CHAPTER VI

To My Diary

Daehyun's house was thankfully just 2 stops away from mine. I couldn't contain my excitement. "Omma~!" I sang as I sailed through the door. My brother, Ji Yong, answered instead. "Omma is not home. What do you want? You're so noisy.." He scolded. "Oppa, can I stay over at a friends house?" "Who? Suzy?" "No oppa, I made a new friend. His name is Daehyun and he's really nice!" Ji Yong frowned. "He? A 'he'? Are you mad? What if he's a ert? No!" "Oppa! I'm only staying over to take care of his back. After all, I'm the one who caused him to be hurt.." I pleaded. "How long will you be staying there?" "2 weeks." "Right. Make Suzy come every day, just to be safe." Ji Yong warned. I groaned but hugged him anyways. Besides Suzy, Ji Yong was the only one who I told everything to. "I'll help you tell omma." He called as I went up to pack my bag. 

I reached Daehyun's home again at 7.45. He was slunk on the sofa watching television. "I've unlocked the guest room. There's a personal toilet in there. You can get changed." He called over his shoulder. 

I've changed into something quite casual.. I hope he doesn't mind. The guest room was really pretty. There is a queen sized bed in the middle and a bedside table on each side. There is also a dressing table and a closet at the side. There is even a personal toilet!  Anyway.. we havent had dinner yet. I wonder if he can cook.. Do I have to cook for him? I'm not very good at it but I did learn some recipes from omma. 

"Um.. Do you need dinner? We haven't ate.." I approached Daehyun cautiously. I realised his was munching on popcorns. "Nope. There are lots of snacks in the kitchen. You can take any." He replied. I frowned. "Do you always eat like this?" "Yeah, when my parents are not home." I snatched the bowl of popcorns away from him. "Well, I'm going to change that. You can't eat like this all the time! It's not healthy! I'm going to have to cook for you from tomorrow onwards," I sighed. Daehyun laughed, "Right, now give me back my popcorn!" He leaped up from his seat to snatch the bowl back. "Careful! Your back!" I cried. "I'm fine, don't worry. You should behave like that more often. I like it when you talk more and not keep writing and being so quiet," Daehyun said. I blushed and placed the bowl onto the coffee table. Daehyun straightened up and patted the spot beside him. "Sit here," he ordered. I had no choice but to sit beside him. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in. I flinched at the contact. "That's how you're suppose to watch television with friends," Daehyun smirked. I blushed even harder and stared at the screen. I realised that he was watching Finding Nemo. "Are you serious?" I groaned. Daehyun laughed and nodded his head. 

Its really late now. I was watching movies with Daehyun. Finding Nemo, to be exact. I found out that he is rather childish but it was cute. I liked it. He had his arms over my shoulder the entire time, even occasionally my hair. I felt shy and happy but to he honest, it was a little too close for comfort. I mean, this is the third day I know him. Is it right for him to act so close? Or does his think I'm just another girl? It can't be right? He told me I was different. I'm his friend, right? I shouldn't think too much. That reminds me, I have to change his eating habits! I'm going to cook breakfast for him tomorrow... Hopefully it wouldn't turn out so bad..