XiuHan's Getaway Part 1

Smiling_GabzMe's Writing Corner

 

 

 

Even just a year ago, Luhan would have never thought he would be in this situation, because back then everything was simply perfect.

What happened with the warm afternoons, staying at home, cuddling on the couch intertwining fingers and confessing their love like if there was no tomorrow?
What happened with the romantic details without even a reason, any random day?
What happened with the sincere everyday ‘I love you’ that never lacked before getting out of bed?

Luhan realizes how many things have changed during the past few months.
Xiumin used to be the sweetest guy out there and the feeling after spending even just a moment with him was calmly and delightful.

The discussions started a few months ago, six to be exact.
It’s understandable that any kind of relationship sometimes has misunderstandings, especially after three years and a half living together; but lately, things have been getting worse.
Even a stupid issue like if Luhan squeezed the toothpaste tube in the wrong way was enough for Xiumin to demand a whole explanation.
His boyfriend has always been neat and clean, and Luhan liked it, but now he was starting to feel completely uncomfortable.

He doesn’t want his relationship to end like this. He loves Xiumin and he’s pretty sure the other feels the same way about him but sometimes he wonders why he didn’t accept his father’s offer to go back to China and work for him.
The question, which started as “Why would I need to go?” has now turned into a stressed “Why did I have to stay here?”

It’s hard.
When you watch as the relationship for the one you have rejected and risked so many things is now about to go to the trash just like that. It hurts, and it makes you wonder what you did wrong to now have to deal with such a hurting situation, fighting between the hope and the frustration invading your mind. Wondering if it does really worth all the effort you are putting just to save it, or even worse, if there is really something you still can save.

Luhan doesn’t know how it started. He met Sehun as a simple causality, business hazards, but the gentle young model has been lurking in almost each one of his thoughts.
He feels bad, though, but unintentionally he has even started to compare the way he feels around the younger and his boyfriend, the contrast was shocking.
Sehun is sweet and protective, just like XIumin used to be back then, when they started to date.

They’re are just friends, but the feelings can’t be denied as their friendship becomes more intimate and stronger. Never crossing the line, of course. Luhan knows his limits and even if he likes Sehun, he still loves XIumin over all.

Xiumin is not unaware of the whole situation.
He observes his world falling around, breaking into pieces as he tries to catch them and start all over.
It’s not easy, though. Every time he would try to make something to fix it, the opposite happens.

He’s afraid.
He knows about this new model interested in Luhan, he’s five years younger but so mature and charming that he’s afraid Luhan would decide to leave him just to go with Sehun.
He knows it. If that happens, it would be also his fault, but the truth is he doesn’t know what to do.

One day, it’s a hurtful surprise to XIumin to find a painting in Luhan’s studio.
It’s recently painted and it’s not finished yet. As he observes it, he realizes who the man in the canvas is. It’s Sehun.

He takes a paintbrush, still wet with some of the remaining black paint and he brushes it against the masterpiece. The rage taking over his body pushes him to take the painting and throw it against the wall.
Hearing the noise, Luhan comes into the room to find a total mess and an unrecognizable Xiumin.

“What did you do?!”

He questions before hurrying to pick up his now useless work.

“I’m the one who should be asking you that! What’s wrong with you, Luhan?! Now you cheat on me with a kid?!”
“What are you talking about?! Painting is my work! He paid for it! This paint was going to be auctioned and the money was for charity!”

Xiumin was speechless. He strolled around the room, hands on his head, trying to calm down and find the right words but nothing seemed to be enough.

“Who are you? You are no longer the guy I met five years ago”

Luhan’s words were filled with pain and also hiding a hint of regret.
Xiumin didn’t say a word. He exited the room and noisily closed the door behind him.
The artist stood there, tears rolling down his cheeks as he fell on his knees.

When Xiumin decided to go back to the apartment, a bouquet of Luhan’s favorite flowers in his hand, he realized it was too late.
There was no sign of Luhan in there. His clothes were no longer in the closet as well as his paintbrushes were no longer in his studio.

Luhan was gone.
After six months of remaining silent and trying without success, he had finally taken the decision.
It wasn’t easy. So many things were missing in their relationship lately, but trust was the most important. If Xiumin didn’t trust him anymore, there was nothing else to try.

XIumin found a yellow note on the coffee table:

“I love you but this is the only way”
~Luhan

 

 

 
So...it's been a while since I last updated :s
This is requested by my cutie pie derpcheonsa~ baby! I'm sorry because this took so long, but so many things happened...ugh!
To make it up for the long way, I decided to make not one but two parts for this story...and the second part is halfway done! ^^
Yay! I hope you like this and I found myself shipping XiuHan lately! O: XOXO!