Final

Am I Worthy Of You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yixing!”

I just went out of the operating room.

And there she was, wearing her beautiful wedding dress which was now stained with blood. The blood of the man she loves, which was not me, and never will be.

I took off my surgical gloves and mask.

“Y-Yixing! H-how is Sungmin Oppa? Tell me!” She shook me. Tears, a lot of tears, are streaming down her pretty cheeks.

“Soonkyu-ah..” I whispered.

“Please tell me you saved him. Please tell me he’s still alive. Please tell me he didn’t left me. Please Yixing, please!” She pleaded.

“I’m so sorry. I did everything I could.” I apologized.

“N-no! You’re lying! I-it’s not true, right Yixing? You’re just joking and then, you’ll laugh and just say he’s safe and is still alive and that you were just kidding with me.. R-right? Yixing!!!” She said, convincing her own self that this was not happening.

She suddenly sat on the ground and sobbed harder.

I don’t want to see her like this, no. It breaks my heart.

I kneeled down and hugged her.

People at the hallway were staring at us.

A lady in a blood-stained wedding dress sobbing like it was the end of the world.

It was a painful sight.

She clenched unto my shirt and sobbed harder, if it was even possible.

I rubbed her back gently. Each sob, each tear, breaks my heart.

 

 

I took her to the emergency room and quickly cleaned her wounds and bruises from the accident.

As I was applying alcohol to her wounds, she sat still.

She was not even flinching; she was in a complete daze.

But her tears.. Her tears are still streaming down her cheeks.

It must’ve hurt. A lot. The happenings must’ve been very shocking to her.

Well, who wouldn’t? This was just a normal feeling that anyone would feel if they were at her shoes.

It was her wedding day. The day where her heart and Sungmin’s heart become one, but death took him away from her.

No wedding happened.

“Do you want me to take you home?” I asked.

She nodded timidly. “Yes, please.”

 

 

She slowly unlocked her door. But before she could get inside her apartment, I held her arm and she turned around with a confused face.

“Don’t do anything stupid.” I pleaded.

“What are you saying, Yixing?” She smiled a little.

“You know what I’m talking about, Soonkyu. Please, just don’t.” I hope she won’t attempt suicide just like what she does every single time she has huge problems in life.

I suddenly hug her. “I don’t know what to do when something happens to you, too.” I whispered.

She nodded her head and whispered. “Okay, I won’t do anything stupid.”

“Thank you.” I whispered back and smelled her hair. She smells like strawberry vanilla, just like always.

 

 

 

 

“Doctor Zhang! Mr. Kim is in the emergency room right now. He had an attack.” A nurse informed me and we hurriedly went to aid Mr. Kim.

I walked out of the emergency room. Thankfully we were fast enough and Mr. Kim was now safe.

Three years had passed since that day.

I have plans to meet Soonkyu today and we were going to eat lunch together.

“Nurse Park, I’ll be going out. I don’t have any appointment or surgery until this evening, right?” I asked.

“None, Doctor Zhang. You’re free for the whole afternoon. Are you meeting up with Miss Soonkyu?”

“Yeah, I am.” I smiled.

“You should tell her already.” Nurse Park advised.

“I think it’s not yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter