16. Best Actress

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16. Best Actress

-----

A/N: Hope you all had a good weekend! I'm so Happy! :)

-----

 

The room had suddenly quiet down as Jiyong made such announcement. The look on Dara's face was priceless while Jiyong's parents looked at him like their son was on crack. The way Jiyong smiled made them question if he was okay or would they need to send him in a mental institution.

 

"I...wait what?" Dara turned looking at Jiyong. She heard what Jiyong had said, but she had to get confirmation.

 

"Jiyong, did we hear that right?" his father asked. "You and Dara are expecting."

 

"Yes!" Jiyong then pulled out a copy of the ultrasound image that Dara had given to him earlier. "There's our little peach."

 

Mrs. Kwon's eyes glistened as she sees the image in her son's hand. She quickly reached for it and looked at it like it was a newly released Michael Kors bag. On her side, Mr. Kwon looked at her scared, like his wife was possessed by some kind of a evil/crazy spirit.

 

"Is it a girl or a boy?" they heard Mrs. Kwon uttered happily.

 

"Yeobo," her husband uttered taking her attention off of the image for a second. "Aren't we going to talk about these two first. I mean this is an important matter to discuss."

 

"Oh nonsense," Mrs. Kwon returned her gaze towards the beautiful image. The lady looked like she was worshipping some kind of god in such photo.

 

"We don't know yet," Jiyong answered. "In Dara's next appointment the doctor said we'll see it. For now little peach is being a mystery, like his father!"

 

Dara tightly held on her table napkin pretending it was Jiyong's neck she was strangling. If his parents weren't there Jiyong would have probably died right there in any seconds now.

 

"Let's have your mother have her moment," Mr. Kwon said diverting the topic back to the so called couple. "So when did this happen? And why was I not told about this? You do know how I feel so left out?!"

 

"Actually..." Dara glared at Jiyong first before turning her attention back to her boss. "If you would excuse Jiyong and I," she tried to calmly utter before she can fire her guns at the guy next to her who was rather cheerful. It angers her more that the guy didn't even get her threat. Kwon Jiyong, you better hope you have your last will and testament ready because I will make sure you'll never see the sun again! "I would like to have some hopefully descent conversation with him in private."

 

"Is something wrong?" Mrs. Kwon asked. She looked at the two worried, but the image in her hand would always bring her back to her joyful self.

 

"No...not all Aunty," Dara got up earning a huge smile from the lady. "But right now...I'd like to pull Jiyong away from this table for a bit before I attempt on shoving this hard breadsticks down his throat," she tried to utter as calmly as she could but failed to do so. "Now if you'd excuse us...we'll be right back."

 

Dara then grabbed Jiyong by the ear and pulled the guy off of his chair earning another round of attention. The two old Kwons watched the two leave in such way which didn't bother them at all. They found the two actually amusing and entertaining.

 

"You know Dara reminds me a lot of you Eunhye-ah," Mr. Kwon mumbled. "I remembered when we first dated, boy were you aggressive."

 

"Do you see this fork on my right side Yoochun-ah?" she asked with those evil piercing eyes of hers. "I'm near in poking your eyes with it. So shall we try not to comment on anything about me."

 

"See!" he looked at her scared.

 

Once the two disappeared, Mr. Kwon studied his wife. He could feel something odd about her and for sure it's not something he'd let it slip.

 

"You know," he started and at the same time studied her. "If Cate Blanchette didn't win the best actress award at the Oscars this year, I bet you'd win it."

 

"And what is that supposed to mean?!" she looked at her husband offended.

 

"Let's be honest here yeobo," he looked at her knowingly. "We've been married for more than thirty years. And within those thirty years which I am thankful for," he added hoping not get any whipping from his wife after dinner. "I know when you're hiding something."

 

"Me?" she gasped pretending to be shock. "Hiding something?! How can you say such thing to me yeobo! That is! That is unacceptable!"

 

"Ah! See that's what I'm talking about!" Mr. Kwon chuckled. "Spill it before I talk to those two myself."

 

"You will not get between those two!" she warned. Her worried eyes turned into one of those deadly glares. "Look Yoochun, I have nothing to tell you. Can't you at least be happy for our son! I mean he's finally settling down."

 

She studied her husband and eyes suddenly widens.

 

"Ah! You're one of those villains in films or books!" Mrs. Kwon exclaimed.

 

"What do you mean by that?" he looked at her confused.

 

"You have something against Dara!" she explained like it was a fact. "You're going to be one of those evil parent who'll separate love birds! You'll do anything to separate them huh?!"

 

"What nonsense are you talking about?!" Mr. Kwon felt offended this time.

 

"You'd make their love story hard and miserable," she frowned and tried not to tear up. Mr. Kwon looked at her like indeed she was a good actress or even possessed.

 

"Look Eunhye-ah I like Sandara for our son," he said sincerely and this eased the crease on Mrs. Kwon's forehead. "And what are you talking about me separating those two! I have no intention of getting into my son's love life. He's old enough to make his own decision."

 

"What do you mean by that?" she felt something in Mr. Kwon's words.

 

"I'm just saying I will not get into my son's business," he explained it as simple as he could. "Yeobo, I've known you since we were young, I know when you want something especially for Jiyong. But please try not to get into his personal space and life. Let him be. Let him do what he wants to do."

 

"I am not doing anything," she looked away from his gaze. "I'm just being the caring mother, is that a crime?"

 

"No its not," he smiled. "But admit it, you'll have to make him decide on his own."

 

"Well, I'm glad he's taking responsibility of his actions," Mrs. Kwon said. "Like you said he's old enough and I'm not planning on getting in his business."

 

"You still won't tell me huh?" Mr. Kwon asked hoping he'd crack her up to spill it.

 

"I told you I know nothing," she insisted in the same alibi.

 

"And so I give you the oscar award for the best actress!" her husband grabbed his wine glass and pretended to give her a toast.

 

"You just do what you have to do," Mrs. Kwon wickedly smiled. "And I'll do mine. I'll update you when it's final."

 

"And this is why I married you," the man chuckled earning another smile from his wife.

 

.

 

Once the two were in a secluded place, Dara had let go of Jiyong's ear. The guy quickly rubbed the pained part of his ear hoping to ease the pain.

 

"Good god woman!" Jiyong whined. "We can't really last a day without hurting me!"

 

"What the hell was that?!" Dara ignored Jiyong's pained face. "What the are you doing?!"

 

"Language Dara," Jiyong whispered.

 

"I don't give a about my language!" Dara spat bitterly. "You see that woman who's cutting her steak with that knife," Dara pointed at a woman who's overly done with plastic surgery. "I am so close in grabbing that knife from her and just stab you endlessly here until all your blood are drained out!!!" she then started hitting the guy in his chest. "You are so out of your ing mind!"

 

"Stop!" Jiyong grabbed her hands. "May I remind you, you are pregnant! So stop before you hurt yourself."

 

"Jiyong, we'll go back there," she glared at him hard. "And you'll take back what you just said to your parents."

 

"Nope," he shook his head.

 

"What do you mean nope?!" Dara tried releasing her hands from his hold.

 

"I am not taking back what I said," Jiyong intently looked at her. "Look, you were worried about your reputation...especially to my parents so I did what I thought would help you."

 

"!" Dara tried kneeing him but the guy held her still.

 

"For crying out loud Dara just stop being violent," he pleaded. "You.Are.Pregnant!"

 

When Dara calmed a bit Jiyong had released her hands. He then looked at her but the girl tried to ignore his eyes.

 

"Would you at least look at me?" Jiyong murmured.

 

"I'm not looking at you," Dara replied. "I can't even look at you right now."

 

"Dara," he sighed. "I am trying to help you."

 

"Help?" she finally turned but instead of looking sad, she was angry at the guy. "How is this helping me? I want to come clean Jiyong! And not have another lie to tell! But noooooo you go and spilling a huge white lie! How is that suppose to help me?!"

 

"I'm sorry," Jiyong whispered.

 

"Don't even say sorry when you don't mean it," Dara shook her head.

 

"You know what," he chuckled surprising the girl. "You're right! I am NOT sorry. AT ALL. You know why?"

 

When Dara didn't say anything, he pulled her close to him cupping her face so she can look at him.

 

"Because I want to keep you," Jiyong sweetly murmured. "It maybe a selfish move to you, but I am doing this because I want you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter