Hanging Out

She's My Princess

AMBER’s POV

 

In our whole afternoon class, Jessica has been staring at me. I don’t know why but somehow what she is doing is making me feel uncomfortable. I sigh in relieved when finally, our class had end. I got up on my chair and grab my bag. I can feel her eyes on me so I turn to her.

 

“I have practice today too so you can go home ahead of me.” I said to her and she look away.

 

“I don’t like to go home alone.” she stated which made me raised my brows.

 

“Isn’t Donghae-hyung walking you home?” I questioned her.

 

“Why would he do that?” she asked me while looking confused.

 

“Well, I just thought that he will.” I answered and laugh awkwardly.

 

“I will wait for you until you finish your practice.” She said and got up from her seat.

 

She grabs her bag and hand it to me. I carried her bag for her and I think she’s planning to come with me in the game and wait for me until the end of our practice. She clings to me when we walk on our way there. I think Yuri will be happy to see her watching our game.

 

“Yul, stop waving on Amber’s cousin. She’s completely ignoring you.” Taeyeon said to him and scoffed.

 

“Shut up, shorty.”Yuri retorted and we just laugh on them.

 

“Donghae-hyung is hitting on her too, right Am?” Key stated which I think caught Yuri’s attention.

 

“What did you say, blondie?” Yuri asked him as he swings his arm around Key and locked it.

 

“Our schoolmates saw them hanging with each other in the nearby café yesterday.” Minho stated and scoffed.

 

“Jonghyun, does your brother likes my Jessica?”Yuri questioned Jonghyun who just arrived in the gym.

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun questioned looking puzzled.

 

“Aish! I’ll tell that Dino to back off. I set my eyes on Jessica first!”Yuri said annoyingly.

 

“But she doesn’t like you, Yul.” Taemin stated which made him earned Yuri’s glare.

 

“What did you say, Taemin?”Yuri asked him with stern voice and force smile which made Taemin looked nervous.

 

“Nothing, Hyung.”Taemin said with a nervous smile.

 

“I will make this Llama’s cousin, fall for me!”Yuri remarked as he swings his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to his side. He flashed his big grin to us and we just smiled back on him.

 

We start our practice and Yuri has been showing off to Jessica. But I think the Ice Princess got bored because later on, she fell asleep on the bleachers. Yuri looked disappointed about it and he was teased by our teammates. I walk over to Jessica after I took a shower and changed back in my uniform.

 

“Sica, wake up.”I said to her as I lightly shake her body.

 

She slowly got up and rubbed her eyes before she looked at me. Seeing what she did made me think that she sometimes act like a kid.

 

“I’m still sleepy.” she said to me groggily.

 

“You can continue to sleep once we get back home.” I answered her.

 

I said my goodbye to my friends when we met up in our school gate. They said their goodbye to her too but she just looked at them with blank expression on her face. I think she is picky in befriending males. I think she only talks to the one she likes or something like that.

 

“Amber.” She called my name.

 

“Hmmm?” I hummed as I glance on her.

 

“I’m hungry.” she replied.

 

“Er…let’s drop by in the café.” I said to her and it draws a smile on her face and nodded her head.

 

We head in the café and we ordered some cakes and smoothies. I remembered what I had seen yesterday and it reminds me about her coming date with Donghae-hyung. I think Hyung is harmless so his possibility of being frozen by her is less.

 

“Donghae told me that we will go out this Saturday.” Sica said to me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“Oh! Well, have fun on that day.”I told her with a smile and she just stared on me.

 

“But, I want you to come with us.” she stated which made my smile to fade and looked back at her. “Come on the date with me.” she continued.

 

I scratch the back of my head as I broke our eye contact. I don’t think Hyung won’t like it if I tag along with them. I need to find a valid excuse for Sica not to get upset if I refused her invitation.

 

“Uhm, I would love to come with you but, I have a basketball practice on that day.”I said to her with an apologetic smile.

 

She looked disappointed on what I said to her but she just nodded her head in understanding. I’m glad that she believed me.

 

“You won’t hang out with Suzy while I’m not around with you, right?”she questioned me which made me look again to her.

 

“Huh?” I questioned her with raised brows.

 

“I don’t want you to hang alone with her.”she told me.

 

“Why?” I asked her with furrowed brows. I don’t know why she’s suddenly telling this to me.

 

“It made me feel something heavy in my chest every time I see you with her.” she said timidly which made my face feels warm.

 

I didn't expect that she got jealous of Suzy.