Found

The Dream Thief

After putting Bora to sleep, Minho got out of the bedroom. The old door had been moved out, the new door had been ordered and paid by him, and a pretty grumpy Soyou had swept off the wooden bits on the floor. He walked to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water, and found Soyou still doing the dishes, with Dasom enjoying some mango pudding.

"How was dinner?" Soyou asked Minho, as she put a plate onto the drying rack.

"It was good. Thanks noona, for making it." Minho replied, as he sat down on the chair beside Dasom.

"You're really lucky, oppa. Not many people had taste Soyou's food before." Dasom commented in the middle of spoonfuls of pudding.

"Shouldn't you be going back to your group now?" Soyou asked.

"Not yet. They're all still at snsd's dorm. I rather not be there. It's too sad and depressing."

"But still, it's getting late." Soyou said as she looked at the wall clock. "It's already coming to eleven. Your members would get worried."

"Can't I just stay here for the night noona?" He asked, giving Soyou his best innocent puppy face.

"No, this is a GIRLS dorm." Soyou replied unaffected. "Just go home."

"Fine." Minho pouted, getting up from his seat. "After I check on Bora." He left, leaving Soyou and Dasom alone in the kitchen once more.

 

Minho watched the sleeping beauty rest on her bed, wiping the beads of perspiration that formed on Bora's forehead as she tossed and turned. Looks like she's having another nightmare, Minho thought. But who could blame her. She had been through more trauma in a few weeks that other people in a few years. He waited for a few minutes before Bora jolted up from her sleeping position, panting and sweating profusely. She broke into a soft cry, and Minho wrapped his arms around her and comforted her.

"It's okay," he said in a soft and gentle voice. "It's just a dream."

Minho had never found it weird for his noona to be acting so weak in front of him. Bora usually latched onto him as if he was the oppa, the older guy, whenever she was upset or frighten. He waited for Bora to calm down before speaking again. "Wouldn't you like to change?"

Bora looked down at her clothes, realising that she had not changed or wash up since the start of the day, and stuck her tongue out. "I think I better wash up first."

Minho laughed. "I can't believe it took you so long to realise."

"Hey! There are some things more important than washing up, like eating, which I did." Bora gave her signature pout as she replied. Minho took hold of her cheeks and pinched them hard. "Acting cute won't work on me remember."

"Ya! It hurts!" She shouted, trying to make Minho let go. "Let go now!"

"Ok!" He pulled on them before releasing, leaving a burning sensation on both cheeks. "YA!" Bora shouted, trying to catch Minho, who was  already speeding out of the bedroom and to the front door. "Bye Soyou noona! Bye Dasom!" He quickly said to the girls as he passed by the kitchen. Both the girls watched as Minho sloppily put on his shoes and ran out of the door, and Bora following right after.

Soyou could help but sighed. "Guys will always be guys, won't they." She commented, causing Dasom to burst into laughter.

 


 

Done.

He placed down the saw, which was fully coated in blood, on the table. Removing his equally bloody gloves, he looked happily at Hyoyeon. He still thought she was so beautiful, though partially covered in her own blood. He put on a new pair of clean latex gloves, and lifted the body off the ground, placing it on top of the bed again. He frowned as the blood leaked out of the cut and onto the bed, staining it red. Nevermind, he thought, moving away from the bed. I can cover it up with more blankets. She will be found as beautifully as she is now.

After all, she's my masterpiece.

He spent the rest of the day removing the sticky red liquid off the ground, wondering who in the world would use cement as the floor if they have so much money. Maybe that's why they left, he lied to himself. They can't even build a house properly. There was still slightly noticeable but he decided that it was the best he could do. He fished out a light blue knee-length dress from his black backpack and put it on Hyoyeon, careful not to stain the dress too quickly. Placing the blanket over her, he smiled, looking at the art he had created. The clock struck 11 at that moment.

It's time.

 

He whipped out the phone from his pocket and switched it on, the familiar melody playing in his ears. Thankfully, he managed to get her to remove the password before switching it off... with enough torture, of course. He took a chair beside him and brought it close to the bedside, sitting down right after. He knew that the nearest police station would still take at least 45 minutes to reach here if they were able to track, but still more time than he ever needed.

"You know," He spoke to Hyoyeon. "You're the first girl who has ever been to my old house, far deep in the woods. You should consider yourself lucky."

He laughed, not expecting a reply.

"You're the first one who has ever been to this place, full of shattered hopes and broken dreams." His eyes began to water. "And soon, there will be more people." He wiped the tears away with his sleeve and continued, "Who will be here also."

Looking back at the body, he smiled. "Maybe, once they see you, they'll finally see how broken and shatter those dreams were. Yes... you'll show them." He laughed again. "Let them realise their mistakes slowly and painfully."

He got up, picked up his backpack and hold out the phone. "You know," he said as he looked through the contacts. "I bet there would be so many people who with curse out at me or think I'm crazy." He found the phone number he wanted and pressed the 'call' button. "But I don't care anymore. They made me this way."

The woman picked up, screaming frantically into the mike. "Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon, are you there?! HYOYEON!"

He placed the phone beside Hyoyeon's head, believing that that was what the caller would have wanted, for Hyoyeon to hear every word that they say. He walked to the door, careful not the make a sound.

"So long, Hyoyeon." He whispered to her as he walked out of the room.

 


 

"Guys! She's calling!" Sunny screamed, as she read the caller ID on her phone. All the girls and guys turned and looked at her expectantly. She answered, pressing the phone against her ear. "Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon, are you there?! HYOYEON!"

No reply.

"Hyoyeon-ah!" She continued, on the verge to cry. "Please answer Hyoyeon-ah!"

Still nothing.

Sunny broke down, covering her eyes in her left hand, the right hand still holding the phone against her ear. Onew was quick to act. He got Key to call the police immediately and inform them of the call. The call was traced a few minutes later. Everyone quickly got into the cars, letting Onew and Jonghyun, and Key drive since the girls were in a wreck. They followed the directions, all having a small gleam of hope that Hyoyeon would be okay.

It faded a little as they entered the woods.

 

They raced through the woods, after breaking a lot of traffic rules. The sun was long gone from the sky, a full moon standing in its place. The tree branches swayed carelessly over the darken road, like the evil arms of monsters waiting to snatch the cars and spin it off the road. "We're here," Jonghyun said, pulling over at a big worn down 2-storey brick house, Onew and Key following right after. Everybody stepped out of the car, and stared at the house for a few seconds, wondering why they were led to this place.

"Are you sure it's here?" Tiffany asked weakly. "I don't like the looks of this place."

"Remember why we're here girls." Taeyeon reminded her. "We have to find Hyoyeon."

"But still..." Tiffany looked at the paint peeling off from the house walls. "Shouldn't we wait for the police to come?"

"You can wait all you want, unnie." Yuri spoke, walking towards the front door. "But I'll be going in."

She opened the door as everyone else walked towards her, including Tiffany whom didn't want to be left alone. Sunny managed the find the main light switch and flipped it, causing a dim white glow to shine into the room. The furniture were covered with white cloths, along with a fine layer of dust. "Hyoyeon!" Yuri shouted, and waited for a reply. Silence greeted them back.

"We should split up." Key suggested. Everyone formed groups of 2's and 3's and separated themselves between the levels, with Onew, Taemin, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica and Sooyoung taking the first level, and the rest taking the second level. The search was done tediously, with over ten rooms in each level.

 

"Whoever had lived here must be pretty rich to live in such a big house." Yoona commented, looking around at the paintings which weren't covered.

"Focus unnie," Seohyun told Yoona, earning an apology right after. The two of them walked towards the far end of the corridors, moving slowly as it gets dimmer moving away from the second level's main light source.

"Hey, there's light coming from that door!" Seohyun pointed out. A faint glow can be seen from below a surprisingly new-looking door.

"You don't think she's in there, don't you?"

"We must try." Seohyun took hold of the doorknob and lightly turned it, both of their hearts beating wildly as she swung the door opened. They were greeted with a sight they wanted to see.

Hyoyeon, resting on the mattress, with a blanket.

"Unnie!" Yoona shouted, running towards the figure. Seohyun looked at her happily, but found it weird that Hyoyeon seemed smaller for some reason. Yoona cried as she touched Hyoyeon's cheek.

It was stone cold.

She jolted backwards, startled at the sensation she felt. A metallic smell hit her right after. As Seohyun walked towards her, Yoona traced the smell back to the bed, and removed the blankets that were covering Hyoyeon up to her shoulders with trembling hands.

She screamed, a piercing one which rang throughout the buliding, crushing the hopes of the others into a thousand pieces.

For she was greeted with a sight of a woman with no feet.

 

=======================================================================================================

Mianhae! Sorry it took me so long to update this! So here's a slightly longer chapter (I think that it is, though it might not be). My exams were over some time ago and I'll be having a few more in a few weeks time. Why is life so difficult sometimes? T^T

Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter! I will try the put in the mystery solving bit in the next chapter, but it'll take some time for me to rack my brains for ideas. :P Oh, and I managed to reach 10 subcribers! :D Thanks for liking and supporting this fanfic. It means a lot to me. :)