three.

Spring goes, Summer came.

 

 

c h o r o n g ;

“How are you feeling?” I stirred from my bed as I heard a voice, bringing the pillow above my head.  

“Chorong. Wake up.” I groaned and turned my body to the other side.

“Come on, wake up for me, please.” I felt my body lightly bounced as he sat down at the edge of the bed.

“Aren’t you going to welcome your fiancé back?” This time, I shot up and threw the pillow towards him but caught it just in time.

“If you would just give me more time and I would gladly welcome you back.” He playfully raised a brow and wraps his strong arms around me before plopping back down on the bed.

“Fine.” His voice came as a whisper through my ears and I was gradually heating up from the close proximity between us, in my bed. But then, I felt his fingers ascending to my sides.

I glared at him. “Don’t you dare.”

He stuck his tongue out and tickles my side. I started laughing endlessly.

“You could’ve at least locked the door, Woohyun.” We immediately pulled away from each other and looked over to the owner of the voice.

Woohyun, my fiancé, smiled then chuckled towards him. “Sorry, Sunggyu hyung.”

 

s u n g g y u ;

It’s nice having him back. It’s nice seeing him taking good care of Chorong. But it wasn’t nice that I’ve been troubled by this aching pain in my heart again. I have mastered a lot of things since I was young by professionals around the globe and that doesn’t exclude pretending. It hurts to be pretending most of the time but if by doing this makes the other person happy, I guess it was worth the sacrifice.

I didn’t know I was lost in trance once I’ve felt a ball hit my left arm. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from yelping in pain, but I guess my expression did no good but worry the person coming towards me.

“I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY!” She bowed a lot of times before checking up my arm. “We should go to the infirmary.”

I shot her a look and she cringed. “No need. It’s just a bump.”

She shook her head violently and held my hand with no hesitation. Does she even know who I am? “We should go to the infirmary.” She said again, stubbornly.

The nurse gave us or specifically me a bag of ice for a cold compress. Once I’ve settled it against my skin, I winced from the coldness at first and relaxed later.

There were minutes of silence, until she spoke again. “I’m really sorry.” She had her head down while playing with her fingers nervously.

“Yah.” As she shot her head up, I placed the ice pack over his forehead. She screamed and I laughed.

 

w o o h y u n ;

It felt surreal to be with her again after a year. She had grown a bit taller and her hair longer than before. I guess she didn’t cut an inch once I’ve told her that I love her hair. I lightly laughed at myself. She looks at me with those curious eyes and I can’t help but letting go of her hands and wraps my arms around her waist. She giggled and I smiled.

“You know, public display of affection is against of the school rules.”

I breathe in the sweet scent of her hair as we continued walking again but this time like a penguin with me behind her. “You know that I’ve always love breaking the rules.” I confessed and give her a quick peck on the cheek.

She steps on my right foot hard and I pulled away, clutching it in pain. I noticed how red her face like a tomato is and once she turned her head around, it disappears. I followed her gaze and it was Sunggyu hyung with a girl who seems to be in one of our class either.

It made me think that Chorong’s admiration about him hasn’t faded yet. It might take a while for all of those moments they’ve shared to each other to be put aside. It saddens me but I ignored it perfectly.

“Let’s go, let me treat you some chicken feet.” I held her hand and we walked away together.