CHAPTER 4 : The Wish That Has Come True

A smile, that’s all it takes to doubles the happiness

3 month later…..

Cho Kyuhyun was nervous..no….he was very nervous. Thick sweats keep trickling down his face. He had never felt this nervousness before, not even when facing the enemies.  Now he was pacing forwards and backwards in front of the royal bedroom, silently praying for his queen and unborn child safety. He became more and more nervous every time he hears the screams of pain from his lovely wife. “My love, please be strong..”.

Four hours almost passed, several maids still keep going in and out of the royal chambers. Ryeowook’s screams slowly become more faints and that worrying Kyuhyun much. He was just about to stop and asked one of the maids when suddenly a loud and rich cry filling up the room and the hallway. Kyuhyun froze, feeling the time around him also stop. 

One the maid went out and whispers something to the prime minister.  Kyuhyun was still in dazed when suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulders. “Congratulations, for a handsome prince is finally yours, Your Highness”. “Thank you, thank you all of you”, was all Kyuhyun can reply to them. Don’t misunderstanding him..He was happy…in fact really happy.“ The Queen and the prince is still being cleaned up and dressed but you may enter the room later to see the queen. We will now leaving you with the queen and newborn prince. I will announce the royal birth to all the netizens.” With that the prime minister bowing slightly followed by other ministers before leaving the hallway.

After being signaled that he can enter the bedroom, Kyuhyun slowly approaching the bed where his queen was lying, tiredness can be seen on her face, but the happiness also shining out from her face. He sit himself on the bedside, entwining their fingers while leaning down and kiss his queen’s forehead, whispering “ Ryeowook ah..my love, thank you”. Ryeowook nodded and smiled gently, wiping the tears that almost fall from her handsome husband eyes.  Just then, there’s a knock on the door, and then the room’s door opened again, and this time the midwife enter while carrying a small bundle with her.

“It’s the handsome prince, Your Highness, My Lady”, she said as she smiled and walks to the royal couple.  The midwife then carefully placed the prince in the Queens’s arm. “ I shall take my leave then, excuse me Your Highness, excuse me My Lady”. Both the king and queen nodded.

“ Look at him Kyuhyuna..he’s handsome..”, Ryeowook caressing her prince soft cheek,” and he looks just like you..I’m glad. “Indeed, he’s a handsome one”, Kyuhyun nodded, approving Ryeowook’s comments. Do you want to hold him?”, Ryeowook then asked after she noticed Kyuhyun’s stare.  “ I..I’m not confident with holding newborn baby..but…but I really want to hold our son”, Kyuhyun admitted shyly. Ryeowook chuckled,“ It’s okay, just hold him like this, and both of you will be fine”, she said as she gently handed their baby onto Kyuhyun’s arm.

Just then the baby opened his eyes, a bright pair of eyes staring deep into Kyuhyun’s, and a small smile emerged from his small lips. Once again, Kyuhyun was froze, the baby’s smile.. the smile.. doesn’t it resembles his own smile, the one that he has lost it??! “ Look Ryeowook ah…he’s smiling..he’s smiling!! And his smile looks like mine right? Your wish has come true” ,Kyuhyun  was literally screaming in joy, but only to meet Ryeowooks’ teary eyes. Panicked, Kyuhyun slowly scooted closer to Ryeowook, handling the baby to Ryewook’s arm, and then cupping her cheeks.

“What’s wrong my love, why are you crying? Doesn’t you feel happy that your wish has come true?”, Kyuhyun asked, gently wiping her tears away. “Look in the big mirror Kyuhyuna..look carefully in it…”, Ryeowook pleaded. Feeling confused, Kyuhyun shifted his gaze onto the giant mirror on the left side of the beds, that mirror on the wall was big enough to reflect their current position on the bed. They were now sitting next to each other on the bed. He can saw his own reflect, and also his lovely wife and baby, Ryeowook’s wearing soft smile while their baby was wriggling a little in his mother’s arms. He stared at their lovely reflected images, and unknowingly his lips start to stretched and curved into a soft proud smile. “You can smile again Khuyuna..your smile is back”, Ryeowook whispers to him, and that when Khuhyun snapped out, finally realizing his own image in the mirror as he stared in disbelieving.

“ I…I..it just…this is..is this really happening?”, Kyuhyun couldn’t hide his happiness, his tears starts to flow again, trickling down his cheeks. “Yes, it is happening, Kyuhyuna..”, tears of happiness also trickling down her face. “ Then I shall thank you my love, for always keeps praying and wishing for it, for never give up on me and for bringing me so much miracles in my life”, Kyuhyun leaned forward, kissing Ryeowook’s eyes, nose, cheeks and finally her lips. “ saranghae, my queen”. “ nado saranghae my king”.

Huwaaa…huwaaaaa..huwaaaaaaaaaaaa~~

“ Hmmm~ I think our little prince here is jealous, don’t you think so my king?”, Ryeowook smiled, kissing her baby’s soft cheek. “ I do think so too, my queen, but I think he is most upset since he has no name yet..Why don’t we give him a name, my love?”. “ Ermmm..how about Cho Ryeohyun?”, Ryeowook muttered, looking for approval from her husband. “Then Cho Ryeohyun it is.. Welcome to the world, Prince Cho Ryeohyun”, Kyuhyun smiled proudly, and then leaned down to kiss his baby’s forehead only to be rewarded with a small identical smile from the little prince. Secretly, Ryeowook whispering thanks to the little elf she has met before.

“A smile…that’s all it takes to doubles the happiness”.

 

END