Chapter 1

Pursuing My Mademoiselle

Yuri's P.O.V.

 

I suppose you already know me. If not, then let me introduce myself. My name is Kwon yuri, twenty-three, and the daughter of Kwon Shiwon, the owner of the 7th biggest company in South Korea - Yuwon Group.

I graduated in college in the age of seventeen, and had been a stockholder in the age of eighteen. I had been running my own resort and hotels for five years now and at the top of that, I'm the director of my father's company.

You must be thinking how I managed to handle all of these things at such a ver young age, right? Well, my father molded me to be his perfect heiress, saying that I must not show my emotions and feelings with anyone - especially to our family's bussiness competitors, since these people might take advantage of my feelings and use it against me, and I wouldn't like that. In short, I must not show my weakness in front of others.

Lots of people hate me and I am very much aware of that. It's nothing new to me. All those statements like "She is pure evil" and other stuffs like that doesn't affect me anymore. I am used in hearing those. After all, I'm KWON YURI - Yuwon group's "Black Pearl."

"Unnie, you're home! I cooked food for you!" A girl with long curly hair greeted my cheerfully as she looked at me with glee.

I stared at her coldly, examining her from head to toe. Who is she? I'm afraid to say that she is the daughter of my father's mistress, hence, my stepsister - Im Yoona.

"Who gave you the permission to call me 'unnie', huh?" I glared at her with anger in my eyes as I clenched my fist. I hate her. VERY MUCH. She's one of the reasons why I consider my life as a living hell. It's just hard to accept the fact that she was born because of love and I wasn't.

Since I was a kid, I'm already aware that my father married my mother not because of their personal feelings for each other - but because of ther families. My grandparents were good friends so they agreed that their kids should marry so that their families could become wealthier and so that their companies could merge. Being a total puppet, my parents never had the chance to disagree with the agreement. And because of that, Yuwon group was born.

What made it worse is that my mother is completely aware with my father's commitment with another woman. She knows everything about my father's secrets. She knows he has a daughter from the other woman. Everyone knows - even my father's secretary knows - except me, up until she showed up in our house and said that her mother died so my father chose to let her stay in our house. I wouldn't even be surprised if one day, another girl will pop-up and claim me to be her step sister. 

They ruined my life. I hate my father. I hate my mother. I hate Yoona. I hate them all.

"I..I'm sorry Yuri-ssi. I... I was just thinking -"

"I will never accept you as my sister."

I turned away from her but before I could even walk away, her question stopped me. "What can I do to make you satisfied?"

I smirked as I faced her. "Get. Out. Of. This. House." I then rolled my eyes as i dragged my feet and walked pass through her. Even though how hard she tries, even if she's the kindest sister in the world, I will never accept her.

"Oh, my daughter, you're home.." My father greeted me with a big smile as soon as I reached the living room. How fake, I said to myself. Of course, he's with Wu Yifan, the son of Wu Guozhi - the owner of Chao Co., one of the largest companies in China.

"Yes, I am." I coldly answered as I automatically sat beside Yifan, my fiance.

Like what happened to my parents, I am also arranged with the guy beside me. I don't have any feelings for him and I know he's the same, yet, he still pretends that he likes me when he's in front of our parents. Pssh. -_-

"Why are you here? What do you want?" I asked him frowning, letting him know that I am annoyed. But despite how I try to annoy him, he's still wearing that big smile on his face. "I'm not in the mood Yifan. Please."

He slowly reached out for my hand and squeezed it tightly, "I was just thinking if we could celebrate Valentine's Day since tomorrow's February 14 and-"

"I got no time for that Yifan. There's a lot of things to do in the office. I can't just slouch."

Surprisingly, he leaned closer to my ears as he whispered. "Just say yes. Your father is watching us. Don't worry, we won't really be going out tomorrow. I have something to do for myself too."

Ahhh.. so this guy's using me so he can have time to flirt with other girls tomorrow. Pssh. -_-

I let out a sigh. "Okay okay. Now I'm going to sleep." Still wearing my cold expression, I stood up and walked to my room. I can hear my father's chuckles and laughs as he continued to talk with the living chameleon.

As soon as I reached my room, I immediately jumped into my bed and burried my face in the pillow.

"Urgh! I hate this life."

---

Seohyun's P.O.V.

"Joohyun-aah~ wake up!" Joonmyeon poked my cheeks as he tried his best to wake me up. This has been our daily routine. He wakes up early and he'll be the one to wake me up - in short, he served as my human alarm clock. "It's late."

"Oppaa~ what time is it?" I yawned as I got up and rubbed my eyes.

"Eight O'clock." He chuckled.

"Liar." I laughed as I pointed at the wall clock. "It's still Six."

"I'm 2 hours advanced." He stuck his tongue out as he ruffled my hair. "Get ready saeng, you'll be late for school."

"Nae!" I grinned as I slowly walked towards the comfort room while stretching my arms.

By the way, My name is Seo Joohyun, twenty-two years old, and I'm currently studying in Sejong University as a 4th-year college student, Majoring in Acting/Theatre. My parents? Naah~ I don't know them. I never knew them. But I know they are kind. Umma and Appa told me. 

I was raised by Joonmyeon oppa's parents, saying that my mother and father died in a plane crash. But even though I haven't seen my real mother and father, Umma and Appa treated me well as if I was their real child. They raised me well and loved me like how they loved JoonPa. Sometimes I become sad, but, I considered myself lucky that I became a part of the Kim family.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked with a big smile on my face as I walk downstairs and ran into my umma, who's currently cooking our food. "Hmmm~ it smells so good umma! I'm sure it's delicious." I giggled.

"I quite doubt that." Inserted JoonPa as he chew his food. "Egg isn't that nice."

Well he has a point. But still... He should have pretended that it was delicious. "Egg's not bad! At least  umma cooked something for us." I pouted as I sat beside JoonPa , who stopped eating and just stood up from his seat and kissed umma in the cheeks. "What a meanie."

"Joonmyeon's right Joohyun.. You don't have to lie.." Umma smiled a bit at me. Even though she was smiling, I can see the sadness in her eyes. "Sorry.. It's the only thing that I can afford.."

Standing up from my seat, I rushed into umma and hugged her tightly. "It's okay umma..."

After eating my breakfast, I hurriedly wore my shoes and ran fastly to catch up with JoonPa, who walked fasttly as if he had a built in car on his shoes. "Yaah! Oppa! Will you walk slowly?"

"No. You walk faster." He answered, not even bothering to look at me.

"I am!" I panted. As soon as I catchep up to him,  he stopped walking and glared at me. "Why're your eyebags so huge?"

"Uhmm...uhmmm...." I looked at him and chuckled nervously as I scratched the back of my neck. 

"What time did you got home yesterday?"

"....eleven? twelve? one in the morning? I'm not sure..." I've been hiding it from everyone that I have a part-time-job as a singer in the restaurant near our school. But I guess Oppa's too smart to find out. "Sorry..."

"Umma said she doesn't wan't you to tire yourelf right?"

"But I want to help - "

"You will... sooner." He patted my head as he smiled softly. "Focus on your studies first."

"But-"

"No 'but's Joohyun."he insisted.

"Okay then.." I sighed and nodded as I followed him to our way to school. If only I had lots of money and wealth. I should have been happier with those.

 

----

A/N:

How's my first update?

Waah~ I hope I didn't fail your expectations u_u

and btw, JoonPa means Joonmyeon Oppa. 

Seohyun gave him that nickname in this story since he found 'Joonmyeon Oppa' long. lol

 

Soo... I HOPE YOU ENJOYED <3