The Burn Book + Extra

Mean Idols
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Luhan arrived at school the next day to see Woohyun dragging a bin bag across the ground. He was straining under its weight but still managed to throw Luhan a wink.

“What is-“ Luhan started, but was interrupted by Woohyun’s heavy panting.

“Hoya... Purple... Here!”

   He emptied the bag. A mountain of purple emerged from it. Amongst the expanse  of purple Luhan spotted a purple jumper; purple headphones; a purple pillow and he was pretty sure he saw a pair of lacy purple leopard print underwear thrown in there, as well as a pair of matching fluffy handcuffs. Luhan seriously wondered about the type of friends that Woohyun had.

   Newly kitted out in purple, Luhan took his seat at the diva table at break.

“Hey gurlfreeend!” Kai greeted him with a wink.”

“Hi.”

   Sunngjong slid a piece of paper across the table. “These are a few rules you have to abide by to sit with us.”
Luhan inspected the list. “Fishnet Tuesday?”
“Yup, Fishnet Tuesday.” Ren rolled his eyes, who would question Fishnet Tuesday?
Sungjong added, “You can only wear your hair apple style once a week, and I guess you chose today.”
Luhan looked down at the table insecurely, the small bobble on the top of his head became more visible.

***

   Luhan made his way to math class with a small smile on his face, his bobble flopped from side to side as he walked.

   Luhan took the only available seat near the back of the class. He immediately immersed himself in the stationary points that they were learning about.
“Yah!” Mr Sungyeol yelled suddenly, with an estranged look in his eyes and his finger pointed directly at Tao’s quivering face.
“What?” Tao weakly replied, taken aback.
“You know what.”

   Distracted by what just happened Luhan was startled when the boy in front of him turned round and asked to borrow a “penthil.” Luhan absent-mindedly gave him the one he was using, entranced by his good looks, then realised too late that he didn’t have another one.  Luhan was fangirling and fanning himself when he became aware of the fact that Mr Sungyeol had asked him a question. “...So Luhan, what’s the answer?”
“So cute... Oh, em a positive point of inflation at (2,6).”

   When the bell for lunch rang Luhan was quick to escape his seat and pursued Sehun. A small manly man with many a teeth blocked his path. “Yo China, you’ve got some smooth maths moves there, you wanna join our crew?”
Luhan just stared in awe as a business card was slipped between his fingers. It read:

   Luhan heard Mr Sungyeol’s voice from the corner of the room “You’d be perfect for it!” Luhan looked over to see his teacher stuffing a whole doughnut into his mouth.

   Luhan said “I’ll think about it.”
Dongwoo smiled and said “Good, because if we get another member we get jackets!”

***

   Luhan took his seat in the canteen. Kai was staring intently at a calculator, trying to figure out how many calories he had burned by dancing.

“Screw it I’m getting a burger.”

   As Kai left Sungjong turned to Luhan and asked “Seen any cute guys yet?”
“Well,” Luhan said shyly, “There is this one pink-haired guy in my math class.”
Ren pouted disapprovingly.
“No!” said Sungjong, “That’s Oh Sehun, you can’t like him.” He lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter