Five down, 16 to go.

Infinite true drabbles

Starting with the first five. I'm doing this in order, eldest to youngest, so here it's all Gyu pairings except for GyuJong - that'll be with the next lot. 

Idk if anyone's gonna read these, but they were super fun to write. In searching around for inspiration, I'm also opening my eyes to ships I'd never given much thought to. GyuYeol are a prime example - I'm like, how on earth did I never notice before D:?

 

Title: U + I (GyuDong)

The break-up was good. It wasn’t working out. They’re going their separate ways. Dongwoo’s OK. He intends to tell his roommate precisely that.

 

He’s in the sitting-room when he hears Sunggyu return home.

“Dongwoo-yah, I heard about you and Ailee.”

 

Absolutely unbidden, the glistening eyes.

“Oh…”

 

Sunggyu frowns, a picture of sympathy.

“How’re you doing?”

 

“Well…”

Dongwoo looks down, bites his lip. Moments later, he’s pulled into a hug. He rests his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder, remembering in the last second to turn his content sigh into a shuddering breath. Sunggyu Dongwoo’s hair, convinced of his heartbreak.

“I’m… OK.”

 

 

Title: Ex-comrades (WooGyu)

A minor lapse in concentration (he hadn’t slept lately) and Sunggyu found himself lost in the Badlands with his electrics down.

“,” he spat, waiting for his tiny shuttle to be boarded.

 

Three pirates came. Two raided his supplies while another, masked, shoved a pistol in Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu’d tried fighting back. It hadn’t worked. Masked-Pirate was lean but surprisingly strong. Sunggyu’d settled for yelling at them. (Yelling was his speciality). The pillagers threatened to knock him out a few times – nothing came of it.

 

Sunggyu was mid-rant about filiality when Masked-Pirate snapped.

“Gyu-yah! D’you never learn to shut up?!”

 

 

Title: The Temple (HoGyu)

Hoya entered that summer. Presently, his Watcher arrived. During his nightly prayers, a pearl of light sparkled nearby, always just out of sight. Hoya fancied he felt it following him invisibly during daylight. The other novices kept distant.

 

On the darkmoon, his dreams were entered. A fox led him through forests. It had three tails, red eyes and wore a jade pendant. The forest was dark. Hoya glimpsed spirits drifting through the gloom.

 

They came to twin graves. The remembered aroma of funereal incense filled Hoya’s head.

 

“I was indebted to your father,” the fox growled, “May I repay you?”

 

 

Title: New Challenge (GyuYeol)

Sungyeol spends six months trekking South America – climbing mountains, camping under desert skies, exploring dense jungle… He changes. On returning, everything feels different. Unfortunately, his kith and kin notice only his haircut and tan.

 

Within a week, he’s split with his boyfriend. Sungyeol doesn’t want incessant cuddling and being spoiled anymore. Trying to express this only got him laughed at.

 

Frustrated, Sungyeol drowns his sorrows.

Someone’s tapping his shoulder. Sungyeol hazily recognizes the hyung Woohyun spent much of highschool mooning over. He’s cuter than Sungyeol remembered.

 

“Sungyeol-ah, you look different.” Sunggyu smiles, eyes becoming pretty crescents. Sungyeol likes him already.

 

 

Title: Abscond (MyungGyu)

The sounds of irate magnae and abused teddy-bear easily carry from their shared room. Sunggyu and Myungsoo are huddling in Woohyun’s empty room on his creaky bed. Myungsoo’s hugging Sunggyu’s waist (more tightly than necessary, Sunggyu opines). Sunggyu distracts himself by grumbling about Woohyun’s room’s myriad problems.

 

“Stupid MyungGyu! Creepy! Hair-sniffing! Underwear-stealing!...”

 

Myungsoo may’ve just bitten Sunggyu’s shoulder. Sunggyu considers throwing him upon Sungjong’s wrath, but is marginally too nice to.

 

“…Skin-cream-stealing! Nitpicking!... Augh!” A moment of silence before a large, plushie body is hurled against the door, making it rattle in its frame. Sunggyu yelps and clutches Myungsoo closer.