Rule 2: First impressions? DON'T SCREW THEM UP.

College for Dummies: A Guide to Success

Jongin walked into the dance hall and sat down on the floor, hands fidgeting. A blonde man adorned with all sorts of different earings and jewelry stood at the front and ushered everyone in.

"Hello, students! I'm Kim Kibum, your dance theory teacher for this year! You can call me Key or just Kibum. If I hear someone calling me Mr. Kim, I'll fail him or her. Mr. Kim from the singing department is an old ert fart bag and I am not an old ert fart bag," he beamed, "Now, I have a coffee to make, so you all socialize for a few minutes."

Jongin gulped, feeling a diva vibe from this new teacher. A brown haired boy next to him grinned and tapped him.

"Hey, I'm Lee Moonkyu, Dance minor and Korean literature major," he whispered, "Don't worry about Key, he's usually like this. He and Mr. Kim have some kind of past that everyone is too scared to ask about."

"Yeah, I figured." Jongin laughed, relaxing.

The student sitting behind Moonkyu joined them. His eyes disappeared into cresents as he grinned.

"I heard that they were auditioned for the same company, but only one of them made it in," he said quietly, "Can't imagine who. Mr. Kim's pretty awesome at singing, but Key dances like a god."

The boy turned to Jongin and held out his hand.

"I'm Lee Taemin, Dance and Vocals double major." he greeted.

Jongin shook his hand and grinned back at the both of them.

"I'm Kim Jongin. I'm a Dance major and Business minor."

Moonkyu halted.

"Are you related to Kim Joonmyeon? I heard he had a brother coming in this class." he asked.

The other nodded slowly and Taemin laughed, clapping his back.

"Wow...Good luck. His Frat is the most notorious on campus!" he explained, "Apparently, the vice president, Wu Kris, and his sidekick, Huang Zitao, are the scariest people ever! I heard even the headmaster bows down to them!"

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yeah! ...You're not an Omega Frat member...right?" Moonkyu asked, raising his eyebrows.

Jongin laughed nervously.

"I am. 'Guess I'm screwed."

 

~

 

After class, Moonkyu and Taemin waved goodbye to the unlucky Kim and went their separate ways. Jongin stood outside the Performing Arts building, waiting for the guide his brother promised. A short, slightly childish-looking boy came up to him.

"Are you Kim Jongin?" he asked.

The other nodded.

"You must be an Omega member," he said, "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Kim Minseok, but everyone calls me Xiumin. Pre-med major and Chinese Lit. minor. I'm a close upperclassman of Joonmyeon's," Xiumin greeted, smiling widely, "Are you excited to meet the others?"

"More nervous than excited. I've heard some...interesting things about them."

The elder laughed.

"Don't worry, most of us are nice."

Jongin looked at the other.

"Most, huh?"

"Yep, most. Some of the members don't understand the concept of politeness. If any of them are a little rude, don't mind it. It's just how they are."

"Are a lot of them like that?" the dance major asked as he was led to the end of the campus.

"We have a few trolls here and there," Xiumin laughed, "They love pranking."

"I see."

 

~

 

Jongin was led to the front of a large 3-story house.

"Woah!" he gasped, "This place is huge!"

Xiumin grinned and pat the other's back.

"Your brother did an awesome job renovating Omega's dorm. Wanna head in?"

Jongin nodded eagerly as Xiumin opened the front door and showed him into the building.

"Your room is on the 2nd floor, first door to the right. I don't think your roommate is here yet." he explained.

The younger grinned and waved to Xiumin as he climbed the stairs.

"Thanks! I'll be going, see you!" he called.

Jongin quickly walked to the door and breathed in deeply before opening the door and freezing afterwards.

"Oh...um...Sorry," he coughed at the half boy in front of him, "I...er..."

"Didn't knock?" the blonde asked, slipping on a shirt, "Yeah, I guessed as much."

The tall boy accidentally flashed a bloody bandage on his stomach and Jongin gasped.

"Are you okay? Do you need help?" he asked as he approached the other.

The stranger glared at Jongin and pushed past him.

"Mind your own business." he spat.

Jongin stepped away, flinching when the door was slammed. His eyes turned spotted a tattered notebook on the other's bed and he picked it up carefully, reading the name on the cover.

"Huang Zitao."