Chapter 2

Dandelion Love

 

“Do you have any class today?” your dad asks. “Nope. We are discussing about the choreography at 88 Cafe today.” “Lee Su Yeon.” You look at your dad feeling uneasy when he calls your full name.

“Take care of yourself okay? If I’m not going to be with you anymore, you still have to live.” Your dad smiles at you. You pouts and hugs your dad. “Appa don’t say like that. Don’t forget to eat your medicine.”

“I get it, my daughter. Now go. You’ll be late.” You hug your dad tightly before letting him go and bid goodbye to him. “I love you, appa!” you blow a flying kiss to your dad and run to the cafe.

 

“Am I late?” you pant. Junsu gives you a glass of water and you finished it up. “Relax. Why did you run?” “I... I thought... I am late.” You pant. “Su Yeon ah, why won’t you wear jeans? You really like wearing dress that much huh?” Daehyun asks. Da young elbowed him.

You smile. “Dress is fun.” You chuckles. “So, can we watch the steps now?” Eun young asks.

 

CHEN POV

 

And I ... Will never try to deny that you are ...

A girl with a pink flower dress comes in panting. She’s running towards her friends. She has a bright smile. Long straight hair.

“Next request song, Justin Bieber – Baby.” Kris whispers. “Look at her.” I pointed at the girl. “She looks familiar though.” Kris whispers.

"Where?" I ask. "College? I've seen her somewhere. She's quite creepy though. You can barely see her face."

"Nonsense." I strum the guitar and sings.

Hours past and they are still there. She didn’t talk much as the others. I look at the clock almost 7 o’clock. The cafe is about to close. Do they realise?

6.45 p.m . Her friends finally gets up and one by one going back. Suddenly it rains heavily. “I’m sorry, miss. You have to go now. We are closing.” The manager force her out. I zipped my bag and walk towards her.

 

END OF POV

 

“Can you wait for awhile? It just rain and it’s really really heavy.” You claim. “It’s not my problem right now.” You sigh. “I’ll send you home.” A guy walks towards you with a charming figure.

“It’s okay. It’s going to stop soon.” You look down. “It’s going to be hours, umm ....” “Su Yeon. Lee Su Yeon.” He smiles. “Kim Jong Dae. Come on let’s go. He took out an umbrella and walk you home.

“I’m really sorry I trouble you, Jong Dae sshi.” You apologize. “It’s a small thing. Just call me, Jong Dae.” You nod. The wind blows strongly and the both of you are soaking wet.

“Can you hold the umbrella for a while?” Chen took off his sweater and put it on you. “Where’s your house?” “There.” You points at a small path.

 

“I can go back by myself here.” You are about to take off the sweater but he stops you. “Can I stop by your house until the rain is not heavy?” he asks. “B... But my house is ...” “It’s okay.” He smiles and you brought him home.

“How can you forgot to bring umbrella, Su Yeon ah.” Your dad sigh as he serves hot tea. You look down. “You are Chen, right?” your dad asks Chen as he walks out of the bathroom after taking a bathe. “You are the one who live near our house is it?” Chen nods.

“Aigoo, I just can’t imagine what will happen to my only daughter if you aren’t there. Thank you very much, Chen.” You raise an eyebrow. “Chen?” “His stage name.” Your dad whispers and giggles.

Chen rubs the back of his neck and smile. “So how are you now? What are you doing at the cafe just now?”

"Oh, I... I work there. I sing with my friends." Chen stated. Your dad nods.

After hours of talking, finally Chen excuse himself to go home but your dad asks him to stay longer. Well, too bad Chen refused it.

 

“Chen is such a good kid.” You dad laughs. “Appa, have you take your medicine yet?” “Ah, I just remembered!” you sigh and shook your dad.

“When will you change, appa.” You nag. “You nag just like your mom.” He sighs. “Fin... Ahh Chooo!” you sneeze. “I TOLD YOU TO DRINK THE HOT TEA DRINK IT NOW LEE SU YEON!”