Chapter 5: Coincidence

Unexpected Yet Wonderful


 

Coincidence

 

 

68f1acf9jw1dom9attr0kj.jpg

cr: yoonyul.com

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoona?!” a girl said, eyes wide open.

 

 

“Yuri?!” another girl said in a higher tone.

 

 

YoonYul both stood frozen and wide-eyed, staring at the ones who just called them.

 

 

“What are they doing here?” Yoona thought. She tightened her grip onto Yuri’s hand, nervous as her cousin and soon to be cousin-in-law eyed her from head to toe while smirking.

 

“What are they doing here? And how did they even know Yoona? Aiiisssshhhh!” Yuri thought. Sensing Yoona’s discomfort, she let her free hand reach onto their intertwined hands. She faced Yoona which the latter responded by looking up and gave her a heartwarming smile, hoping to ease Yoona’s nervousness. She gently leaned closer onto Yoona’s ears and whispered, “Don’t worry baby, they’re my best friends. I’ll introduce you to them but it seems like you also have some explaining to do.”

 

 

“Aigoo, Yuri was so close.” Upon hearing Yuri’s husky voice near her ears, she was left dumbfounded. She nodded her head in response while tilting her head down, hiding her flushed face.

 

 

Yuri smiled before leaning back and facing the intruders. “Hi there Sica-yah, Fany-ah. What are you both doing here?” Yuri said, smiling, happy to see both of her best friends PDA-ing in front of her.

 

 

Jessica glared at Yuri at first but softened afterwards; she smiled and chuckled at the same time. “Why? Am I not allowed to enter my own café? Last time I checked, it was still mine.” She ended it with a smug look, earning a chuckle from her lover. Yuri and Yoona even smiled at it. They are indeed best friends.

 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes as she chuckled. “Point taken, but seriously, what are you guys doing here?” She eyed both of her best friends who were currently playing with their intertwined hands.

 

 

“Nothing actually, just passing by and we decided to grab some coffee before Fany and I head to the mall and shop. Let’s go inside first and chat a little while. It’s been months since Tiffany left for LA and now she’s back, you too Yoona.” Jessica said as she smiled, dragging her lover inside her café with Yoona and Yuri behind.

 

 

Once they have entered the café, all workers stood up and bowed to them, knowing that their Ice Boss is around. “Good afternoon Miss Jung.”

 

 

Jessica is known to be a strict and cold one, cold as ice in fact. She is feared by many because of her icy glares and she is known as a person whom one shall not disturb when sleeping. But aside from that, she also has a warm heart, a warmth that only her loved ones are able to see.

 

 

They took a place near the window; Yuri sat beside Yoona, hands still intertwined, while Jessica sat beside Tiffany. They signaled for the waiter to take their orders.

 

 

“Yuri, why are you with my cousin?” Tiffany said.

 

 

“Now that’s why they know her too.” Yuri thought.

 

 

Yoona and Yuri tensed at the sudden interrogation. Silence fell upon them and awkwardness hung in the air, until one of them decided to break it.

 

 

“We met few days ago, we accidentally collided with each other. After that we hung out the next day and today too.” Yoona said, not letting Yuri answer her cousin’s question. She stared onto their intertwined hands, a small smile appeared on her face, she didn’t want to let go since Yuri’s hand brought warmth to her own hand.

 

 

Jessica and Tiffany nodded in response.

 

 

“Okay. Are you together now or something? I can see that you’re holding each other’s hand.” Tiffany said, making Yoona and Yuri blush.

 

 

“Unnie~” Yoona cutely whined.

 

 

“Well?” Tiffany said, smiling.

 

 

“Well—uhmm…” Yuri stuttered, blushing hardly.

 

 

“Spit it Kwon.” Jessica said.

 

 

“Relax, honey.” Tiffany said, showing her smile to her lover then to the other two.

 

 

“WELL WE ARE ACTUALLY HAVING OUR VERY FIRST OFFICIAL DATE NOW AND—“

 

 

“Wait, wait, what?” Jessica butted in.

 

 

“What?” Yuri said, frustration evident from her voice.

 

 

“Nothing, I’m just thirsty. WAITER!!!”

 

 

About 5 waiters rushed to their table, panting. “Yes Miss Jung?” The waiters said in unison.

 

 

“Kindly get us some refreshments and food, please.” the ice boss said.

 

 

“Right away Ma’am.”

 

 

With that, the waiters took their leave.

 

 

“Yoong,  I’ll go to the bathroom for a minute.” Yuri said. “And it seems that you have a lot to catch up with Fany too.” Yoona nodded.

 

 

Yuri stood up, she let go of their intertwined hands. She walked beside Jessica, “Sica, can you come with me?”

 

 

Jessica looked up onto Yuri, Yuri was somehow giving her some eye-signals which she didn’t fully understand but eventually gave in. She stood up and faced Tiffany. “We’ll be right back.”

 

 

As Jessica and Yuri left, Tiffany decided to speak up.

 

 

“Yoona.”

 

 

“Ye—yes, Unnie?” Yoona stuttered.

 

 

“What happened between you and Khun? I thought you were together.” Tiffany said, staring at her cousin.

 

 

Yoona sighed deeply. She doesn’t want to remember the guy who shattered her heart into pieces. It hurt her so much. “I broke up with him.”

 

 

“Why?” Tiffany said, worried.

 

 

“He cheated on me, okay? I don’t know why but that’s what he did.” Yoona said, holding her tears back.

 

 

Tiffany noticed that her cousin was about to break down. She stood up and sat beside Yoona, consoling her.

 

 

“It’s okay, Yoong. But how did you really meet Yuri?” Tiffany said, the younger girl’s hair.

 

 

“I accidentally bumped onto her the day I broke up with him, I don’t know why but something deep inside me is certain that Yuri is special to me. I just---don’t know.” Yoona said, small tears starting to appear at the sides of her eyes.

 

 

“But somehow, Yuri made you happy right? I mean, you would be sulking inside your room since you broke up with him.”

 

 

“Yeah, somehow, all those pain and hurt vanished quickly as I met her. You saw us yesterday right?” Yoona said, wiping her tears away. Tiffany nodded.

 

 

“We kinda stalked the two of you. Hehehe.” Tiffany said, scratching her head lightly.

 

 

“It’s okay, really. I was very happy that we decided to hang out that time. I do know that I told you about my mother, right?” Yoona said, tilting her head towards her cousin.

 

 

A nod.

 

 

“You told me that you will never go to Lotte World ever again after what happened back then.”

 

 

Yoona chuckled and smiled while nodding.

 

 

“Wow, Yuri must have brought a huge impact in your heart.” Tiffany said, bewildered.

 

 

“As huge as it made me forget every little pain that I’m keeping inside. Even though we just met, I can really say that we’re destined for each other.” Yoona said, chuckling.

 

 

“Can you say that again.” Tiffany teased.

 

 

“But, Unnie?” Yoona said, seriousness in her voice.

 

 

“Hmm?” Tiffany hummed.

 

 

“After I met Yuri, I’ve been having strange dreams lately but I just shrugged it off, shrugging it off as nothing.”

 

 

“What kind of dreams?” Tiffany asked, confused.

 

 

“I’ve had this dream the night I met her. Based on the dream, I saw this little girl and she kind of reminded me of someone who’s rather dear to me. We were happy playing by the beach. I can even tell that it was me when I was around 6 but I don’t know what the other girl’s name is. All I remembered is that she was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt, she was smiling at me and she grabbed my hand while running towards the sea and that’s pretty much it, I woke up by the sound of my phone. Dad called me for he has some important things to say.”  Yoona explained.

 

 

“Wait, what? Mickey Mouse? Yuri loves Mickey Mouse. But maybe it’s someone else.” Tiffany thought and nodded.

 

 

“So basically, do you feel that this girl is related to Yuri? I mean, you dreamed of that girl right after you met Yuri.”

 

 

“I don’t really know but, I think that that girl is somehow part of me from the past and Yuri is a part of me now.” Yoona said, smiling.

 

 

Just then, the waiters arrived with their food and refreshments. They gently laid the food in the table. Yoona eyed all the food, drooling. Tiffany stared at her cousin in disbelief, “After what she just said, she’s a shikshin indeed.” She thought. She shook her head and chuckled at the thought.

 

 

“You know, Yoong. You were actually emotional a while ago and yet when the food arrived you turned into a huge shikshin. When you eyed the food, your eyes were sparkling.” Tiffany said and laughed.

 

 

“It’s because I love food and I am starving to death. Can we eat now?” Yoona said, pouting.

 

 

“Don’t give me that look.” Tiffany said, avoiding the younger girl’s cute face.

 

 

“Unnie~” Yoona pleaded with her aegyo. She knows that Tiffany hates aegyo.

 

 

Upon hearing Yoona’s whining, Tiffany covered her ears with her hands – not wanting to hear the younger girl’s voice.

 

 

“Stop that Yoona!” Tiffany said, frustrated.

 

 

“Unnie~ please? I’m very hungry, you don’t want to let your dear cousin starve, right? Please~” Yoona cutely whined, pouting.

 

 

“Argh, okay, okay. Just stop it already. You, don’t ever do that again, got it?” Tiffany said, defeated.

 

 

“Yay!~ “ Yoona squealed and grabbed her spoon and fork.

 

 

“Tsk, shikshin.” Tiffany softly mumbled.

 

 

“Hey! I’m a growing child and I need to eat.” Yoona said and continued eating.

 

 

“Whatever, don’t eat all the food. Leave some for us.” Tiffany said. “What’s taking them so long anyway?”

 

 

Yoona tilted her head and gave Tiffany a shrug. Tiffany sighed. “Just continue eating there.”

 

 

 

~RESTROOM~

 

 

“Okay, Yuri. What do you want from me?” Jessica said as she leaned against the wall of the bathroom.

 

 

“I’ve finally found her, Sica.” Yuri replied, smiling brightly.

 

 

“Found? Who? Yoona?”

 

 

Yuri happily nodded. “I’ve finally found my choding despite all the years I’ve hoped for her to appear.”

 

 

Jessica widens her eyes as she was listening to her best friend.

 

 

“So you mean, the childhood friend you told me from the past who suddenly disappeared is Yoona?”

 

 

Yuri nodded her head.

 

 

“I thought I just met her but after some time, I realized that she was my choding back then.”

 

 

“Okay, did she remember you though?” Jessica said, she faced the mirror and placed her hand under the faucet, water came out and she washed her hand.

 

 

“That’s the problem. I just remembered that my choding back then is the Yoona that I am with now. I went to her house earlier since we want to hang out again. I silently surveyed their house until one thing caught my own eyes, it was a picture of hers when we were still young, and it was the same person who was in this picture. I just noticed that after we left her house.” Yuri said as she grabbed her purse just to pull out the picture of Yoona and her back when they were still young and shoved it directly onto Jessica’s face.

 

 

Startled by the sudden act, she grabbed the picture and studied it. It was indeed Yoona.

 

 

“Then why can’t she remember you?” Jessica said, she returned the picture back to Yuri.

 

 

“I don’t really know, it has been years after all.” Yuri said, sighing.

 

 

“Well, are you going to tell her?”

 

 

“Maybe it’s not time yet.”

 

 

“Well, as far as I know, Yoona easily gets pissed and is sensitive. Try hurting her or else you’ll face the wrath of HellSica.”

 

 

“Huh? Why would I do that especially to the one I love? I promised her that I will protect and love her with all my heart. I am happy that I am able to meet her again.” Yuri said as she opened the door to go out, Jessica following closely behind.

 

 

“Just saying, I don’t want to see my soon to be cousin-in-law whom Tiffany and I love break down if ever someone tries to hurt her.”

 

 

“True. I’ve seen it before.” Yuri said, she placed her hands onto her pocket and walked off back to their designated table, but immediately stopped when Jessica grabbed her wrist.

 

 

“Sica? Wha—what’s wro—ng?” She stuttered, as she glanced back to her best friend. HellSica on the loose.

 

 

“I told you that if someone hurts her shall face the wrath of HellSica!” Jessica said as she reached for Yuri’s collar.

 

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! It’s not me. It was that Nickhun guy who cheated on her few days ago. Please let go of me Sica…Jebal…Jebal…I still need to live for Yoona!” Yuri pleaded as she struggled from Jessica’s grip.

 

 

“Oh, is that so? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Now look at your crumpled blouse.” Jessica said as she released Yuri and dusted her blouse.

 

 

“It’s okay. Phew. Now let’s go back, they’ve been waiting for us for too long.” Yuri said, backing up from Jessica.

 

 

Jessica and Yuri went back to their seats and found Yoona and Tiffany eating already. Jessica took her seat beside Tiffany and Yuri beside Yoona.

 

 

“Did you wait for long?” Yuri said to Yoona.

 

 

“Not really.” Yoona replied, as she shook her head and ate her ice cream.

 

 

Yuri noticed there’s a glimpse of ice cream left on Yoona’s lips. She smiled and grabbed some tissue paper. Without asking for permission, she wiped Yoona’s lips gently.

 

 

Yoona looked up and met Yuri’s eyes, she was blushing deeply upon Yuri’s sudden act.

 

 

“There’s a glimpse of ice cream on your lips.” Yuri said, smiling as she continued wiping Yoona’s lips.

 

 

“Thank you.” Yoona replied.

 

 

Yuri responded with a nod. She placed the tissue down and ate her share. While eating, she sometimes glances at her side to see Yoona happily eating her dessert.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

( Yoona 6 years old. Yuri 7 years old. )

 

 

Yoona and Yuri were playing in the beach. They have been doing this for the past few days and they never get tired of it. It was summer and sure enough both parties will go to the countryside and refresh their minds from the hectic schedule the city is giving them. Yoona and Yuri’s family were family friends and it’s not surprising for them to meet up in the same place. They were in Jeju, to be exact.

 

 

“Choding! Come back! Let’s go eat some ice cream!” Little Yuri yelled.

 

 

Upon hearing the word “ice cream,” the doe eyed girl immediately stopped and turned back to her Unnie, wide smile on her face and eyes sparkling in delight.

 

 

“We’re goin’ chu eat ays kwim?” Little Yoona said as she tugged onto the older girl’s shirt.

 

 

Yuri was holding her laughter after hearing her friends’ pronunciation but wasn’t successful enough and burst out laughing; she was holding her stomach while trying to breathe air.

 

 

“Yah! Unnie! Why are you laughing?” Yoona whined, pouting.

 

 

“You—Hahaha—pronuci—a—tion. Hahaha!” Yuri said breathlessly as she wiped some tears in the corners of her eyes.

 

 

Yoona turned her back from the older girl, hoping to silence her Unnie’s laugh.

 

“ 5…”

 

Yuri stopped laughing and looked at the sulking girl in front of her.

 

“4…”

 

Yuri walked beside Yoona.

 

”3…”

 

She scratched her head lightly.

 

”2…”

 

She hugged the younger girl.

 

”1…”

 

 

“Yoona-yah, Unnie is sorry!” Yuri said as she peered down to look at Yoona’s face more clearly, but all she saw was a frown. Guilty of her actions, she couldn’t think of anything to make the younger girl happy except for the ice cream.

 

 

“Yoona, I am sorry okay! Unnie will not do it anymore. Do you still want to eat ice cream? Or is there anything you like?” Yuri cooed, pouting as well.

 

 

Yoona glanced at Yuri’s pouting face, the laughter she’s been hiding suddenly burst out. She was laughing her heart out happy that she’s able to fool her Unnie.

 

 

“Unnie—Hahaha!--  You should have seen the look on your face! Hahaha!” Yoona said, clutching her stomach while gasping for air.

 

 

Yuri was stunned, agape. After processing what just happened, she soon joined the younger girl laughing.

 

 

“Oh! You got me there Yoong!”

 

 

“That’s for making fun of me.” Yoona said and stuck her tongue out.

 

 

“Yah! I said I was sorry. Let’s go eat ice cream.” Yuri said as she beckoned the younger girl towards her, she then held Yoona’s hand.

 

 

As they were walking, they didn’t notice some pile of rocks on the way and Yoona accidentally tripped. She was waiting for the impact but was held by a certain someone. Yuri held Yoona by waist, afraid that the younger girl got hurt.

 

 

“Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?” Yuri worriedly asked.

 

 

“I’m fine, Unnie.” Yoona said, giving the older girl a reassuring smile. As she regained her composure, the moment they resumed walking, Yoona yelped in pain – startling the older girl.

 

 

“Yoona? What’s wrong? Does your foot hurt?” Yuri asked again as she bent down.

 

 

Yoona was tearing up; she didn’t really notice that there was a broken glass on their way and she thought it was just a rock.

 

 

“Unnie. It hurts.” The younger girl sobbed as she sat down on the sand, showing the older girl her right foot.

 

 

“Oh my God Yoona! It’s bleeding!” Yuri said, shocked.

 

 

Yoona was continually sobbing; tears stream down her cheeks like there’s no end. Yuri on the other hand was thinking about what she should do. She turned her back to the younger girl and beckoned her to ride on her back and the latter soon obeyed.

 

 

“Yoona-yah, hold on tight okay? Unnie will get you out of here and find some help.” Yuri said as she stood up and walked to their home. Yoona nodded in response.

 

 

After some time, they soon reached their destination.

 

 

“Mom! Yoona’s hurt!” Yuri yelled as she entered their house.

 

 

“What?!” Yuri’s Mom said, she made her way to her daughter and was shocked by what she saw. Yoona’s right foot was covered in blood and was dripping down.

 

 

“Settle her on the couch, I’ll get some disinfectants and the first aid kit. Stay beside her.” Her mom ordered, as she rushed to their kitchen.

 

 

Yuri nodded in understanding. She sat beside Yoona, the younger girl hasn’t stopped sobbing yet. She reached out for her handkerchief and wiped Yoona’s tears away.

 

 

“Yoona. You will be okay, alright? Unnie is here to protect you.” Yuri said as she the younger girl’s hair. Yoona replied by nodding. Yuri’s mother came back with the first aid kid, she knelt down and tended Yoona’s wound.

 

 

“This will sting a little, Yoona. I just need to clean your wound so that it will not be infected.”

 

 

Yoona nodded; holding onto Yuri as tight as she could, a grimace on her face.

 

 

Yuri was dead worried for Yoona. She was the older one but she let this happen to Yoona. She felt guilty at the moment and hoped that she be the one in pain instead.

 

 

“AHHHHHHHHH! AUNTIE! IT HURTS!” shouted Yoona.

 

 

“Just a moment Yoona and I’ll be finished.” Yuri’s mom cooed. “And, there. Done.”

 

 

Yoona was still panting; breathing hard while tears continue to fall from her eyes.

 

 

“Yoong. It’s done. Does it still hurt?” Yuri gently asked while wiping the younger girl’s face and received a nod.

 

 

“Do you still want to eat ice cream?” She said again with a sincere smile.

 

 

Yoona still nodded while wiping her own tears and smiled to Yuri. They smiled at each other for a while until Yuri stood up and offered a hand to Yoona which Yoona grasped in return.

 

 

“Are you sure that you can walk properly?” Yuri asked, worriedly.

 

 

“I think so, but if I can’t, you’ll piggy back me, right?” Yoona replied innocently.

 

 

“Why of course. Let’s go now.”

 

 

And with that, they walked hand in hand and headed for the ice cream store near Yuri’s house. They were walking slowly since Yoona’s wound was still fresh until Yuri made up her mind.

 

 

“Aissshhh, Yoong. The store will close soon. You’re so slow.” Yuri said, jokingly.

 

 

“Well, it’s not my fault that I got wounded. Why don’t you piggy back ride me now?”

 

 

“Aigoo. Come on, hurry up. I want to eat ice cream so badly.” Yuri complained while kneeling down.

 

 

Yoona hopped on Yuri’s back and adjusted herself to find a comfortable position. With that they made their way to the ice cream shop.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

The JeTi and YoonYul couple decided to part ways after their short meeting. JeTi went to Jessica’s mother’s house for them to bond leaving Yoonyul behind.

 

 

It was almost 6 o’clock in the evening and it was starting to rain. Not being prepared by the sudden change of weather, they don’t have any choice but to go home.

 

 

Yuri parked her car in front of Yoona’s house, it was raining pretty badly and Yoona feels guilty to let Yuri go home by herself. So she did what her heart told her.

 

 

“Yul, do you mind if you’ll stay? It’s raining very hard and I don’t want anything bad for you.” Yoona said shyly.

 

 

Yuri smiled upon the sudden confession made by Yoona. “She’s still the same back then” she thought and let out a soft chuckle, which made Yoona blush in deep red.

 

 

“So? Will you?” Yoona asked after not having any response.

 

 

“Uhmm. If it doesn’t really bother you and your family.” she said and gulped.

 

 

“Of course not. Come, maybe Dad is home and I want you to meet him.” replied Yoona, she stared at Yuri lovingly as she s her warm arms to Yuri’s, with a smile plastered on her face.

 

 

“Okay, if you say so.” Yuri eventually gave in, staring back at Yoona. “Who would say no to those cute little doe-eyes of hers? She maybe not know what she’s doing to me but God, she’ll definitely kill me with her cuteness.”

 

 

As they got off Yuri’s car they were running like little kids to Yoona’s house. Gentleman as Yuri can be, she shielded Yoona with the jacket she had at the back of her car and when they arrived in front of the door, they were already soaking wet.

 

 

Yoona was about to open the door when suddenly it was opened by its own. Little did they know that someone has been watching them the moment Yuri parked her car at the sidewalk. Both Yoona and Yuri were holding their breath as if they were caught making out in the wrong place. Yoona’s dad came into view when the door was fully opened. Yoona suddenly gasped at the person in front of her.

 

 

“D—Dad?” beads of sweat running down her forehead. “W—What are you do—doing?” she stuttered.

_________________

 

 

Errmmm... so hi there everyone :)

I was really out for some time now..uhmm..like uhh 5 months?

and I am really sorry for that...but here is the promised update I told you about at the SEASON OF LOVE thread :)

I don't really think that this is a great chapter and it's not really loonnggg /sigh 

but cheer up!! (talking to myself) :D

 

I hope everybody's fine with this :)  and I am reallllyyyy sleepyyy now and i just made this ..keke

and if there's some typo or wrong grammars, feel free to say it so that I will change them~ :D

 

bye for now, until next time :)

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE~