Female Staff Interviews

℘αɴɗεʍσɴأʋʍ: new boy group | predebut training
 

boy

 

pandemonium

 

group

 

Beginning

Information

Members

Chosen Characters

Staff

Other Characters

Discography

Albums & Songs

Female Staff Members' Interviews

 
 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Yoonae: Yoonae came into the room speaking on her cell phone to her husband, instructing him in clear and concise words how to take care of their young son for a few minutes as she excused herself with a polite smile. Her voice was bell-like, ringing out smoothly and clearly across the room as she inspected the brown seat with a critical eye before settling herself down, making sure to brush down her stylish skirt. After she carefully placed her phone away and apologized, she then asked the interviewer politely to speak up, and smiled in a gentle way at the younger woman. “I once worked in the acting industry, teaching young actors and actresses how to enunciate clearly and speak in such a way that made them easy to understand. I had worked with Choi Nayoung before, and counted her as one of my friends. So when her husband, Yongwon, contacted me and asked if I would consider this position, I was naturally quite thrilled.” As she spoke, Yoonae's voice seemed to hold the others captive, wrapping a gentle spell around them with the soothing lullaby of her voice. She had to clear to get the interviewer to ask the next question, but she assured the apologizing woman that she was perfectly fine - since it was something she was used to.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Yoonae: The vocal instructor seemed to consider the question for a moment before answering with a politely aware response, “I believe that despite the fact that BossX has yet to spread their roots, the company is well equipped and can handle themselves. Although Yongwon-ssi is quite new to the entertainment business, it cannot be denied that he is an innovative and intelligent business man. He has made sure to provide his employees and trainees with the tools needed to succeed.” The interviewer simply blinked afterwards, noticing an uncomfortable trend with Yoonae. The woman spoke in such a refined, sophisticated manner that it made her incredibly difficult to understand - not to mention that it made everyone else in the room feel a bit coarse in manners. Was she intentionally dodging questions, or was this just the way she spoke?

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Yoonae: “They're wonderful,” Yoonae smiled broadly as she answered, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ears. Despite having a young son already, the woman was incredibly well put together, even better than how most people looked. She knew exactly how to compliment her fair skin and willowy body with her clothing, looking like a model that stepped straight out of a magazine. “Each of the young men brings something new with them to the table, but they also bring challenges. For example, many of them have accents that we're working to change. Although they're sometimes,” Yoonae paused, searching for the correct term to use, “Grumpy, they're wonderful overall.”

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Yoonae: “Well,” Yoonae now smiled mischievously, which looked remarkably out of place on her refined features as she lightly responded, “I usually start my day packing them lunches. I know that Youngwoo-ssi would be quite livid if he found out about this, but they always come to vocal practice looking so miserable and upset that all they had for breakfast is protein shakes,” as she shakes her head and tuts quietly. “Who in the world expects those poor boys to do all that hard work with only some special chocolate milk to fill their bellies? They need real food.” Yoonae's convincing expression and tone making for the interviewer to nod sympathetically along. “The boys usually arrive at vocal practice at about 6:45 in the morning, if they're having a good day and woke up on time. Most days, they arrive at about seven. From there, we usually warm up our voices while doing stretches, since they probably didn't have time to stretch on the way in. If everything runs smoothly, each of the six gets about a half an hour of one on one training, and then we wrap up a session with group activities,” Yoonae took a deep breath after her long-winded explanation, recomposed herself, and smiled.

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Yoonae: The vocal coach checked her wrist watch absentmindedly and sighed silently; she was a very strictly scheduled woman, and this interview was going on a bit longer than she intended. “Of course I hope to help the ones with accents speak more clearly. For the boys who are not as strong in singing, I hope to help them find their voices. Of course not all of them will one day be opera singers, but my hope is that they all leave this experience multi-talented.”

How do you get the members to develop their voices?

Yoonae: Now Yoonae fidgeted as she was visibly becoming impatient with the interview. But of course, she was too polite to actually say anything, and continued on with the same cheer and sophistication as she began with. “Well, it's a series of exercises mainly. The first task is to find their vocal range. Some of the members have the capacity to hit higher notes and sing louder, such as Haneul as the main power vocal to hold the entire group together as a continuous whole and Taechul as the lead vocals to confidently and lead the other voices in. Other members have deep voices instead and tend to sing a bit quieter, for example with Haeyeon who is meant to layer over the song with the special inviting voice to draw the listener to and the rappers to punctuate and decorate the song. After we've found their vocal range and what kind of voices they have, we usually practice keeping steady tones and holding notes so that they don't accidently crack in the middle of a song. I also consider it my job to make sure they're keeping their throat healthy and protected, so I often send cough drops and honey along home with them since they probably wouldn't take the medicine themselves.”

How is caring for Pandemonium different or the same as caring for your son?

Yoonae: “Actually, I really have to be picking my son up soon, actually,” she suddenly said, nodding in apology as now Yoonae spoke much faster and much less refined this time as she was determined to finish the interview in time. “Of course, these boys are much older than my son and you'd think that would mean they know how to take care of themselves. But they still need someone to look out for them and make sure they're eating properly. I don't trust Youngwoo to make sure they're eating properly if he's going to be giving them chocolate milk for breakfast,” she actually seemed a bit irritated with the nutritionist when she concluded the interview with a smile, practically dashing out of the door.

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Boyoung: Surprisingly, Boyoung was the most casually dressed for the interview in a mere sweater and pair of jeans that hugged her long legs like a second skin as she settled herself into her chair with a light bounce in her steps and shook her hair out of the constraining ponytail it had been set in. “Well,” she mused thoughtfully at first, as if she couldn't quite remember. “I worked with YG before moving to BossX. And while it was a wonderful experience there and I wouldn't trade the things I learned for anything in the world, I wanted to work somewhere that was less established. I wanted to feel like I was actually making a difference, and not just one in a large team.” With her answer, Boyoung seemed to pleasantly surprise the interviewer with her honesty. The other staff members had, for the most part, been carefully dodging questions while Boyoung, the Public Relations head herself, was being very candid in comparison.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Boyoung: Of course, Boyoung had been prepared for all the questions they would ask as she had known in advance that there would be somewhat uncomfortable questions, like the one they had just asked. “There are challenges,” she spoke lightly like she was chewing on something very delicious,, the twisting of her lips seeming as if she had more to say. “But I'm sure I don't want to bore you with reiterating what my colleagues have probably already said a thousand times. It's not any more difficult working here than it is working at a large company.” It wasn't true, of course since a large company can almost guarantee the success of their idol, because they're practically a brand name. But she knew even better this wasn't the time to show weakness, which was why she simply laughed quietly after with a charming and bright smile.

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Boyoung: Now Boyoung's smile was almost flirtatious as she laughed again, a peal of polite joy, “Oh they're just adorable! Any noona's dream, honestly. They're cute, goofy, charming; need I go on? Mainly, I just make sure they know how to maintain their images. Now, if they were bad kids, my job would be pretty hard,” Boyoung spoke animatedly and in a bright voice, her back pressed firmly against seat as she ran her hands through her hair. One might assume it was a nervous habit of hers but really, she just liked how soft her hair felt as she had bought a new shampoo and- well, that's irrelevant. Boyoung was anything but nervous as she crossed her legs delicately and continued on, “But they're really great kids, and they make my job incredibly easy.”

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Boyoung: “I don't work with them every day, actually,” she corrected smoothly, her face a mask of beauty and confidence as she apologetically explained, “I usually only see them a few times a week, sadly,” as she pouted, a genuine gesture on her part. She really did like the kids, and found them an entertaining group of young men, each with their special charms and quirks that made them who they were, “But when I do see them, I only see one or two at a time and it's usually to discuss upcoming events and solo activities. Often, the boys have their own stuff to do that has nothing to do with the group, but they have to remember their manners and to promote the group when they're working on their own. Which is most of my job, simply to get them to remember to always think of the group too.”

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Boyoung: Boyoung's nose wrinkled up when she smiled, something that often happened since she had such a broad and dazzling grin that made anyone feel comfortable around her. “Oh,” she said playfully, “They hardly need my help. They have so many natural charms, I hardly have anything to do to help them. Makes me feel pretty sad, because I'd love to spend more time with them,” she complained quietly, pouting cutely for the camera again. Boyoung was a wonderful Public Relations worker of course, knowing exactly how to talk up the Pandemonium boys and make them sound about a thousand times better than they actually were.

How is it working with members who are already famous?

Boyoung: “Fantastic, all of the work is already done for me,” she answered promptly, with practiced ease as she nodded happily, “They're very appealing young men, aren't they? You've seen their teasers, right?” As if out of nowhere, she then pulled out a photo book with pictures of all the members, opening it up to show them off briefly as a teaser - not too much of course, just a few pictures flipped here and there. “They're handsome, don't you think? And they're already famous...” she trailed off with a gentle sigh, snapping the photo book shut. “It's like my entire job is done for me.”

Why are you considered the "y auntie"?

Boyoung: The Public Relations manager now laughed sharply, as if she hadn't expected that question as she ran a hand through her hair, her eyes shining brightly in amusement. “Did the boys ask you to ask me that? I told them to call me auntie when we first met, because I wanted them to feel close to me and know that I'm here to take care of them,” she chirped back cheerfully, the only ones not knowing that she wasn't being honest was the interviewer and the camera crew in the room, of course. Boyoung had pouted when she found out they called her auntie, since she said it made her sound old, so to make her feel better, they had started calling her the y auntie. “It's more of an inside joke than anything.”

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Jiyun: “U-um,” Jiyun stares down at her hands as she twiddles her thumbs awkwardly. For some reason, she was there even earlier than anyone had come into the room after the break, just sitting there in what seemed like a daze before the interviewer had awkwardly cleared and asked the question. “J-Jisunnie a-applied f-for me.” She seemed incredibly meek though, almost afraid of the interviewing woman though there seemed to be an awkward aura of how she kept looking around suspiciously at everyone else in the room that she didn't know.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Jiyun: Jiyun now took a sip of her water, not really sure how to answer the question as she murmured something quietly, “N-not really. The boys are so handsome, and their skin is really soft and clean...” she trailed off, her eyes glazing over as she daydreamed about the smooth skin of the handsome young men she was tasked with applying makeup to. “P-Plus, since they're a small company, the staff is really small and,” she took another sip of water, “It means that no other girl is touching their faces. It makes me feel special. I like it... A lot.”

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Jiyun: “It's perfect. They're perfect,” she mumbled again, staring out of the window with a dreamy sigh before the interviewer had to ask her to clarify, but she didn't seem to hear the woman until she asked for the third time. “Oh, they've got such perfect skin, and perfect faces, and perfect smiles, and their hair is so soft...” she sighed out again before returning to staring off into space.

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Jiyun: “Oh,” she blushed now, a light pink spreading across her cheeks, “I don't get to see them every day. B-But when they have solo activities or do group activities, I get to be the head of the make up coordination. Which means I get to be the one that does everyone's makeup, and touch their soft skin...” she trailed off again, back into her dreamland of touching the boys soft, perfect skin. The interviewer seemed to feel incredibly awkward in her presence as she coughed and cleared again before moving on, trying not to judge the girl too much.

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Jiyun: “Oh, they don't know this, but I switched all their products recently,” she said, smiling shyly and batting her perfect eyelashes. “I personally picked out new skin products for them and put them in the bathroom while they were out. They have really clear skin though.” She seemed quite proud of herself, though the interviewer really only heard that she had broken into their dorm while they were gone as she could only really wonder if the creepy coordinator had gone through their stuff. But judging by the creepy little smile she was sporting, the interviewer was sure she had.

Do you have a special way to apply makeup for the members of Pandemonium?

Jiyun: Jiyun now cocked her head slightly to a side, for a moment actually looking quite cute and harmless. “Oh, of course I do! I like to massage the bb cream in gently and slowly,” she paused and blushed again at the thought of touching them, letting out a soft sigh of desire, “O-Of course it covers up their skin better that way. I like to apply the eyeliner very slowly, and look deeply into their eyes... Since I, um, it helps me determine how m-much to use.”

What tips do you have to make facial features look flawless?

Jiyun: For once, Jiyun didn't look completely awkward and uncomfortable as the light in her eyes brightened and she seemed completely focused on the question instead of half day-dreaming about the boys, “Use darker cover-up on the sides of your face to make it look more trim, while carefully highlighting the balls of your cheek and chin with a lighter color. Use the darker color on the sides of your nose to make it seem more trim. Blend carefully, and apply a glitter to the cheeks to make them shine,” she then paused, seemingly to think for a moment. “It's also important to wash your face often, and never go to bed with makeup on because it clogs your pores and makes them bigger. A good way to shrink your pores, however, is lemon juice, and-” the interviewer cut her off politely, informing the suddenly chatty young woman that they were out of time. And almost instantly, Jiyun reverted to her awkward self; blushing and bowing excessively before shuffling out of the room.

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Jisun: Jisun was the more confident of the twins as she burst through the doors almost immediately after her twin had left the room quietly. In fact, she seemed incredibly sure of herself as she pranced into the interview room and plopped down into the brown chair with a grin. “I've always known I was going to marry an idol one day, it was just a matter of time. I mean,” she gestured to herself grandly, “Look at me. I'm gorgeous, right? Well, I figured the best way to make my destiny happen was to get a job in an idol company. So, here I am,” with her voice cheerful, but her words were steely and unquestionable. The interviewer fidgeted uncomfortably at the answer, wondering how the twins could possibly be so... Odd.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Jisun: “No,” she answered instantly, blinking at the interviewer as if she was a bit confused. “Why would it be? They're idols. And I'm their coordinoona. They're already good looking, they just need a little help from my infallible sense in fashion and voila! They're absolute, drool worthy perfection!” Jisun didn't seem to understand the question, but that was alright since she sort of answered the question, and the interviewer really wanted to wrap this up quickly.

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Jisun: “They resist my love a lot,” she complained quietly as she frowned deeply. “Like, they'll pretend they feel uncomfortable when I readjust their belts and accidentally brush my hands against their, you know,” she paused for dramatics, grinning mischievously at the interviewer before giggling quietly, “But they like it. I can tell." She seemed quite certain of her answer as she leaned back in the chair comfortably, smiling contentedly with a slightly discerning glimmer in her eyes, “Eventually, they'll warm up to me. One of them will. They can't deny their feelings forever. We're meant to be together.”

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Jisun: “Oh, you know,” the outfit coordinator twirled some of her hair around her finger as she explained gaily, “We all meet up before important events. If they aren't getting their makeup done first, they come to me and we put together an outfit. They really, really love taking off their clothes in front of me, but they pretend not to. You know, by asking me to leave the room?” she laughed confidently, as if the idea is absurd. “They're so cute, thinking they can trick me. Anyway, then they blush and try to hide behind each other while changing, and then they complain when the outfit is too revealing,” Now her eyes hardened a little, and a frown tugged at her lips as she tossed her head. “But when I say they wear something, they wear it.”

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Jisun: “They don't need improved. How dare you ask that. My husba-uh, the boys are perfect already. Everything about them... From their cute little birthmarks, to the adorable way they turn red when they change in front of me. Really, the only thing I can do is keep picking perfect outfits for them!” She then smiled a razor sharp smile before enunciating so clearly that it nearly sent a shiver down the interviewer's back, “They don't need improved.”

How do you determine what outfits which members wear?

Jisun: Jisun seemed to ponder this for a moment, resting her chin in her hand as she thought about dressing up the boys of Pandemonium. Her eyes glazed over as she thought about their bodies, and a bit of drool seemed to form at the right side of her lip; the interviewer couldn't help but think that was a bit of a disturbing sight. “It really depends on the boy. Taechul and Haeyeon have those delectable, delicious chocolate abs that you can't help but want to reach out and-” Suddenly, she cut herself off, catching herself before she said something too weird. “Ah, so it's best to show off their bodies the most since they are the main dancers and need to be in the front. Then we have Haneullie, who is so adorable you just want to... Well, usually I pick out outfits that make him seem taller and more masculine. Jinsung really hates skinny jeans, but he has such a plump little and nice curvy thighs that you can't help but want to show it off! So he always wears skinny jeans and short shirts, so that when he lifts his arms his cute little tummy shows. Kyugeum is so adorable and tall and sweet and cute... Unf, he looks good in everything! But I really like to show off his long, y legs the most. I also think he's the most androgynous, so he tends to have the more feminine outfits because he's... So... Beautiful...” she paused for a moment, eyes far off in the distance as she thought of the beautiful Kyugeum. “Sangjeon is pretty thin for his height, so I dress him up in baggier clothes so he doesn't look quite as thin. The main rapper has to be looking fierce!”

What is Pandemonium's fashion style?

Jisun: Now Jisun's eyes seemed to twinkle with hidden secrets and agendas as she giggled quietly. “You'll have to wait until their debut to find out!” she cooed softly, tutting and standing up with a flourish, “Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some shopping to do~!” before she proudly strutted out of the room, leaving the rest of the people stunned.

 
 
 

 

Ufufufufu, we really had way too much fun doing these interviews. Anywaysss, the first chapter should be up either tomorrow or wednesday, so expect that! Would you like to have the discography page out first or the chapter page?

Creative Commons License

This theme by Nefelibata Themes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Theft will be taken seriously, do not take snippets of the code without permission.