Yang Mavin

SECOND CHANCE

L.A

“Merry Christmas, Ms. Park.” Annie, Soyeon’s secretary open the boutique’s show room front door for her boss. Soyeon walk inside while she’s still talking on the phone. Annie give Soyeon her iPad and let Soyeon check it out.

“One dress for Jessica Stroup for the Gala tomorrow evening? Is it already done?” ask Soyeon and give the iPad back to Annie. Annie noding her head and show Soyeon one of the black gown that already fit into the manequine.

“Here’s the gown, Miss. And also the dress for Emma Stone is already fixed. They’re going to take it this afternoon.” Soyeon nod her head a little and walk inside the boutique’s workshop to checked all of her employee’s work.

“The torso part a little bit biger and look unproposional. Fixed it. The base layer is longer than the silk layer. Cut it out and make it better.” Soyeon point out the mistake from the gown one by one while their still working on their dress project. Like usual, Soyeon just check on their work one by one and give a comment without even smile and give any respect to any other employee that giving her a morning greeting.

After she’s finished checking all of the dress project, she walk upstair to go to her room with Annie.

“Is everyone already in my office?” ask Soyeon to Annie.

“Yes, Miss. They’ve been waiting for you.”

Everybody waving at Soyeon when they see Soyeon outside her office from the glass wall. And when Soyeon come inside, Tonya, her secretary take Soyeon things and give her the cup of her coffee.

“Late for one and a half hours, unnie?” tease Hyomin to Soyeon when she sit on the one-person sofa in the middle of the set. Late for Soyeon is a big no-no, so it’s must be something fishy happened behind Soyeon’s late coming.

“Somebody had a great night on the Christmas Eve last night.” Now it’s Eunjung, who’s the culprit, turn to tease Soyeon. Make everybody laugh at Soyeon.

“Ya, enough. Back to the business. How’s the dress for the next fashion show?” Soyeon try to switch the topic make everyone laugh even more.

“Is he lame? So you don’t want to tell us the ‘story’?” Qri make a quotes mark on the ‘story’ word with her fingers make Soyeon glare at her.

“Soyeonnie, tell us about last night. Eunjung already told us that the guy last night is your high school boyfriend. And you never saw him for the last ten years until last night. Is that true?” ask Boram. Soyeon and Eunjung actually shared their high school time on the same school, and the other girls was their collage friends.

Soyeon doesn’t give any answer to Boram question. She just concentrate to the gown that Annie and Tonya show her. So, Eunjung start to take the question.

“He’s Soyeon Unnie first crush. And... Soyeon unnie first... you guys should already know what i mean.” Said Eunjung make everybody shouting ‘wow’ together. Soyeon look at Eunjung and hit her laps.

“How dare you!” said Soyeon but didn’t give any impact to Eunjung. All of these girl was already used with Soyeon’s attitude, so they’re not scared on her anymore. Except when Soyeon is really angry on something that really serious, because it’s really scary.

Actually, Soyeon is not the person that having a explosive emotion. Her cold attitude, arrogant, and selfish make her never speak much to anybody. Her poker face is her trade mark. Everyone already learned how to understand what’s Soyeon’s wants. So, if there’s nothing change on her straight expression, it means that you’re safe. If one of her eyebrows rise up, you’re going to get in to a trouble. But if she’s starting to clenching her teeth, so it’s better of you to stay away from her eyes for who know’s long. Ah, do you know Miranda Priestly on ‘The Devil Wears Prada’? Yup, Soyeon is the younger and real version of her. 

“Unnie, you’re so lucky to had your first with a hot guy like him. Mine was with my nerd boyfriend that always sneeze when he’s reach the .” Said Hyomin make everybody laughing. Even Soyeon chukled a little because of her.

“Sneeze? Is that guy having a cold or something? In every ?” ask Qri between her laugh make Hyomin pouting her lips at her and start to laugh together.

Finally they start to checked on every cloths that they’re already prepare. Soyeon is the head designer, with Eunjung and Boram, Qri and Hyomin is their life manequine and also their boutique ambassador.

When Soyeon checked the gown that already on Hyomin’s perfect body, suddenly she feels sick. Her body start to limp, make her grip Hyomin’s arm immediately to hold her body so she will not fall.

“Soyeon Unnie! Are you okay?” ask every girls with their worried look. All of them approached Soyeon to checked Soyeon condition. Soyeon try to keep her body balance because her head is start to get dizzy.

“Soyeon-a, gwencana?” ask Qri. Soyeon noding her head slowly, but after that, she run out from her office to the toilet make everyone also following her worried.

And after she’s arrive, she’s throw up on the toilet. Qri and Hyomin that comes after her, help Soyeon hold her hair and pating her back. While Eunjung and Boram is looking for a towell for Soyeon.

“Wae unnie-ya? Are you sick?” ask Eunjung to Soyeon when she’s cleaning with watter, with her worried voice. Soyeon just shooking her head and try to keep awake with her dizzy head. They finally bring Soyeon back to her office and help Soyeon sit on the sofa. Boram give Soyeon the hot tea and she start to drink it slowly.

“What do you feel Soyeonnie? What happened to you?” ask Boram.

“I was just feeling a little unwell. Nothing’s wrong.” Said Soyeon careless while she hold her head that feel so dizzy.

Suddenly Hyomin startled. “Unnie-ya!” yelled Hyomin make all of her unnie’s get shocked, especially Soyeon. Qri smacked Hyomin’s head angry.

“Ya! Don’t yelled to loud! Soyeon is sick, you paboya!” said Qri make Hyomin shake her head immediately.

“No, no no! I think Soyeon Unnie is not sick.”

All of them is looking at Hyomin. Also Soyeon that still feeling so dizzy and sick. Hyomin start to opening .

“Unnie-ya... do you using protection last night?”

Soyeon look at Hyomin with her confused look. “What protection?” ask Soyeon didn’t understand. Hyomin sigh hard and look at Soyeon with her mad expression.

“ of course!” said Hyomin make everybody startled.

“Ya, ya, ya! What are you talking Hyominie. Aigoo, this kid is never grow up.” Said Eunjung. Soyeon just look at Hyomin with her ‘WTF’ expression without even bother to give an answer.

“No, really! You were had last night with that ‘Byunghee’ guy, right? Are you using protection? A.k.a ? It can be a reason that you have a sick feeling in the morning, and that things usually called ‘morning sickness’ F.Y.I.” said Hyomin make everyone start to get into her point. Qri is the first person that start to look at Soyeon with her curious face, followed by everybody.

When Soyeon recieve all of their weird look, Soyeon groan annoyed. “I just had my period this morning, for God’s sake.” Said Soyeon and finally choose to leave the office to get some rest on her appartment.

And when Soyeon leave her office, all of them turn their head on Hyomin and glare at her.

“What? I just told my prediction, which is can be wrong right? Jinjja! Just because i’m the maknae, doesn’t mean that i can’t spit out my thought, right? Bytheway, was she had between her period? Is it sterile?” whine Hyomin make her unnie’s just can shook their head, don’t understand why Hyomin is so stupid.

-0-

Soyeon read the text that written on the little paper on her hand. She sigh heavy and lay her body on the sofa. Soyeon close her eyes with on of her hand to avoid the light from the living room lamp.

“You need to have a surgery, Soyeon-a. We can’t wait anymore, you body can’t wait anymore.”

“What for? I’m ing tired with all of this. I don’t care if I’m going to die, anyway.” Said Soyeon still on the same position, without opening her eyes. Jay, Soyeon’s doctor look at Soyeon with his sorry feeling to her.

“At least, start to have a hemodialisa routinely. The last time you do it, it’s about three months ago. And i know that you still drinking and smoking. You know it’s really dangerous for you. Do you even care about your disease?”

Soyeon doesn’t answer anything, pretend to sleep. But Jay knows that she’s just avoiding this situation. So, he preparing his bag and put one bottle of medicine on the table.

“I know you can hear me. Drink this pills three times in a day. And... start to have a little care to your body, Soyeon-a. You may not care if you die someday, you will not know anything anyway. But everyone that’s love you, care. They care about you. They even scared to lose you. Try to think about them. Try to think about your father.” Said Jay and finally leave Soyeon apartment. Leaving Soyeon. Leaving Soyeon’s tears that drop quietly one by one.

She take something that always stay on her neck since she was a baby. That necklace. Soyeon open the necklace and look at the name on the necklace Park Taehwan, and beside the name, there’s a photo that Soyeon put herself when she was ten years old. It’s her mother’s photo. She cares her mother’s photo and start to cry harder.

“Eomma... i miss you. Why you didn’t took me instead of Gayeonnie?”  

-0-

Soyeon walk to her bedroom when she heard her handphone’s ringtone. She read the caller, new number. So, Soyeon just put it back to it place before and choose to not answer it. But it ringing several times, and finally, Soyeon accept the call.

“Helo?”

“Helo, can i speak to Ms. Soyeon Park?”

Soyeon feel so familiar with his voice. It must be, “Ya, waegurae?” ask Soyeon coldly, make him laugh there because recieving Soyeon cold attitude at him.

“How do you know it was me?” ask him, that obviously Jung Byunghee. Soyeon chukled a little.

“You are the only man with the most nasal voice that i’ve known. So it’s not difficult to recognize you. Where did you get my number?” asked Soyeon make Byunghee laugh there.

“It’s a secret. I’m your number one fans, and I will use many ways to get closer to you.”

“Are you just flirted with me?”

“Hem... it’s depend on your reaction. If it’s work, than, yes! I flirt you. If it’s not, just think it was my one of million ways to flirt with you.”

“Anyway, how are you? We haven’t spoke since... 12 hours ago. I missed you already.” Said Byunghee make Soyoen smile a little.

“Ya, i have many things to do. I can’t speak with you right now.”

“Jinjja? Even just for an hour?”

“Eo.”

“Hem... how a bout tomorow? Can i see you in your office?”

Soyeon smile again. “Hem... i don’t know. If i’m not busy tomorow.”

Byunghee laugh happy. “Okay! It’s a ‘yes’ then. See you tomorow! Bye!”

-0-

“Yes I’m fine appa. Yes... i never forgot to drink my medicine. How about you? Are you okay?” ask Soyeon on the phone with her father.

“Eo. I’m fine Soyeon-a. I was so worried when Jay called me and told me about your condition. Why don’t you go to take hemodialisa, Soyeon-a?”

Soyeon sigh because she heard her father worried voice.

“Appa, don’t believe anything that Jay’s said to you. He just want me to take every rehabilitation even that i don’t need anything of it. I’m fine and i never get sick. I just a little tired since i just finished my fashion show two days ago. Eo? Appa also need to take care about appa’s condition. Don’t ever get sick, eo?” ask Soyeon to her father.

“Yes i will, my daughter. Bytheway, it’s five days to new years. Do you want me to go to L.A earlier right now? I don’t have anything to do anyway. And since Yang Jaesung’s son became my security guard, i feel more save right now. So, do you want me to come to L.A earlier this year? How about tomorow?”

Soyeon suddenly feel so happy and she noding her head quickly. “Yes! Yes! Come here appa. I miss you so much.”

When she still talking with her father, Annie come inside her office.

“Appa, i called you when i get home. I need to do something. Eo?”

After she hang up her father called, she look at Annie.

“Ms. Park, there’s someone who wants to meet you.”

Soyeon look at Annie confused. “Who? It’s still early in the morning.”

Annie move backwards and show someone who stand behind her with one roses bouquet in front of his face. He walk inside and standing in front of Soyeon’s table.

“Good morning,”

He take away the bouquet and give it to Soyeon. Make Soyeon smile a little, she look at him and sigh a little. She put away the flower and glare at him.

“You have to bring me some food instead of all this roses, Byunghee Oppa.”

 

-February 10th, 2008-

Injung suddenly wakes up from her sleep and touch her tummy. She tap Seungho’s shoulder that sleep backing her, try to wakes him up.

“Oppa... Seungho Oppa, wakes up.” Said Injung softly.

“Wae? It’s still midnight, Injung-a.” answer Seungho in his sleep, not intended to open his eyes. Injung tap Seungho harder while she start to a little and touching her tummy.

“Oppa... Wakes up. It’s... it’s hurt..” said Injung make Seungho finally turn his body to Injung and try to open his eyes slowly. He look at Injung that look so stiff.

“Wae?” ask Seungho. Injung suddenly grab Seungho hand and grip it harder.

“Oppa... i think i want to giving birth.” Said him make Seungho suddenly awakes.

“Giv... giving birth?!” ask Seungho start to panic. Injung noding her head while she biting her bottom lips, try to endure the contraction. Look at Injung reaction, Seungho wakes up immediately and turn on the lights. He start to gets panic.

“Eomma!! Jiyeon-a!!! Eomma!!!” Seungho open the bedroom door and start to yelling loudly. He looks at Injung that still sitting on the bed without moving and a little because of her contraction. He come to Injung and hold her hands.

“Ya... ya, are you allright? Is it hurt much?” ask Seungho to Injung. She just noding her head without even open because she still holding the contraction silently. Her face already getting red and she start to sweating. Suddenly, Injung grab Seungho’s left hand and grip it again harder that before.

“AKH! Oppa.” Injung’s hurt groan make Seungho getting panick again and run outside their bedroom to Jiyeon and her mother’s bedroom. He knock the door unpatiently.

“Eomma! Eomma!!! Jiyeon-a!!! Open the dooor!!!!” yells Seungho. He look at Injung for a moment, she’s still holding her pain in silence. Not so long, Jiyeon open her bedroom door with her sleepy look.

“Waegurae oppa? It’s still midnight!” Jiyeon groan angry at Seungho. Her mother also wakes up slowly because of Seungho hard knocking.

“Injung! Injung is giving birth!! Eomma!”

Jiyeon and her mother suddenly awakes when they heard Seungho’s word. “Injung is giving birth?!” ask her mother and run out from her bedroom with Jiyeon to Injung’s bedroom.

“Injung-a,” Seungho’s mother hold Injung’s hand, try to calm her down and start to giving order to Seungho and Jiyeon.

“Jiyeon-a, prepare all of Injung’s stuff. Just prepare one complete pair. Quickly. And give me her coat and her scarf. Seungho-ya, wakes Myungsoo and tell him to start the car. Get back here and take Injung down. Palli!”

Seungho and Jiyeon noding their head and start doing all the things that Seungho’s eomma told them to. Seungho get downstair and wakes Myungsoo. After that, he gets back to his room and place himself in front of Injung that still because of the pain. But she just a little. She’s not even yelling.

“Palli, get on my back!” said Seungho suddenly make her mother hit his back.

“Ya! She’s pregnant, paboya! How she get on your back?!” said his mother make Seungho realize the situation. He’s to panic to think straight. It’s even can make Injung laugh between her pain. Finally, Seungho carried Injung on bridal style and they get down from their room with Jiyeon and her mother following them behind. Myungsoo open the car door when he see Seungho and Injung coming.

“Drive the car, Myungsoo-ya. Your hyung is not on his mind right now.” Said Seungho’s mother to Myungsoo. Myungsoo noding his head and finally, all of them is get inside the car.

-0-

Seungho can’t stop his tears to falling. He close his mouth with his left hands and get a long sigh. Jiyeon smile and walk at him, pulling Seungho’s left hand. But Seungho just stand still.

“Come here, oppa.” Said Jiyeon in her tears and smile. Seungho slowly following Jiyeon and walk towards the most important person person in his life. She wellcome Seungho with her warming smile. And now, she’s not wellcoming him alone. There’s someone that already sleeping in her embrace.

“It’s a boy.” Seungho’s mother embrace her son’s shoulder and hug him while crying because of her happiness. Jiyeon also cry happy beside Myungsoo that also smiling happy in front of Injung’s bed with a handycam on his hand.

Slowly, Injung take Seungho’s hand and pull him closer. She look at Seungho with her teary eyes. “Oppa, he’s our son. Yang Mavin.”

Seungho finally sobbing harder and hug Injung with Mavin because of his overload happiness. He kiss Injung’s lips several times and also kiss Mavin’s hand gently.

“Gomawo... gomawo for coming to appa’s life, Mavin-a. Appa loves you so much.” Said Seungho between his cries. Injung smile and cares Seungho head. Seungho lift his head and look at Injung.

“Thankyou Injung-a. Thankyou for giving me this amazing life. You and Mavin are my everything.” Said Seungho and kiss Injung’s lips.

Seungho’s mother, Jiyeon, and Myungsoo finally decide to leave this beautiful little family to get some times together.

“Mavis is really beautiful, jinjja.” Said Jiyeon, still crying non stop since Mavin born. She and Seungho’s mother is the one that stay beside Injung when she’s giving birth. Seungho even can’t see Injung get her contraction. He even more hysterical than Injung that feeling the pain. So, his mother didn’t let Seungho accompany Injung in her giving birth process, because it’s gonna be him that going to pass out, not Injung.

“Ya, stop crying. People will think that something bad happened to us.” Said Myungsoo to Jiyeon coldly.

“It’s too beautiful, oppa. I can’t stop crying because i’m too happy. Don’t you understand?” ask Jiyeon to Myungsoo. Nagging in her cries. Make Myungsoo want to laugh but he hold it immediately. He take a tissue from his pocket and hand it to Jiyeon.

“Here. It was for Seungho hyung before. But i forgot to give it to him. Remove your tears.” Said Myungsoo make Jiyeon look at him blankly. But because Jiyeon stares at him, Myungsoo is the one who get awkward. He finally handed the tissue to Jiyeon without saying word and leave her to the cafetaria, to buy some foods for all of them.

When Myungsoo already leave, Jiyeon look at the tissue and smile slowly. She look at the empty hallway that Myungsoo’s pass before. After that, she sit beside Seungho’s eomma and start to clean her face with the tissue that Myungsoo gave her before.

TO BE CONTINUED

 

Annyeong!

Long time no update, right chingu?

Sorry.. I'm really sorry. 

I just got back from my vacation and i try to finish the chapter as soon as i can.

How about this chapter? Do you guys like it?

Mavin is here! Yeaaay!

Our cute little Mavin finally come to Injung Eomma and Seungho Appa's life!

So, stay tunned and wait for the next chapter, guys.

Comment and subscribe is the thing that i want from you all ^^

Once again, sorry for the late update and happy reading!

Love, rashimaa