Our Escape

A Love Only We Understood

 

“THE POLICE!!”

‘’ Jessica thought.

“Who?” Tiffany asked.

“No one.” Jessica grabbed the other girl’s hand. “Come with me.”

They ran around the home, trying to get to the front of the driveway. Halfway there, Tiffany got a chance to view the side of her house.

“WHAT THE ?!” The windows were smashed and a car had crashed into the wall. ‘I’m so gonna it.’ Tiffany thought.

“Hurry! You’ll have enough time to stare at cars later.”

“BUT MY HOUSE!”

They continued to run, looking for a way to escape.

“Just our ing luck.” Jessica said.

There were already cops out in front. She pulled Tiffany along with her and headed back to the pool area. Jessica determined that the only good escape route now was to jump the fence that surrounded the backyard and make a run for it. She helped Tiffany over the fence first. Right before Jessica could jump over, a light was shone on her.

“Don’t even think about it.” A police officer said sternly.

Jessica spotted an empty liquor bottle on the ground and smirked.

“Get him!” She heard Tiffany shout.

‘! I forgot she was still here.’ She quickly picked up the bottle and threw it at the officer’s face. It was a perfect shot.

“!” He roared, taking out his pistol. By the time he could finally open his eyes, Jessica and Tiffany were long gone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“STOP!”

“What! Why?!”

“I…need…ugh!” Jessica leaned against an ally wall, trying to catch her breath.

“We didn’t even run that far.”

“Says you. Do… do you realize how far from your house we are?”

Tiffany shook her head.

“About… three to four blocks away. How’d you even manage… to not trip?”

“I have good balance.”

Jessica scoffed. “You should’ve seen yourself earlier.”

Tiffany just stared at the other girl, a serious expression on her face.

“What?”

“You never told me what your name was.”

“You never asked me what it was.”

“Well now I am.”

Jessica detached herself from the wall and walked towards Tiffany.

“I’m Jessica.” She smiled.

“Jessica. So you’re American too?”

“Yup.”

“Jessica.” Tiffany repeated. “Jessi, did I already tell you how pretty you are?”

Jessica blushed. “Y-yeah.”  She hung her head down. ‘Jessi? And since when do I blush whenever I get complimented?’ She thought.

“You look cute when you turn red.” Tiffany laughed.

“Be quiet! Someone might hear you.”

“So?”

“Are you really still drunk?”

“Mmm Hmm.” Tiffany nodded. “I had a bunch to drink tonight.”

“I can tell.”

“Thank you, by the way. For helping me earlier.”

“It was nothing.”

Tiffany smiled when suddenly lights shined on both girls. Jessica pulled Tiffany behind her.

A car had parked in front of them. As the driver got out of the car, Tiffany immediately recognized who it was.

“Yuri!” She shouted.

“What did I say earlier?” Jessica whispered.

“Oops. Sorry.”

“Tiffany? Are you alright?” Yuri asked.

Tiffany stood next to Jessica. “Kind of. I’m a little wasted…”

“A little?” Jessica interrupted.

“but she helped me out a lot.” Tiffany pointed to the girl next to her.

“We should go now, Tiffany.” Yuri said, never taking her eyes off of Jessica. ‘I think I know her from somewhere.’ She thought.

“Okay.” Tiffany turned to Jessica. “Thanks, Jessi.” She pecked the other girl on the cheek, leaving Jessica in shock.

Yuri cringed.

Tiffany got inside the vehicle. Before Yuri entered as well, she bowed to Jessica.

“Thank you for taking care of her.”

“O-oh it was nothing. Really.” Jessica said awkwardly.

Yuri nodded and got into the car.

As Tiffany and Yuri drove off, Jessica sighed.

“Well, that was interesting.” She said out loud. Her phone began to vibrate. ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’

She had twenty-three texts from Sooyoung, who was currently the one calling her.

“Yeah?” Jessica answered.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!” Sooyoung shouted.

Jessica massaged her ear. “Yah!” She partially whispered “Not so loud. I don’t know where I am, but I think I can get home.”

“Jessica Jung, do you know how worried I was when I couldn’t locate or contact you?!”

Jessica began making her way out of the ally and onto the streets. “I’m sorry. Look, can we talk about this tomorrow. I just really need to get home right now.”

“Fine. You sure you don’t want a ride home?”

“Yes, I’m sure. I’ll just call my parents if I get even more lost than I already am.”

“Alright then. Be safe, see you later.”

“Bye.” Jessica hung up.

The further Jessica walked, the more familiar the streets looked.

‘Tiffany.’ She brought her hand onto the cheek said girl’s lips had touched. Jessica unconsciously smiled. ‘I hope I get to see you again.’

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yul.”

“…”

“Yuri?”

“What.”

Tiffany furrowed her brows. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Yuri simply stated. ‘Other than the fact that the cheek you kissed wasn’t mine.’

The other girl started to giggle, something that she’s been doing ever since she began to feel tipsy. “Are you mad at me for leaving without you?”

“No.”

“Then why are you all grumpy?”

Yuri sighed. “I’m not. Just drop it, will you?”

“Are you jealous that I left with Jessi?”

“I said drop it.”

Tiffany leaned over from her seat and kissed Yuri on the cheek.

“There, now you have nothing to be jealous of.”

‘That did not just happen.’ Yuri thought, eyes wide in shock.

“Are we good now?”

‘Yes!’  Yuri didn’t want to give such an excited answer so she just ‘played it cool’. “We always were, Fany.”

“Good.” Tiffany gave her best friend one of her unique eye smiles. “So, how’d you find me?”

“Oh, I saw you and that girl jump over your fence. I got into my car and just followed the direction you guys ran in.”

“Your car fit in all those alleyways?”

“It surprisingly did.”

“One more question.”

“Hm?”

“Do I smell?”

Yuri chuckled. “Yeah, you do actually.”

“Like what.” Tiffany said, getting a little drowsy.

“Like pure alcohol.”

“Will…” Tiffany yawned “I get a huge hangover later?”

“The biggest.”

“Mkay…Yuri?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.” Tiffany mumbled before completely knocking out.

“I love you too, Tiffany.” Yuri knew that Tiffany meant what she said in a friendly way. And that tore her up.

“More than you will ever know.” 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OHH LAWWD I GOT A VOTE!

crying (882) Animated Gif on Giphy

I LOVE (you know who you are) SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! I LOVE ALL OF YOU! AHHHHhHHHH!!!

...Anyway, thank you so much for that vote. Means a lot :)

As always, please subscribe to this fic if you're enjoying it so far and don't forget to comment! Tell me what you favorite moment of this chapter was if you want to.

Thank you for reading.

-OhEzyra