Chapter Five- Part III- Shaved Punishment

It Isn't Safe
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taemin leaned back into the luxurious chair. He glanced at the other Jinn, and pulled his eyebrow up.

‘’What are you doing?’’ he hissed.

Jongin didn’t bother to respond. The grayhead continued to slouch in his chair with his arms dangling to the side. His eyes were half closed and his tongue slightly stuck out. Sora suppressed a smile. He looked like he could fall asleep any moment.   

‘’So, why are you guys here then?’’ Sora asked as she turned her attention back on Taemin.

Taemin fixed his posture; he held one fist in front of his mouth and cleared his throat. ‘’Thank you for reminding me, I almost forgot my mission.’’

Jongin slowly lifted an eyebrow, and opened one of his eyes as he carefully watched Taemin. His tongue slipped back into his mouth.

‘’Mission?’’ Sora asked, she didn’t like the sound of that. Was he on a mission to kidnap a human girl? Is that why he tried to plant the idea of punishing her, for trying to escape, into Jongin’s mind?

‘’Taemin, don’t make it sound like you actually have something important to do. I know why you're here. You couldn’t stand the fact that I'm enjoying my small vacation, away from home.’’

Jongin also fixed his posture, he leaned on the table and glared straight into Taemin’s eyes. ‘’Am I right?’’

Taemin smirked, ‘’small vacation, you say? Small vacation of almost a hundred years? I have to admit that it took me a while to find you, luckily for me- you took a human form these past few days, so I could actually track you down. And, for your information, I do have something important to do.’’

Taemin rose from his seat, ‘’I would appreciate it, if you could kindly cooperate, Jongin.’’ He kept his smirk as he walked into another room. Sora gulped, she already had a hard time trusting the two Jinn, Taemin wasn’t exactly making it any easier on her with his shady behavior. There was definitely something off here. She could read it on Jongin’s face, he was cautious as well. Sora finished her tea while she focused on the noises from the other room. It sounded like Taemin was searching through a drawer. What exactly could he be looking for in this old house? A knife? Or gun? Is he going to kill Jongin?

Jongin frowned but didn’t do anything to flee the scene. His fingers tapped on the table in a fast rhythm, and his eyes were trained on the door. He patiently waited for Taemin to return from the other room. Sora didn’t understand why Jongin was sitting still. If I were him, I’d disappear the second Taemin was out of sight. Isn’t Jongin scared? Sora put the empty cup on the table. She wondered what Jongin was thinking about. Perhaps, he was trying to come up with a plan?

Jongin growled when Taemin stepped back into the room. ‘’If you truly believe I’ll sit still, you're completely mistaken! I refuse!’’ Jongin shoved the chair back as he lifted an accusing finger, ‘’I didn’t do it either when they ordered me! Did you forget how I stuck up for you when you ran away with Zahiya?! You can’t do this to me!’’

Sora tried to make her body as small as possible, Jongin’s voice was stern and she could feel the sense of betrayal in his voice stick to her skin like glue. Is Taemin going to kill Jongin? No way!

Sora slowly turned her head and frowned. W-What’s that?

Taemin rolled his eyes and walked to the table, ‘’don’t be such a baby, Jongin. Besides, I only need a small bit.’’

‘’No!’’ Jongin roared, ‘’I'm not being a baby! How can you even ask this of me?! You know how much my hair means to me!’’

Sora froze.

His hair?

 

What?

Sora narrowed her eyes as she eyed the object in Taemin’s hand. Is that a pair of scissors? Are you kidding me?!

‘’Look, I was ordered to completely shave your head, but I'm not going to do that, obviously. So, stop making such a big deal out of it. They almost cut my ear off because you refused to shave my head! I'm actually doing you a favour!’’

Jongin crossed his arms and lift his nose. His eyes were sending death glares to Taemin. ‘’I don’t want to!’’

‘’You know what; I’ll shave the sides of your head. You’ll keep the longer locks, it’ll look good. I promise. This way I’ll be able to bring quite some hair back, they’ll believe I shaved your head. ’’

Sora’s eyebrow twitched as she watched Jongin give in with his lips pressed together, he sat in front of Taemin with a wrinkled nose. Are you kidding me? Are they insane? They

Please log in to read the full chapter