Chapter Four- Part II- Who lit up the Candles?

It Isn't Safe
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sora groaned as she tried to open her heavy eyelids, it hurt so much that it felt like she was carrying rocks on her eyes. Her body ached as she tried to wake from her slumber. What had happened? Why did her back and neck hurt so much? The brunette, finally, managed to narrow her eyes to slits as she took her surroundings in, little by little, her eyes travelled from one corner to the other. Her heart knocked against her ribcage in alert as her mind registered nothing besides the empty walls.

This wasn’t her room.

Matter of fact, she wasn’t even lying in a bed. She was on the ground. Sora blinked, she lay on her stomach with her neck turned in an unhealthy angle. How did she end up like that? She put both her palms on the cold floor and pushed her torso up; she pulled her knees higher and leaned her weight on her heels. Where was she? And why did she feel like someone was in great danger? Sora cracked her neck as she tried to recognize the badly lit room. She tried to remember the lost memories while she stared at the wooden door to her right.

It all came falling down at that exact moment.

Jongin, his screams, the door which had slammed shut, and the window.

The window.

That thing.

Sora felt her heart leap into as she scrambled to her feet; she quickly hid in the corner of the empty room. She held her rising chest as her eyes hastily scanned for anything out of its place. Though, there wasn’t anything that could be out of place. There was no furniture, nothing. Not even a bookshelf or something. It was completely empty, had it been empty from the start?

The window wasn’t covered, so, the moonlight shone through it, illuminating a small part of the floor. Sora took deep, slow breaths as she stared at the window. Did she faint? Or did that thing knock her out? Sora quickly checked her clothes to see if that thing did anything funny to her.

To her luck, she noticed nothing was off. Apart from her aching muscles, she didn’t feel any pain. She also had no cuts or broken bones.

Her body was fine.

Her mind, on the contrary, was on the verge of going into overdrive.

What happened with Jongin? Was he still alive? Was that thing still around? Sora figured she was still in the mansion, and hopefully, alone. She didn’t know how to defend herself against that hostile being, which by the way, seemed to be super strong. He blasted her against the floor with ease, who knows what else it was capable off? It could probably, like Jongin, smell her fears, too.

Great.

Sora stood up and was about to try to open the door, when it slowly, creepily opened itself. The human girl couldn’t control her shaking body, so she pushed her back against the wall. Her eyes widened as she saw light

Please log in to read the full chapter