Who they were..

Life's a ; Karma Exists

 

NORMAL POV

 

 

 

I know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

 

And as the pretty doe-eyed girl sang the song on stage, everyone, boys and girls alike, had totally fallen for her. She puts a smile on her face while singing, not only enjoying the song but fully capturing everyone's attention. She looks back to her bandmates, giving them each a thumbs up before playing her guitar once again. Everyone joined her in singing the chorus, raising their hands up like they were in a concert of their favorite band.

 

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way

 

You're such a hard act for me to follow

Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost
I wanna feel like we never gonna ever stop
I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you
Asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah

 

The doe-eyed vocalist  gave the crowd a wink and smiled once again before hitting the last chorus. The crowd went wild and their energy and enthusiasm doubled as if the goddess on stage was dedicating the song to them. Every one sang along and gave their heart to the song as well as to the person singing it.

 

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

You can take me all the way, you can take me all the way, yeah.

 

(Song: Love Somebody by: Maroon 5)

 

 

"And that's our last song for tonight. Thank you so much for your energy and support. We appreciate it a lot. I hope to see you all again next weekend." The doe-eyed beauty said.

"Hey! What's the name of your band?" a voice from the audience shouted.

"Nothing, we don't have a band name. We only play and sing together for fun. But you can just remember us with our names. My name is Yoona, (points to the girl playing the organ) this is Seohyun, (points to the bass guitarist) this is Hyoyeon, (points to the drummer) and this is Sooyoung." she answered with a smile as the girls waved to the crowd.

 

And the place was filled with loud cheers. They left the stage and went straight to the club's manager to say good night. They've been working part-time at the club for a few months now. The manager has always been so thankful to them because they brought a lot of customers in the club especially every weekends when they perform.

 

"Nice gig for today girls." Leeteuk, the manager, congratulated them.

"Yeah, that was fun. Your customers are always so active." Yoona told him.

"I swear I can do this forever for a living." Sooyoung said.

"Well, you're forever welcome here girls." Leeteuk told them as he handed them each their paychecks for the week.

"Thanks Teukkie!" they all said and gave him a hug.

"No probloem, I'll see you again next weekend." he said.

"Love to" Hyoyeon answered happily.

"Bye Teuk-oppa! Good night" Seohyun greeted formally.

"Aigoo, this girl... There's no need to be formal with me." he said and waved them goodbye.

 

***

 

YOONA'S POV

 

 

After our 2 long hours of bus ride home, my bandmates and I are finally walking back to our homes. Finally, we can rest before the war starts tomorrow as we start college.

 

"Now that I think of it guys, why don't we have a band name? You know.. something that everyone can remember us with as a whole." Hyoyeon started.

"Yeah, I agree. Wouldn't it be cool to have a group name and be known for it?" Sooyoung agreed.

"I agree but I can't think of any name that wouldn't sound so cheesy or corny. Do you have suggestions?" I asked them and they started thinking.

"There's no need to rush unnies, we have a lot of time to think. But for now, let's just enjoy what we do together." Seohyun smiled.

"Maknae's right." Sooyoung nodded.

"Oh well, this is me guys." I told them as we stood in front of our house.

"Bye Yoong! See you tomorrow!" Hyoyeon hugged me.

"Good night unnie. See you tomorrow." Seohyun said, also giving me a hug.

"Oh yeah, let's rock the first day of college tomorrow buddy." Sooyoung said, starting our personal handshake.

"Good night guys! Enjoy the last night in your comfortable homes." I told them.

"College life is on, b*tches!" Sooyoung shouted as they walked away to head straight to their homes.

 

I walked inside our house. It was very quiet as everyone's probably sleeping already. It's 1 in the morning and I should definitely be sleeping now. I entered my room and checked on my packed luggages. Tomorrow, we start living in our dorms. I'm gonna miss home for sure as the only time i can come back would be every sem breaks and holidays only. I wonder what awaits us in college. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off to dreamland.

 

***

(FLASHBACK)

 

"Yoong!" Sooyoung shouted as everyone was chasing her. She passed the ball to me and I started running for the goal. And as if on cue, everyone started chasing me and guarding me like the ball was a treasure that everyone wants to get. I stopped kicking the ball and gripped it with both of my feet and threw it in the air. Just as everyone thought I was gonna jump and kick it towards the goal, I used my head to pass it to Taeyeon. That midget knew very well how to dribble the ball (in a soccer way) and keep it to her possession. As Taeyeon ran around, trying to get an opening to kick the ball to the goal, I ran towards Sooyoung and winked at her and just like that, she knew exactly what to do. She ran towards Tae and raised her hand, Tae got the signal and passed the ball to Sooyoung, who immediately ran and passed it to me. I ran a little and passed it to her again as we reached the best spot to kick it. Everyone ran towards Sooyoung, thinking she was gonna score but Sooyoung kicked the ball hard, making it fly it's way to me and I received it through chest bump and just as I was about to kick it for the goal, someone pushed me so hard from behind that I fell on the ground head first and rolled a number of times before finally laying flat on the ground.

 

"Yoong!!!" my teammates shouted. I was close to seeing darkness when Sunny sat me up and started slapping my face.

"Yoona, don't close your eyes. Look at me. Tell me you're fine." Sunny said worriedly and I heard everyone asking if I was alright.

"I knew that Jung plays dirty!" Hyoyeon bursted.

"Yeah! Those losers are playing dirty because they're losing big time. They can't even score against us." Hara said angrily.

"Let's go buddy, let's beat these losers and teach them a big lesson." Sooyoung told me as she was trying to lift me up.

"Sh*t!!" I gasped. My left knee hurts too much.

"Awee.. Look at pretty girl being all clumsy.." Krystal shouted teasingly. Taeyeon raised her middle finger on her and turned to me.

"C'mon Yoong. Show them what you got. You're not the captain for no reason." Taeyeon said.

 

I forced myself to get up and positioned myself as I was given a free kick (penalty kick). I inhaled and closed my eyes as I asked God for help to score. Then I exhaled and opned my eyes. When I heard the whistle, I kicked the ball and just like in movies, it felt like everything moved in a slow motion. Everyone anticipating. My heart beating so fast and my mind exploding.

 

Please....

 

And then everyone was screaming and cheering. The ball went in! I couldn't be happier. That was my moment of glory. We won the game with the score 6-1. A new record was set for the high school team. I was the best team captain for the soccer history of our high school. My team has won 24 games and not a single game that we ever played was lost. In my entire playing history for high school, I've been given 14 penalty kicks and missed none. And I always scored half (or more sometimes) of the team's total score for every game. I'm not trying to brag here, but that's just how good I am.

 

"Nice game dude!" Amber high-fived me.

"Yeah, it was.. Except for the fact that your team member is trying to disable me." I said.

"Oh, about that, I'm sorry for Krystal's attitude. She takes things too personally." she apologized in behalf of that Jung.

"Well, she's gonna have to work on that. A game's a game." I told her and patted her back. "I need to get going now. See you when I see you dude."

"Alright. Thanks Yoong. See ya!" she said and gave me another high five.

 

Amber is a good friend of mine even though our teams have been rivals in soccer for the longest time. Amber is the nicest team captain I've ever talked to. She accepts defeat and works hard to improve her team, it's just that she gets so unlucky with the players that comes to her team. And about that bratty girl who pushed me in the game, that's Krystal. Why is she hurting me like that, you ask? Well, let me just repeat what Amber said earlier  'she takes things too personally'. She's a little bit bitter towards me. Not just because I can play soccer way better than she can but because... Well, we sort of dated before but it didn't turn out that well so there you go. A bitter ex-girlfriend trapped inside my insecure opponent's body, not bad, huh? Someone ready to kill me any time she gets the chance...

 

"Hey Yoong!" our coach - Siwon - greeted while walking with a man wearing tux towards me. "Someone wants to talk to you."

"Hey coach. So, who do we have here?" I asked.

"Show some respect and be formal, you idiot." Coach whispered after elbowing my rib.

"I'm sorry sir, My name is Im Yoona. How are you doing today?" I greeted formally.

"I'm doing great, thank you for asking. I am Lee Soo Man and I'm a talent scout in S.M. University." he introduced himself.

"Pleased to meet you Mr. Lee."

"Pleasure's all mine Ms. Im. If you have time, why don't we have coffee and talk about your plans for college?" he smiled.

"I'd love to sir" I answered without hesitations.

 

And that's how I got in to my dream university. I was given a scholarship program as soon as I agreed to be a part of their soccer team next year when we start college. Of course the gang will be attending the same school for college. Only difference is, they have the money to pay for it while I'm being scouted. Truth be told, our family is not as blessed with wealth as my friends' families are. But who cares right? I'm a freaking superstar now, the best university in the country just scouted Im Yoona, the best soccer player in the women's soccer history. I'm like Korea's David Beckham + Neymar + Christiano Ronaldo combined.

 

"What did you just say? Korea's David Beckham + Neymar + Christiano Ronaldo combined?!" Sooyoung asked in a tone like she was totally grossed out.

"Oh.. Was I saying it out loud?" I asked, totally humiliated.

 

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

***

 

 

 

 

__________________________________

Okay, so that was my first chapter and as you just read, it's all about Yoong. Next chapter, I will be introducing Yul to everyone and it's gonna be the start of the real story. I know this chapter's lame and short but I promise the next chapters will be better, this one's kind of rushed so yeah.. I still hope you enjoyed it and I hope you still look forward to this story. :)

PLEASE don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment  for me. THANKS! :)

 

P.S._Sorry for the Typo errors, please bear with me.