dance with Minho during those two.

“Fifth, Jonghyun hyung likes to stare at Jessica noona a lot. I think he creeps her.” Taemin shuddered, and laughed a little.

“Sixth, Jessica’s a very heavy sleeper but Jonghyun can get up and wake up others easily, I can thank Krystal for that information and Taemin for the second piece, go ask them for proof.” Sulli winked at Taemin.

“Seventh, Mr. Lee Soo Man is that Jessica’s a bad cook, but Jonghyun will eat anything.” Taeyeon wasn’t afraid to state that fact, because both of them knew it was true.

“Eighth, you guys, SM Entertainment, are afraid of them causing a scandal and so, they’re never on the same shows anymore. Admit it.” Leeteuk smiled.

“Ninth, they both cry very easily.” Onew chuckled, and thought of Jessica crying at the end-of-year win and Jonghyun at almost every performance.

“And lastly, Jessica’s favourite movie is Romeo and Juliette, and Jonghyun wrote the lyrics to Juliette, with influences from the movie. Fishy coincidence? I think not.” Victoria grinned, completing their ‘performance’.

“Now, Mr. Lee Soo Man, will you let them date?” Donghae asked. Lee Soo Man furrowed his brows and was deep in thought. “We could give you many more reasons why, Sir.” Donghae smiled knowingly at the pair. Everyone held his or her breath. It was the final moment.

“Yes –” The moment he said it, everyone cheered, but then he cleared his throat, “But both of you must be committed to each other and I want both of you to be at the press conference tomorrow morning at eight thirty sharp. And all of the rest of you too.” Lee Soo Man hurried them out of the room. “Now shoo! All of you. I need to make a few calls.”

Everyone hurried out of the room.

“You guys are the best people in the world!” Jessica squealed.

“Thank you so much! But how did you guys know…?”

“Thank Taeyeon for that. She tipped us off today morning!” Leeteuk smiled. “And also thank Donghae! Because his sixth sense told us that something would happen with you too careless freaks.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Now if only we could date, hyung.” Minho sighed.

Jonghyun laughed and turned to look at Jessica.

“We don’t have to hide anymore…” Jonghyun whispered in a low voice happily, while the rest of them cheered. The whole world seemed to be frozen, only the two of them were there.

“Yes, yes Jonghyun, I guess we don’t.” Jessica smiled and hugged him. Jonghyun lifted the girl with his two arms and twirled her around.

End


A/N: Did you guys cry? I hoped not! Was the song too sad? Awh… And if you do realize that the plot is like the one of my other oneshot, Let It Slip, it’s actually a continuation of it, sort of. But Minho and Yoona aren’t dating. That’s for my story – SMTown Getaway to decide ;] Oh and thank this - JONGSICA tumblr - for the reasons. There are 50 reasons you know! Go read them, I don't care if you're a Jongsica shipper or not! The 'poster' is also credited to them(:

Thanks fer reading! Comment and subcribe to my other fics too~