Kirin

He's Back

I’d been lucky, since that Tablo guy could speak Korean. Well I was a bit deceived by his name, so it was a real relief when he answered in Korean. I had told him about Sojin and that she’d given me his business card.

Though he hadn’t asked so much, not more than my name and how old I was before he asked if we could meet up at his office on Friday August 27 at 6.30PM, which was today.

The address to where his office was printed on the business card that Sojin had given me three days ago. I had to look on a subway map in order to find which train I was suppose to take to arrive at the right station; Seokchon. It meant that I had to change in Jamsil and then ride one station on line 8.

I had dressed myself in a sleeveless light pink chiffon dress with floral prints on that ended on my mid tights and then a white cropped jacket over since it was really hot outside. My always so straight long black hair had I curled into curls, though I’d left my bangs the way they where and then put on a small hair band and then also applied some light make-up, with that meaning mascara, blusher and lip-gloss. Hopefully I would look presentable.

Though I had no idea what my expectations where, because this sort of thing have never happened to me. What if it was just a misunderstanding, maybe all he wanted to do was to talk.

*Maybe Sojin meant that I was going to play piano in front of him and then he’d tell me what his thoughts are. Ugh maybe I was the one getting everything wrong* I murmured inside my head and mentally slapped myself for having too high expectations.

“This must be it” I glanced at the fabulous looking building in front of my eyes. The walls where in stone or some kind of material that gave the impression of stone, the huge windows smeared on the ‘expensive’ feeling as I took notice of a man standing outside the door, if it weren’t for that I found it weird for someone to wear a beanie in this warmth then I’d probably not noticed him.

“Excuse me” I beamed a bit embarrassed as I saw how he looked up from under his beanie.

“Yeh?”

I glanced down on the small piece of paper I was holding in my hands and then looked up on the stranger as I mouthed out the name Tablo and then asked him if he knew someone here whose name was Tablo. It didn’t take many seconds before the person in front of me to light up in a small smile before he introduced himself as Tablo.

“Seo Mi Yeon sshi?” he asked as he stepped down from the porch and walked up to me as I replied that I was indeed Seo Mi Yeon. He stretched out his hand and so did I before our hands touched in a handshake which to me was a bit weird, since in Korea you bowed to each other instead of taking each other’s hands.

“So should we get started” he said as he motioned for me to fallow after him. “Oh I almost forgot, I have some friends coming over, one of them is celebrating his birthday, and I hope that’s okay?” he suddenly uttered. “Its okay” I smiled weakly. Well it wasn’t like they would bother me.

As we entered the building and walked past different kinds of rooms I could only gawk, one of the rooms was a whole recording room, another a piano room where a huge piano was standing and then other rooms with different kinds of instruments.

“I want to talk to you before we hit the piano, okay” he ordered me inside a room with a desk, shelves filled with binders and then a few chairs was placed in the middle of the room with a table placed in between.

“Sit”

I did as he told and sat myself down on the leather sofa as he sat down at his desk as he started to shuffle around with some papers before he stood up and brought them with me. “I want you to take a look at this”
The papers, they looked like some sort of contract. I picked them up and started reading. Indeed, it was a contract. He must’ve seen my face as I stared at the papers because he laughed a bit. “Don’t get too excited, I want to listen to you first before we sign the contract. I just wanted you to have a look on it and see what you think” he explained as I looked up from the papers and stared at him. He didn’t seem to lie about this. I nodded my head in reply and told him that everything seemed fare.

“Great” he smiled and then said that we could go to the piano room since he wanted to listen to me playing. I agreed and stood up before fallowing after him yet again. As we stepped inside the room I smiled widely. The piano itself was a Fazioli, one of the most expensive brands to make pianos. It was a handmade piano that cost a fortune.

“Can I really touch that?” I asked dumbstruck, seriously if I where to destroy it, I would ever be able to repay the costs of buying a new one. A low laugh rang in my ears before a yes escaped his lips and I snapped my head around, not believing that he would actually let me use it.

Nervously I placed myself down on the chair in front of the piano before I gently put my fingers on the shinning white keys. “Mm, can I use my own notes?” I wondered as I was about to bend down and pick up my own notes, but stopped mid-track. In case he wanted me to play something he had written.

“Sure”

And with that I took out my notes and lightly placed down in front of me as I put my fingers back on the piano as I carefully started to play. I let my fingers dance over the keys as I put as much of my own emotions into the song. My focus was on top because I wanted to show him my best.

After ending I placed my hands down in my lap and waited for Tablo to say something, but he was even quieter than Sojin had been. And this time, it was even more bothersome since I barely knew this man. And out of nowhere he suddenly picked down a binder from the shelve that was standing next to him before he handed over a paper and told me to play it. I wanted to laugh at the piece he had picked; it wasn’t really what I’d expected.

It was Run Devil Run by SNSD.

“Hm, are you sure you want me to play this? It’s not that hard” I murmured nervously, but it was true, that song wasn’t really hard to play. “I want you to sing to it” a smile appeared on his lips as I blinked my eyes at him.

“Sing?” I cried, I’d never sung seriously in my whole life, I didn’t really see singing in the shower as ‘singing’ because it was just play. “I can’t sing” I pouted and hung my shoulders a bit, since the last thing I wanted to do was to humiliate myself.

“Try”

I let out a sigh before I did as he told me, I began to play the SNSD song as I slowly started to sing along, and ugh I sounded horrible. Well I hadn’t sung in front of anyone before and I weren’t too confident with my voice, which I think showed because he told me to stop.

“One more time, and relax. Just let your voice come out naturally as you play”

*Easy for him to say* I muttered but neither less I tried again, though this time I did as he told me to, I tried to relax and let my voice flow out as it came. As I sung and played a second time I couldn’t deny that it actually was easier after he told me to relax. Maybe it wasn’t that bad after all.

After I finished he stared at me with a smirk before he opened his mouth and asked me if I still wanted to sign the contract. I swiftly nodded my head in approval. Of course I wanted to.

Half an hour later I’d signed the contract and was now talking to Tablo, I asked him more specific what my job was going to be, when someone knocked on the door. “Come in” Tablo shouted before the door opened and I stared at the boys invading the small office.

“Your job will be to write songs to these guys”

I snapped my head around so that I was looking at Tablo again, my mouth wide open. “I’m going to write sons for Infinite?” I was now staring at the Infinite boys, or more like one of them, Howon. But he was occupied with talking to one of the guys.

“You again” I shifted my gaze from Howon to the person who’d spoken and noticed that it was jackass who had done so. “Yes, me again” I snapped back as I then took quick glances on the other boys.

“Oh, Kirin” I laughed and pointed at the tall guy who let me inside their apartment last week, I think his name was Sung Yeol. I heard how some of the members started to laugh while Sung Yeol himself pouted and slapped one of the guys over the head.

~~

Kirin means giraffe in Korean, and thus her nickname for Sung Yeol, because he is so much taller than her. Hehe had to include SNSD, because I love that group X3