Of all people..

Life's a ; Karma Exists

 

 

NORMAL POV

 

It was a sunny morning for the first day of school. Sunny but not humid, the breeze was cool enough to call it a perfect weather. But for a certain raven-haired girl, it was too early to call it a good day as she was walking to school early with her bag on her back and the loud thumping in her chest. Yuri was nervous. She took her earpods and as if the world shut silent, letting her calm down with the song playing in her ears. She inhaled the fresh air and exhaled the negative thoughts.

 

"You'll be fine Yul. You'll be fine." she encouraged herself.

 

Too immersed in comforting herself and listening to the song playing in her iPod, she failed to see the rock that she was about to step on to and so she lost her balance and fell. Her left foot was killing her. She can't even stand with it. She was close to crying when a girl knelt down and checked on Yuri's left foot.

 

"Does it hurt a lot?" she asked Yuri.

"It does.. I can't stand with it." she answered staring at the girl who seemed to look so familiar.

"Okay, stay still." she told her.

 

Yuri nodded and kept staring. The girl stood up and took something from her bag resting on her bike. Yuri could not figure out who this person was but she definitely feels a connection, as if she knows her very well. The girl came back bringing a spray bottle.

 

"What's that for?" Yuri asked.

 

Without answering, the girl shaked the bottle and sprayed it over Yuri's left foot. Yuri looked at the girl in surprise and confusion.

 

"Don't worry. It's just something like a cold spray. I use it a lot." she told Yuri.

"Oh. Okay. Thanks." Yuri said, still sounding a little confused.

 

The girl helped Yuri to stand up and walked to her bike.

 

"Hop on." she said and Yuri could only look at her. "Or would you rather walk and be late for your first day?"

 

Without a word, Yuri sat on the back of the bike. Yuri was left wondering who this girl was and why she felt so familiar while the other girl who was driving the bike was just smiling like she just won another medal. Other students who seem to recognize one of the two stop just to stare in shock as the rumors of the famous soccer player attending their school was finally confirmed true.

 

 

YOONA's POV

 

I can feel stares from different kinds of people following the tires of my bike but I really couldn't care any less because THE Kwon Yuri is riding my bike with me and i can feel her hand gripping the ends of my shirt. Yes, she's THE Kwon Yuri. Everyone probably knows who she is because her face is literally everywhere you go. She's on the cover of magazines, newspapers and even on billboards around the city. I haven't seen her in person before. No one really has, except for those lucky photographers and editors who got to shoot and interview her for their articles which is exactly why I took a major in Mass Communications. I got so excited earlier when I saw her because it's like finally seeing the moving version of the pictures I've been keeping in my room since high school. I'm practically stalking her in the internet everyday and seeing the live version right here is just like a dream come true. She doesn't look much like the girl on the pictures though, this version of her is really plain and simple compared to the glamorous and elegant girl on magazines. If you're not one of those hard-core fans, you won't really recognize her.

 

"Excuse me, can I ask a question?" she asked and my insides are jumping in joy again.

"You already did." I answered.

"Oh. Right. Sorry." she said.

"Go ahead." I told her.

"Do you by any chance know where the Communication Arts building is?" she asked me.

"Yes, that's where my first class is." I answered.

"Really? Me too! We can just walk together then." she said. "I-if that's okay with you of course."

"Sure." I said, sounding cool.

 

I've been trying so hard to act like I don't know her and I'm not that interested just so she wouldn't feel awkward and find me creepy but deep inside, I'm so happy and excited. Fiinally at the school's parking lot, she let go of my shirt and rode off. I locked my bike and we started walking inside the campus.

 

"By the way, thank you so much for all your help today. My first day of school would have been a mess." she said and I was trying hard not to blush.

"No problem. Uhmm.. First day of school? That sounded a little elementary." I joked and she laughed a bit.

"It does. Sorry." She apologized and smiled. "But it really is my first day of school."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. Oh right! She home-schools. I should've thought of this earlier.

"I home-school." she answered.

"I see. Well, welcome to school and I hope you enjoy it." I said and she smiled at me. Waaah~ I could have died right here.

"Thanks. Oh, and I'm Yuri." she said and offered a handshake.

"I'm Yoo---"

"Yul!" someone called out before I could say my name.

"Sica!!!" Yuri screamed and took her hand back to run to her blonde friend.

 

Yuri hugged her friend who was looking right at me. Looks like I should get going now, she may not need my help after all. I walked towards the Communication Arts building and the stares that followed me felt heavier. I didn't know students from this school would recognize me. I kept my head down and walked straight to the building.

 

Honestly, I'm not so sure why these people are staring at me. But I know it's either they know me as the soccer player or they know that I'm here because of my scholarship. This school is too high class. Only rich people are here and a few who received scholarship. Frankly, I can't afford this school even if I get 3 part time jobs at the same time. That's how expensive it costs to be here. In college, there are no bullies but there sure are a lot of b*tches and jerks everywhere and you'll definitely be a toy if they see you're weak. Being in my status is one. And truth be told, I'm actually afraid it will be taken against me because I really dream of graduating in this school. I don't want to lie but I won't tell these people the truth about my status. I'm not baiting myself to these sharks.

 

 

YURI's POV

 

"Yul!" a familiar voice called out.

"Sica!!!" I screamed and ran to my bestfriend.

 

We hugged each other like we haven't seen each other for a long time. It was like a miracle that my foot wasn't hurting at all. I wonder what kind of spray that was because it's definitely magic.

 

"Omo! I can't believe I'm finally seeing you out of the house to attend school." she said excitedly.

"I know. Everything's new to me and I'm honestly so nervous." I told her.

"Nervous? Well, weren't you just talking to your crush?" she asked me.

"Crush? What crush? Talking to who?" I asked, confused.

"Weren't you talking to Im Yoona? The one you're stalking on facebook? So it is true that she enrolled here.." she said.

"WHAT?! I was talking to Im Yoona??" My eyes grew wider this time and quickly looked back to where I left her. Unfortunately, she was already gone.

"How could you not recognize her? You were practically abusing her facebook page." she said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh my gosh! That explains why she looked so familiar to me! I wasted my chance to be friends with her." I said, feeling very disappointed.

"You'll get more chances.." she comforted.

"How? That also explains why people were staring earlier, they probably know who she is. I don't think getting close to her would be possible now. She's probably so hard to reach now." I said.

"Aigoo. You poor child. Let's go find your room now before you come late for your first day." she said jokingly.

"Yaaah!" I yelled.

"I'm just messing with you. Let's go, I'll help you find your room before I go to my class." she said and we started walking.

"Thanks Sica." I told her and she just smiled at me.

 

How nice it would have been to walk with Im Yoona to my classroom, but of course that would be a crazy dream. I wish we could be friends and hang out a lot. I know that's too close to being impossible but I would still keep hoping. After all, I don't know how fate is trying to play with me by putting me and my crush in the same university. I might as well just play it cool. There's nothing to lose anyway.

 

**

 

It's been 10 minutes since my first class started. Thanks to Jessica for bringing me to class, I wasn't late. Sitting in a classroom, listening to the professor and seeing other students taking down notes feels so different, yet so exciting. It's like I'm finally living a normal life.

 

"I'm so sorry I'm late."

 

I looked at the girl standing at the doorway. She bowed to our professor and was signaled to enter the class. She quickly entered and sat on the only vacant seat which was right behind me. I couldn't believe my eyes. Fate has yet again played its mysterious game.

 

"Hi again." I greeted her.

"Oh! Yuri. Hi." she said and smiled. I almost melted.

"I guess we have the same class." I smiled back.

"Seems like it." she replied.

 

And so my first day of school wasn't all that bad. Maybe, just maybe, there's a chance of becoming close to her after all. She seems all friendly and it appears we've got the exact same schedule since we took up the same course and major. At least I have one reason to thank mom for arranging everything for me.

 

 

 

_____________________________________

short update again. do tell me what you guys think though. comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

 

Oh and let's all include the victims of the typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines in our prayers. Many lives were lost and many people are suffering now because of this calamity. Another typhoon is about to hit them again as it's said to take the same route as typhoon Haiyan. Let's all offer our love and prayers to the Philippines. #BeStrongPhilippines