Chapter 2

Pursuing My Mademoiselle

Yuri's P.O.V.

February 14.

I stared at the circled date in my calendar. 

Another day of pretending.

I looked in my reflection in the mirror and made sure that I look good and proper before going out of my room. With my black wedges, I walked downstairs and hoped that everything will turn out fine today. There, I see Wu Yifan, smiling as if he has nothing to hide about.

He carefully accompanied me to his car as he bowed to my father and bid goodbye. 

" Just drop me to the nearest cafe' in my office. I think my body needs some latte for today." I coldly said as I focused my gaze at the documents I was reading on my iPad. " I'll just tell appa that we spent the whole day together."

I waited for him to reply but it was a fail. All I can hear was the pleasant voice of Bruno Mars singing "It Will Rain" on his music player. We have always been like this since the start of our arranged relationship. We act so sweet in front of our family and in front of the media, But when the two of us are alone, we act like we don't know each other - like strangers.

"Yuri.." He said slowly after a long moment of silence. "Have you recieved an invitation?"

"Eh? What Invitation?"

"Yixing's Wedding Invitation. Have you recieved it?"

My eyes started to become teary as my vision started to become a blur as soon as he revealed the name of the owner of invitation. I felt like something stabbed me in the heart so hard. He's getting married. The only man I loved is now getting married and here I am, stucked in this fake relationship just to make other people happy. I looked away and shooked my head slowly, trying to hide my watery eyes . It's the only thing that I can do right now.

"You still love him, don't you?" Yifan asked with that cold voice of his.

I remained silent as I remember my memories with him.

Yes, I did fall in love once. His name was Zhang Yixing. But he prefers to be called Lay in an unexplainable reason. I first met him when we were both in junior high. I can still remember how he approached me and asked me if I liked dancing too since he saw me dancing alone in our school's dance studio. I lied to him and said no, saying that the girl he saw was a different girl and not me. But despite of my handful of lies, he kept on arguing that he was sure that it was me and he said he wants me to teach him those dance steps too. 

And since that day on, a deep friendship was built.

Everyday after classes, we always meet up in the dance studio and dance to whatever new steps I have learned. He was so eager to learn and he's fun to be with too. We always talk about random stuffs while we're eating lunch and he always make sure that he can make me smile every minute when I'm with him. It was one of the million reasons why I fell with tall brunette.

But because my family had their eyes and ears all around me, they found out about this. They scared him away and gave him a big amount of money, saying that he needs to stay away from me. Since Yixing's family is not really that wealthy, he accepted the offer and the next thing I knew, he already transferred school and he's no where to be found in their old house.

"No. I don't love him anymore." I answered with a low voice and placed my iPad inside my little handbag before turning to him with a small smile on my face, trying to keep myself from bursting into tears. "Send them my regards okay?"

"Mmm." He just nodded to me in reply and stopped in front of the cafe' I was telling him a while ago. "We're here."

"Thanks.." With a tight grip on my handbag, I got out of the car slowly and carefully. I looked at him as he waved goodbye and as soon as he drove away, I felt like my knees became numb. Tears uncontrollably run down my cheeks as his question kept on echoing in my head.

You still love him, don't you?

Of course I do. but what can I do? I can't stop him anymore. He's in love with another girl now. There's nothing I can do to change his decision. He didn't even bother to give me his invitation. I guess he hates me. I guess he wants to stay away from me. After all, I am Kwon Yuri, Yuwon Group's "Black Pearl", the person everyone's afraid with, and of course, a girl who only lives to fulfill other people's desire and to be a puppet of the chaebols in our family. 

Can't I be happy even just for once? I deserve to be happy even for just once right?

My knees were shaking as I sat on the nearest bench and continued on crying my heart out. It has been a while since I cried, and goodness, people are starting to look at me strangely but I can't care less. Aren't I allowed to cry even for just now? I'm also a human. I'm not made of steel, but I'm made of flesh. I can be hurt too.

"Miss, are you okay?" Someone tapped my shoulders and caught my attention. "I think you'll need this." The lovely girl smiled as she handed me a white handkerchief.

 

----

 

Seohyun's P.O.V.

February 14.

It was such a beautiful day. Everyone seems to be happy and you can see couples everywhere. I couldn't help but imagine if my parents were as sweet as them when they were still alive. Umma said my parents loved each other. Even though many are against their marriage, they fought for their love. I guess even death can't set them apart.

I was about to get inside the gift shop (I'm gonna buy something for my JoonPa~ keke) when someone caught my attention.

It was a beautiful girl, around my age.  And she was crying hard.

"Miss, are you okay?" I tapped her shoulders. As soon as I met her eyes, I smiled a bit and offered her my handkerchief. "I think you'll need this."

"Uh thanks..." She replied and reached out her hand to accept the hanky. Her voice was shaky and her eyes were very puffy. It was evident that she had been crying for a long time. "I'll.. just pay you--"

"Pay?" I chuckled at her in disbelief. I never knew people like her still do exist. "No need.. I have lots of them.. you can have it.."

She then pulled out a mirror on her handbag and looked at her reflection. "What a mess." I heard her complaining to herself as she started wiping and cleaning her face, then she applied some make up carefully. It amazed me how she handled to make herself look good effortlessly - it would take me countless years just to apply heavy make up. She looked so elegant, so proffessional, so.. rich?

"Why were you crying a while ago?" I asked as I sat beside her. She seemed so perfect - yet she seemed so broken too. She's like an expensive vase with a hidden crack behind it. Like a crumpled paper. I felt sad for her as I look at her dull expression. 

I don't know her. She was a complete stranger. But I felt like - we're somewhat attached.

"Things.." She answered coldly, not even bothering to look at me. She just mingled with her phone and acted as if nothing happened a while ago. "It's not that important."

Not important.

I really doubt. If it wasn't important,  why would she cry for it? She's like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces. I couldn't understand her. We spoke the same language yet it felt like there was a big barrier. "You won't cry if it wasn't important."

"Then, it's none of your bussiness."

Her answer made me a bit annoyed. "Hey, I was just trying to--"

"Help?" She smirked. "No one asked for it. You won't understand it so better go mind your own problems cause I know you've got a lot of them too. You don't know me okay? So stop acting like you know everything."

"Yaah! You don't need to--" before I could even finish speaking, I heard someone call me from afar.

"Joohyun-aah!" It was JoonPa, waving at me. "Let's go home! Umma's waiting.."

Aiish, Wrong timing. "JoonPa, wait a minute!" I answered back before turning at the sophisticated lady who doesn't seem interested about the things happening around her.

I look at her with pity in my eyes. Yes, she might be arrogant - but there's someone inside her. Someone different. Someone hidden. I know, i just know. 

"You know what? I don'tknow the reason why you're crying. I don't know your past or even your name. But all I know is that many things happen for a reason. Happiness, you'll find it in the smallest things if you only wish for it. If you only appreciate it."

I left her a lollipop beside her before running to JoonPa.

"Who's that?" he eyed the girl in the bench.

"Some girl." I answered. "JoonPa, cook for me today!" I blurted and giggled.

"Aigoo... what do you want to eat?"

"Anything~" I chuckled..

"Okay then.." He then pulled me along with him.

I looked at the girl for the last time. 

 

I wish I could help her. I wish I could understand her.

 

----

AAAAHH~ it took me a long time to update TT-TT

mian~ many things came up.. i rarely find time for me to use the pc.

I hope you liked this though <3