Guardian Angel

I Love You A Thousand Times

 

Few years after that…

 

[Your POV]

 

Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Omg! Omg! I’m a DEAD girl! Yup! I’m so late for work! Owh damn! ! I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom to wash up. After that, I wear my work outfit and quickly ran down towards the dining room where my oppa are happily eating his meal. How could he be all laidback like that? He knows that I’m late already but why didn’t he wake me up? Ugh! There are times when I felt like killing him.

 

“Oppa!!” I screamed as I sat next to him.

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up? It’s already 10 A.M.!!” I’m so dead. if I’m not mistaken, I have a meeting with a client, aish! So dead.

“~~~~~~~-ah did you look at the calendar?”

“Why would I go look at the calendar when I’m LATE like this?!”

“Pabo! It’s SUNDAY! No work today!” What?!

“Jinja ya?!”

“Yes. Gosh! You’re being WAY too hard working. Relax for a moment will you?”

“It’s Sunday huh? Huhhhhhh!” I could finally take a deep breath now. Knowing that I’m not late is the best thing in the world now.

“Yah, Jang ~~~~~~~~. Don’t you think you need to take a vacation or something? You’ve been WAY to busy this past few years. Aren’t you tired?” I’m not you oppa.

“No.”

“Well I AM. Seeing you like this makes me tired. Tonight, your coming with me”, I looked up at my oppa.

“To where?”

“I have a dance competition at some club and YOU are coming with me. No exception.”

“But-“

“I SAID, NO EXCEPTION!” When he said that, that’s what you have to do.

“Arasseo oppa”, no use of fighting back.

 

Slowly I got up and was about to walked away when oppa suddenly called my name. Swiftly I looked back at him. “Wae yo?” What now?! A date with match maker?! “Eodi ga?” “To see Kikwang”, he nodded in understanding when he heard that. I tried to make my way once again but like the last time, he called my name which interrupt me. urgh! What now?!

 

“Wae yo?!” This is getting annoying.

“Don’t you think it’s enough?”

“Huh??”

“It’s been 5 years…. Isn’t it time to stop already?” I looked down after understanding what he meant. Seriously, I don’t know why I’m doing this but I had to. Going there, recharge my energy. Gave me strength to live my life like how he wanted me too.

“You have a life now. Find someone else and find your own happiness. Kikwang would want that….”

“I know….” There was nothing more to say so I walked away and slid in my car. After started the engine, I drove the car away.

 

Everyday of my life after Kikwang’s death, I’ve been visiting his grave every morning. It’s a routine for me. After that, I make a quick stop at his parent’s house and than straight to work. In a word, I’ve been living my life for him. Reaching for my dreams but fulfilling his. It gets tiring sometimes, that’s why I visited his grave. I felt at peace there. I could feel his presence lending me a shoulder to lean on and hear all of my problems. Only there, I could think things through.

 

As I arrived there, as usual, a bouquet of white carnation was on his graveyard. I don’t know who send it but it’s there everyday. The same flower, the same florist, the same design and on the same position. Everyday it’s the same. I went to the florist one day and asked who the flower is from but the person ordered it by phone and prefers being call anonymous instead of giving his/her real name. What I know is Kikwang must be important to that person. If not, why would he/she send flowers here everyday right?

 

Sitting in front of his grave, I took out our last picture taken before his death. As we took that picture, never once did I think it’ll be the last picture I’m going to take with him. Our relationship was so strong and we were so happy that time that I think nothing could do us apart. But you know what happen. There’s something that is strong enough to break our strong love apart. And that is death/fate or whatever people call it.

 

“Kikwang-ah, it’s me again. How are you? I hope you’re fine. Don’t you worry about us here. Everyone is in a good shape. Remember what you asked me to do in the letter you asked your mom to give it to me? Well I’m trying my hardest to do it. Your parent’s healths are improving day by day. It’s really not hard making your parents listen to me. But there is someone that is as hard headed as a bull. You know who is it, don’t you? Lee Junho. Gosh that guy is stubborn! I tried to hook him up with BILLIONS of girls that I know but not even once he do what I asked him to do. He kept giving me stupid excuse like Minzy won’t agree him dating and all. But still, he’s not protective over Minzy anymore. Maybe he’d finally realized that Minzy is not a little girl anymore. And you know what baby my brother has opened up his heart for Minzy little by little. Soon, she’ll become my sister in law. I’m so excited! But still Yo Seob just broke off with his two years girlfriend yesterday. He’s really heart-broken now. Poor him. I can’t do anything to help him. If you were here, you would always know what to say. You always knew what to do….”

 

Quickly I prevent myself from crying as my voice crack. I know that Kikwang won’t like to see me crying like this. I’ve promised him that I’d live well after his gone and I’m gonna kept that promise. No tears, no suffering and no pain. All there is is a smile and a happy face on all the way to the end. Are you watching me right now Kikwangie? I’m living happily like how you wanted me too. Baby, can you hear me? I’m living like how you wanted me to. Are you happy? Please be happy no matter where you are right now. And please know that I will always, always love you.

 

[End POV]

[Kikwang POV]

 

 

“Are you watching me right now Kikwangie? I’m living happily like how you wanted me too. Baby, can you hear me? I’m living like how you wanted me to. Are you happy? Please be happy no matter where you are right now. And please know that I will always, always love you.”

 

 

That voice! I know that voice! It’s ~~~~~~~! What’s going on here? Where am I? Slowly I opened my eyes just to saw myself at a very white and bright place. “Ugh!” I quickly covered my eyes as a light from nowhere shines straight into my eyes. “You’ve woke up. Finally!” A voice said. It’s one deep and husky voice. From the sound of it, it’s a guy voice. But where does the voice come from?

 

“Open your eyes and you’ll see”, huh? how-d?

“Just do it”, ok. Slowly I opened my eyes.

“Omo!” I gasped as I saw a man, very well built man standing in front of me wearing something like the warrior in the film Troy.

“Hi!” With a smiling face, he offered me his hand. I took it and stand up.

“Whe-“

“Where are you? You’re in the guardian angle training facilities.”

“What?!”

“Don’t you remember? Ah! Stupid me. Of course you don’t.”

“Remember what?”

“You died.”

“I what?!”

“Died. You died few years ago.”

 

As he said that, a flash of memories suddenly came back to me. It’s our third year anniversary. I got a threat mail a day before that. We were having dinner at my house that night. I was about to purpose ~~~~~~ when she asked to go to the toilet. Than a guy came and shoot me. I remember it all now. ~~~~~~~. It was ~~~~~~ voice earlier isn’t it? Even when I died her voice is still fresh inside my mind. Never once will I forget it. ~~~~~~~-ah, gwenchana? Are you fine without me there? Did you suffer a lot? I hope you’re not because I can’t see you getting hurt. Baby, please be happy.

 

“Dude, don’t worry. Your girlfriend ~~~~~~ is doing just fine”, how-d?

“I can read your mind”, that explain everything.

“Who are you?”

“Me?! I’m Taecyeon. You can call me Taec hyung or sunbaenim. Or you could just call me hyung.”

“I’ll stick with hyung.”

“Ok than. I’m your guardian angle actually.”

“My WHAT?!” Seriously this place is so full of shocking news.

“Guardian angle. All this while I’ve been protecting you and I’ve been doing a really good job”, if it was a really good job I wouldn’t have died won’t I?

“I can hear what you said”, ops!

“Hehehe. Sorry.”

“It’s ok. Even though I did a damn good job by doing it, there’s just something I just can’t protect you from. Death. I can’t fight off death. It’s just impossible even for a guardian angle like me”, I could see that he’s very upset by my death.

“Aniyo. It’s ok. You’ve been keeping me safe all this while and it’s already more than enough for me. If it wasn’t because of you, I wouldn’t have met ~~~~~~~.”

“~~~~~~~. Jang ~~~~~~~. You really do love her don’t you? She does love you too you know. Even years after your death, she still and only loves you. Everyday of her life these past few years she visit your grave. Never once did she miss.”

“How is she?”

“Why don’t we go see for ourselves?”

“What?”

“Gaja!” Without a word, he just pulled me towards a light and in a blink of an eye I was not at the guardian angle training facilities anymore. I was standing in front of my apartment.  

 

“What are we doing here?” Teacyeon just smiled.

“Wait and see”, suddenly he pulled me straight through the un-open door. WTH?! Did I just walk through doors?

“Yes you did. For your information, we can walk through not just doors but also walls. Even the seven hundred thicker walls than stone.”

“So you mean we can easily walk through the bank safe or something?”

“Yup we can but there’s no use. We can’t touch anything in this world. Everything we touch will pass through us.”

“So we’re like ghost?”

“Yes, no.”

“What do you mean?”

“I haven’t told you about why you’re here haven’t I?” I just shook my head.

“Well….. I’m your trainer now.”

“Trainer? You’re going to train me?” Teacyeon nodded eagerly.

“For what?”

“For you to be ~~~~~~~~ guardian angle”, I looked up at him to find some joking expression but he was damn serious. Me? ~~~~~~~~ guardian angle? I don’t think I’m qualified. I couldn’t even keep myself save. How in the world am I supposed to be ~~~~~~~ guardian angle?

“You can protect her. Your death was my fault. I couldn’t save you but you can protect ~~~~~~~~ from harm. I’ll teach you everything you need”, Teacyeon just smiled at me. I love ~~~~~~~~ with all my heart and yes I’ll protect her with every strength I have in me. That’s what I’ll do.

“Great. Now let’s go”, I just followed Teacyeon walking around my own house. We walked passed by the living room and straight towards my room. There I saw a figure that I really know and miss.

“~~~~~~~~-ah!” I called for her but she can’t hear me.

 

Slowly I make my way in front of her. “~~~~~~~~-ah….” My heart cries when I saw the pain in her eyes. She looks fine but her eyes were showing the pain she had deep inside her heart. Everything happens because of me. ~~~~~~~~ is in deep hurt because of me. And there’s nothing I could do to stop the pain. If only I could take the pain away and bear it myself, I would do it. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for ~~~~~~~~. She’s the only thing that’s matter to me now. Her life depends on me.

 

“Kikwang-ah, bogo shippoyo! Neaomu bogo shippoyo!” ~~~~~~~ cried as she hold tight to my favorite blue shirt that she bought for my last birthday.

“Ara yo. I miss you too. More than you’ll ever know”, I tried to hold her but my hand just go through her body.

“Why did you leave me? You said you’ll always be here with me but why aren’t you here now? Wea yo Kikwang-ah?! Wea yo?!” Her cries become harder. My heart throbs in pain every time tears fell down her cheeks.

“I never leave you ~~~~~~~~-ah. I’m here. Always here. Next to you. Can’t you feel me? I’m here”, again I tried to touch her shoulder but this time it didn’t go through her. My hand was on her shoulder and I could feel her. She quickly turned around to face me as if she could feel my touched. Teacyeon gasped.

“Kikwang-ah! Are you here?” Our eyes widened.

“Hyung! How could? You said-” I looked at Teacyeon who looked shock just like I am.

“That’s weird. How is that even possible? Try to talk to her”, he ordered. I nodded and looked at ~~~~~~~ who’s looking at me but I guess she couldn’t see me.

“~~~~~~~~-ah, I’m here. It’s Kikwang. Can you hear me? Please say you can. Please!” She didn’t respond at all. All she did was staring blankly at me who she couldn’t see.

“~~~~~~~~-ah? Chagiya?”

 

Suddenly her eyes widened. “Kikwang-ah?” My eyes widened and I looked back at Teacyeon. He quickly pulled out his Guardian Angle 101 book and studied it. I went back to ~~~~~~~ who’s still looking at me trying to figure out what’s going on.

“Am I going crazy?” ~~~~~~~ asked herself.

“Aniyo. You’re not. I’m here ~~~~~~~-ah.”

“I don’t know what’s going on but if you’re here Kikwang-ah, than why can’t I see you? I miss you so much do you know? I felt like dying.”

“No you can’t die! You have to live. Live for me. I want you to be happy.”

“If dying is the only way for me to see you again, than I’ll do it.”

“No! Can’t you listen to me?! No! You CAN’T die! Not yet! You have to live! You have to be happy! I don’t want anything to happen to you. Please, listen to me ~~~~~~~~-ah. You HAVE to live or else I will blame myself for everything that’s happen to you”, she couldn’t die. I want to see her happy. Marry a better guy than me, have children and live happily ever after. Not like this. Dying isn’t how I wish to see her like.

 

“I’ve search this whole book but I couldn’t find anything about a human can feel her guardian angle’s presence. It’s weird”, Teacyeon finally said something.

“I’ll have to ask my seniors about this”, he said again and walked towards me and ~~~~~~~.

 

He slowly walked around ~~~~~~~. He tried to touched her but his hand just went through ~~~~~~~~. He waved his hands in front of ~~~~~~~’s eyes but nothing happens. “AAAAAAAA!!!!!” He screamed at ~~~~~~~’s ears but again, nothing happens. It seems like she couldn’t hear, see or feel his presence. “Hmm.” He stopped walking around and sat next to me.

 

“It seems like she doesn’t respond to me but when it’s you, she went all weird? Is it because you guys used to date? Hmm? Well that’s impossible because my last apprentice also like you guys but nothing weird like this ever happen. Hmmm…..???? Let’s go back. We’ll figure it out there!” Teacyeon was already ready to get going.

“Wait! Can’t I stay here and look after ~~~~~~~~?” I’m scared that she’ll do anything stupid.

“Don’t worry. She won’t. I’m sure. Even if she did try to kill herself, you have nothing to worry. The watch in your hand will tell you if that’s happening”, he pointed at my wrist. Only that time I realized about the watch. Hm, nice.

“I know. I design it myself. That watch is like your personal internet and CCTV on ~~~~~~~~. You can found out anything about ~~~~~~~~ from that.”

“Really? Cool!”

“Yeah. Now let’s go!”

“Ok”, I turned around to face ~~~~~~~ once again.

“I’m going now ~~~~~~~~-ah. But don’t worry. I’ll always be here. I’m your guardian angle now and I vowed that I’ll keep you safe forever!” With that I walked towards Teacyeon and we teleport back to the Guardian Angle training center.

 

[End POV]