20. Question Mark (?)

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20. Question Mark(?)

--------

a/n: Excuse my lame chapter title. I don't know what to name it but hopoefully you'd get why I chose this title too. Hopefully! lol

--------

 

After the blissful weekend, the two were back to work. Dara insisted of working even though Jiyong had volunteered himself to take all the stress from her. He was getting worried since Dara just finished her first trimester. And as her second is coming, the more exciting it will be but at the same time harder for Dara.

Dara was also aware of the recent changes in her body. Not just her s getting fuller, but other physical aspect in her body. She was well aware how she's gaining weight and she could see it on her body. Jiyong had about her being cutely chubby like her cheeks. Her stomach was also getting bigger which made her rather excited to see it fuller and rounder.

As they both entered the office that morning, eyes were automatically on them just as what they expected to happen. And most of them were all happy, congratulating the couple on the sudden news. Jiyong was more than excited compare to the girl who's actually pregnant.

"Dara," he called. The girl looked away from her computer screen and saw Jiyong confused.

"What?" she asked.

"I can really take over your work," Jiyong said making Dara sigh. "I mean you're probably having a hard time right now."

"Jiyong, I can still see my feet when I'm standing," Dara glared at the guy across from her. "And it's not my legs that works you know, it's all about the brain."

"I know," Jiyong stood up and went directly towards her desk. "But you have to admit work is getting a bit stressful and it's not good for you mommy and the baby."

Dara looked at Jiyong angrily but knowing the guy was right the creases on her forehead disappeared.

"I'm trying not to get all stressed out," Dara uttered innocently.

"Aigooo..." Jiyong smiled. "Fine, but you let me know if it starts to get all stressful for you. I will take over right away!"

"I will," Dara replied. She then looked back on her computer as she hears a ding sound on her laptop and there an email symbol popped out on her screen. She clicked the logo and there a messsage from Jiyong's mother appeared.

From: CEO Kwon Subject: Important Papers

Dara Dear,

I forgot to drop by and give you some important papers to look over. I believe I told my secretary about it, but it seems like he forgot to deliver it to you since you haven't responded to my notes on it. But please do drop by at my office, Secretary Kim should expect you. It's on the Shim-Kwon upcoming project file which I know you are well aware of this project. Please inform Jiyong about this too, since I want him to start looking over at projects so you can have plenty of rest.

Thank you much dear and you take good care of yourself. Don't stress yourself its not good for you and the baby.

Love,

Mama Kwon


Dara bit her lips just seeing how Jiyong's mother talks to her via email. Even though she should be used to it, she still can't grasp the idea of her being close to them. After all, they all began  from just boss-employee relationship. There was nothing behind it, it was all about being professional.

"What's up?" Jiyong asked noticing Dara's worried face.

"Oh nothing," Dara got up from her seat which got Jiyong curious.

"Going somewhere?" he asked.

"I need to go up to your mother...I mean CEO Kwon's office to get important files," she replied.

"I can go get it," Jiyong got up as well.

"Don't worry, I can handle this," she smiled at him. "I need to walk anyway just continue what you're doing. I'll be back in no time."

"Are you sure?" he asked hoping the girl would give in.

"I'm sure," Dara patted the guy's shoulder. "Now if you don't want me to feel stress, then you'd do what I say."

"Fine," Jiyong frowned.

"I'll be back," Dara leaned and gave the guy a kiss on the cheek. "I promise."

"Don't think you'll get me with that kiss," Jiyong teased making the girl giggle. 

"I'll be back appa, promise," Dara planted a kiss on his lips which this time caught the guy off guard. "Now start working so we can get to lunch early."

"Okay!" he exclaimed making Dara laughed. "Now go on and take your time... Be careful too."

"I will," Dara looked at Jiyong one last time before leaving her office.

After her ride from the private elevator, Dara took her time to admire the CEO floor. She love how modern and techy it looked from the halls and into her boss's office. Just before she could enter, Mrs. Kwon's office there she noticed the secretary's desk empty.

"Should I wait?" she whispered. She then glanced at her watch and noticed how time was running. And remembering the piles of work waiting for her, she knew she couldn't waste time. "Well Secretary Kim did expect me, so I guess I can go in... Right?"

She glanced one last time on her watch and seeing a minute passed, Dara then decided to enter.

It wasn't her first to see the CEO's office. Mr. Kwon's and Mrs. Kwon's officed looked  closely identical, the only difference was Mrs. Kwon's had a bit of feminine touch to it whereas Mr. Kwon's office looked like a man's office. She noticed fresh flowers first on her desk which brought smiles on Dara's face. And realizing the time running, she quickly went to it and search for the important papers she needed.

As she sees the dark oak desk Dara took a minute to study Mrs. Kwon's desk. On the far right next to the black, slick phone was the Kwon's family picture. And moving her gaze next to it, Dara noticed the ultrasound Jiyong had given to his parents.

Somehow something inside her felt pained after all to her this was all a lie. Just remembering what she and Jiyong did, didn't make anything better.

Tearing her gaze off of the ultrasound, she then saw a little boy which she knew was Jiyong. Dara smiled seeing a cute little boy who's wearing a sailor outfit matched with a sailor hat. She took the photo and admired it for a bit. Finding the picture cute, she quickly whipped her phone and took a photo of it.

"You were cute back then," Dara brushed her thumb on Jiyong's face. "Too darn cute!"

After admiring the picture, she placed it back and continued her mission. Dara didn't want to mess anything in Mrs. Kwon's desk and so she slowly and carefully looked at each file that were on her desk.

And as she stumbles on the fourth file, her heart stopped for a second seeing what it was.

Suddenly flashes from the hospital crossed her mind remembering the mission she did with Bom. She looked at the file once again and this time it was no mistake. It was what she was looking for. 

Her file from the hospital that was missing was all along with Mrs. Kwon.

Dara's legs suddenly turned jelly and right on time she slowly fell on the leather chair. She looked at the file again and somehow fear grew inside.

This was it... it was the opportunity for her to see who the donor was. It was what she's supposed to be thinking off, but that's not what's bugging her.

It was the fact that Jiyong's mother knew how Dara got pregnant.

"Oh god," Dara uttered nervously.

Dara then leaned over the desk, her hand shaking as she slowly reached for the file.

And just when she's about to grab it, Mrs. Kwon's door opened making her jump a bit.

"There you are," Secretary Kim entered. "I brought the files down to your office, I remember you're pregnant. But I see you came up anyway."

"Oh," Dara nervously laugh and quickly she stood up. "I guess I should have called you first to tell you I'm coming up."

"It's my fault too Ms. Park," the old man laughed. "Well the files are with Jiyong, and he told me to let you know that you should take it easy... whatever he meant by it."

"He's just paranoid Secretary Kim," Dara laughed again but it was stiff like the first. "But thank you for delivering it, I also needed the exercise after all I'm gaining weight."

"Which fits you well Ms. Park," the guy complimented. "You look blooming."

"Thank you Secretary Kim," Dara shyly smiled. "Well I shall head back."

"Take it easy okay?" he said earning a nod from Dara.

Once Dara was out of the CEO floors, her mind went right back on the files she found on Mrs. Kwon's desk. A part of her grew worried. But then a part of her also grew curious as to why Jiyong's mother hasn't confronted her about it.

"She's not mean like those mother's in books or dramas...right?" Dara murmured. "Where they'll suddenly surprise you."

Dara bit her lips, confused to what to think.

"But she's not like that..." Dara went on. "Not like that at all."

"Are you okay?" she didn't even realized she made it back to her office.

"Oh yea," Dara looked at Jiyong assuringly. "Where's the file?"

"It's right here!" Jiyong waved the folder. "I guess Secretary Kim had chosen to drop it."

"Yea, he found me looking for it in your mother's office," Dara explained earning a nod from the guy. "Well that was a good exercise at least."

"Is it?" he looked at her playfully. "You still have this," he gently pinched Dara's left cheek.

The smile on Dara's face falter which made the guy stiff.

"Look Kwon, I know I'm gaining weight," she started and this scared Jiyong. "But you don't have to be an and point that out! Don't you think I know that by now! I mean look at this!" Dara got up and pointed at her belly, "I look like I swallowed a melon."

"I think its cute," Jiyong gently patted Dara's belly. "I mean little peach is growing well inside there. It makes me jealous."

"Why?" she looked at him funnily.

"I don't know...I think little peach is very comfortable in there," he happily uttered. "Little peach is in there resting in a soft mattress. Like this one..."

Dara smacked Jiyong right on the back of the head after what the guy had done.

"Never ever," Dara looked at him threateningly. "I mean ever...pinch my side again!"

"Babe, I was just teasing!" Jiyong chuckled but the anger in Dara's face didn't change.

"It's not like you're not gaining weight too," Dara pinched the fat under Jiyong's chin. "See that! And you're not even pregnant!"

"Right..." Jiyong pulled away from Dara's hold.

"But I think it's cute too," she uttered sweetly making the guy smile.

"Now let's start this," Jiyong showed Dara the file. "So we can eat lunch. I know you're hungry... because I am!"

"Yea...yea... use me as an excuse!" Dara laughed.

---

Bom looked at Top annoyingly as the guy kept laughing. After telling the guy what had happened to Dara and Jiyong, the guy just went on laugh spree. At first Bom found it amusing, but as the guy's laugh started to bug her she was more annoyed.

"Are you done?" Bom asked. "Because I have far more important things to do than listen to you la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter