23. No. 21113

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23. No. 21113

-----

Dara looked at Jiyong lost at first, but remembering what he had just said it alerted her. And when everything had cleared up in her head, she quickly sat up.

"Easy there," Jiyong helped her sit properly.

"Are you crazy?" Dara looked at Jiyong like he's out of his mind. "Did you just ask me to marry you?"

"I did," he nodded. Dara closed her eyes for a moment trying to think of the right answer to tell him. Of course it'll hurt the guy, but marriage...she wasn't ready for that.

"Marry me Dara," Jiyong repeated. "I mean I won the bet. So that's the consequence. Well it's a good consequence right?"

Dara's concerned face fell hearing what Jiyong had said. And that moment they both had earlier had slowly died down.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Dara looked at him hoping he'd take his words back.

"What?" he looked at her lost this time. "I mean a bet is a bet Dara. And I won the bet, so it means you have to marry me."

"Oh god!" Dara quickly gathered her stuff hoping to leave the guy for awhile. She needed the space after all she had poured her real feelings out yet this is what he comes up with.

Before Dara could lose her temper, the nurse returned with the sonograms. Her anger somewhat faded as she receives a few of her son's images. Sorting each one, she then handed a few copies to Jiyong.

"Don't forget to send one or two to your parents," Dara murmured. Once she was ready to leave, Jiyong hurried to catch the girl. He knew something was off from her and he needed to find out.

"Dara wait," he gently grasped her arm. "What did I do wrong?"

"We're not going to talk about that here," Dara sharply turned hoping no one would see them like this. "Let's get out of here!"

Jiyong didn't have time to utter anything as the girl quickly left. He tried holding her hand, but the girl denied his touches. And once they made it to his car, the guy didn't dare start the car.

"Please Jiyong take me to Bom unnie," the girl beside him whispered. She tried  to control her anger after all she didn't need the huge stress right now.

"Dara please talk to me," he looked at her confused. "I know I did something wrong."

"You think?" Dara sarcastically laughed. "Please Jiyong just drive me to Bom unnie's place. Now!"

When he saw how serious the girl was, he quickly turned the engine on driving her to her friend's house. He wanted to know what the hell he did wrong after all everything went well for him.

He felt their moment and the way Dara said she loves him had made super happy and touch. And seeing how happy the girl was he popped the question without a doubt.

Once they made it in Bom's building Dara didn't think twice. She hurried out of the car and didn't wait for the guy.

"Dara," he stopped her before she could enter the premise. "Please tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing Jiyong...NO-THING!" she uttered slowly. "Now go and do whatever you need to do. I need to talk with unnie it'll take hours. So go."

"Dara," Jiyong looked at her worried.

"Go," Dara seriously said making the guy nod. Once the guy was back in his car, she hurried inside and hoped not to cry. She knew they had their moment, after all she had said what she intended to say sincerely. And when Jiyong asked her to marry him, she felt her heart skip a beat. Even though it touched her, Dara knew better. She wasn't ready for marriage yet, she wanted to take things slow with Jiyong after all he was different. A different kind of good in her life.

But what had pained her the most was his proposal was all based on their bet's consequence. She didn't picture her marriage proposal like that. Even though she's somewhat heartless, she didn't imagine an important event in a girl's life to be base on a bet.

"," Dara whispered before making her way to her friend's place. "Kwon Jiyong you're an !"

-

Jiyong glared at his friend who kept on laughing after telling him what had happened to them earlier. He somewhat regret telling his friend his problem but who can he run to. His parents were far and he wasn't comfortable telling Secretary Kim about his issues.

And plus, if his parents knew what he just did, he'll for sure be facing his mother at the moment.

"Dude," the guy tried not to choke on his own saliva. "I can't believe you'd pop the question just like that!"

"What do you mean?" he looked at Top confused. "It was the perfect timing hyung! You know what they say...the feeling!"

"Bro listen..." Top tried not to laugh anymore. "Girls...they like their marriage proposal the romantic way. It may seem that Dara doesn't like those kind of thing, but dude you have to make some effort. I mean you can't just say marry me just because you think it was the perfect timing!"

"Hyung she said she loves me!" Jiyong remembered the way Dara looked at him. He felt his heart beat rapidly and he felt something electrifying in his insides. "I mean it was the perfect moment."

"Then why would Dara say no?" he asked his sadden friend. "If it was perfect time?"

"I don't know hyung..." he tried looking back, but nothing crossed his mind.

Just when Top was about to speak. Jiyong's phone rang. He looked at the screen and saw Bom's name flashing. He quickly answered it and regret putting it in his ear right away.

"!" Bom spat on the other line.

"Noona?" he nervously said.

"YOU BETTER NOT SHOW YOUR FACE ON ME!" she kept yelling on the other line. "WHO THE HELL ASK SOMEONE TO MARRY THEM BASED ON A ING CONSEQUENCE FROM A BET?! IF I'M RIGHT THERE NEXT TO YOU KWON JIYONG I WOULD HAVE STRANGLED YOU AND HANG YOU UPSIDE DOWN! THEN I'LL WATCH YOUR BLOOD SLOWLY DRAIN DOWN TO YOUR ING THIN HEAD!!!"

"Wait...is that why Dara's upset?" he asked.

"Look Jiyong," Bom's voice had somewhat softened, but the warning remained still. "You don't just propose or use a bet to assure that Dara would marry you. Who the hell thinks of something like that? Dara is not ready for marriage and just because she sees you as the father of her child doesn't mean she's ready for marriage idiot!"

"She loves me noona, she said it," Jiyong explained. "I mean it was a perfect moment!"

"Perfect moment my !" Bom spat. "Look Jiyong if you want to scare her, then ask her to marry you again. But remember you have to take this slow. Dara needs to take this one step at the time. And marriage of course is a huge step, just think about it."

"But..." he murmured.

"No buts..." she groaned. "Just think of it in her point of view. Lastly, if you're going to propose, at least do it properly. Dara deserves more than a marriage proposal after seeing their baby's . She deserves more...every girl deserve a memorable proposal."

When the other line went dead, he quickly looked at his phone lost. It took him a few seconds to remember what Bom said. Jiyong then looked up and saw Top curious. 

"I sure ed up hyung," Jiyong whispered.

"What do you mean?" his friend asked confused.

"Ugh! The stupid bet!" he groaned. "I...Dara and I made a bet or it was my idea. And ! ! !"

"What bro?" Top looked at him funny.

"You see," Jiyong bit his lips nervously. "I kinda..."

"Oh hell no," his friend shook his head. "You did not."

"I did," he sighed.

"Yup, you sure ed this one up Jiyong," Top patted the guy's shoulder. "Good one bro... good one..."

-

Dara sighed for the nth time which bothered the friend a lot. After pouring everything out to her friend, the girl had become silent.

"Look Dara," Bom glared. "The guy...well he just want assurance."

"Unnie, don't bother defending him," Dara mumbled. "I mean he said it himself and that hurts. I mean that's not how I imagine my marriage proposal to be."

"Are you even ready for marriage?" her friend asked. "I mean besides being hurt, would you even say yes to the guy?"

"What I mean to say is..." she went on. "IF...get that big IF.... If Jiyong was to propose to you in the most utterly disgusting romantic way...would you even say yes? And don't tell me all the bull reasons you have, I want honesty from you, Dara."

Would she even say yes, if this was done differently?

Dara then remembered telling Jiyong how she loves him. It was the perfect timing and so her heart had shouted it. And she knew very well that she would never regret letting the guy know how she loves him. Because she does love him.

Marriage?

Everything in her life all happened unexpectedly.

Death of her parents was a shocker, which she was not ready for.

Failed relationships were all unexpected after all work took most of her time.

And losing faith in men, was also unexpected.

The baby she's currently expecting...was also unexpected in a way she would have never thought she'd actually do this.

Finding Jiyong...was surely unexpected.

And telling the man she loves, that she loves him.

Was not accident or unexpected.

She had expected it.

So if she was asked again if she would marry Jiyong?

She'd probably and unexpectedly say yes.

"Based on the look on your face," Bom smirked. "You'd actually say yes."

"God unnie!" Dara wanted to hit her head on the table. "I...I can't just say yes. I mean this baby...even though its planned, but its all I need to think about. I mean it's a huge step and all. But marriage... I mean..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter