001.

What Is Love

Minhee's POV

 

 

"So, what you're telling me is-" Baekhyun started off. I wailed before he could finish his sentence and covered my face with my hands. I didn't want him to make fun of me.

 

"You're stalking a guy that you haven't even talked to?" Baekhyun finished asking his sentence.

 

I groaned and kicked my feet agressively, frowning. 

 

"Is it really that bad?" I cried out. "When you say it like that, it sounds so pathetic." I whined.

 

Baekhyun sighed and patted my head, "There, there." he it, hugging me tightly.

 

"But I just couldn't help it." I frowned. I started to daydream about the mysterious stranger. "He's so perfect. He looks so beautiful when he dances." I sighed dreamily.

 

Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of my face, "Time to wake up and smell the roses, princess. This is reality. Any guy would be completely creeped out if he found out that some girl was stalking him." Baekhyun stated the obvious.

 

It only made me feel worse. I knew Baekhyun was trying to somewhat make me feel better, but with his smart remarks and statements that were probably, very true, it only made me feel worse.

 

"What you need to do, is you need to go up to him and strike up a conversation." Baekhyun started to brainstorm. "Accidentally bump into him, make eye contact with him as you speak, ask him what his name is, do anything to get his attention. You can't stalk him for the rest of your life." Baekhyun said.

 

"Yeah, I think I'll pass.." I mumbled.

 

Baekhyun sighed, I could tell that he was trying his best to help me. All I was really doing was making it hard on him, because Baekhyun's love life was really just perfect. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been dating for about a little over a year. They were so happy together, and I felt like a sloth whenever I was next to them.

 

"Do you like him?" Baekhyun asked.

 

I didn't know how to reply back, honestly. Do I like the stranger that I didn't know the name of? Not sure. All I knew was that if I wasn't attracted or appealed to him in any way, I definitely wouldn't have came back everyday just to watch him dance.

 

"I'll take that as a yes." Baekhyun said, noting my silence. 

 

"Baek, you don't understand. He looks mesmerizing when he dances. The way he dances just speaks to you in a whole 'nother way. You really have to come and see him dance with me, tomorrow." I said. 

 

Immediately, Baekhyun denied. "Yeol would kill me if he found out that I was stalking a guy with you." he emphasized on the word 'guy'. 

 

"Baek, please? Just once?" I pleaded. I didn't exactly know why I was pleading Baekhyun to do this. 

 

Maybe I just wanted to let him see what I was seeing, and maybe then, he would understand what I was feeling. Maybe if Baekhyun felt what I felt, he could tell me what I was feeling, because honestly, I didn't even know what I was feeling.

 

Baekhyun sighed, and the sigh was just too familiar to me. It was his sigh of defeat.

 

"Alright," Baekhyun breathed out. "I'll go stalk the mysterious, unnamed stranger with you." he said.

 

"But," Baekhyun blurted out before I could get too excited about it. "We're telling Chanyeol about this." 

 

I stared at Baekhyun in disbelief. I hadn't told anyone about my stalking sessions everyday after school except for Baekhyun. Baekhyun was honestly the only person that understood me better than I understood myself.

 

Chanyeol was nice and all, and I was sure that he was just as understanding as Baekhyun was, but I just couldn't let another person know about this. They'd probably think that I was a straight-up freak or something.

 

"Bu-"

 

"No buts." Baekhyun crossed his arms.

 

"I-"

 

"Ah." 

 

"B-"

 

"Ah."

 

"Can you ju-"

 

"AH."

 

"Ba-"

 

"I said no!" Baekhyun cried out.

 

"Okay." I sighed.

 

I thought that bringing along Baekhyun and letting his boyfriend know about it as well wouldn't be all that bad, right? But man, was I wrong.

 

 

Author's Note:

Yay, that was the first chapter. The chapters are probably gonna be coming really quickly because I've got most of it written down in my drafts.

It's not quite finished, yet. But I really liked the plot, so yeah. I hope you guys like it! (: 

P.S., the chapters are going to be super-duper short. Sorry about that.