One-shot: The Letter B

The Letter B

The Letter B

 

 

Ever since the visual of the group revealed that he likes something that starts with the letter ‘B’, everyone has been speculating about what it could possibly be. Some open-minded fans seem to think the letter ‘B’ stands for ‘boys’, some not-so open-minded ones think it must be some kind of sports; badminton, basketball, baseball or anything along those lines. But to a massive group of people that refers themselves as Banghim shippers, the letter ‘B’ screams ‘Bbang’ more than anything else.

 

And Yongguk—who is surfing the net on their shared PC— find it to be very amusing.

 

“Hey, Channie,” he calls out for Himchan who is hanging around in the living room with the other members, possibly playing some undefined games.

“Oh?” Himchan calls back, not wanting to get up from his seat. He tilts his head a bit to find Yongguk in the corner of the room and the leader turns back just in time to meet Himchan in the eyes.

“You never really told us what that ‘B’ stands for,” Yongguk smirks. His eyes turn to slits as his gummy smile becomes visible to Himchan. Seeing the sight of that makes Himchan smiles in return—he always loves it when Yongguk smiles.

 

The other members exchange glances with each other when Daehyun suddenly snorts, “Hyung, you don’t know?”

 

Both Yongguk and Himchan look back towards the main vocal almost immediately. Himchan wonders if they really know what it stands for and Yongguk instantly feels a tad bit left out for not knowing.

 

“What?” Yongguk asks, changing his attention from Himchan to Daehyun.

“Could it be… it really is me?” he continues, raising a brow in shock.

 

Hearing that, Himchan bursts out laughing, and the rest of the members join in just as fast. They look at Yongguk with such amusement in their eyes that it bug Yongguk so much he starts to sulk in the corner.

 

 

*

 

 

Since then, Yongguk has been developing some kind of a towards that said unsolved mystery. That explains why today at the fanmeeting, he decides to wear something that will attract Himchan’s attention more than ever.

 

(cr. BAPR2)

 

“Channie! Loooooook!” Yongguk literally runs towards Himchan as he shoves his tummy proudly. He is about to say something else but when he lifts his head up, Yongguk freezes when he sees Himchan standing in front of him.

“Wow… you look different,” he says as he playfully tucks Himchan’s hair behind his ears. The latter blushes deeply as he pushes away Yongguk’s hand gently, and smiles in return.

“Yah, would you stop with this little obsession of yours, Bbang?” Himchan says, pointing towards the man in front of him as he laughs out loud when he sees what Yongguk is wearing; a t-shirt with a huge ‘B’ letter printed on it.

 

 

*

 

 

(cr. baozisandjello)

 

“Why do you have to look so pretty today? I feel ugly just sitting next to you,” Yongguk whines when they are already in their seats. He looks towards his left and secretly admits deep down inside that Himchan really is beautiful, not just for today but especially today.

Himchan—who is blankly fanning himself with a Chinese traditional paper fan—looks back towards Yongguk and nudges him hard with his own elbow. “Stop saying things like that, Bbang. You’re perfect.”

It takes him a while to respond to that but Yongguk feels as if Himchan is just trying to console him. Himchan always does that. He may seems like he is proud of having such looks but Himchan never really likes anyone to put themselves down because of that.

“Yeah, right… maybe I should do something cute, so that they’ll look at me instead of you,” Yongguk grins playfully.

With that, he starts to place a ‘V’ sign just right below his chin and Himchan smiles so hard he’s afraid anyone else would notice how easily amused he gets whenever it comes to Yongguk. He immediately turns around, his lips in the process as he tries to remain as calm as possible.

 

(cr. baozisandjello)

 

It isn’t helping, though; when Yongguk does it again for the second time and this time, Himchan is caught staring at him that he does not even realized there are fans looking back at him. He bows down almost immediately, somewhat embarrassed over his own silly self as he laughs it off.

 

(cr. baozisandjello)

 

 

Himchan keeps stealing glances at him for the rest of the day and Yongguk notices it, oh yes he does. He feels as if his own little idea of wearing the t-shirt today seems like it pays off. Every little thing that he does today, Yongguk finds Himchan looking back at him and my, how he feels somewhat content just because of that.

 

(cr. baozisandjello)

 

When the fanmeeting finally ends, Yongguk and Himchan are the last ones to get up. Himchan flashes a ‘heart’ sign towards the fans and at the same time, without diverting his gaze, Himchan says something that makes Yongguk all giddy inside.

 

 

(cr. babysareperfect)

 

 

“Bbang, that ‘B’ stands for ‘Bbang’.”

 

 

 

THE END.

 

 

[A/N] LOL I just felt like writing this (: every little thing that Banghim does is worth writing for. So, thank you for reading and comments would be higly appreciated! Not that this is worth commenting, anyway XD