1. The Loser and the Man Hater

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. The Loser and the Man Hater

--------

[a/n: it maybe a little sensitive once you get to Jiyong's part. So be warned! It's not M-M its only M because of a certain word or words. And also be warned that I curse a lot here. Or the characters does, so if you feel offended kindly ignore it and keep reading. It's for the feel purposes! ^_^;; so enjoy!]

--------

Saturday, August 17, 2012 9:50 AM

Weekends are typically the rest days for many people who works mostly on weekdays. Its the days where people actually take time and just enjoy a day or two with no stress or work to do. However for Dara Park, a Saturday and Sunday consist of her being on her computer typing reports after reports for the promotion she's trying to achieve.

It has been her goal for the past years and now that a promotion like this is knocking on her door, she made sure that she won't waste any of her time. Climbing up from being the marketing director to general manager of her headquarter would surely look good on her resume as she targets the board of directors in the future. Yes, that's how high Dara Park aims at when it comes to her career.

But after finishing her reports and feeling proud of what she came up with, she had finally found the time for something else. Something that she's been thinking about for the past few weeks as well. Dara wanted this and now she's ready for it. 

"Wow! Did something good happened to you?" her friend was utterly surprise to hear from Dara that she wanted to meet up on a weekend. On a weekend! It's like Bom had won a jackpot.

"Well hello to you too Bom unnie," Dara uttered dryly as she rummaged through her purse looking for her phone.

"So what are we going to do today?" Bom asked as she suddenly felt excited for it. "Did something good happened that you asked me to hang out with you on a Saturday? On a ING Saturday!"

"Funny unnie," she looked at her phone and once she saw what she wanted to see, she turned to Bom and smiled. "I need you to accompany me on my appointment."

"Appointment?" she repeated. "Like?"

"You'll find out!" Dara grabbed Bom's arm as she led the way to their destination.

"Why am I suddenly feeling scared about this," Bom eyed her curiously.

"Don't worry unnie," she excitedly said pulling the girl with her through the busy town. "Nothing to be scared about!"

After a few minutes of commuting pass by, the two finally arrived at their location. Bom grew curious seeing where they have arrived. And the fear in her didn't ease, it grew rather.

"Are we visiting someone in the hospital?" Bom asked making Dara shake her head while the smile on her lips grew bigger.

"You'll see unnie!" Dara once again pulled Bom and this time inside the hospital.

Bom's eyes went still, staring at the huge sign in front of her. Her feet planted firmly on the white, clean marble floor, trying to take in whatever she's seeing. Bom's brain working overtime trying to think what this place has to do with Dara or anyone.

"You've got to be kidding me," her friend looked at the huge sign in front of them that had:

Bank

written in big, bold letters. There she realized what this was all about. And remembering Dara's constant talks about babies and how she would admire babies in public made sense to her.

"Oh I am not kidding Bommah," Dara grinned seeing her destiny right in front of her. "This is my faith! It's where I'll get my baby! Now let's go unnie and start browsing their catalogs!"

"They have catalogs?" Bom was stunned. "If one day you ask for its father Dara, you're alone on that!"

"Tsk! Like I need the father!" she laughed. "I got this on my own! I can handle this! It's the baby I am after!"

"You might eat your words after this!" her friend exclaimed, but Dara could only shake her head ignoring her friend's warning after all its the baby she wants.

The two were assisted in an office away from the main hospital. This side of the hospital are more known for its speciaists area and such. After Dara's mad research on this, she was able to find the right location where to get the baby she's longing for. She doesn't quite know what got into her other than one day she saw a couple with their toddler happily together. Dara saw how playful the little girl was whenever the dad would tickle her.

The soft giggles and smile the baby made, got her thinking about having a baby of herself.

However, Dara wasn't good in relationship. None of her previous relationships lasted and she had given up in finding the so called soul mate which she doesn't believe in now. She thought it would only waste her time if she kept on going on dates and fail each one. Some of the bad relationship she had experience had turned her into a man hater.   

"Are you sure about this?" Bom asked which made Dara smile. "I mean you still have time to back out."

"Unnie," Dara smiled again. "I'm sure. And plus it's just a walk through before the actual process.... like an orientation. Maybe my mind will change once the doctor explained everything to me."

"Will it really?" she seriously looked at Dara.

"I don't think so," she laughed making Bom grimaced. "Unnie, I hope you understand."

"No, I don't," Bom's voice was intense. "I think you're making rational decisions. I mean, it's not too late to find the right man and not some kind of a donor that's willing to donate his...his you know! Also, you have to think about the baby in future tense."

"Unnie," Dara looked at her intently. "You know how awful my past relationships were. Nothing worked like you said they would. I'm not putting the blame on you. No one is the blame here, but let's face it. My personality is just not what guys want. I come off too strong and intimidating to them and that's what turns them off. I can't control that."

"Remember Il Woo?" she asked making Bom nod. "He broke up with me because I was too successful in my career. I tried helping the guy out, but what does he do, he turned me down and broke up with me. He told me straight  to my face how strong I get and it intimidates him. And that's enough for me to understand that no guy would want me if they would always get jealous with my success in life."

"Conceited ! But Dara," Bom looked at the place. "Do you really want a child alone? I mean that's a huge responsibility and sure, you're financially stable, but what about the child. Can't you at least think about the child here?"

"Of course I do," she smiled. "And my child would only have me and my love. And of course yours too right? Unnie, I just want you to support me on this."

"Well it's you decision not mine," she sighed. "I'm not your parents and nor do I have control over you. However, I just hope you won't regret this. This is a huge step and doing it alone will be hard. I can't even imagine you as mother and a woman with a career!"

"Having a baby?" Dara asked making Bom nod. "Nope, not at all. All I need is this child to achieve my happy ever after."

Bom didn't utter anymore words after Dara's last remark after all she saw how her friend had already made a decision. And once Dara makes a decision, she ends up doing it. And knowing how strong the girl is, Bom knew Dara would never regret such thing.

But of course, as a friend, Bom can't help but worry for Dara since she making such decision. A decision so big that one or two days is not enough to think about. It's her life on the line. A woman with a career that suddenly shift into a woman with a career and a possible baby on the way. Just think about it... the challenge it will bring to her friend. It scares the out of her.

After ten minutes, the doctor arrived and had settled down on his leather chair. He explained the process and what Dara will need to prepare for before the procedure happens. He even went over the statistics on the success rate of this kind of procedure and also the cost that can damage a single person in the pocket. The procedure doesn't run based on thousands but hundreds if nothing works and chances are her body is also on the line. 

But then, Dara is well equipped and prepared for any financial need and she's willing to risk herself for this. It's the child in her mind that's pushing her to  do this. Having a child with no father, is her stand and no one can change that. Or so she thought.

"Do you  think it'll be successful for me?" Dara asked with high hopes.

"Well Ms. Park," the doctor removed his glasses off the bridge of his nose. "You're a very healthy woman. Sure, you are under weight, but you can still carry this on with such petite body of yours. Your menstrual cycle seems to be normal so ovulation are normal and that shows that you can have a successful pregnancy. So the success rate will be higher. However statistics can be biased, so all you have really is how your body would react to all this."

"But for now you don't need to worry about that. I'll have you do the preparation first and along this preparation I want you to think about this again. I mean you are still young," he added.

"I'm almost thirty Doctor Kang," Dara laughed even though talking about her age gets her embarrassed.

"Well women these days tend to become pregnant at a much older age," he laughed as well. "They don't rush into things. But since this is your choice I have no rights to say any suggestions or such aside from what you want. But I do want you to think about it as well."

"I will," she nodded even though she already had made her mind up.

"And in two weeks I want you back here," he went on. "That's when we can do the procedure."

"Thank you Dr. Kang," Dara stood up seeing him stand up.

"You are very welcome," he smiled. "Nurse Kim will lead you to her office for the rest of the process."

"Thank you," she repeated again.

Once they left the doctor's office, Nurse Kim had brought Dara and Bom to another office. Once they were all settled, the nurse had brough two huge binders containing endless of papers in them.

"These ladies are the catalogs I told you about earlier," she smiled. "All the information aside from their names and address are on here. So whatever you are looking for Ms. Park will all be here."

"Are they all clean?" Bom spoke up surprising Dara.

"Unnie!" Dara called, but Bom ignored her calls.

"It's okay Dara," Nurse Kim laughed. "Yes, Bom they're all tested and had come out clean. We don't take donors that have diseases of any kind. Our requirements are they are to be tested first, and they must be healthy and active and free of any illnesses."

"How sure are you?" she questioned the nurse while Dara sat still embarrassed with her unnie's questions.

"Because we ourselves get them tested first," the nurse smiled. "It's mandatory procedure when they come here."

"Do they get paid?" Bom went on.

"Unnie!" Dara exclaimed. "Nurse Kim, we'll go ahead and look at these catalogs and is it okay if you make copies of the profile I want? I just want to review it before choosing."

"Of couse," she smiled. "Well I'll let you two browse the catalogs."

"Thank you," Dara faintly smiled. Once the nurse left, Dara turned her attention at Bom. "Really unnie?"

"What?!" Bom pretended to be innocent.

"Let's just go through this," she decided to let it go.

"Well what do you want in a guy?" Bom started looking at the catalog.

"Hmmm..." Dara stopped skimming through the catalog she had and thought for a second. "I want him to be tall for sure, well not like 5 feet apart from me just perfect average kind of tall." Bom scowled at her descriptions. "He needs to be smart for sure! I want my my baby to be smart like me and my... I mean the guy."

"You do know they don't have that kind of description where their intelligence is measured here!" Bom felt rather annoyed.

"Oh by their occupation unnie," Dara said pointing at the page she's on. "Like this one, it said that he's an athlete, swimmer to be exact. So he can't be my option, since his way of swimming won't get my child anywhere in the future."

"You are so judgemental you know!" her friend turned the page.

"I also want the guy to be healthy," she went on.

"They all are Dara," Bom rubbed her belly after all she's getting hungry.

"I want the guy to be at least in their early twenties to late thirties before and after those age is a no, no," she thought for other characteristics.

"So you want a business man who's successful, tall and intelligent?" she asked earning a nod from Dara.

"Why don't you just get laid by your boss!" Bom spat.

"Eww unnie! My boss is old and no thank you!" Dara shivered just thinking about her boss that way. "And plus my boss has a wife and children, I don't want to ruin a family."

"Wow! Were you really considering it?" she asked making Dara fake a vomit sound.

"Come on unnie, help me out," Dara went back to her catalog looking at each profile.

Thirty minutes had passed, and Dara was able to choose ten profiles of the possible donors she wanted. Ranging from the age of 20 to 35 and they are all at least 5'9 tall in height. Their profession range from teacher to businessman. Personality wise she had someone funny, humble, loving and caring and such but Bom said they could be bullting on their descriptions. Skin colors were also based, from fair to somewhat tan and eye color she didn't bother after all she knows her child wil have brown eyes.

"Can we go now and eat! I'm hungry!" Bom complained.

"Unnie, we've only been out for two hours and you're already hungry?" Dara asked making the eldest girl nod.

"Come on! Please Dara! You don't want me throwing tantrums here!" she warned making Dara shiver.

"Are you all set ladies?" the nurse came back and this time with Dara's copies of the possible chosen one.

"I will give you a call Nurse Kim when I decided on who I have chosen," Dara said earning a smile from her.

"No matter what, this child will be beautiful," Nurse Kim uttered. "Here are the copies I have copied for you."

Just when the nurse was handing it to her, another nurse passed by causing her to bump into them. The papers fell on the floor scattering them everywhere.

"Nurse Yoo!" Nurse Kim somewhat yelled. "Watch where you are going!"

"I'm sorry," she bowed apologizing repeatedly at the same time. "I'm sorry Miss."

"It's okay," Dara started gathering the papers from the floor.

"Don't touch it Ms. Yoo!" Nurse Kim warned after all she knows how accident prone the girl is. "We got this."

The nurse and Dara gathered the paper making sure it's the right ten copies. Nurse Yoo didn't listen as she too joined the team gathering the papers. "What are these anyway?" Nurse Kim asked the other nurse.

"These are the new donors today," she asnwered. "I have to get them on the new catalog."

"Is there anyone tall, handsome and intelligent th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter