Chapter 8

Midnight Lovers

Ryeowook growled as he eyed the elder before him. He had left Sungmin to watch after Jongwoon and that other human child Hankyung.

“You have seen it, therefore I know I do not have to repeat myself.”  the elder said earning a nod and a bow of respect from the younger.

“You know better than to interfere, so if you wish to live, don’t disobey.” the elder ordered before disappearing from sight. Ryeowook sighed before ropes of fire burst out from his body streaking the air and ground around him.

Turning, he marched towards the place he felt Sungmin’s presence. Locating the bunny like man was easy, he was watching Jongwoon and Hankyung talk as their masters went over territories.

“We have a problem.” Ryeowook whispered as he eyed Jongwoon, the boy’s blond hair getting to the point of needing a cut.  Sungmin looked over sensing his lover’s unease.

“What is it?” Sungmin asked.

“The future changed, and either way I put it, it does not end well.” Ryeowook explained. Sungmin’s eyes went wide as he focused between his lover and the human.

“So the elders have acted?” Sungmin stated making Ryeowook nod his head.

“Should we tell Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asked as he leaned against his lover.  Ryeowook was silent as he grabbed for his lover’s hand. Some things, he just had to run from no matter what the consequences.

“Let’s go Sungmin, some things are worth saving more than others.” the fire wielder stated dragging his lover away. Sungmin nodded again, but worry etched his face. Something was wrong and he didn’t like it. Once they were out of the castle and in the woods, they stopped and Sungmin turned to cup his lover’s face.

“What has you spooked Wookie?” he asked, his thumbs rubbing gently along the younger’s jaw line. Ryeowook down casted his eyes as he tried to think of how to explain things to his lover.

“Death, it litters the future and I hate it. The elders have made another move and I keep seeing the changes and I am powerless to stop it. Sungmin I can only save one person and Even though I try to see what would happen after each save, it all ends in the death I can’t avoid. Sungmin, Jongwoon has to live.” Ryeowook panicked. Sungmin gently held his lover close to his chest.

“Of course he will live, we will watch over him.” Sungmin smiled making Ryeowook frown.

“Even if he hates us?” the smaller asked making Sungmin nod.

“Even if he hates us, we will keep him alive.” he whispered calming down his lover.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

Kyuhyun sighed as he said his goodbyes to Hankyung and left to return to Kyuhyun’s throne room. The walk was long and filled with the lustful stares of other demons. Those same stares that had haunted him since his arrival here. Ignoring them, he walked forward holding his head up like the royalty Kyuhyun shown when he walked.

“Lost human?” Henry’s voice asked as he appeared beside the boy. Jongwoon tried to ignore him, but the vampire grabbed ahold of his wrist in a bruising grip nearly breaking the bone.

“Leave me alone.” Jongwoon ordered knowing that if harm came to him, death came to the person who had hurt him. A smile crept onto Henry’s face.

“Come with me, I have something you want pet.” Henry cooed, his thumb rubbing against his thin wrist making Jongwoon’s stomach turn. Henry’s teeth became longer as he began dragging Jongwoon down the hall.

“Zhou Mi found your father.” he said making the human freeze. His father?

“Don’t hurt him.” Jongwoon pleaded as Henry loosened his hold on the human.

“I can take you to him, you know let you both speak before we eat him.” Henry said as the human blinked and looked over his shoulder towards Kyuhyun’s chambers. This was his chance, he could fix things with his father.

“Fine,” Jongwoon nodded as he followed easily behind Henry. His heart was skipping in fear. Not because of the vampires that led him, but at seeing his father again after so many years. The amount of lust filled eyes increased the farther he ventured from Kyuhyun’s safety. What if this had been a trap, what if it was all a lie and he had just fallen for it? Could Kyuhyun get to him in time? What about Sungmin, or Ryeowook, could they rescue him?

“We’re here.” Henry said tossing Jongwoon at the ground before him. The woods they were in were dark, only lit by the full moon above. Various murmurs filled the air making Jongwoon rethink his earlier decision to follow.

“What’s going on, where am I?” a drunken yet familiar voice barked out before a thud was heard. Jongwoon blinked as a man was thrown before him. Quickly, he made to uncover the man’s eyes.

“Father!” Jongwoon smiled happy to see the man he called family, the only one he had left. The man glared up at Jongwoon with wild fear filled eyes.

“Who the hell are you, where am I? Where is my family?” the man barked making Jongwoon’s heart drop. His family?

“I’m right here dad, it’s me Jongwoon!” Jongwoon whimpered as he helped the man sit up.

“I have no son by that name, there is only my son Jongjin and his mother.” the man snarled breaking Jongwoon’s heart more.

“Father.” Jongwoon whispered lowering his head as the man was pulled away from him.

“Who goes first?” it was Donghae’s voice that asked.

“Me, I brought the kid so I get first dibs.” Henry replied pulling the man towards him and biting into his neck earning a scream from the man. Jongwoon could only watch as the beautiful creatures turned demonic and fed off his father, the last of his blood, the last of his family.

Returning to the castle was a long and painful one. Jongwoon could not get  the images of those monsters feeding off his father. True he had known they were against the human population, but Kyuhyun had always shielded him from such a barbaric ritual. Did that mean Kyuhyun was just like that? Could his prince really be a monster like them? Of course he could, he was their king. Sungmin always joked about eating him, was that why Kyuhyun kept him so close, so that he could eat him later if he wanted? Fear filled him as he entered the castle. Awaiting him was Hankyung and Kyuhyun, anger sketching the King’s face as he eyed Henry and the others before falling on Jongwoon’s ashened face.

“Hankyung, take Jongwoon to my chambers, I will deal with the others.” Kyuhyun ordered making Hankyung nod and motion for his fellow human to follow him. As they walked away from the group of demons, they passed three elders, their hoods shadowed their faces, but the boys knew they were the targets of their hidden eyes.