done!

Observations

i tried ok

 

She doesn’t know much, that’s an assured fact, but she’s new so she gets to get away with it. She lags behind all the rest on her first day of school and nobody takes much notice of her because it’s a high school with so many kids and so many different types of people that if there’s one odd person out, nobody’s going to acknowledge it.

                She got her time table early yesterday morning when she came with her parents to check out the school, and now she takes it out to check what her first period class is. It’s homeroom, like that wasn’t obvious enough, and she stops a bit to check her bag before lugging herself off to the classroom assigned to her.

                Honestly, she’s tired of all the moving and all the shifting and the adjusting and the making of new friends that she’s just given up entirely. She learns to distance herself from the entire school in just one day, her entire class in just one hour, and the people surrounding her in a record of a few minutes.

                She sits back and relaxes, trying to figure out what the new day has in store for her. There shouldn’t be anything new, nothing that she isn’t aware of, but she’s still paranoid because in all the last schools she’s been in, trouble always ensued its way towards her and she couldn’t have any sort of say about it.

                The first thing she sees when she lifts her head up is a boy coming in from the door, his head shifted to the side as if he’s waiting for somebody to come in – and sure enough, another boy nearly the same height comes rushing in with a wide grin on his face and a carton of milk in hand.

                They mutter something to each other, and then she hears somebody from behind her scream, “MYUNG, OVER HERE!”

                It’s interesting, because the last time she checked, ‘Myung’ was a name reserved for a single person. So she keeps her eye on the two boys, and sees the one with the milk carton raise his eyebrows and point at his chest as if saying Me?

                She doesn’t want to seem too obvious that she’s watching her new classmates, so she doesn’t turn around to look at the boy that had shouted from behind her. From deductive reasoning though, she assumes that the screamer nodded and ushered him over.

                From her seat, she sees the first boy – the taller one, though not by so much – push him over and mouth something along the lines of you go.

                For a split second, she expects the boy with the milk carton to nod and walk past her to the empty seat next to the screamer behind her (and, she admit, since he was pretty good looking she kinda did want to catch a slight glimpse of him), but he did something that she hadn’t expected at all.

                Instead, he turns to the back of the first boy and opens his arms to latch himself onto the taller boy’s back, who let out a little “Ah!” screech that she can hear from her seat above the rest of the chatter in the class. He holds the opening of the milk carton to his friend’s lips and forces him to take a drink, then settles it down on the teacher’s desk – all while keeping his hands on the first boy’s.

                She’s shocked for a minute, but then that slowly fades when she realizes that everybody else all around her treats the scene as if it’s nothing (and it’s not, she reminds herself, because they’re probably just boys playing around, right?). From behind her, the screamer scoffs and she hears him say, “Why did I ever think he was going to do anything different?”

                The taller boy is then forced to drag himself, along with the other, to his seat – which is the one in the top left corner – and seats himself down. The “Myung” boy lets go to sit down on the ground, on the left of his friend’s seat, turn his body around, and lay his head in the other’s lap.

                She watches carefully from the corner of her eye, trying not to bring attention to herself, as the seated one slowly caresses Myung’s hair. She can see their faces break out into grins, and from her seat she can only assume that they’re laughing about something.

                Her attention is taken away from them when a middle-aged man, though slightly balding, comes into the classroom with two textbooks in hand and a long metric ruler in the other. He closes the door with a slam and the entire class shuts up.

                She’s still looking at the pair though, and they haven’t moved from their position. She wonders if Myung’s neck hurts at all from being tilted at a ninety degree angle looking up at his friend and at the ceiling.

                The teacher, however, decides to clear his throat and walk over to his desk, taking clear notice that the other two in the corner of the classroom aren’t taking any heed of him. She notices a slight amused smile on his face and figures out that hey, maybe he isn’t going to scream at them.

                And he doesn’t, though he somewhat does. The teacher picks up the almost empty milk carton from his desk and throws it into the trash can with perfect aim, then turns his attention back to the other two.

                “Myungsoo, back to your seat,” he directs, pointing at a seat that was right beside where she is sitting. “And Sungyeol, I hope you did your homework. Your parents aren’t going to appreciate another call home from me.”

                Sungyeol, who she assumes to be the one sitting down, shrugs casually and says, “I guess I did it, but I’m not too sure if it’s all correct.”

                “You never take your time doing it, but at least you did it,” the teacher sighs, walking around to the back of his desk.

                Myungsoo, she observes, takes his own sweet time picking up his bags and belongings before standing up and giving Sungyeol a peck on the cheek.

                This time she can’t help but hold in her shock, and bluntly gapes at the publicly in front of the entire class. She guesses that it’s pretty obvious because the girl sitting to her left leans in and whispers, “I see you’ve had your eye on Myungsoo the entire morning period – he’s taken though, sorry. Him and Lee Sungyeol, you see, they’re kinda a thing.”

                She wants to lean over and whisper, You don’t think I can’t see that?! but she doesn’t. Instead, she just furrows her eyebrows, nods, scrunches up her nose, and says, “It was kinda expected.”

                The girl beside her is about to reply but then is cut off by a pink paper airplane whizzing over her head. She turns the direction of where the airplane is going and sees that it was thrown by Sungyeol, and when she looks to her right, and sees that Myungsoo’s already situated and had caught the airplane before it hit the ground.

                Up close, she sees, he’s a lot more gorgeous than she’d expected him to be. Sure, he’s taken, but it wasn’t like she couldn’t admire him or something.

                She slyly leans over to read the love letter (oh c’mon, it’s pink, what was the only thing it could be?) and sees that it says ‘I made your favorite for lunch ♥ meet me outside later, okay? youryeollie<3’.

                She wants to cringe because it’s so God damn cheesy but she can’t, seeing the bright little smile that appears on Myungsoo’s face. He’s too infatuated with the piece of paper to notice that she was reading behind his ear, so she quietly sits back into her seat just in time for the teacher to pass out some worksheets to start.

                Her eye line turns back to Sungyeol, who she then realizes is too smitten with watching the all-too adorable Myungsoo reading his letter that he also didn’t take notice to her reading along the lines.

                They’re probably the cutest couple she’s ever seen in any of the schools that she’s been to, she decides, even if they’re slightly different than any other couple she’s seen.

 

The next period went by quite strangely for her, a big blur to be quite honest. For her athletics, she had either choice to do colorgaurd or dance, but since she was too uncoordinated to throw flags and fake rifles around, she thought that dance would’ve been the better choice for her.

                Oh how she was wrong. Since dance season had just recently started, they were still holding tryouts and she honestly hadn’t realized that they needed to have a routine ready in hand, and she didn’t realize that they needed to know how to dance either. She just thought it was a class full of simple twirls and random jumps and those little things, not all this flipping and spinning and hip-ing and pelvis-catching and arm swaying. What was this even? She was only human, and this was clearly  not humanely possible.

                She notices Sungyeol and Myungsoo are in the class too, but they’re sitting in the corner on a chair with Myungsoo holding open a water bottle for Sungyeol to drink some (she outwardly cringes but inwardly sequels). They’re both already wearing dance uniforms with their names sewed onto the top left corner, so she figures that they’re already on the dance team and there was no need for them to try out.

                Beside them are two other guys sitting on the ground, one with short black hair with his back turned to her, so she couldn’t see his face, and another one leaning against the wall. The one facing her has light colored hair, almost the same as Sungyeol but a tinge darker. From where she’s standing, she can see that his eyes are actually smaller than average, but she can’t tell if that’s they usually are or if it’s because he’s giggling like a girl in love from what the other’s saying.

                There’s another kid sitting in the corner who’s as skinny as a stick and combing his hair with his fingers and for a second, she contemplates going over there to sit and talk with him, but then decides against it. Instead, she stands back and observes the class from her position.

                In the front, there are two boys who are clearly the club leaders with their different-colored uniforms and the fact that they were expertly dancing for everybody to watch. They’re both slightly short, but still decently tall and good-looking. The first has a really bright smile, she notices, and a very interesting colored hair that’s a mix of light pink and dirty blonde-light brown. She can see that he’s just dancing for the fun of it, moving to no particular choreography, and just getting everything out of life he can.

                The other one is much more concentrated, dancing to every position possible and to every corner possible. He’s not showing off – anything but that – but rather trying to prove something to himself. He’s not insecure either, she tells herself, but just trying to confirm with himself that he can do the moves without help.

                She just stays frozen and watches the two for a second, the two who are so out of sync and dancing to so many different types of dances but just fit together so well until the second one, the one with regular brown hair and a masculine jaw line, glances up at the first and freezes up for a moment.

                This was what she was waiting for; when everything decided to change just for the fun of it. She watches as the second decides to stumble on his carefully-planned choreography and she winces just because it’s so obvious that he was faking it.

                She concludes that the one that just stopped, the second one, is a better dancer though he’s not quite the talker. The first rushes over and tries asking what happened, or what was wrong, all while the music is still blasting.

                Everybody’s too into their own things to realize the two up front, but obviously, seeing as she can’t legit dance for her life, she has nothing to do but stand in the back and stare at the them.

                The second one, the one that “fell” (please put major quotes around that word, she tells her mind), blushes a dark shade of red and just smiles, insisting that he’s okay, but he doesn’t persuade the other to go back to his spot.

                It’s a quite thought-out plan because the first one, the one with the really big smile, doesn’t leave and stays by the second’s side. He wraps a reassuring arm around the other’s waist and pats him there for a second before letting go and turning to the class, and that’s when she sees their nametags.

                The first one, the one with the colorful hair, has Jang Dongwoo sewn on it and the other one has Lee Howon, though on the other side there’s a piece of manila masking tape that has a messily-written Hoya written on it and taped to his shirt.

                “EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!” Dongwoo shouts, clapping. The entire class becomes quiet and she sees the skinny kid sitting in the corner by himself reach out and turn off the stereo.

                “Thanks,” Howon, Hoya, whatever he wanted to be called, says.

                “Okay, hi!” Dongwoo cheerfully says, waving excitedly before walking up to the white board behind him and picking up a green maker. “My name is Jang – Dongwoo –“

                And as he says it, he writes his name in big letters, covering nearly a quarter of the entire board. She stares at it, then realizes it’s the same handwriting as the one on the Hoya tape.

                “I’m Lee Howon,” the other says, standing still with his hands behind his back as he lifts up the right side of his lip. “You can call me Hoya, though.”

                The entire class, quiet, blinks back and nods. The two standing in the front stand in a straight line together and Dongwoo says, “We’re the head of the our school’s only all-male hip-hop dance crew, and I’m glad you can join us for tryouts today!”

                If she thought she was frozen before, now she’s completely still, looking around the entire class. Then she realizes, this is an all-male’s hip-hop dance crew.

                Well. That assures that she’s never coming back.

                But I still did learn something new about these people, she thinks as she keeps her eyes to the front where Dongwoo and Hoya are standing too close to be considered just dance partners.

 

The next schedule for her afterwards is actually snack, and she does everything she possibly can not to fall into self-inflicted pressure and follow the seven around.

                (The seven being Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo, and the other three that she had yet to discover.)

                She was never really a strong person against herself, though, so she does end up subtly walking behind them as they go out to the grass fields together. They’re actually quite loud, so she’s able to catch little snippets of their conversation.

                “I mean, it’s so stupid and I honestly don’t want to do any of it but obviously that’s not possible.” It’s Sungyeol talking, and now she can see Myungsoo lean over to pat his boyfriend on the opposite shoulder.

                “It’s your fault, you know,” Hoya comments, snorting as he takes a swing of his water bottle. “If you can’t compete in the dance competition with the rest of our school, you’re to blame.”

                “If Yeollie isn’t doing it,” Myungsoo says, “then I’m not either.”

                “Well then obviously we have to get Sungyeol to finish his science project,” one of the guys that she has yet to be introduced to pipes up.

                “I’m not finishing it, fyi, it takes like four months to and I only have four days,” Sungyeol counters.

                “You can take mine,” the one standing at the edge says. “I made it last year and I doubt they remember it. Just white out my name and put yours in.”

                And with that, Sungyeol’s face brightens up, which leads Myungsoo’s face to brighten up, and then the entire group’s smiling altogether.

                As she backs into tree corner to stop herself from following them any more, she grins to herself. They really are a tight knit group of friends, from the six minutes she’s observed them for.

 

Her third period class is actually her elective, and for some God-knows-why reason, she had chosen ASB. Actually, she hadn’t even chosen it on her own free will. Her parents had made her, because it would “look good on her college application”.

                There isn’t too many kids when she arrives in the ASB room (they have their own room, was that even allowed?) and from where she’s standing, she can see that most of them are doing their homework. They’re all quiet though, not talking and discussing like a usual ASB class should have been doing.

                She squeaks into an empty chair in the left corner, trying not to make too much noise. There’s that boy again, the skinny one from the dance class she was never going back to, sitting right next to her.

                As she lays down her bag, she glances over at what he’s doing and sees the math equations and deduces it from there. He’s writing on the paper, and when she leans closer to the other side she can see that he has a silver ring on his middle left finger.

                It’s a couple ring, she figures out, with a tiny heart at the side with an H engraved on it.

                She’s not disappointed – okay fine, she’s only slightly disappointed. He was the only one of the seven left that wasn’t paired up with a guy, and she was hoping…well, hopes are useless dreams anyways.

                “Can I help you?”

                She snaps her neck up at the rudely asked question, and finds that the boy is actually looking at her, glaring through sharp, cat-like eyes. He obviously doesn’t like to be interrupted.

                “Oh, uh…” she stammers a bit, but scoots to be fully back onto her chair. “I, uh, was wondering what we’re supposed to be doing…’cause I’m new and everything…”

                He gives her an eye roll and drops his pencil, replying with, “We’re waiting for the president and vice-president to come. They’re always late anyways, so we learned to accommodate.”

                She’s about to ask what accommodate means, but decides against it because he already thinks she’s stupid anyways.

                “Oh. Well. Uh…who’s the president and vice president, then?”

                “Didn’t you say you were new?” he asks in a quite annoyed tone. “It’s probably in the packet for new kids. Kim Sunggyu’s the prez and Nam Woohyun’s the vp.”

                He turns to her and shakes a bit of hair away from his eyes, then continues on. “All the board members aren’t here yet, but I’m Lee Sungjong, the secretary. Kim Myungsoo’s the treasurer and Lee Sungyeol’s the activities coordinator. But we learned not to wait up for Myungsoo or Sungyeol either, they’re probably making out in the bathroom or something.”

                “Oh,” she says in a quiet voice, because honestly she hadn’t expected the three of them to be in such high positions (she had yet to figure out who ‘Sunggyu’ and ‘Woohyun’ were). And the other two, Dongwoo and Hoya, were club presidents at it.

                “Yeah,” Sungjong says back, giving his hair another flip. “If that’s all, I’ll be returning to my homework.”

                “Thanks,” she tells him quietly, though she isn’t all too sure he hears her.

                But she isn’t forced to be bored any longer because in come four guys, the first two she recognizes as the ones who were sitting on the ground in the dance floor. The guy with the black hair that had been sitting with his back to her has his face shown now, and she deems him very good-looking.

                The other two trailing are no other than Myungsoo and Sungyeol, and they immediately take positions right behind Sungjong without making a sound.

                “Hello everybody, I’m Kim Sunggyu,” the one with the light-brown hair says. “I’m your president and ASB’s leader.”

                “I don’t get why we have to do this every time,” she hears either Sungyeol and Myungsoo say from the back. “I mean, it’s not like there’s different people here.”

                “Just shh before hyung can hear you,” the other one that isn’t the one that talked before replies.

                (Sue her, she couldn’t tell their voices apart.)

                “I’m Nam Woohyun!” the black-haired one half screams, coming around the desk that had been placed in the front to sit on the edge. “VP!”

                “Lee Sungjong, secretary,” Sungjong speaks up from his spot, not even looking up from his desk as he took a yellow notebook out of his backpack.

                From behind, a voice says, “Kim Myungsoo, treasurer.”

                Then another. “Lee Sungyeol, activities coordinator.”

                “You guys are so boring,” Woohyun says, sticking out his tongue. She can’t help but hold her hand up to , trying to stop the giggles from being audible. “Why are you so lifeless today?”

                Sunggyu rolls his eyes and comes up front, standing beside the spot where Woohyun was sitting. “On other terms, Sungyeol-ah. What do you have planned for this month?”

                She watches as the entire class turns their head to where Sungyeol is sitting, and she follows suit, looking behind. Sungyeol nudges Myungsoo’s head off of his shoulder and clears his throat, standing up as his boyfriend, who remains sitting, hands him a folded piece of lined paper.

                “Well,” Sungyeol starts, scanning the paper slowly, “Woohyun hyung wanted to have another dance, so I figured, why not? It’s nearly June anyways, so we can have, like, a late-night dance and call it ‘The June Moon’ or something like that. I’m not too sure – I still have to look more into it.”

                The entire class murmurs their opinions and turn their heads back to the president, who nods understandingly.      

                “Woohyun?” Sunggyu asks, looking to his right. “Good enough for you?”

                “You mean is it good enough for you?” Woohyun asks, leaning over to wrap his arms behind the president’s. “Because you’re gonna be my date and everything. So you better be satisfied with it.”

                Before she can get off her initial shock that they’re together, Sungyeol mutters from behind, “What’re they even talking about? I’m the one planning everything, so the satisfaction should go towards me. Goodness gracious.”

                “Aw, Nam!” a voice from across the room in the front shouts.

                “Gyu hyung has to have the best everything,” Woohyun says, a cheeky grin coming up. “So make this a huge dance, Yeol. And I want me and Gyu’s faces on the wall, reallyyyyy big!”

                Before anybody in the class can laugh, even her, Sunggyu elbows the side of Woohyun’s stomach.

“Stop making an embarrassment out of yourself, geez.”

                She doesn’t manage to stifle back her next laugh as she glances between all of them. This was cute. They were all really cute, if she was going to be honest (and she was).

                “Oh, we have a new member!” Sunggyu declares out of nowhere when he hears her, looking over at her direction – which then leads the entire rest of the classroom to look at her.

                This wasn’t supposed to happen, no, no, no is the only thing she can currently think, focusing her eyes everywhere but at the two people in front of the room.

                “Sungjong-ah, you’re sitting right next to her and you didn’t notice?” Woohyun chides, walking towards the desk she shared with Sungjong.

                “She’s just another person, geez,” Sungjong rolls his eyes. “No big deal.”

                “Just because Hwayoung moved doesn’t mean you can be an to every girl you see,” one of the two say in the back. “Hey, you’re in my period one class, right? What’s your name?”

                “Yeah, greet everybody,” the other voice from behind her says.

                She looks up meekly, letting out the most horrific shy grin that her muscles have never been in control of. “Hi?”
 

 

 

 

it's 1:13 am rn and i have to wake up early tomorrow ugh what did i dooooooooo

terrible ending because idk THERE IS NO ENDING