Surprise?

Through Dubu's Eyes

One day... just one day... I will definitely get that fluff ball on my bu- ouch that hurts! Can’t believe I just hit the glass wall. Again. *facepaw*

Oh hi there! Erm... self-introduction first, I guess. I’m the maknae in a litter of nine fluffy little puppies and is currently the resident of this cool glass home with an awesome street view. Well, not exactly home, but you get my drift. My name... is still pending. Anyway, moving along~

It’s been 5 days since I left my omma and arrived here. Many unnies and oppas have been picked up by their human appas and ommas in my short stay, makes me wonder when is it going to be my turn?

Please don’t misunderstand, I like it here. The imo feeds me well and takes care of my poo-poo (the smell! yucks!), but I would appreciate a tummy rub from time to time as well as a toy to gnaw on. You know, rolling around and getting to know all my neighboring chingoos seemed fun for the first two days, but now I’m itching to go for a walk, even if it’s just the small pavement on the other side of my glass.

Although there have been many squeals and gushing over me from visitors (I know I’m cute, thank you very much), my family still hasn't came by to bring me home yet, but I shall wait on patiently. Afterall like omma said, I’m a special pup, so my family has gotta be special too!

Before I get into the story, where is my chew bone? Argh! It’s nearly bitten to the end! I wish the imo would give me a new piece, or even better, isn’t that monkey hanging across the room so cute?! I wanna get a bite into its’ !

To the doggy Lord above, please get my human appa or omma to bring me home soon, I’m feeling lonely here. Oh! And along with the monkey too, thanks!

Hmm... I wonder how would my parents be like? Hopefully, they would feed me well, bring me out for frequent walks and more. It wouldn't be that huge tyrant we watched on TV yesterday, right? Bringing puppies home on a whim and aband-

 

*blink blink*

 

Woah! Ajusshi, distance please. What’s your deal, standing so close to my window? Gave me a shock by the way! But that is one mesmerizing face indeed. Your eyes are so beautiful, and that smile with the snaggletooth, its weirdly attractive!

 

*click*

 

Yay imo is bringing us food now! It’s dinner time! Salivating at the thought of having some meat today... *sniff sniff* yum~ I should turn around to say annyeo- ehhh weird ajusshi! Gone so soon, I didn’t even get a chance to say good bye to you. Oh well, dinnerrrrr!

 

 

*bell chimes*

 

“Hi, can I help you?” Imo’s customary line to everyone that walks in, don’t she have something else to say?

 

“I would like to purchase that white puppy by the window.”

 

“Give me a moment, I’ll bring her out for you. In the mean time, you can browse through our range of products if there’s anything you want to get.” With a smile in place, imo starts walking through the aisles towards me.

 

Me. Hang on. Me? Me! That’s right, I’m the only white puppy available here! OMG I’ll be going home today! Woots~

 

The warm fuzzy feeling in me kept me in a delirious state (of course I remembered to give a little bark for my monkey when my appa (I assume?) asked if there’s anything I liked), and the next thing I know, I’m in a carrier all prepped and ready to go home.

 

But seriously, one bad experience traveling in a van to arrive here is enough to last a lifetime. Coupled with my carrier, this is giving me all kinds of nauseating feels, so let’s not ride in it anytime soon, shall we? Maybe I’ll feel better after catching some sleep in...

 

“Hyung, kamsahamnida! Wouldn’t know what to do without you!” Why is this voice so boisterous? Woke me up from that awesome dream, when I was just this close to getting the piece of bone.

 

“You would have just gotten someone else to help get your hyu-un’s birthday present, as if anything or anyone can stop you. Aish, there you go.” Oh no, it’s like a mini earthquake happening in here. Oh the door opened, should I take a peek at where am I now? Nevermind, someone is carrying me out anyway.

 

Weird ajusshi! You’re here too? “Arf arf,” your hands feels so warm and careful with me. One point for you. 

 

“Baby Jung, I’ve been waiting for you!” Baby Jung? Am I baby Jung? “Guess I shouldn’t get you into a habit of recognizing other names before Hyun names you, but just know that regardless of whatever healthy name your omma names you later, you are my Jung princess and that’s not changing,” not forgetting to give my nose a little tap.

 

Okay, so I’m Jung princess but yet I don’t have a name? That’s not weird at all. So, can someone tell me who’s my appa, seeing that there are 5 possibilities here? I doubt it’s the man who brought me here since he said he was just helping someone, but that eyesmile ajusshi would definitely be a good appa to me. Two points for simply being cute!

 

Now, spy mission start. Who’s my Jung appa here?

 

“Yonghwa-yah, you’re going back to the dorm first? Let’s walk together, need to talk to you regarding the Japan’s album too.” This voice is even louder than the weird ajusshi, whom in this case seems to be the one named Yonghwa.

 

“Sajang-nim, haven’t we discussed everything that is needed in our previous meeting already?”

 

“Aigoo hyung, no fans would approach you with you two in a deep conversation,” says the tall ajusshi, with another ajusshi who is almost as white as my fluffy fur continuing, “and it lessens the risk of them hearing possible barks as you carry her home!”

 

Hey, I resent that. My voice is cute, “woof!” Minus one, hmpf! 

 

“This little pup can’t wait to check out her home. If that’s the case, lead the way.”

 

The weird ajusshi then raised me to his eye level and said, “Appa is bringing you home now, so sorr-” Ahha! Mission accomplished! Appa Jung Yonghwa! Hahaha his name is starting to roll off my tongue now, but you aren’t gonna play the disappearing game like previously, right? “- just until we reach home.”

 

Wait, did he just said he was sorry? For?

 

 

Eugh, I was so thankful when I finally got out of the carrier, and in barely few minutes, I’m back into a... bag? Oh no, it’s shaking again, gosh appa! Take better care of me in here, will you? I’m getting dizzier by the moment...

 

“Yonghwa-yah. You’re here?” What a melodic voice. I wonder who she is, but she doesn’t sound like my omma though.

 

Oh, the zip is opening, can I come out now? “Ne, omoni. Meet Hyun’s present!” Appa, I’m recognizing the feel of your hands already, it’s so comfy to snuggle in.

 

*Ringgggg*

 

“Omoni, do you mind holding her for a bit? Hyun is calling me now.”

 

“Sure. Hello, you little cutie,” ah her tummy rub feels amazing! Sniff sniff, the scent of my halmoni is so homely. “Arf arf!” Halmoni annyeong! “What a darling you are~”

 

“Omoni, Hyunnie said her practice just ended, she will be back in soon.”

 

Appaaaaa, is that my omma you’re talking about? “Ruff ruff,” is she? Is she? “Ruff ruff ruff!” Am I finally gonna meet her?

 

“Looks like someone is excited hearing about her omma,” while he picks me up from halmoni’s arms. “Come on princess, let’s get you hidden to surprise your omma later.”

 

“Okay then, I should get dinner started as well.”

 

“I’ll be out to help you once I get her settled.”

 

Is this omma’s room? It’s so creamy, filled with inspirational quotes plastered on the walls along with many posters too.

 

“Water; check. Biscuit; check. Monkey; check. Be a good girl and stay in here quietly for now, omma will be home soon,” as he gives me a kiss before dropping me on the floor.

 

* *

 

“Aigoo, you little fluff ball. Oh! Sounds like your omma is home! Remember, be quiet.” He whispered to me before closing the door, leaving me in here alone. Guess who is gonna have an adventure discovering her new home? Let me check out the posters first~

 

Appa! I see you, along with the three ajusshis earlier too! You look handsomer with short hair, and that tall ajusshi’s long hair matches his body length too. That eye smile ajusshi is still looking cute! kekeke!

 

And here’s a huge solo picture of appa staring at me! Don’t worry, no matter how cute that ajusshi is, you’re always gonna be the handsomest appa in my heart so don’t be jealous.

 

Ohh is this a picture of my omma? There are nine girls in it though, with all sorts of funky hair colors along with unnatural eye colors too. Is my omma a hipster?! Now what’s with the salutes and pristine white uniforms? Or could it be that she’s a sailor? More importantly, which of them is my omma? Let me find another pict- oh wait, here’s a quote.

 

‘One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. - Helen Keller’

 

Wow, my omma sound wise, but how can I soar? By flapping my legs? *flap flap*

 

Yikes! It’s tripping me! My slippery paws! But lying on my back makes me feel sleepy... yawns... I’ll just... Zzz...

 

 

Light footsteps awaken me as it passes by the room door, is that appa? I’m getting bored in here, where is appa when I need him? Let’s see if I can hear him through the door...

 

“- teasing me earlier after my mini birthday celebration. It’s all your fault.” Hurray! There’s someone out there! Is scrapping the door loud enough to be heard?

 

“Why am I to blame when you were willingly kidnapped by me in Beijing?” Haha appa sounds like a choding here.

 

You should have at least given me a moment to snap a picture with unnie-deul to upload before taking off, even the fans know there’s something up, especially gogumas.”

 

“That’s good! Gogumas are jjang afterall!”

 

“Tsk! Oppa! Be serious, sones even realized that cake from Fany unnie's collage was from google. There are tons of guesses about me not having a celebration, since we were all in Beijing that night and free of schedule as well.”

 

“You gotta admit, that picture was hilarious. The reason behind her thinking no one would realize it was googled just by editing it to be black and white is something I can’t fathom even till now. It’s great to know gogumas are that smart, despite us not being able to give them hints.”

 

“Not giving any hints?! What have you been doing for the past three years?”

 

They are really into the conversation, maybe I should try barking for their attention? “Arf arf!”

 

“Well, you know. Anyway, I’m sure your unnie-deul is booking you soon for a post birthday party. When is it? I need to drown myself in the studio to fill that gap in my heart when you are not with me.”

 

“Eiyyy so cheesy! We are meeting this Friday, before Music Bank. Manager oppa will be picking us all up from there together, and why do I hear barking? From my room, that is?" Yes! Omma finally heard me!

 

“I’m sure that is nothi- Hyun! Don’t go into your room yet! Darn it.”

 

“Arf arf! Arf arf!” Omma! Omma! Omma! Oh my gosh, you’re so beautiful!

 

“Ehh oppa? Why is there a white fluffy ball circling my feet?”

 

Appa carries me up with a sheepish grin and hugged me under his chin, then with an aegyo-filled voice, he said, “Happy belated birthday! Surprise?”

 

To cut the long story short, there was tons of squealing and hugging and kisses from omma (it’s not just for me ^^), before appa reminded her I need a name as we settled down in the sofa.

 

“Hmm, shall we name her Goguma?” Waaa that's a cute name!

 

“But it’s the name of our fans already...” Fans? Can they be eaten?

 

“Sagua? (ehhhh...) Oksusu? (I’m not yellow) Ma? (why does omma only thinks of food?)”

 

“Ara! Doenjang jjigae!” Don't join her, appa! *facepaw*

 

“Eiyyyyy,” kekeke omma’s whining sounds so adorable! “Hang on, instead of doenjang jjigae, what about Dubu?”

 

Dubu, that’s cute. “Arf arf,” I like this name.

 

Cuddling me closer to her, she continued, “see, even Dubu likes her name. Right, baby Dubu?”

 

Gosh, I’m totally enjoying this, “arf arf,” as omma pepper kisses all over my face.

 

“Alright, that shall be it then. My dear princess Jung Dubu.” What an awesome title for the awesome me!

 

“Yah! It should be Seo Dubu!” But isn’t appa a Jung?

 

“Ani! I’m her appa so its Jung Dubu,” well done, appa! I’m indeed your daughter, “and she’s the cutest princess in the wor-”

 

Appa and omma are so fascinating, with their little non-squabble over my name taking a turn halfway through, bordering on being sickeningly sweet. Despite what omma says, we all know I’m a Jung. Definitely a Jung!

 

As I snuggle into omma's embrace with appa hugging her, I can feel a soothing murmur from them as they continue their conversation. With their soft whispers as my lullaby, my last thought for the night; "my family, jinjja daebak!"

 


A/N: what I wanted to type is already in the foreword, so just to add on.

Sagua, oksusu and ma meant apple, corn and yam respectively if you didn't know. In addition, I'm leaving out some gogumas for you guys who knew which album covers I meant and when was the quote from Hyun's wall mentioned *clap clap*

Til next time~