CHAPTER 3 : A Revenge That Caused Everything (Flashback) Part 2

A smile, that’s all it takes to doubles the happiness

Ryeowook closed her eyes as she saw the lightning ball heading at high speed towards her. She felt something heavy covering her body, following with a loud thud. She quickly opened her eyes, only to saw a limp body lying on the ground. “Kyu…Kyuhyun!!”.

Ryeowook screamed, quickly she scoop Kyuhyun’s head into her lap, continuously weeping on him.“ Princess Ryeowook, please do not be like this”, a voice was heard, startling the princess. “Who are you, where are you?”, Ryeowook asked, looking surround her”. Just then, a tiny creature revealed herself from the bushes of wild roses. “I am Annelise, the elf of the forest flowers. You, my princess, have always being a kind hearted person, thus I will help you as reward”.

“What will you do to help him, my dear elf?”, Ryeowook asked politely, still holding unconscious prince in her arms. The tiny elf smiled to her, then place her little wand on Kyuhyun’s forehead before muttering something that Ryeowook couldn’t understand.“ My dear princess, I can’t tell exactly what will happen, as I also has limited power. But have faith, keep praying and wishing, for someday the bundle of joys will comes to you, and the happiness will blooming again”, she said and then disappearing again into thin air.

Three weeks have passed since the incident.  Before the incidents, Kyuhyun was bored after hiding so long but Ryeowook never finding him. Suddenly he felt uneasiness in his stomach. Afraid that Ryeowook might be lost in the forest, he decide to search for his princess instead. He didn’t heard what the evil woman said to his princess, but when he saw the lightning ball was going to hit Ryeowook, he immediately decided that he will protect the one he loves, even with his own life.

But now, When Kyuhyun learned that he could never smile again, he keep locking himself in his room.  His family decided to stay longer at the princess palace. He refused to meet his own parent, Ryeowook’s parent and even Ryeowook herself. He is not blaming anyone, it just that now he feel that he was useless, that he can’t make Ryeowook smile and laugh anymore. That’s when he decided to sacrifice his love, cancelling their engagement as he thinks Ryeowook deserves a better prince.

When Ryeowook heard this, she was fumed with angers. As she running towards Kyuhyun’s bedroom, the princess ignoring Kyuhyun’s parent, even her own parent pleas behind her. Knocking hard on the door, and kyuhyun still keep his mouth shut. And that’s it, her own palms, she shouted “ Kyuhyun, you should know that I refused to cancel our marriage. But if you still insist on cancelling it, then fine! But it’s not only you who lost the smile… you will never see my smiles too for the rest of my life!”.

Dead silence. Ryeowook felt her heart broken into pieces, her eyes already filled with tears. She turned around, ready to run away from Kyuhyun’s room when suddenly the door flung opened, and she find herself engulfed in a warm hug. “I’m sorry my love, I’m sorry”, Kyuhyun whimpered. “ Pabo, it’s me that should say sorry. It’s me that caused you become like this”, this time it is Ryeowook who whimpering, “I still want to marry you.. I love you, even if you cannot smile anymore, I still love you, my love for you would never change!”. “ I love you too, I love you so much my princess”, and thus Kyuhyun made a promise inside is heart that he will never let his princess go again, the one that love him honestly with all her heart.

*FLASHBACK END*