CHAPTER 1: The King That Lost His Smile

A smile, that’s all it takes to doubles the happiness

CHAPTER 1: The King That Lost His Smile

Cho Kyuhyun is the King of Crimson Kingdom. He is smart, bold, brave, and almost perfect for a king. Despite being a generous and lovable king, only one thing he never shows to other people..And that is his smile…it is not that he doesn’t want to smile…it just that he can’t smile anymore..Not after that he had sacrifices it for the one he love the most, for his queen, Cho Ryeowook.

Cho Ryeowook, previously Kim Ryeowook, is the Queen of the Kingdom. A beautiful young woman, with a beautiful pair of doe eyes, small perfect nose and small cherry lips. She has a bright beautiful smile that can make every people smiling too just by looking at her smile. But then the people would secretly feeling pity for her, for she has a handsome husband but sadly cannot smile.

Kyuhyun went into his royal bedroom after spending whole day working on his country issues, only to find his queen kneeled in front of the bed, closing her eyes, praying. He slowly approaching her, and gently pull her up, sitting both of them on the bed with Ryeowook on his lap.

“Wookie my love, what are you you doing? You know it’s not good for you to kneel down in this condition?”, Kyuhyun asked while softly rubbing his queen’s 6 months baby bump. Ryeowook smiled, her delicate hands caressing her husband’s right cheeks, “I’m praying for our baby”. “What did you pray for”?, Kyuhyun asked, quickly stealing kiss from Ryeowook lips. “ I’m praying that our child will be healthy, and strong, and handsome and beautiful…and….” Ryeowook  buried her face into kyuhyun chest . “And what my love..Tell me”, Kyuhyun said, nuzzling his face into Ryeowook’s neck.

 “And I wish that our child will inherit the smile you used to have…and how I wish I can see you smile back at me..at us..hiks..hikss..mianhe kyuhyuna…mianhe…it’s because of me you…you….”. “ Shusshhh, please don’t cry my love.. it is not your fault”, Kyuhyun lifted Ryeowook face, eyes meeting each other, “ I was willingly doing that, in fact I am very grateful that you still want to marry a cold-faced person like me”. “Pabo, of course I’m still marrying you..i love you”, Ryeowook tightening her hug. “And i love you too..So much that I’ll give everything for you”, Kyuhyun softly pressed his lips on Ryeowook lips, his hand still rubbing smoothly on her tummy.

After changing his clothes, Kyuhyun laid his wife on the bed, then snuggled himself lower so his head was facing Ryeowook’s tummy. Soon, Ryeowook falls asleep after being lulled by soft melodies hummed by Kyuhyun. Gently, Kyuhyun reposition himself beside Ryeowook.  He put his hands on her tummy, feeling no movement as he ensures that his child also must have fallen asleep. He then gently kissed his wife forehead. “Even if I can’t smile again for both of you, I promise to love both of you forever, to make both of you happy, for your happiness is my happiness, I promised”.