11. Sweet Like Strawberries

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11. Sweet Like Strawberries

---

Bom grimaced as she watches Jiyong help Dara out in the kitchen. She couldn't bring herself to accept that the baby Dara is carrying is Jiyong's. She pried too much into Jiyong's mother that in the end it was the actual truth. Or so according to the lady.

 

[Flashback]

Mrs. Kwon didn't move from her spot and her lips remained in a huge smile. She knew that Dara's friend would be this shock to hear such news. She was too, but then rather than being worried, she felt estatic. She wanted to question why Dara would do such thing, but then who was she to judge her. And did it matter to her? Not at all.

"I..." Bom stuttered.

"You...?" Mrs. Kwon's left eyebrow arched. "Look Bom-ssi, I know it's so hard to believe it, but believe it."

"How?" she asked. "I mean how would you know such thing? And why would you be interested in bank?!"

"I know," the lady blushed. "I wouldn't be in this situation if Jiyong and Top wouldn't do such thing."

"Huh?" the girl looked so confused.

"Those two fools love to make bets," Mrs. Kwon started explaining. "And you know how boys are, they sometimes make stupid mistakes. Well Top has those kind of moments, but I'm more surprise that Jiyong would do such thing."

"So Jiyong donated his because he lost to a bet?" Bom repeated earning a nod from her. "Wow! That is so stupid!"

"Well, those two are pretty outrageous," she laughed softly. "And they're boys so they sure make stupid mistakes which I'm not surprise."

"But how did you know that Jiyong's the father? I mean," she tried putting the pieces together. "I mean the bank keeps the donors and recipients anonymous or at least in private. They can't just share information unless..."

"Look Bom," the lady looked at her seriously. "I needed to protect Jiyong. In the near future, he'll be taking over the company and well I needed to know. I know that the purpose of the bank is for singles or couples who wants to conceive, but I needed to make a move to know who received Jiyong's donation."

"I'm not after the baby," she went on. "Well previously I didn't have any intention to be, but when I got to know who the recipient was well I wanted to be in its life more than ever. And since Dara is well single and doing this alone, I know she won't be greedy in sharing my grandchild."

"Okay wait right there," she looked at Mrs. Kwon shocked. "I get that you want to be part of its life now, but how did you know Dara received Jiyong's ? I mean like I said there's no way you can know unless..."

Mrs. Kwon bit her lips and her eyes roamed all over the place hoping not to let the girl see how nervous she was. However Bom could feel it, and with Mrs. Kwon's power and money she knew that the lady had someone check in the bank for her.

"Nurse Yoo?" Bom uttered looking at her eye to eye.

"She was the only option I had," Mrs. Kwon sighed heavily.

"Oh God!" the girl covered . "And here I thought Dara was crazy to ask Nurse Yoo to help her."

"What do you mean help her?" the old lady questioned not sure what the girl meant.

"Well, Dara has this moment where she gets all emotional," she explained. "You might have known that after all you've experienced pregnancy. Well there's moments where Dara wants to look for her baby's father."

"She's interested?" the gleam in Mrs. Kwon's eye grew happily.

"That's the thing," Bom sighed. "She would sometimes say she is interested and sometimes she wouldn't be. And who knows what's going on in her little head. I mean she's old enough to make her own decisions and most of the times she does on her own."

"So she's looking for its father?" she asked.

"I think she is," Bom answered. "I'm not too positive. If she really wants to know then I guess it's better to tell her that Jiyong's the father."

"NO!" the lady exclaimed surprising Bom.

"Huh? I thought you want to be part of its life?" she asked making Mrs. Kwon nod.

"I do," Mrs. Kwon smiled. "I really do, but let's not reveal it to her just yet."

"Why?" she asked wondering what the old lady had in mind.

"I want the two to develop for each other on its own," she faintly smiled. "If we tell them that it's Jiyong's child well they'll only be forced to stick together for the child or Dara would instead feel uncomfortable from us. She'd separate herself from us and I don't want things between us to be different. She's like a family to us and I don't want that to change. I want her to come to us and tell me that she's pregnant."

"I don't want to pry her into speaking about it unless she's ready," she smiled. "After all it is not my business even though I've already known about it. But I want her to talk about it when she's ready."

"You have faith in them?" Bom asked and the lady just beamed.

"I know when two people love one another," she winked making Bom baffled.

"I have one more question," she looked at Mrs. Kwon seriously. "How sure are you, that Nurse Yoo didn't mess this up? I mean she has the tendency to mess things up. I mean no offense."

"I know what you mean Bommah," Mrs. Kwon nodded. "I really do. It had me worried at first, but then she brought me these," she pulled something out of her desk's drawer. Then a white big envelope appeared with the hospital's logo on the corner. Bom's eyes widen seeing it.

"Is that...?" she uttered stunned.

"It's Dara's files," Mrs. Kwon said. "And Jiyong's. Nurse Yoo pulled Dara's files and as well as Jiyong's."

Bom quickly reached for it and there she started skimming the files. And indeed it was Dara's files and so was Jiyong's. "I think its enough to say that the two connects?" Bom was snapped out by Mrs. Kwon's voice. "Correct?"

"I...I guess," she looked at the donor's number on Dara's files which matched Jiyong's number.

She lifted her head and there her eyes met the old lady. The lady can't help but smile happily while Bom knew just how to enjoy this ride. "You have anything for me to do?" she asked.

"Just be the friend that you are," Mrs. Kwon winked making Bom evilly smile.

[end of flashback]

 

"Hello! Hello!" another voice echoed and there Bom's gaze from the two tore off looking over the new guest. Her evil grin turned into a glare seeing who it was.

"Thank goodness you are here hyung!" Jiyong uttered.

"What's up?" Top asked.

"Have you heard of knocking?" Bom uttered annoyed.

"Hey babe," he teasingly winked making the girl gag. "The door was wide open and that to me is welcoming."

"Claws in unnie," Dara muttered. "I need him."

"Ouch! I feel so used already!" Top pretends to be hurt.

"You just got here hyung," Jiyong laughed. "I'm the one that's super used."

"Yah!" the girl beside him smacked him hard. "You happened to volunteer yourself so don't complain!"

"Can't even get a joke D!" Jiyong soothes his pained arm. "And plus its not like I have a choice!"

"So what do we have here?" Top ignored the two bickering people.

"We need to move Dara's bed to the guest room," he answered his friend.

"Why? Don't you have a mover?" the guy complained.

"I need to save money," Dara reasoned.

"And I'm ordered to do so," Jiyong added.

"Why?" Top looked at his friend confused.

"Omma told me to do so," he answered.

"He's a good mama's boy," Bom teased earning a faint giggle from Dara.

"You find that funny?" Jiyong turned looking at Dara surprise.

"Huh? No!" Dara bit her lips trying not to laugh.

"Okay off we go to the bedroom to move," Top started to move. "I can't handle lovey dovey stuff here! That air is getting too thick, I think I'll suffocate!"

"Yah!" Jiyong chucked one of Dara's fake fruit at him.

"That's going to bruise!" his hyung uttered in pained.

"Dara," Jiyong looked at the girl before leaving. The girl just smiled and nodded.

Once the guy was out of the place, Bom faked a cough. Dara quickly whipped her head looking at her unnie.

"Come here," Bom signaled and as an obedient dongsaeng that she is, she quickly went to Bom's side.

"Yes?" Dara smiled.

"Is there something going on between you and Jiyong?" she spats making Dara shock.

"What are you talking about unnie?" Dara wanted to laugh but seeing the girl's glare she decided not to make such noise. "Jiyong and I are coworkers, he's currently my secretary and in the near future he'll be taking over the company. And I'm not going to lie, he's not that bad of a friend."

"Oh so you two are friends now?" Bom smirked making the girl surprise.

"Unnie," Dara glared this time. "We're just friends nothing more."

"I'm not going to lie," she turned her head where Jiyong and his friend went. "The guy is not that bad."

"Here you are again complementing him," she looked at Bom curiously. "Do you happen to like him?"

"Ugh! He is not my type," her friend wanted to puke. "I meant for you. I mean you two are getting along so well."

"Unnie, let's not go there," Dara looked away from her unnie's prying eyes.

"Are you still interested in your baby's father?" she asked.

"I am," Dara said. "I asked Nurse Yoo for a favor, but the girl declined my favor."

"She didn't say yes?" Bom surprisingly asked after all Mrs. Kwon got Nurse Yoo to talk.

"No," Dara sadly sighed. "She called me yesterday night after I met her earlier that day. She told me her decision which was she couldn't help me. I understand her why she said that I mean I am risking her career and she loves her career so who am I to push her."

"See," Bom smiled. "You're a great person! And like you said you don't need a man."

"Thanks," Dara returned her friend's smile. "I know I can, I'm just curious as to who its father. I'm not really going to him and tell him to be the father. I just want to get an idea as to who he is."

"And that's dangerous," she said making Dara shake her head. "You don't agree with me?"

"Not at all," Dara laughed. "Curiousity doesn't kill."

"Oh it does," Bom said in a matter of a fact tone after all she got to taste it herself with Mrs. Kwon. Now she has to keep this secret to herself whereas she could have make it easier for her friend. "It kills! Wait..." Bom saw something in Dara's eyes. "You are still going to look for its father, aren't you?"

"Unnie, I'm not looking for him," she said. "I'm just curious."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter