Prologue-The Dreamer

The Dream Thief

Hyorin struggled to keep her eyes open. She was still feeling giddy. Hyorin tried to stand up, only to realise that she is tied onto a chair.

 

Where the heck am I?!

Hyorin look around her. It was the insides of an old factory. The floor was covered with a layer of dust. Only a single light bulb lighted the room with a small glow. She tried to remove the ropes around her hands when she suddenly felt like she was being watched. Looking up, she met the eyes of a smiling psychopath.

"Hello, Hyorin." the man said, still grinning.

 

Hyorin froze. It's obviously common for a girl group member to hear her name, but to hear it coming from the mouth of a psychopath made her cringed.

He looked at her contently. "You're quite pretty, don't you know?" he smiled, causing Hyorin to shiver. "And you're such an amazing singer."

"What do you want?" she asked weakly.

"Not much." he said, moving towards a table Hyorin didn't notice earlier, putting on a pair of latex gloves. Her eyes widen as he picked up a sharp blade. 

"Just your dream."

 

Hyorin panicked. She tried again desperately to untie herself, staring all the time at the blade that he was carefully holding.

Come on! Loosen!

"It's not going to work, you know." he said bluntly, moving towards her with the blade. "I had specially chosen the ropes for this occasion. You'll never be able to get out of that."

Hyorin still kept trying. As the man came closer, he started humming.

Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me...

 

She was already crying in fear. Looking up to the man, Hyorin said in a pleading voice.

"Please, please don't hurt me."

"I'm not going to hurt you." he was already in front of Hyorin, looking carefully at her face. "I just want that dream of yours."

 

The blade went under her chin and onto her neck, slowly tracing out her vocal cords. Hyorin stiffened. "You know, that dream of yours is so beautiful. Wanting to sing in front of people with that strong, husky voice of yours." he said half laughing. He bent down, placing himself beside Hyorin face, and whispered into her right ear softly.

"So long, beautiful dreamer."

 

Hyorin screamed as the knife pierced her neck.