To Make It Lasts

Of Flaws and Lies

 

 

The Shadow Dragon Headquarter,  mid of April.

 

When he woke up the next morning, he wasn't sure what he was exactly feeling. He wasn't particularly happy, or guilty.

He just felt.. disoriented.

Lee Jinki sighed as he wandered his eyes to stare at the ceiling, blinking to the darkness with something close to hollowness before glancing to the side of his bed, watching the number 05:05 glowed before him.

It was funny to realize.

The same clock. The same bloody red. The same itchy blanket. But he was not.

If a month ago someone told him he would be sleeping with a member of mafia. He would laugh out loud and tell them they were nuts.

But now...

He turned his head to see the guy that was curled up beside him, sleeping soundly, his cheek flushed against the pillow of his arm.

He gulped down when he saw Kibum shifted a bit, his button nose rubbed his skin lightly, like a tip of butterfly wings and it sent a giddy shiver along his veins.

Where would this bring them ? He thought.

A lover ? Jinki didn't think so.

He rolled a bit on his side, staring for a while at the sleeping beauty before lifting his another finger above the border of Kibum's face, wanting to trace the faintest vein on his cheek or just to touch that tiny pout which still dipped on deep scarlet, but he didn't.

Jinki closed his eyes as he retracted his hand and laid  on his back, before turning a little to his side again just to pull his arm slowly from beneath Kibum, didn't want to wake him up. Didn't dare to.

He dragged himself out of bed and picked his discarded pants, putting it on as he prepared himself to get to the adjoining bathroom.

He needed shower, more for the escaping purpose than the cleaning one.

As he got there, topless, he was staring into his reflection on the blurry mirror for so long. Confusion washed over him.

What had he done? He frowned to himself. Didn't he recognize himself any longer ?

Deep down inside, he realized he was not supposed to do this. He was a prince, in a period of duty and Kibum was one of his enemy, the criminal. He's as bad as the others.

But those facts somehow did nothing to him. Nor to his feeling.

He still didn't feel that wrong.

Was he losing his conscience ? His senses ? About the good and the bad ?

Or maybe just there's no the good and the bad.

Jinki stepped under the shower, turning the faucet on, gripping the wall and closing his eyes as he felt cold water cascading along his sticky back. Hoping it would also wash away all the whispers that made him more terrified. The thought that told he just betrayed his family, his belief, his nation.

And what about the pretty guy that was still sleeping on his bed ? Would they just be a one night stand? Would Kibum demand for clarity? Would Kibum just treat him as ordinary?

Congratulation Jinki, he banged his head to the wall, You're making the situation twice more difficult.

 

When Jinki's back from the bathroom, soundlessly stepping inside his room, he found that Kibum had already woken up, sitting on the bed with a blank face,  maybe daydreaming, while holding the thin sheet to cover the front of his body -which skin as pale as the fabric itself-.

Kibum looked so vulnerable yet utterly beautiful and that made Jinki choked on his own breath. It never crossed on his mind that he would have the chance to see the delicate side of the guy who was challenging him to do a martial arts match just the third time they met.

He chuckled soundlessly to himself at the thought before he cleared his throat and said "Hey.." somehow awkwardly.

Kibum blinked blankly for some seconds to the air before he turned his head slowly to the direction of the voice, and as soon as he saw Jinki, his eyes bulged out, along with  a new appearance ofpink tint across his cheeks.

Instinctively, he gripped the sheet tighter to his chest before he said 'Hi' back quickly and looked down.

Jinki smiled a bit at the lovely show before he took a deep breath and walked over to sit on the edge of his bed, not too close or too far from Kibum.

He didn't know what Kibum had done to him, but the confusion that once budging him a minute before was now missing, once he turned to look at the pretty side profile of the guy on his bed.

"How's your leg?" Jinki asked lamely, still couldn't find another thing to say.

"It's fine." Kibum replied, somewhat huskily before he cleared his throat. And all that Jinki's mind could relate to at the moment, was how Kibum called his name desperately with that y voice last night.

So Jinki just nodded, belatedly to the other's answer. While Kibum only stayed quiet, maybe waiting for him to say something.

"Look.." Jinki started "I don't know what's gotten into me last night, but I'm sorry.."

Kibum only frowned to the other's statement, before asking with a rather obvious disappointed tone "You don't like it, do you ?"

"No." Jinki said and he saw Kibum flinched,  "I mean I'm sorry for forcing you to do it."

Kibum was still frowning.

"For me.. Well.. I don't.. I don't regret last night." Jinki decided not to beat around the bush "I don't know if you do, that's why I..."

"I don't.." Kibum cut off, warmth's back to spread on his cheek as he looked down to the sheet on his lap "I don't regret it too." he said, with smaller voice toward the end.

"Well.." Jinki said, didn't know what to say again as he also looked down to his bed.

"Yeah.." Kibum scratched the edge of the sheet.

And they were not talking to each other for some times.

Until there's a gentle poke on Jinki's arm and he finally looked up to see Kibum fumbled.

"I guess.. I have to go now.." the younger said.

Well, it's not like Jinki could forbid Kibum and say 'No, I want you to be a permanent ornament on my bed' so he just nodded.

Kibum nodded back before he crawled out of the bed and out of Jinki's sheet.

And Jinki wasn't sure whether Kibum was doing it on purpose or not, letting him staring at his back like that. But he definitely had a trouble breathing as he saw the younger bent down to pick his scattered clothes or when those long legs slid  inside another shorts.

Oh well, Prince or not, he was still a grown up man. Jinki excused himself.

Then he realized Kibum was limping as he walked to the door after he'd done dressed up, whether it's because of his injured leg or because of the thing they did. Nevertheless, Jinki quickly stood up and bolted to where Kibum was, his stubby fingers grabbing and digging softly into the younger's thin waist, supporting.

"Do you want me to walk you to your room ?" he asked, ignoring the devil whisper that told him how easy it was to pull Kibum back to another embrace and kiss him senselessly.

Kibum shook his head, saying "I don't want the other to suspect." before he offered the other a  smile, showing the faintest of his dimple.

And Jinki was practically gaping like an idiot at the display of those two adorable articles on Kibum's cheeks he just knew.

But then Kibum slipped out of his arm and slowly walked out of the room.

Leaving Jinki who was still trying to gather his soul back.

 

--

 

Soreness is a . Added with his originally wounded leg, it was a hell. Even trying to sit was giving a serious pain for his .

Oh just damn. Kibum cursed inside his head as he gripped the kitchen counter to walk and reach his mug on the top shelf.

He would just asking for a day off from Jiyong and told everybody his leg felt a little painful again. Well, it's not like he could tell them what happened last night.

Kibum closed his eyes and sighed as he realized the embarassing pinkness was seriously persistent to be his bestfriend at every thought of Jinki. At the thought of how many bruises and hickeys he got from him as he counted them when he took a bath before. That in the end, he decided to wear a sweater. In Spring.

He didn't know what the guy had done to him but as long as he remembered he had never been that shy, sweet, submissive and the other things he'd became in front of Jinki.

Oh Earth, swallow me. He thought as he banged his forehead to the bottom edge of the top shelf.

On the other side, someone was holding his smile back, looking at the rather cute gesture the other guy just did.

Jinki was actually planning to go to Jiyong's room when he found none other than Kibum in the kitchen, mumbling to himself before banging his head to the shelf.

"Why are you hurting yourself ?" Jinki asked as he came to approach Kibum, his hand stretched out in between the surface of the shelf and Kibum's forehead, so that the younger banged into his soft palm instead.

The expression Kibum was sporting on his face as he snapped his eyes open and turned to see Jinki stood beside him was absolutely priceless.

Oh crap. "W-what the.. Whose.. W-when.." he stuttered.

"Not long ago." Jinki answered to Kibum's gibberish, leading the forehead in his palm to turn around and Kibum complied just like that.

"Well," Jinki said again, expecting Kibum would not respond to him in the closest minute since he'd turned to be mute again "I'm just passing by.. I'll go.." he pulled his hand away.

"Um.." was the only incoherent word Kibum could mutter.

"Don't try to hurt yourself again, Okay ?" Jinki said for the last time, smiling strikingly, before turning around to the hallway

Kibum felt like drowning himself into the deepest well as he saw Jinki's back, just because he realized he must'd been looking like an idiot, stammering like that.

He's a mafia, for Godfather's sake ! What kind of mafia stuttering ?!

"D-do you want coffee ?" Kibum called out, bracing his shyness.

"Oh." Jinki said, turning back, raising his eyebrows "If it doesn't bother you ?"

Kibum shook his head no as he turned back to the shelf, while Jinki walked back and pulling the chair on kitchen table, across the younger's back.

"Is it still.. painful ?" Jinki asked, watching the way Kibum hardly moved.

"A bit." A lot.

"Hmm.." Jinki nodded before frowning "I dunno why i don't really feel that.. sore ?"

Because you're not the one that was being ripped open ?

"Well.." Kibum said before sighing soundlessly as he scoop the coffee powder from it's jar, expecting another blush to creep out. God. We shouldn't talk about this..

"Sorry.." Jinki said, seemed aware of the other's uncomfortableness. He was asking pure out of curiosity, tho.

"'S fine.." Kibum said, pouring hot water into both of their mugs and stirring for a while before bringing them to the kitchen table.

"Oh." the older said when Kibum put the drink in front of him, eyebrows raised up high.

"Why ?" Kibum asked, panicked a little inside.

"No. Just.." Jinki looked up to see the younger, curling up one side of his lips "I don't  expect you know my.. mug?"

"Oh." Kibum said, face like caught red handed "I-i just know.."

Tho the answer was honestly not satisfying, Jinki just nodded while taking his mug, glancing to Kibum who was busy sipping his coffee and wandered his eyes around.

Jinki smiled. It's rather cute to see Kibum refused to see him at all cost, so that he couldn't help but keep staring at the younger.

And they stayed like that for minutes.

A shyness and a mischiveous smile clashed into another quickened heartbeats.

But the pleasant moment just had to be ruined once they could hear noises came from the hallway.

Jinki sighed inwardly after he glanced to the direction -which fortunately still empty-, sipping the last drop of his coffee, he finally got up  from his seat.

"I think... I'll go first." he said to Kibum "Thanks for the coffee."

Kibum nodded, still gulping his drink as he watched Jinki really went this time. He honestly felt relieved that Jinki took the initiative first to part for now. Because no matter how blooming his feeling was, a part of him was still not ready to let the others knew there's something happening between them.

So he took a deep breath as he heard the footsteps got louder, bracing the noise that would definetely come.

"Hey, Key ! Why are you wearing sweater in this weather ?"

 

--

 

"Onew.."

"Yeah ?"

It was the next two days when Jinki turned his head around from the computer in front of him and surprised to see Joon standing in the doorway that he raised his eyebrows.

"We're going to Skeleton tonight. You're in ?" he asked.

"Oh." Jinki frowned, thinking that the last time they met, he was not exactly in the best term of relationship with the boys. "I don't know if i could. Still have a lot to do.." He excused himself.

"You can't leave it ?"

"Well.. It's kinda.."

"He's there ?" Jinki could hear someone chimed in from behind Joon.

"Yeah." Joon said, turning his head to the unseen person.

"Hey ! Come on, man !"  Someone appeared in behind Joon, peeking inside to see Jinki, smirking. It's Seungri "Don't be such a prick !"

"Uh.." was the only thing Jinki could say as he scratched his nape, confused. "I don't.."

"Come on, Onew. Don't kill the joy !

Then I'll be the one that killed by the awkwardness like last time.

"What are you guys doing blocking the doorway ?" another voice came, this time thick and velvety. And this time, there's a mount of anticipation building in Jinki's stomach upon hearing it.

"Onew is killing the joy !" Seungri exclaimed.

"Who is killing what ?"

"Onew..."

Then Kibum's head appeared from the door.

Oh. Jinki widened his eyes.

He saw Kibum tensed a bit at the sight of him, before eventually smiled briefly to him and turned again to ask Seungri "What's happening ?"

"Onew is too busy to have some fun with us." Seungri told Kibum.

Did he say us ? That means he's going to ?

"Ah." Kibum said, glancing to Jinki again "You're not going ?" he asked.

Was it just him or Kibum's eyes really turned all puppy-like ?

"Uh.. Maybe ?" Jinki said, felt his confusion faltered. "I haven't decided.." Now he thought he might go.

"Oh. Okay." Kibum said, eyes drooping and it somehow felt like clenching Jinki's heart.

Oh.. Well.. "I.. think I'll follow you all after it's done." Jinki finally said.

"Well that's better.." Seungri said.

Joon nodded in approval while Jinki didn't miss the slight twinkling on Kibum's eyes before he turned around and went outside.

 

--

 

It was around midnight when Jinki arrived at Skeleton. The club was crowded and noisy as usual. The only different was almost all of Jiyong's men were dominating the place. His eyes scanned the entire club, and he could see Jonghyun and Joon were dancing crazily on the dance floor, surrounded by y girls, while some others were crowding in front of the poles where the hot dancers would perform.

Jinki decided to go straight to the back room -the one where he met Kkangpae for the first time-, because he knew the others who were to lazy to roam around would be there. Kibum was nowhere to be seen outside, so he was kind of expecting the younger to be there as well.

Walking pass the same dimlit hallway, he finally arrived in front of the room. Turning the door knob and peeking inside, Jinki could see Amber, Changmin, Kibum, and Jiyong were there. The latter was busy his roll and only raised his eyebrows once as he saw Jinki, while Amber and Changmin were not really paying attention since they're playing another card game. Initiated by Changmin, Jinki's sure.

Jinki stepped inside, feeling Kibum's feline eyes watching him in silent as he swept his gaze across the room.

There was no seat left, none except the space on the couch beside Kibum.

Well, then.. Jinki thought as he approached the couch. Since he had no choice..

Kibum seemed to know what Jinki was planning to, that he shifted a little closer to the edge to make space for Jinki, since the couch wasn't that big.

Jinki flopped himself down next to Kibum, feeling the slim body bounced a bit before it bumped softly to his side.

"Thought you wouldn't come." Jiyong said as he pulled his roll out from his lips, creating a small halo of smoke.

Jinki only smiled a little as he rested his back on the couch, while Jiyong raised his eyebrow as he scrutinized the guy in front of him and said "You look worn out."

"Says the guy who always look like a walking zombie." Jinki said lightly.

The leader only chuckled at the guy's teasing before he offered another roll of to Jinki.

Jinki shook his head, making it seemed more like he was uninterested rather than rejecting.

"Just try one and you'll be far more relax." Jiyong said, raising his eyebrow.

"No.." Jinki shook his head again "I d..."

"Jiyong, he doesn't want it." Kibum suddenly cut off, half-glaring to his leader.

And Jiyong, being as insane as he was, only nod his head as he laughed before finally said "I see, I got it baby."

Kibum only rolled his eyes, half-annoyed.

Jinki tried to hold back his smile seeing how funny the younger's expression was.

Then there's suddenly a ruckus happening from the door, which made all the occupants of the room turned their heads -it was Jonghyun that carried a half-conscious Joon by his arm on his shoulder-.

Jinki took a breath as he used the moment where the other's attention diverted to Jonghyun and Joon, to sneakily put his arm around the top of the couch in behind Kibum's head.

Kibum, who was sitting a little bit to the front because he wanted to hear Jonghyun's loud fuss about how annoyed he was because of the passing out Joon that he couldn't tap the of a particular y girl he was about to get, tensed a bit as he shifted back to rest his head on the back of the couch and found there's already another hand laid out near his nape.

But he loosened up eventually as he realized it was Jinki and made himself more comfortable by subtly scooted a little bit closer to the older, gluing their sides together in the dimness.

".. just why he had to pass out that moment.." Jonghyun was still complaining, talking animatedly with one hand. He himself seemed a bit tipsy, looking at the way he didn't stand too upright, he also probably wasn't aware of Jinki and Kibum who were sitting too close.

"I'm not in the mood anymore." the bulky guy huffed  "I need to go back and sleep. I can't even feel my head already."

"Then bring that friend of yours with you." Changmin said, pointing to Joon who was almost dropped to the floor.

"Don't you hear I can't feel my head anymore ? How could I drive ?" Jonghyun complained "You have to drive us back."

"And why should I?" Changmin frowned in dislike.

"Cause you have no reason to reject it, come on!" Jonghyun already pulled Changmin's hand and gestured him to carry Joon together.

"Bum, come on!" Jonghyun said, only slightly glancing to Kibum because Joon's head was blocking his view.

Kibum was about to say something when Jiyong cut him off, "He's with me. Just get yourself off."

Jonghyun only groaned as he kicked the door open, didn't respond to Jiyong's words. Whether it's because he didn't hear or he actually didn't care because he was too high.

Losing his card match partner, Amber thought he needed more booze that she decided to to go out to the bar.

Jiyong was also standing up after finishing his weed, thinking to follow Amber.

"You guys want to drink some more ?" Jiyong asked, pretending he didn't see how the pair in front of him sat so close together.

"Uh.. I drive alone here.." Jinki said, pulling his arm from behind Kibum out of self-consciousness. "So, No.."

"Kibum ?" Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

"No.." Kibum automaticaly said.

Jiyong nodded and pursed his lips "Then you can go back with Onew, right ? I need to wait for Amber and some others.."

Kibum nodded.

Jinki nodded too, out of excitement because he didn't even need to ask Kibum himself to ride with him.

"Okay, then." Jiyong said "Shall we go ?" he clapped, leading the way out first by opening the door and stepping outside, letting Kibum followed him behind.

Jinki was the last to stand up and walk out of the room.

"Close the door, Onew." Jiyong shouted without turning his head, stretching his limbs as he walked through the dim hallway.

Jinki shouted back 'Okay' and closed the backroom door, before he turned around and surprised to see Kibum was walking too slow to follow Jiyong, as if he was waiting for Jinki. Or did he really wait for him ?

Jinki couldn't help but to smile at the thought, then he decided to fasten his walking pace to reach Kibum.

And once he was matching his step with Kibum', without a word, he reached his hand out to grab Kibum' elbow and let his fingers slid down to slip in between the younger's digits, half-pulling him in the dark without even looking back.

 

--

 

After they bid goodbye to Jiyong and Amber they passed on the bar on their way out -both of them saw their interlocking hands, which Jinki had tightened when he and Kibum walked through the crowd, but didn't say much-, they got out to Jinki's car that was parked not far from the club's door, walked still hand in hand.

Somehow, Jinki acted like they used to do this before, too casual that it made Kibum less tense.

Then being the gentleman that he was, Jinki opened the door for Kibum before he walked to the driver side. He started the engine and drove away from the parking lot.

This was not the first time Kibum saw Jinki driving nor the first time they were alone in a car together. But somehow, that night felt different. Because now things between them were not the same anymore, weren't they ?

So when Kibum turned to see Jinki, those strong hands firmly gripping the wheel, his crescent eyes sharp, focusing on the road, it made him twice more gorgeous than before, and something flipped on his stomach.

"What time is it ?" Jinki suddenly asked.

"Hm ? Almost one." Kibum glanced to his watch then to Jinki "Why ?'

"It's quite early.." Jinki said, pursing his lips. "Do you want to go back ?" he turned to face Kibum.

"Shouldn't we ?" Kibum asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Or should we go.. somewhere ?" Jinki said, subtly.

Kibum hummed after catching the hint before he asked "Are you hungry?"

"Kind of.." Jinki said.

"I know this nice place to eat.." Kibum said "If you want to go to.."

"Call !" Jinki said, deciding to let the younger settle everything tonight.

"Turn left after this traffic light." Kibum led him.

"Yes, Ma'am." Jinki said and got a rather cute glare from the guy beside him.

--

Twenty minutes later, the nice place turned out to be a small street chicken and beer stall on the outskirts of town. A friendly ahjumma greeted them when they got out from their car and as soon as she got to see them clearer, she seemed to recognize Kibum immediately.

"It's been a while!" she exclaimed. "I thought you already forget this old lady !"

Kibum laughed heartily, putting one of his hands around the ahjumma' shoulder while saying sorry that he barely had time. Cause it was true though, and adding the fact that the place was kinda far from headquarters, reaching the hill area.

She only laughed as the respond before telling them to sit and went away to make Kibum's usual order.

"Make it two, Ahjumma." Kibum said, raising his point and middle fingers before he glanced to Jinki, who was wandering his eyes around with a funny expression like it was the first time he saw a street stall like this. It's quite cute, tho.

Not long after, their orders were ready and were served in boxes, which made Jinki frowned.

"I thought we'd eat here ?" Jinki said after he paid for everything, despite the fact that Kibum had already pulled out his wallet.

Kibum only smiled at him as he shook his head. And this time, it was his turn to grab Jinki's hand and pulled him out of the stall after he shouted 'thank you' to the ahjumma.

But Kibum didn't lead him to the car, instead they were approaching a forgotten-looking three story building two blocks away from the stall.

Kibum was still holding his hand, pulling him toward the stair that was circling outside the building. Jinki had no idea where the younger would bring them to but he decided not to ask and just followed him.

Once they had reached the top of the stair, Jinki could only hold his breath. Because eventhough the rooftop they just stepped onto was not too big and not too high, he could see the beautiful night view of Seoul glowing before him.

"Waa.." Jinki said.

"Yeah." Kibum replied, like he was expecting that kind of reaction. "The view is more breathtaking at night." he said again, after snatching the plastic bag of their chickens and beers that was held by Jinki and put it in front of one side of rooftop wall.

"What exactly is this place ?" Jinki asked, taking a seat on the floor next to the plastic bag, where Kibum sat on the other side.

"Where I liked to escape." Kibum said simply.

Jinki just raised his eyebrows.

"It was hard being Kkangpae at first.." Kibum said after sighing "In early years, I would go here just to sit and watch the sky, thinking about nothing, forgetting my own difficulties."

Jinki just remained silent as he watched Kibum reminiscing his past.

"But I know the chicken ahjumma even before I became a Kkangpae." he said "I used to live around this area, alone, and ahjumma was really helping me a lot during my worst time. She treated me like her own son and for that I owed her so much. She was still in grey about my job, tho. Yeah well, not like she's asking clearly about it..."

Kibum shrugged "I just feel bad that I haven't visited her in more than a year.."

"You just did though." Jinki said softly, feeling good that Kibum initiated to talk about all of it first without him asking.

"Yeah.." Kibum said "Thanks to you."

"Me ?" Jinki laughed "For what ?"

"For the food and for accompanying me here." Kibum said, turning his head to look at Jinki who was just nodding and staring quietly at him.

Kibum smiled a bit because he didn't really know how to break the eye contact, so he turned again to sit upright, cross his leg and start to rip open the boxes.

The smoke of the spice and the fresh fried meat was so inviting that Jinki gulped. Kibum chuckled a bit at the sound before handed the older a chicken wing and so they started to devour their supper.

"I think I agree with you." Jinki said after biting his second drumstick.

"About what?" Kibum asked.

"That this place is as nice as the food."

"I know right." Kibum sounded proud of himself.

Maybe it's because of the nice ambience, or because a full stomach equaled a happy feeling, or maybe it's just because of Kibum had already grew accustomed to Jinki's presence. Whatever it was, Jinki was glad that Kibum started to open up for him.

He let the younger talked about everything he wanted to share, while he just responded with one or two words.

He liked listening to Kibum's voice. He liked watching how Kibum's eyes lit up when he told him a good memory or how his tiny lips slowly turned into a pout when he talked about something upsetting.

"So, don't you dare to mention ducks in front of me.. I hate them.." Kibum said, while ripping the last wing left with his teeth.

Jinki shook his head a little as he saw the crunchs from the fried skin were falling and scattering around Kibum's lap.

"Why are you eating so messily ?" Jinki asked, smiling before picking a crunch that was sticking on Kibum's chin and putting it inside his own mouth instead.

Kibum was gulping and feeling his cheeks grew hot seeing what the older did but he tried to act nonchalant by drinking his beer.

"Don't drink too much." Jinki warned.

"Why? I'm not driving..." Kibum reasoned childisly, still gulping down his drink.

Jinki just shook his head again as he started to tidy up the empty boxes and cans when Kibum'd done, putting them aside before shifting closer to the younger and resting his head on the wall behind them.

And they stayed in silence for sometimes. Kibum was hugging his legs, staring into nothingness while Jinki himself was watching Kibum that was sitting a little to the front, feeling his heart swelled achingly just because of it.

He just wanted to kidnap the guy and keep him safe in his home. But then he realized that somehow, Home and Kibum were not the words that could exist in one sentence, ever. And he hated the reality for it. So, so much.

"Have you ever imagined how your life would be without Kkangpae?" Jinki asked out of the blue.

Kibum turned to him, frowning. "What do you mean?"

"Your life.. If you're not a Kkangpae.. like what would you gonna do and be ?"

"I don't understand..."

"You wouldn't be a Kkangpae for the rest of your life if you have the choice, right? If you could pursue your dream ?" Jinki asked.

"Dream ?" Kibum chuckled a little "Everyone's dream died and to be forgotten once they joined Kkangpae." he said "But... Did i even have a dream before ? I don't think so.. I never have one.."

"Why ?"

"I wasn't a kid that lived with baloons, warm milk and baby-sitters everyday, Onew. I was a kid that was too busy looking inside a trash can to eat." Kibum shook his head "If I ever had a dream, it must be about the stir chicken soup sold in the end of the street that was too expensive for me to buy."

Jinki could hear a slight pain on Kibum's next chuckle. He gulped down as he cursed himself for his naivety. He had heard about how bitter Kibum's life before, so why should he bring it up again ?

Just because he was too stubborn and selfish, wanting to keep Kibum close to his life, as closer and as normal as possible by the time he would be back at the palace. And he ended up asking more stupid questions.

"I'm sorry.." Jinki said, reaching his hand out to land it on Kibum's back "I'm so stupid."

Kibum shook his head as he finally leaned back to the wall, letting Jinki's hand travelled to his nape so it wasn't squished in between.

"It's fine.. I'm just.." Kibum just took a deep breath before he closed his eyes and tilted his head to rest it on Jinki's shoulder "I'm tired.."

Jinki wasn't sure of what Kibum was feeling tired of. The talk, his whole life or just their little escapade.

But Jinki didn't want to think, as he also closed his eyes and moved his hand down from the younger's nape to wrap his tiny shoulder then to caress along his arm.

Because he knew he had gone too far than he supposed to. Only if he could rewind the time, only if he didn't take this mission in the first place, only if he listened to Minho to be more careful.

Only if he wasn't Onew and he wasn't Key...