006.

Runaway

Og6.

 

 

Yoseob cares about her more than he’ll ever let on. He cares about her more than the wealth he’s been lavished by his whole life. He cares about her more than the status he’s carried since he was twenty. He cares about her more than any other women in his contact list. He cares about her more than his brother ever will.

 

Thus, when her hand felt icy cold against his warmth touch, all that he wanted to do was to wrap her up in his arms and shield her away from the flashing cameras. He was used to it – she wasn’t. This is his lifestyle – not hers.

 

Yoseob inhaled sharply. He’s going to kill whoever was responsible for this.

 

Cautiously, he guided her out of the medical centre and focused his attention on the group of reporters itching for answers.

 

“Yang Yoseob-ssi – “ he heard one of them calling his name.

 

“Is it true that the bride had run away?” another shouted.

 

He kept on a calm façade and continued walking. His clutch on Jiyoung didn’t loosen one bit.

 

“What does Yoon Doo Joon has to say about this?”

 

“Where can we find him?”

 

“Is it true that his fiancé has a mental problem?”

 

Yoseob halted in his tracks.

 

Behind him, he could feel Jiyoung freezing up too. Her hand shook in his grasp, but he knew it wasn’t of fear or anxiousness – but anger.

 

The reporter had just hit a nerve, a big one apparently, and he was legitimately worried about what’s about to come out from . So he held his breath and waited.

 

And waited.

 

Finally, with the faintest of voice yet firmly, she says,

 

“No, my friend is not crazy – if that is why you’re trying to imply. She’s perfectly normal as any other person can be. But if she were to really lose it, it’s because you people drove her to it.”

 

Yoseob smiled. He was proud of her; proud because she managed to keep her anger under control and he couldn’t have handled the situation any better himself.

 

“Please respect our privacy and refrain from anymore unnecessary questions,” said Yoseob. “This is a private family matter. Thank you.”

 

 

: :

 

 

“Are you okay?” he asked when they were out of earshot from the nosy reporters. They fell in step together as they headed for Jiyoung’s white Sedan, where Yoseob will make sure she has safely set off before he leaves.

 

She shrugged and smiled a little. “I’m fine. Slightly rattled, but nothing I can’t handle.”

 

“You know…you were really great back there. Any other person would’ve thrown a fit hearing her best friend getting dissed openly like that. But you actually kept your cool.”

 

Jiyoung laughed. “Well, you did warn me. I guess I made quick mental preparations. Like you said, these guys would do and say just about anything to get the information they want.”

 

Yoseob nodded. “That’s good. Always keep that in mind, eh? Anyway, call me when you’ve reached home. And make sure you lock all windows and door.”

 

Jiyoung opened the door to the driver’s seat and slid in, while Yoseob stood holding onto the frame as he waited for her reply.

 

“I will,” she promised. “I’ll call you and I’ll make sure to immediately lock everything up as soon as I’m in – even if I might get suffocated inside my own house.”

 

Yoseob frowned. Jiyoung burst out laughing.

 

“I’m kidding, okay? Yes, I will definitely call you. Thanks again for today. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you back there.”

 

He smiled longingly. If only she knew.

 

If only she knew just how far he was willing to go for her, to protect her from all the bad in the world.

 

But all that he said was, “Don’t mention it. Drive safely.”

 

 

: :

 

 

From a few cars away, a pair of eyes was watching them intently. He watched as she threw back her head to laugh at something he said. He watched as she lightly touched his arm before saying something that made him smile. The kind of smile that only a man in love would wear.

 

He watched as she waved him goodbye and he watched as he waited until her car taillights were out of sight before making his way towards his own Lexus.

 

Dongwoon’s fists were clenched so tight that his knuckles had turned ashen white. Their relationship wasn’t even good to start with. Yoseob has never liked him ever since he and his mother came to live with them. And Dongwoon blamed his father for coming in between his parents’ marriage. Blaming their elders weren’t enough, so they eventually vent out their anger on each other.

 

In short, the two step-brothers were in constant competition – in about almost everything.

 

Dongwoon also knew things had been pretty strained between him and Jiyoung since a couple of months ago, even before he left for his previous trip. He had used the time away to think about the progress in their relationship, on what step they should take next. They had discussed marriage before, but Jiyoung never seemed too keen on the idea.

 

That was just one of the many reasons for their wavering relationship. Initially, he thought they were both just going through a phase any other long-time couple like them would encounter. But after witnessing for himself the close ‘friendship’ between his brother and his girlfriend, it was enough to make him believe that there is another reason for Jiyoung’s reluctance in marrying him.

 

 

: :

 

 

Yoseob was about five feet away from his car, when he felt someone yanking his shoulder hard from behind and spun him around.

 

Before he could even register what was going on, a hard punch landed squarely on his jaw, sending him tumbling back a few steps.

 

At that moment, he was thankful for the boxing lessons he had taken, because it gave him the advantage of getting back on his feet quickly so that he could defend himself from his brother’s second hit.

 

Yoseob’s elbow blocked out Dongwoon’s second attempt, to which the former took the chance to grab both of his arms and locked them behind his back.

 

“Are you crazy?” Yoseob hissed. “There are reporters here! Lots of them!”

 

“Do I look like I care?” Dongwoon yelled. “Let go of me!”

 

He may be taller, but Dongwoon doesn’t have the advantage that Yoseob has. He was acting rashly, based on emotions, and that made it easier for Yoseob’s strength to overpower his.

 

“Not until you stop acting so childish!”

 

“Stop treating me like a kid!”

 

“I will when you stop behaving like one!”

 

“So I’m supposed to just sit back and do nothing while you steal away my girlfriend?” Dongwoon retorted.

 

That caused Yoseob to falter. And it was all Dongwoon needed to yank himself free but he didn’t hit his brother. Instead, he demanded, “Why?”

 

Yoseob remained silent.

 

“It’s true, isn’t it? You are trying to break us apart!”

 

“You don’t understand – “

 

“What? What don’t I understand? Tell me! Make me understand which part of this is even right!”

 

“I love her, Dongwoon…” Yoseob confessed. “I’m sorry but I really do love her.”

 

Dongwoon shook his head in disbelief. Even though he was halfway through to believing, he had wanted for Yoseob to deny everything. He wanted Yoseob to dismiss his worries, to convince him that it was just his imagination.

 

Because Yang Yoseob means everything he says. And when he says he’s in love, it means he truly loves and cares about that person – unlike his many other companions before this, which he only enjoyed for pleasure.

 

But with Jiyoung, it’s different.

 

His Jiyoung was different.

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry for my biasness in writing too much yoseob/jiyoung :c 

i promise more doojoon/nicole in upcoming chaps :) 

& thank you for your upvotes <3