Chapter Six- Part II- Fugacious portraits

It Isn't Safe
Please log in to read the full chapter
A/N: Woow!! Guys! I can't believe it, but this story got featured a week ago!! This is amazing! I've said this before and I'll say it again but from all of my fics, this one is my favourite. In the past when two other stories on this account got featured i was happy, and sad at the same time. Happy, because Admin S got recognistion for one of her stories, and I too, got recognition for one of my other main fics. Sad, because ever since the beginning of me being on this site, I had hoped this story would get out there, you know? So, finally it happened!! and I can't thank you guys enough!   Also, the writers out here know what i mean when i say that the comments we get on our stories mean a lot to us. We put a lot of hours in these stories, a lot of effort, a lot of energy, so when someone recognises our work, and gives us feedback (be it negative or positive ((obviously positive makes us melt more)) it means a lot to us. I am fortunate to have a few readers who comment after i upload a new chapter, i'd do a shoutout but i'm not sure if they would like it...you know...privacy? BUT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE <3333 then after being featured i got a lot of congrats messages as well, i appreciate them! And for those readers who take time in sending me a comment, i really appreciate you guys <3 you make us want to update sooner, and work harder. It's really nice, you know. So, honestly, thank you! And I hope you guys will stick around until the end!! It's my honour having you on this journey with me! So, without further ado please enjoy the next part of chapter six!

Jongin stopped walking after a while. From behind, he looked tired. His shoulders didn’t seem as broad and strong as before. Perhaps, he did not sleep well. Or maybe he didn’t eat? Does he even eat? Sora raised an eyebrow. She couldn’t remember Jongin eating anything in front of her.   

However, he did drink tea. Taemin did as well. Sora concluded the Jinn needed food and drinks to survive after all.  

Jongin visibly sighed; he turned around with an unreadable expression. His eyes were pitch black, and his lips were pulled into a line. He motioned Sora to come closer with his finger.  

''Do you know what these are?'' the Jinn asked as his attention went back to what he looked at before. Sora peeked over his shoulder. She saw a handful of foreign objects scattered around the bushes, and on the sand path; they looked like dolls.  

Creepy dolls.   

The human shook her head in denial; she crouched next to one of them.   

''These are voodoo dolls. We are in a dangerous place.'' Jongin glared, he kicked the doll away from Sora. The latter gulped as she felt a shiver run up her spine.  

Those witches…  

''Jongin, the more I see of this place, the more I realise how lucky I am that you found me.''    

The Jinn nodded; agreeing. ''We were lucky, for sure. The chance was so small to start with. I still don’t understand how you managed to escape Taemin.''   

"Something scared him, and thus he abandoned me. I am not complaining, though. What if he had traded me... those witches... they would have ended up doing horrible things to me, wouldn’t they?"   

Jongin bit his lip. He didn’t answer in words, but his body posture told Sora that her thoughts were correct.   

The Jinn continued to walk; he left the sand path and tried to make a way through the dense bushes. Sora glaringly followed him as she tried to protect her body from being scratched and cut by the sharp branches. She wanted to complain and demand answers as to why Jongin would choose to go through a dense part while there was a clear path right there! But, her energy levels were dropping, again. She had to focus on getting through the wood first. She would complain later.  

Sora huffed, if only she could move effortlessly like Jongin. He didn’t seem to have any problems in avoiding the stinging thorns on the branches. In fact, his skin was not damaged at all.  

"How do you do that?"   

Jongin's ear twitched as he turned around with raised eyebrows. "Do what?"  

Sora growled, she protected her face by covering it with both her arms as she pushed through a few branches that seemed to be glued together. The thorns tore her flesh open, and that’s when Jongin understood what the human was talking about.  

"I forgot you're weak." He stated with a sigh.  

Sora gaped at his insensitive comment. She stomped her foot. It surely wasn’t the first time the Jinn made a degrading comment on the obvious contrast

Please log in to read the full chapter