One Year Later

SECOND CHANCE

Seungho knock the door of Chairman Park’s office room that already half open.

“Come in,” Chairman Park’s voice heard from the inside. And then, Seungho open the door and found that Chairman Park’s is doing something that he always done from the entire day. Looking at the photo frame of his daughter.

“President Park, the car already waiting for you outside. And your private jet already waiting for you at the airport. Are you ready to leave now?” ask Seungho after bowing at him. Chairman Park turn his head on Seungho and smile sorrowful.

“Seungho-ya, can you sit here for a moment. I need someone to talk to.” Said Chairman Park make Seungho nodding his head and sit at the chair in front of President Park table, hasitatetly.

“You know, when your father still alive, he is the one that always sit on that chair when I need someone to talk too. And I’m glad that there’s you now.” Said President Park and smile at Seungho. Seungho only nodding his head a little and look at the chairman.

“What do you want to talk about, President Park?”

The president sigh before he start to speak. “I miss my family.”

Seungho lift his head up and look at the sorrow eyes of Chairman Park’s.

“Since I lost my wife and one of my daughter twenty six years ago, the most precious thing for me is my only daughter. Park Soyeon. And now, I also need to leave her. I never be together with her since your father bring her back when she was a one year old baby from that tragedy.”

Seungho suddenly remember that tragedy that still roaming inside his head as a permanent memory that he can’t forget forever. And he know how misserable is Chairman Park’s life since that time.

“Seungho-ya, since I heard about your wife’s death that maybe happened because of your work with me, I can’t stop blaming myself even more. I feel like I broke my promise with your father. I feel like I can protect the family of the person that already protect my family.” Chairman Park look at Seungho with his sorrow eyes. Seungho then shoke his head.

“No, President. It’s not your fault. There’s never even once that a thought slip out from my mind that my wife’s death is because i’m working with you. So, you don’t need to blaming yourself.”

Chairman Park smile and nodding his head. “You’re truly your father’s son. And I can’t choose anyone beside you anymore.”

President Park then take something under his table. It’s a map and he put it in front of Seungho.

“Seungho-ya, there’s something that I need you to do.” Chairman Park look at Seungho and open the map and then he push it closer to Seungho.

“What do you want me to do with this, President?”

“You can read this first.”

Seungho then start to ready the paper and for the next second he bulging his eyes. President Park already know what was in Seungho mind.

“Seungho-ya,”

“President,” for the first time since he work with Chairman Park, this is the first time he cut the Chairman’s word. “With all of my respect for you, I’m sorry to cut your word.”

President Park nodding his head, understand what was Seungho just do. He then let Seungho continue his word first.

“But, what is the purpose of this agreement? I’m the new CEO of the SJ Park Group? And your daughter fiancé?”

President Park nodding his head. “Yes. You’re the new CEO of the SJ Park Group and also my son-in-law.”

“But, how can this be? I’m sorry, President. With all of my respect, I can’t accept this.”

President Park then take another map under his table. Then he push it in front of Seungho. Seungho understand what he must do. So, he open the map and start to read it. And suddenly...

“Ms. Park is...”

“Yes. My daughter, the only heir of SJ Park Group is sick. She has a chronic kidney disease. And... we never know until when she will survive.”

Seungho look at Chairman Park’s teary eyes and start to feel sad.

“I need to leave Korea and stay in America until the time that I never can predict. And I doesn’t have anyone that I can trust to protect my bussines... and also my only daughter, beside you. And the only thing that make you can protect all of it is by become my daughter fiancé. I know there’s many things that you should done and it maybe the hardest thing that you even can’t imagine. But, I know no one beside you that i can trust, Seungho-ya. Beside, I have a feeling that your wife death is something that connected to all of this, just like your father. So you can find everything together.”

Seungho still look at Chairman Park with his can’t  believe look. “I even never see your daughter. And I know she’ll never agree with this. Suddenly become a fiancée from someone that she never know. And what about my son? My family? And top of that, I’m a married man. Do you never tought about any of that before you making this plan, Sir?”

“I know. I already think about everything, Seungho-ya. And I already have a plan. You just can go with it. And trust me, it’s going to be okay. I just want to save my daughter, Seungho-ya. And I will do everything for her. Just like your father did for you.”  

President Park then look deeply into Seungho eyes. “Can you help me to protect all of this for me, Seungho-ya? Can you protect everything that belongs to my daughter, and also my daughter herself? Can you help me?”

Seungho then look at President Park. “And what if everything already save, President?”

President Park smile for a second. “You can do anything you like. You can choose to leave it all behind and only become the security guard again for my daughter. As long as my daughter is save. And you can found who’s the person behind your wife’s death.”

-0-

Soyeon cry harder when she hang up the phone. He close her face with both of her hand and sobbing hard there. It was her father. He just called and tell her about his departure to New York today. It’s all for Soyeon safety.

Since she was a little girl, she always leave separated with her father. It’s because they want to keep Soyeon out of reach from his father’s bussiness enemy. So, since Soyeon in Korea, her father will stay in New York so they can outwit the enemy’s plan do detact Soyeon’s location.

But, Soyeon’s existness is known only by one and only enemy that his father has. There’s no one know if Chairman’s Park has a daughter. So, actually Soyeon is just a normal person in every body eyes. Only a young Korean designer that already open a boutique in Los Angeles. But for that one and only enemy, Soyeon is the most target that they need to destroy so they can destroy the company all at once.

Suddenly, someone hug Soyeon from behind and make Soyeon turn around.

“Byunghee Oppa...”

Byunghee suddenly realize that Soyeon is crying. “What happened to you, Soyeon-a?” ask Byunghee and turn Soyeon to facing him. Soyeon then cry and hug Byunghee.

“I can’t see my father anymore for a long time, Oppa.”

“Why?”

“He’s leaving to New York and doesn’t know when he will come back. I only see him for two days since I’m back from Los Angeles. After that, I live here with you, and I never see him anymore, Oppa. I miss him. Why we need to be in this hard circumstances?”

Byunghee then cares Soyeon back gently.

“Soyeon-a, it’s okay. You’re father will be okay. He did all of this for your savety. And you know that. I’m here with you. Your father also know that.”

Soyeon then look at Byunghee. “It’s all because of his bussiness enemy, Oppa. Someday I’ll found them and I’ll crushed them down. So I can live with my father and with you happily.” Said Soyeon with his angry eyes.

Byunghee smile and pull her to his hug. “Yes, Soyeon-a. You have to crushed them down. So, you have to stay save first, eo?”

“Yes... Thank you for always beside me Oppa... I love you.”

“I love you more.” Said Byunghee.

-0-

“Injung-a, how are you yeobo?”

Seungho cares Injung’s picture on her grave. His eyes start to teary.

“It’s been a week since you were gone. Are you happy there? Are you save there? Mavin and I also happy and save here.”

Finally Seungho tears flow down and fall on the ground one by one.

“Even we’re happy and save, but we miss you so much Injung-a. We miss you and this happiness will become the most fakeness in the world.”

“Ah, do you see Mavin when he sing both of your favourite song? And he said that he sang it for his mother. Mavin also keep asking when will you come back home. We miss you so much, Injung-a.”

Seungho let go his tears for a moment in front of Injung’s silence grave. Then after he enough crying, he touch Injung’s picture once again.

“Injung-a, President Park ask me to do something that beyond everything that I ever imagine. What do i need to do? I’m confused. It’ll much easier if you were here, Injung-a. I need you. I need my wife.”

Suddenly, the wind blows gently for Seungho and make one of the white flower fall beside Injung’s picture on the grave. Seungho then look above and found the sky is getting bright and the sun shine gently above his head.

He then smile and cares Injung’s grave once again. “Thank you for always been there for me, Injung-a. I love you.”

-0-

“Appa!!!” Mavin yells happy and run from his aunty laps to his father when Seungho is walking inside the house. Seungho then carried Mavin and hug his son tightly.

“My son! I miss you!” said Seungho and start to playing fight with his son on the living room.

“Seungho-ya, you’re home?” ask Seungho mother to Seungho.

Seungho then nodding his head because he’s to bussy to play with his son.

“Ah, eomma, Jiyeon-a, I need to talk to you about something important also with Myungsoo. Where’s Myungsoo?”

“He’s going to the supermarket, Oppa.” Answer Jiyeon and make Seungho nodding his head. Then he back to playing with his son again.

Night is arrive. Seungho already put Mavin to sleep. After that, they gather all of his family in the middle of the living room.

“What happened, Seungho-ya? Is there something wrong?” ask his mother. Seungho shoke his head and then he look at three of them deeply.

“I need to do something that really important. I need to go for a time that I can’t predict and will never can comeback on that time.” Three of them look at Seungho startled.

“Seungho-ya,”

“Eomma…” Seungho stop his mother’s word and continue his word. “Look, for all of us safety, I need all of you also do the things that I told you without asking any question.”

Three of them just look at Seungho and listen his word.

“First, I want both of you to become Mavin’s new parents.”

“What?” Myungsoo and Jiyeon shocked when they heard what just Seungho said. Seungho then put a map and also a little red box in front of them.

“It’s your marriage and Mavin’s birth document. I already prepare everything. And this is your wedding ring. Both of you have to wear this and become a family with Mavin.”

“And eomma, you’re Myungsoo’s mother. The document already inside the map. All of you can check it later.”

“And the last thing is, until the time that I can’t tell you when, all of you never know me. Never told people that I’m your family and Mavin’s father. I’m just Yang Seungho that all of you never know. I’ll send money secretly and I’ll sent someone to check on all of you frequently.”

“Seungho-ya, what is this all about?” ask his mother once again. Seungho then hold his mother hands and look at each of them one by one.

“Look, I know all of you must be confused and startled for all of this. But I’m doing this for something that so important. You’ll understand in the next one year. But you still need to keep silent. All of you just need to believe me. Myungsoo-ya, can you help me protect this family?” ask Seungho.

Myungsoo sigh and nodding his head, make Seungho smile and cares his brother head.

“Eomma, Jiyeon-a, please raised Mavin and all of you, please be safe. My family safety is the things that going to make me alive. So, please, be safe. All of you.”

Then, without any word, three of them nodding their head together. Seungho smile and hug his mother and cares Jiyeon’s head.

“I’ll be back, okay? Please, take care Mavin for me.” Said Myungsoo make three of them nodding their head together.

-0-

“Appa, where are you going?” ask Mavin when he see Seungho walk downstair in the middle of his breakfast. Jiyeon and Seungho’s mother look at each other and choose to stay silent.

Seungho smile and walk to his son. He then carried him up. “Appa need to work somewhere. Far away from here.”

“So, when do you will come home?”

Seungho then hug Mavin tighter. “Mavin-a, appa maybe will be back for a long time. So, I need you to be a good son for your imo and samchon.”

Mavin turn around and found Jiyeon and Myungsoo already standing side by side.

“Now, Imo is your mother. You have to start calling her eomma. And samchon is your father. You also need to call him appa.”

Mavin look at his father confused. “Then, what do I need to call you, appa?”

Seungho laugh and cares his son head. “Just keep calling me appa. You still have appa and eomma. But you lucky to have more eomma and appa now, Mavinnie.” Said Seungho make Mavin nodding his head happy.

“Eo! I’m happy that imo and samchon is my second eomma and appa.” Said Mavin make all of them smile on him.

“So, until appa is back, you have to be a good boy, okay? And when I’m back, I’ll bring you so many present. How about that?” Said Seungho with his cracked voice because he hold his tears. Jiyeon and his mother already cry to see both of them like this.

“Yes! Okay appa! I’ll be a good boy!! I love you appa.” Said Mavin and kiss his father lips.

Seungho nodding his head and hug his son tightly. He start to cry and kiss his son head severaly. “I love you more, son.”

Then after that, Seungho walk outside their house followed by all of his family. A car already waiting for him in front of his house and Joon already standing in front that car, waiting for Seungho.

“Good bye, appa.” Said Mavin and wave his hand to Seungho. Seungho smile and wave his hand on his son with a teary eyes.

“Good bye, son.” Wishper Seungho and go inside the car. Finally the car start to leaving his house. Leaving his family. Leaving his life. Without turning back anymore.

-0-

One year later…

“Eomma!” Mavin run inside the house and then run to Jiyeon that still cooking in the kitchen. Jiyeon then carried her son to his embrace.

“Omo! My son already come back home? Are you tired, agi-ya?” ask Jiyeon and kiss Mavin’s cheek.

“Ani. Appa buy me an ice cream when we come back home.” Said Mavin make Jiyeon laugh and kiss his son cheek. Myungsoo appa is always like this. Picking Mavin from school and always bring him to eat ice cream after that.  

“Jiyeon-a, here, ice cream for you.” Myungsoo that just come inside the house after parking the car and put the plastic bag filled with ice cream in front of Jiyeon then walk to the living room.

“Annyeong, oppa.”  

“Where’s eomma?”

“She’s sleeping upstair and asked me to wake her up for dinner.”

Myungsoo then nodding his head. After that, he turn on the television and search for his favourite program.

“A live report from the press conference of the announcement of SJ Park Group new CEO.” Myungsoo then stop at the news chanel and start to watch the news about the biggest company in South Korea.

Jiyeon then walk to the living room with Mavin and sit on the floor while eating ice cream. Myungsoo then look at both of them and chukled a little.

“SJ Park Group including the school, broadcasting station, and all of the company under that group will have a new president since Park President is going abroad to have some medical treatment.”

“Wow, SJ Park is so big and I never tought that the company that Seungho Oppa’s working in will be that big. Maybe Seungho Oppa work with that new CEO. What do you think Oppa, do you think that Seungho Oppa has a job to be with the new CEO right now?”

“Eo. It’s possible.” Said Myungsoo and back to the television.

“And the new CEO for SJ Park Group is…”

Suddenly, Jiyeon and Myungsoo then startled together when the television show a person that standing in front of the camera. He then bow his body and walk in the middle of the front table and sit at the place where the new CEO belongs.

“Op… Oppa...” Jiyeon shuttered and can’t continue her word.

And suddenly, “Appa?!” Mavin yells happy and run in front of the television. Touching that person face that surely is…

“Yang Seungho. The new CEO of SJ Park Group and also the fiancé of President Park one and only daughter.”

To Be Continued

Annyeong!

This is the new chapter.

I hope all of you will like it. Bytheway, theres a little change about the time. But it’s okay. It’s not change the story anyway ^^

Ohya, I hope all of you will give me more comments that before. Subscribe and vote also my wish for all of you guys.

So, enjoy the story.

Love, rashimaa