Chapter IV

Circus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't tell the people waiting for 'Drawn' that I actually updated this story first... I couldn't help it... ._."

Chapter IV

“The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.”

Aristotle

 

If there is no indication if it’s day or night, then you can rely up to a certain point on your biological clock. I knew that that was true, I was getting sleepy when it was dark outside and I woke up when the sun was shining, well more or less.

And I knew that it was dark outside now, after all, I had entered the circus terrain when it was dark and even though I didn’t exactly knew how long I had been in this dark ‘cabin’, I did know that it could not have been more than a few hours.

For the first hour (or so), I had been crying. I didn’t understand what was going on anymore. Why did the ringleader feel the need to lock me up if I already agreed to join the circus? Confusion and fear were eating me up from the inside, even when I had stopped crying.

When I finally managed to stop crying, I began to crawl through the ‘cabin’. I was trying to find out if there was anything there. I wasn’t exactly sure what I was looking for, a light switch or something which allowed me to break the door, but there was nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean literally nothing. The ‘cabin’ was empty.

Dejected, I sat down in a little corner and brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them. I was trying very hard not to become hysterical. And therefore, I listened to the sounds, there were some low sounds coming from outside but they were so muffled that I had no way of telling what exactly was going on, so instead I focused on sounds that would indicate that there was something inside my ‘cage’.

 

‘CLANG!’ I woke up from a loud sound inside my ‘cage’. I quickly looked at my right and my left, trying to see anything that was out of the place but everything was still so dark that I couldn’t see anything.

“Hello?” I whispered, trying not to startle, whatever was in the ‘cabin’.

“HeELLloO…” I felt goosebumps on my arms when I heard that high-pitched voice. It was like a man was pretending to be a woman but in such a way that it became creepy.

I pressed myself a bit harder against the metal wall, trying to hide from whoever that voice came. I looked anxiously from side to side, trying to find out where the voice came from and I went rigid when I saw three white spots in the dark.

I took a deep breath and bit hard up my under lip, accidently drawing blood. I barely noticed the iron taste in my mouth.

“HeELlLoOo…” ‘BANG!’ Tears build themselves up in my eyes and were on the edge of falling down. It was like those people were banging on purpose against the wall and I automatically moved away from that sound on instinct.

‘BAM!’ The first sound had come from my left so I had moved to the right but this sound came from my right so I moved back to the left.

“hELLoOoOO…” The spots grew bigger and seemed to be the size of an egg now but they were becoming bigger by every word they said and by every noise that they made.

“Get away!” I screamed at them, pressing

Please log in to read the full chapter