I’ve Lost Him….

I Love You A Thousand Times

 

[Your POV]

 

Today is our third year anniversary. Can you believe it? I’ve been dating Kikwang for three years already. Wow! I thought since I was Player Jang Hyun Seung little sister, every relationship wont last long like his. Guess I was wrong. Probably because I have THE greatest boyfriend EVER! He’s handsome, can be cute at times, kind, loving, a bit dumb but that’s ok and the most importantly, he loves me with all his heart not caring who I am or how I am. His love is unconditional.

 

I smiled looking at our picture on my desk. We took this picture at Taiwan when were both out on a vacation along with my brother, Yo Seob and Minzy. It was a fun vacation. Every girl past Yo Seob keeps calling him cutie pie, Minzy keep trying to seduce my brother and my brother did less erted things and more running. Hahaha! I still remember how he begs me and Kikwang to save him from Minzy. Trust me, it was hilarious. He even promises to do the house chores for WEEKS! Knowing him, he’s not the type that likes to do ANY house chores.

 

My phone suddenly rang. I got a text massage! Quickly I took my phone on the bed and see who was the sender is. Kikwangie! With a smiled, I opened and read his text massage.

 

 

Happy three years anniversary baby. Can’t wait to see you tonight. <3 u always and forever!

 

 

This huge smiled was formed on my face. We agreed to have a little candle light dinner at his apartment today. What should I wear anyways? Since it’s our anniversary night, I need to look spectacularly beautiful. A dress should do it. But what dress? The black one? Blue is good too. Maybe red! But I love the brown one more. Aish! This won’t do. Must call out for help. Minzy and Yo Seob. What’s the use of bestfriend right?

 

Quickly I dialed Minzy’s number since I know they’re together right now. Yo Seob told me that he’ll hang out with Minzy today to finish their project. It is our final year in university.

 

“Yeobosayo!”

“Minzy-ah!”

“Oh! ~~~~~~~~-ah. Why are you calling?”

“I need a help.”

“Help? What help?”

“I don’t know what to wear for tonight. Since you and Yo Seob are the most trustable people in my life, I want you to help me”, if I asked Hyun Seung oppa, he’ll say “Everything looks good on you since you’re my sister”. Not helping at all.

“Ok than. We’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“Ok. Bye.”

“Bye”, and I hung up the phone. I should get something to eat first. My stomach is crying for food.

 

“Oppa! I’m hungry!” I make a sad face while rubbing my stomach when I arrived at the kitchen.

“I know. Here! Eat up”, I looked at the plate he threw to me. Scramble eggs, toasted bread and fried bacon. Umm!! Yummie! One thing I love about my brother is, he cook well.

“Jal mokkessumnida!” And I eat with a happy face. You know I love Kikwang so much but I think, I love food more than him. Hahaha!!

“Oh! ~~~~~~~~-ah, it’s your third year anniversary right? Congrats. Hope you will always be happy with Kikwang sis”, oppa kissed my forehead with love. Sometimes my oppa can really be an , but you know, he’s worth it. The love he has for me is unquestionable. I’m so lucky to have a brother like him.

“Gomawo oppa”, I smiled happily.

“So, are you guys going out today? Plan anything special?”

“Dinner at his place tonight!”

“Ahh! Spending the night there too?” Oppa smirked as he asked that question. This guy is a seriously erted man !

“OPPA!!” It’s just ewwish to hear your brother said stuff like that.

“Just kidding ok. Well, hope you have a great dinner sis. I’ll be at my studio if you need anything. Arasseo?”

“Arasseoyo oppa.”

“Bye!”

“Bye!” Oppa gave me one last kiss on the head and walked out.

 

Few minutes after Hyun Seung oppa went to work, Minzy and Yo Seob arrived. We quickly get on with our stuff right away. I have a lot of things to do. Just choosing outfit would definitely take 3 hours or so. I still have to do make-up, hair and other stuff. it may took HOURS before everything is set.

 

“I think this red dress is cool!” Yo Seob tossed me a shocking red dress that I wore at my homecoming dance few years ago.

“Is it still fit?” I think I already gain more than a couple of pound since prom.

“What about this?” Minzy hold out a simple floral green dress. I remember that dress. I wore it during our first anniversary.

“Can’t wear that. He already saw me wore it once.”

“What if you just wear t-shirt and jeans?” Minzy and me just look at Yo Seob with a are-you-kidding-me look? He’s just the same like Hyun Seung oppa. USELESS!

“Just ignore him”, both of us continue choosing a perfect outfit for my special third year anniversary with Kikwangie!

 

Blue scarlet dress, white simple dress, shocking pink dress, black y dress, aish! This was harder than I thought. Minzy and I were practically out of options already. Yo Seob on the other hand, sleep peacefully on my bed. I shouldn’t invite him here. He’s just getting on my nerve. “~~~~~~~~-AH!” Minzy screamed excitedly. I quickly ran towards her. “What?!” Is there a spider in my closet?

 

“THIS!!” She pulled out this one silky dark purple dress.

“I almost forgot about this dress”, I took it and stare at it for a while. Kikwang gave this to me few weeks ago. He said it’ll look great on me. I should really wear it for tonight.

“Yes! This is it!”

“Go try it on!” Minzy pushed me towards the bathroom. I quickly change into the dress as soon as I get in. I took a deep breath before walking out the bathroom.

 

“Tada!!” I walked out with a happy face and tried to show off the dress. Both Minzy and that sleepy head Yo Seob looked at me with their jaws on the floor.

“What? Is it that bad?” I think it look ok.

“No!”

“Than?”

“It looks perfect!” Yo Seob cheered.

“Really?”

“Yup ~~~~~~~-ah. You look smoky hot!” Minzy assured me. I quickly ran towards the mirror.

“WHOA!” That was the only word that comes out of my mouth when I see my self on the mirror. Not to be a jerk or anything but damn I look hot! Hahaha!

“Now, let’s do the rest!”

 

Minzy and I quickly get ready for the dinner. I’m so excited. Not sure what will happen tonight but I hope it’s a good thing. Though deep inside me, there’s this tiny feeling. I’m not sure what kind of feeling it is but I felt scared. Like something bad would happen tonight. Nah! There’s nothing to be worried about. I mean, what’s the worst could happen right? Don’t think about it too much Jang ~~~~~~~. You’ll be spending the night with the love of your life, what could possibly go wrong!

 

While Minzy was doing my hair and Yo Seob was messing with my mind, my phone suddenly rang. Minzy took it and gave it to me. I knew who was calling me since I set a special ring tone for that person.

 

“Yeobosayo!” I couldn’t be more cheerful than now.

“Hey baby! Where are you?”

“Home”, where else should I be?

“What are you doing?”

“Getting ready for tonight. You?”

“I’m looking at you.”

“At me?!”

“Your picture silly”, ah!

“You look really beautiful as always”, one of the reason why I love him to death is this. He always uses these sweet words on me. And I love it!

“I know!” And I could hear him chuckled a bit.

“Can’t wait to see you tonight.”

“Me too!”

“I’ll pick you up as promise ok?”

“Ok. See you tonight. Bye!”

“Bye baby” and we hung up the phone. I already say this and I want to say it again, thank you God for lending me an angle to be in my life.

 

“It’s Kikwang isn’t it?” I looked up at Yo Seob.

“Yup. Why?”

“Nothing it’s just that every time you talk to or about him, your face will be glowing. Like sun glow!”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“No. Not at all. I’m actually really happy seeing you like this. Both of you should just get married and have kids. That way, I get to be an uncle soon!” My stupid but cute friend Yo Seob started to get all excited.

“Whoa! I’m not getting married to ANYONE for now ok. There are a lot of things to be done before marriage. So hold your dream to be an uncle ok.”

“But why?! Marriage is a good thing.”

“It is but not at this young age.”

“I agreed with ~~~~~~~. Why would you want to marry someone in such a young age? You should have fun when you’re young!” So true.

“What if Kikwang asked you to marry him tonight?” That question strikes me. I kept quiet for a while there. I love Kikwang. I really do but marriage is a big stuff. I’m not sure I’m ready for it.

“Yah! Can you stop messing with ~~~~~~~ mind? Let her enjoy her happiness ok!” Minzy tapped Yo Seob’s head for me.

“Thanks.”

“Welcome. Now you shut up and you stay still so I can finish your hair.”

“Ye umma!” We both nodded obediently towards Minzy which cause laughter between us.

 

[End POV]

[Kikwang POV]

 

“Dude. What’s up?” Junho greet me as he arrived at the café. I looked up at him and smile.

“Have a sit”, and Junho sat next to me.

“Btw, happy anniversary. You and ~~~~~~~~ are really made for each other.”

“Thanks dude. I know she’s the one for me that’s why I get her these!” I took out the ring I bought for ~~~~~~~ and show it too Junho. He was really shock to see it.

“Dude, are you going to ask her to marry you?”

“Yeah. I am.”

“Are you sure?!”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing it’s just….. Don’t you think it’s TOO early for all of this?” I knew he would say that.

“I now but it feels like this is the only time that I have to do this. I’m afraid if I don’t ask her now, I’ll never get to”, who knows what’s going to happen right.

“Why are you acting like you’re going to die tomorrow?” I just smile while Junsu started to feel like something’s up.

“Junho-ah, if anything happens to me, take care of ~~~~~~~ for me will you?”

“Dude, you’re scaring me”, Junho looked at me with a worried face.

“Is something’s wrong? Tell me Kikwang-ah!”

“Aniya. Everything’s fine. Don’t worry man. Just promise it, will you?”

“I promise now stop giving me the creep!” I just laughed.

“Ok. I’ll stop. So what’s up with you these days? Found anyone special yet?”

“Me? Well, there is this one girl….”

“WHO?!” This is getting exciting.

“Her name is Jungah. I meet her at a bookstore. It’s been 6 month already since we become friends.”

“Yah! And you didn’t tell me?”

“What’s there to tell? We’re just FRIENDS ok.”

“But you want to be more than friend’s right?” Junho rarely falls in love and when he do, I know. How? Because he is so damn easy to be predict.

“Yeah.”

“Than go tell her your feelings!” What are you waiting for? Just tell her.

“But I’m not sure she feels the same.”

“So? Just go for it! What’s more painful? Losing her because you did nothing or losing her because you do something to have her?”

“Both!” Aish! This guy is impossible!

“Dude, take my advice. Go for it. What if one day you want to tell her your true feelings but you don’t have much time left? No one knows how long their life is. Make use of it!”

“You’re right. I should do it. Thanks man. You’re a great help!”

“Happy to be helpful.”

“I need to go now. Catch you later!” Junho was about to go when I tapped him shoulders.

“Wea yo?” He turned around to face me.

“Bye Junho-ah. Take care!” I hugged Junho tightly. We’ve been like brothers since kindergarten. I really love him. I hope he knows it.

“Yah! I’m just going to the gym. We’ll see each other tomorrow.”

“Yeah”, I let him go and just smile.

“Are you really ok Kikwang-ah?”

“Yes now go!”

“Arasseo. Have fun tonight and good luck!”

“Thanks….” Junho walked away. Only a smile could form on my face. Take care Junho. Live well.

 

[End POV]

[Your POV]

 

It’s the time! Finally! I’ve been waiting for hours for this moment to arrive. Minzy, Yo Seob and Hyun Seung oppa looked at me with a happy face. I’m so happy right now. Too happy. Finally I found someone that’s worth it in this life. Saranghae Kikwang. Saranghae Lee Kikwang. Tangsinul sarangheyo.

 

Pin!Pin!Pin!

 

“He’s here!” I jumped excitedly. Why am I this excited?

“Have fun kiddo!” Hyun Seung oppa rubbed my head and gave me a good night kiss.

“Fighting ~~~~~~~-ah!” Minzy hugged me tightly.

“Don’t be naughty.”

“I won’t Yo Seob”, and I hugged him happily.

“Bye!” After that I walked out of the house and towards the love of my life that’s waiting for me in front of his car.

 

“Wow! You look…. AMAZING!!” There was a wow-ing effect on his face which causes me to chuckle.

“You look great too!” Kikwang + Black Tuxedo = HOTTIE!!

“Ready?” He opened the car’s door for me.

“Ready”, I glide in peacefully. After shutting my door, he ran to the driver’s seat and got in.

 

“Let’s go!” Kikwang smile and drove the car away from there. The whole ride was peaceful and there was a happy face on both of our faces. The silence really felt like a tons of words being poured out from our hearts. Guess this is love huh. You don’t need words to show it.

 

In a matter of minutes, we arrived at his apartment. I was about to walked out when Kikwang holds my hand. “Wea yo?” I just looked at him with a questioning look. He just shook his head and pulled me close to him.

 

“Let’s stay here for a while shall we?”

“Um…ok….” Even though it’s a bit weird but I just agreed to it.

“Come here!” he pulled me closer to him and he pulled my head to lean on his shoulders. I follow it.

“Stay like this for a while will you?”

“Arasseo.”

“That’s my girl”, he kissed me lightly on my forehead. I don’t know what’s wrong with Kikwang today but I don’t mind. Being with him is special enough for me.

 

“Do you remember the first time we met?” I started a conversation.

“Yes. At a café in Jeju Island. You run away from the city to seek peace and I was on vacation with my family. That time, you were wearing a simple floral dress and you tight you hair back”, I could only smile hearing that.

“You remember all that?” There was an aww-ing tone inside of my words.

“Of course. From the first time I saw you; I know you’re the one that God has set up for me. From that moment onwards, I promise myself that I would always love you until the end of time.”

“If we were born again, would you still want me to be yours?”

“Yes”, he said it without even thinking. He really does love me.

“Thank you for loving me!” I really am grateful.

“No. Thank you for coming into my life. Without you, I would be nothing!” Quickly I hugged him. What would happen to me if he never shows up inside of my life? I will be nothing! Nothing without him!

“Baby….”

“Hmmm….”

“Can you promise me something?”

“Anything.”

“Please live well”, I pulled away from the hugged and look at him.

“Why are you saying things like that? Are you going to leave me?” Please don’t.

“Aniya! I’m not going anywhere. I’m always here. Inside your heart”, he pointed at my heart.

“Forever….”

“Than why are you saying that stuff?” I don’t like it.

“No reason. Just want you to promise it. Can you?”

“I promise”, with you in my life, it’s not that hard to keep the promise.

“Gaja!” Finally it’s time to go to.

 

When Kikwang opened the door of his apartment, I could do nothing but to look at him. It was astonishingly beautiful. It was covered with red roses, dim light, romantic music and Kikwang’s love in the air. Usually I don’t like this romantic stuff but with him, anything will do.

 

We sat at the table he set up for us and we chat as we ate Kikwang’s mom amazing cooking. He asked his mom to cook it for us since he doesn’t know how to cook. Everything went smoothly went Kikwang suddenly get all serious. I was shocked and lost at first but I know what was going on when Kikwang kneed down in front of me. What Yo Seob said does come true.

 

“Jang ~~~~~~~….” The moment he said my name and was about to took out the box of ring, I quickly stood up.

“I need to use the restroom!” And I just ran towards the restroom and locked myself inside there for a while.

 

OMG!! Kikwang is gonna ask me to marry him. Otteokeju? I’m not ready for this! Should I say no? But what if I say no and our relationship changes? I don’t want that. I love him too much to lose him. Maybe I should say yes. But I’m not ready for it! It’s just too much! Marriage is not a game. It needs commitment and all. I don’t think I can do that just yet.

 

I should just say the truth to him. Kikwang will understand it. I mean all this year I’ve done things that he question but he always accept it with an opened heart. Nothing ever ruins our relationship all this years and I know this won’t do it too. I’m goona say it! It’s a no. I’m sorry honey but I can’t accept it for now.

 

After taking a few deep breaths, I walked out and headed towards him. I was about to walked towards the living room when I heard a conversation. The voice was Kikwang’s and someone. Did someone come? I didn’t hear anyone knock or rang the bell. Who can it be? I hid behind the wall and eavesdropping their conversation.

 

“You came”, Kikwang was expecting that someone.

“Yes”, it was a guy voice.

“Before you do what you were paid to, please tell my girlfriend I love her”, this is getting weird.

“I will.”

“Thank you.”

“Mianhae!”

 

 

 

 

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

My eyes widen when I heard the loud sound of gunshot. What happen? What happen? I quickly ran towards the living room.

 

“………………………………………”

 

There I saw the most terrifying scene in my life. I could do nothing but cried. My whole body shook in horror. I looked at the person who was holding the gun. I can’t see his face because it was covered with a mask. The only thing I could see was his eyes. It was full of shock and guilt. Quickly he ran off.

 

Slowly I walked towards the body lying on the floor. Blood was everywhere. His face was pale but he could still smile. He was barely breathing. I kneed down and quickly hold him inside my arms.

 

“~~~~~~~~-ah….” More tears runs down my cheeks as he called my name.

“Yes. I’m here.”

“Baby….”

“Yes honey….” His hands reached my face weakly. I hold his hands which is caressing my cheeks.

“Sa…sarang….hae ~~~~~~~…-ah….”

“Me too! Please, please don’t leave me! Please!” You said you won’t leave me so you can’t leave me.

“I won’t. I’m….he….here. In….inside…your….your heart…..for…ever….”

“No! You can’t leave me like this! You can’t!” I won’t let you! I quickly pulled out my phone and called for ambulance.

 

“Hang on. The ambulance is on its way!” I just threw away my phone as I finished talking and gave my attention to Kikwang.

“An….aniya…. It’s m..my time….” The tighter I hold on to him.

“No it’s not!”

“~~~~~~~-ah, let me go…..”

“Shiro!” I will never let you go. Never!

“Ja…ng ~~~~~~~….. Saranghae…. Mi…..” He breathing started to get hard as if he was chocking. He trembles for an air.

“~~~~~~~….~~~~~~~…. Mian….Mi…..Mianhae……………………………………….”

 

It stops. Everything stops. The trembling, the tears, the words, the pain, the touch, the breathing and the heartbeat. There wasn’t anymore life inside of him. Just a weak body inside of my embrace.

 

“Kikwang-ah…. Don’t play with me….” I shook his body.

“Kikwang-ah….” I shook him harder.

“Andwea! Andwe! You can’t leave me. Wake up!!!!” I used all the strength in me to shook him so he could opened his eyes but nothing happen. No matter what I did, he wouldn’t wake up.

“An…andwea… ANDWEA!!” You can’t leave me! You can’t!

“Please….please wake up…. Don’t leave me….,” I can’t live without you….

 

 

“KKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

[End POV]

[Hyun Seung POV]

 

My phone rang in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. I quickly woke up and look at my watch. What time it is? It’s 2 am. Who the heck is calling me in the middle of the night? I reached my phone and looked at the caller ID. It’s ~~~~~~~. Why is she calling me in the middle of the night like this? I bet she wanted to tell me that’s she’s staying there for the night.

 

“Yeob….” My word was cut by my little sister voice.

“Oppa……..” It sounded like she’s been crying.

“~~~~~~~~-ah! What happen?”

“Ki…kikwang. Kikwang….. oppa….” The crying went louder.

“Wea yo?” I don’t feel good about this.

“He’s….he’s been shot…..”

“WHAT?!”

“Eodiya?” I really didn’t expect stuff like this.

“Seoul International Hospital….”

“I’ll be there in a minute”, I quickly hung up, change my cloth and drove the car towards the hospital. I did able to call Yo Seob on the way so I pick him up and the two of us went to the hospital together. Minzy already knows about it she went there with her brother.

 

When we arrived there, quickly ran towards the emergency room where we found Kikwang’s parents, Minzy and Junho, the police and ~~~~~~~ standing weakly infront of the emergency room door. Her face was pale. Her body was drained with blood. Tears were running down her cheeks and her whole body was shaking in horror. I quickly ran over to her.

 

“~~~~~~~….” Carefully I hold her shoulders. She turned around weakly. My heart hurt when I saw my little sister looking like that.

“Oppa…. Kikwang…he….”

“I know. I know….” I just pulled her into my embrace. I always promise to myself that I’d protect her but I just can’t protect her from this. I’m such a useless oppa!

 

The doctor suddenly came out from the emergency room. All of us ran towards him. His face was showing everything off but maybe, just maybe I’m wrong. God please let me be wrong. Don’t let my sister suffer this great pain. Let her live happily with smile on her face and not tears. I can’t bear seeing her like that.

 

“How’s my son doctor?” Kikwangs’ mom asked.

“I’m…I’m sorry…. There’s nothing else I could do for him….” NO!!!!!

 

The crying started to get louder. Kikwang’s mom fainted while his dad was too shock to even do anything. The nurses there helped us and bring his parents away. It was chaotic that I forgot about my sister. I turned around to see her next to Kikwang’s dead body. All of us could only stare at her.

 

“Kikwangie, you won’t leave me right? You won’t right? The doctor’s lying! You’re still alive. Wake up! Wake up!” She shook his body, asking him to wake up but nothing happen.

“No! You can’t go! I won’t let you. Wake up!”  The cries get louder and sorrowful.

“Miss, please don’t be this way….” One of the nurses who are in charge of getting Kikwangs’ body to the corpse room said.

“~~~~~~~~…..” I quickly hold her so that the nurses can do their work.

“Oppa andwea! Andwea! You can’t let they take Kikwang away! You can’t!” She was trembling to get to Kikwang. I could only hold her with tears on my eyes.

“He’s gone ~~~~~~~~-ah. He’s gone”, Minzy cried looking at ~~~~~~~ acting this way.

“No! He’s not! He’s not….” The trembling stops and she fell down on the floor. Crying and mourning over Kikwang’s death.

“~~~~~~~~!” Minzy quickly hugged her.

“Minzy-ah… I do everything to wake him up but…but he wouldn’t wake up. Why? Doesn’t he love me anymore?”

“I’ve lost him Minzy-ah…. I have nothing anymore. I’ve lost my everything. How am I supposed to live? I’ve lost my soul, my life, my air, my heart…..I’ve lost him….forever….” The whole room went quiet and cries along with her. I’m sure Kikwang’s crying up there seeing ~~~~~~~ like this. Everyone is…..

 

[End POV]