Who they were.. II

Life's a ; Karma Exists

 

NORMAL POV

 

"Sica! Look at this.." a raven-haired tan girl called out while pointing to the screen of her computer.

"What is it?" asked the blonde girl as she walked lazily towards the other girl.

"Have you seen this girl before? Is she familiar to you?" she pointed on the girl on the photo.

"No." the other girl answered coldly.

"Really? Isn't she some kind of an actress or an idol? I don't remember seeing her on TV though." the tan girl asked curiously as she kept scanning through the photos of a certain doe-eyed girl on facebook..

"I don't think she's famous at all. Why the sudden interest?" the blonde questioned.

"1,000+ likes in an hour for every single photo she posts and you call that not famous?" the tan girl asked again, eyes still on the photos.

"Well, I don't know her and you don't either so I don't consider that famous. Why are you even spazzing on this girl so much? You seem like you're girl-crushing on her." the other girl asked, uninterested.

"Maybe I am.." the other smiled.

"Whatever Kwon Yuri. Stalk her all you want, just leave me alone and let me sleep." the blonde one said.

"Whatever Jessica Jung." the other said, as she continued to go over a doe-eyed girl's facebook account.

 

YURI's POV

 

Inhale....

Exhale....

Inhale....

Exhale....

 

*tick* (sound of the computer mouse when clicked)

 

It took a lot of courage for me to click on the "Add as Friend" button on this girl's page. I can't believe I'm actually so attracted to this person. To me, she's like the prettiest non-celebrity girl I've ever seen. I wonder if she looks as pretty in person. Im Yoona...

 

"Ms. Kwon, your mom wants to see you." one of our maids told me.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I said.

 

I closed my computer and left my now sleeping bestfriend on the couch to head to my mom's room. As soon as I got there, I knocked on the door and opened it gently.

 

"Hey mom, You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Yes, yes dear. Come in." she said, smiling.

 

If you're someone who didn't know what happened to our family, you'd be fooled by the beautiful smile my mom gives. You would think she's the happiest person in the world. But behind that smile is actually a broken heart and a soul full of sadness. You see, we lost dad when I was 10 which is 8 years ago. Mom was forced to learn everything about my dad's businesses since she needs to manage all of them when we lost him. Mom was never ready to lose dad. So was I. 

 

"So how's your vacation going so far?" she started.

"Good. Been hanging out with Jess as usual. How's work?" I asked.

"Yes, about that... I called you here to discuss a few things with you." she said as she took my hand and held it.

"Okay? So.. What's this about mom?" I asked again.

"You see, your dad's business in the US is experiencing some hardships. The company is struggling to survive the industry so I am needed there as soon as possible. I'm not really sure how long it's gonna take to save it from closing." she explained.

"So.. let's go. I can pack up now if you want." I told her.

"No honey. What I'm about to say is that, you're about to enter college and I think it's about time for you to enter a real school amd mingle with people your age. You can't home school forever. You need real social life too. You need more friends, not just Jessica." she told me.

"So what are you trying to say mom?" I asked.

"I want you to stay here and go to college like every other normal teenager." she said.

"You're leaving me here?" I asked again.

"Just for a short time Yul, I hope you understand. I'll be back as soon as everything's settled there." she assured me.

"Why can't I just go to college there with you?" my voice was starting to sound like a child begging for her mom to stay.

"It's gonna be hard for you to interact with people out there. Here, it will be easier for you." she smiled.

 

And for argument's sake, I just sighed and nodded. I just agreed to do whatever she wants me to do. She smiled at me and hugged me. I hugged her back and when she pulled away, she started discussing about the plans that she already made for my college. It appears that she already enrolled me to a university and chose the course I will be taking up. She also told me about the house near the school which she bought for me to stay for the duration of my stay in college. To make it short, mom has already planned my life before I even started thinking of it.

 

**

 

"Yobosaeyo?" Jessica picked up.

"Hey Sica! What's up?" I started.

"Oh yeah, sorry if I left without telling you. My sister was bugging me to see a movie with her. I wanted to invite you but you and your mom were still talking so I just left." she explained.

"Woah Jung! Why are you explaining? It's okay!" I said and laughed.

"I just thought you should know. So what's with the long talk?" she asked.

"Well, mom was leaving for the US and she wants me to go to college." I told her.

"In the US? Are you leaving?!" she asked, obviously surprised.

"No, silly. She wants me to go to a university here. That pretty much scares me right now." I explained.

"Oh, that's a relief. Well don't be scared. I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't let people scare you, they might think you're weak and use that to bully you." she told me.

"Wow Sica, you scared me more than you comforted me." I said.

"Ooooh. Sorry." she laughed. "But I'm serious. Just be yourself. Act normal. Be strong. Be the predator. NOT the prey." she advised.

"Alright." I exhaled. "Thanks for the advise. I knew you were the right friend to call." I thanked her.

"Duh! I'm your only friend." she teased.

"Yah!"

 

And that started our whole night of teasing over the phone. Jessica may be my only friend but she never made me feel like I needed more. I'm glad to have such a great friend like her. I wouldn't have survived life without knowing her.

 

**

 

Today's the big day for me and my mom. Today, I will be moving to that house she bought for me since tomorrow is the first day of school. A part of me is scared and a part of me is excited. Maybe because I'm finally gonna get my freedom after being locked inside my mom's gates since dad passed away.

 

"What do you think? Do you like it?" mom asked.

"Yeah.. It's cool. I wish Jessica agreed to stay here with me but her mom already got her an apartment so I guess I will be staying in this house alone." I answered.

"You'll be fine dear. Are you sure you don't want me to get you helpers here? Someone who can take care of your laundry, cook for you and clean the house for you?" she asked again.

"No. It's okay mom. I want to learn how to do all those by myself." I said as I helped the movers my mom hired to organize the house.

"Alright then." she said and hugged me.

"I will miss you mom." I told her.

"I will miss you too. I will call you every time I can. Email me everyday, okay?" she reminded.

"Okay. Have a safe trip." I said.

"Thanks. Have fun in school. You can always call home if you think you can't handle it here anymore. They will definitely pick you up any time." she told me.

"Alright. I love you." I said and kissed her.

"I love you too. Take care. I'll see you soon." she said.

 

After finishing up, mom left and I was alone in this house where a whole family can actually live in. The place was too big for a single person to stay but what choice do I have? Mom already got it for me. I wish she got me one of these apartments in the neighborhood instead. I walked inside the room that we converted to a dance studio and sat on the floor as I turned my computer on. I decided to open facebook and check on my notifications.

 

'Im Yoona accepted your friend request'  

 

Omoooooooooooo!!!!!! We're officially facebook friends!!! I quickly checked on my chatbox and saw her name as one of my friends online. Ottoke? Should I message her? Won't that make me look like a stalker? Should I say hi...? I feel like that's gonna make me look like a creep. Wait a second, why am I panicking like this? Kwon Yuri calm down.

 

'Im Yoona posted a photo on her timeline via Instagram:'

 

First day of college tomorrow. I'm feeling super antsy! >__< Off to Leeteuk's club in a bit. See y'all later! :) 

 

 

And just like that, I immediately clicked 'Like'. I continued staring at the photo for about a minute more and realized how obsessed I'm becoming so I quickly closed the tab that shows her post. This is not good. I shouldn't be like this. I closed my laptop and headed to my bedroom. I lay on my bed and snapped a photo to post in my instagram before turning in for the day.

 

 

I'm seriously going crazy. I'm becoming so weird. Aaaahhh~~ I should just get some sleep and get ready for my first day in a real school life tomorrow. I wonder what awaits me in college. Yul Fighting!~

 

 

You see, my life is boring. I live in a mansion where I barely see my family. Too much space for such a small family. I don't have a lot of friends. I have Jessica and the other housekeepers. I love swimming and diving. I compete occasionally but i barely see a crowd when I do. I am a little bit media famous since our family is quite known in the country and I do a little modeling for a few magazines sometimes. No one knows me personally though. They only know my face on pictures.  I dance a lot on my own. I even took dancing lessons as a kid. I've never been into relationships. Obviously because I rarely go out of the house and like I said, no one really knows me in person. Duh, I only have one friend aside from the housekeepers.

The thought of meeting a lot of people in a university and going to a real school still makes me nervous. I've never experienced this in a long time. I've always home-schooled. What if people hate me? What if I get bullied? The answers? I'm about to find out in a few hours..

 

 

 

_____________________

haven't updated in a long time. i apologize to everyone. i also apologize for the short update. i really need some inspiration to continue writing my stories. you see, your author here is heartbroken and i'm taking my time to forget the stress building up. i hope you have more patience with me. again, i'm sorry to keep you all waiting. i'll update again as soon as i can.