Truth or Dare

When Fate Meets Love

Chapter 12 "Truth or Dare"

 

 

The morning started creating very remarkable things with the members. Everything left their minds certain confusions; Chanyeol and Jae Mi, just how? What happened? 
 
They barely see each other together before. Maybe 'Hi-s', 'Hello-s' would be enough for them to sustain each day. On the other hand, Baekhyun is trying to get Lisa just like the others are doing.
 
The movie watching took almost 5 hours as they change and change movies when one was finished, Jae Mi got bored and fell asleep on Chanyeol's caressing arms. Just on the half of the movie showing, Kyungsoo decided to prepare their lunch so that everyone could eat.
 
After the lunch meal which wasn't likely that of what Kyungsoo always prepare, it wasn't like the usual tasty food he always do, but it ended up a little bitter in every dish which make the others don't feel like eating much. A bite or two will do. Lisa was the only one who finished her entire meal and even ate what Jae Mi had left.
 
They did not get enough sleep from the past night as they woke up earlier in the morning. Only those who were in the house slept a little longer, which lead the other members to a siesta time after lunch. 
 
Minseok was the first one to wake up and the others follow sitting with him at the couch. Minseok is covering his lips with his forefinger.
 
"What shall we do?," he looked at the coffee table blankly. 
 
"Yeah, well, it is kind of boring when you're just inside a house.," Jongdae agreed flailing his arms.
 
"Let's play a game?," Minseok asked rubbing his chin.
 
"Tsssss. Seems nice!," Jongdae agreed again raising his index finger. "What about our usual game back in our dorm?," 
 
"The one that always lead to Yifan being ?," Minseok chuckled facing Jongdae.
 
"Yes!," Jongdae shouted making others jump into what they were talking about. 
 
"Ya. What's that?," Yixing asked rubbing his eyes. Jongdae and Minseok looked at them.
 
"Let's play truth or dare!," Minseok clapped raising his brows. The boys' expression changed into being cheerful upon hearing 'truth or dare' which they miss playing back in their dorm. Yifan can't completely agree knowing he might end up again.
 
Just as they mention truth or dare, Lisa and Jae Mi are already approaching the living room to check them out. They're holding hands and Lisa was walking gayly. Lisa stacked her head on Jongdae's shoulder from the back. 
 
"Can we join?," she asked smiling. 
 
"Omo!!," Jongdae was shocked and jumped out his heart almost fell. He's touching his chest. "Can't you come near me normally?," 
 
"What? I'm always normal oppa.," Lisa rubbed her nape looking for a space to sit it the living room as the boys already filled it. Baekhyun looks at her. He felt a little jealous of how Lisa approached Jongdae, but shrugged his jealousy away as he remember how he kissed her. 'She's mine, I know.' He watched Lisa thinking of where to sit. 
 
"Li-.," Luhan was about to call Lisa when a louder call for Lisa cut him off.
 
"Lisa.," Baekhyun called getting her attention. Lisa looked at him with wide eyes and she turned crimson red as she walked towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun sat on the floor making Lisa sit on the couch. He rested his head on Lisa's knees. JoonMyeon watched them with caution. 'Byun Baekhyun, get off her.'
 
"I suggest we all sit at the floor near the door to the garden, the space will be wider.," JoonMyeon said making them all agree except Baekhyun, Baekhyun loved his place, his place near Lisa.
 
They all stood up and headed to the wide space near the garden's sliding glass door and sat there. JoonMyeon had a chance on getting Lisa sit beside him and across Baekhyun. 'Aish' he thought. He never left Lisa's eyes.
 
Jae Mi sat with Chanyeol and Chanyeol wrapped his arm around her waist making her come nearer to him. Jae Mi felt relaxed. She smiled at Chanyeol.
 
"I love you.," Chanyeol whispered as he sniff her hair. She felt her heart get wild again and her face went fury red as she look at the guys sitting in circle. 
 
Minseok raised an empty soy sauce bottle and harshly dragged it down the floor, laughing. "Let the game begin!," he announced. Yifan's face changed to being at peace, to jealousy half nervousness.
 
Minseok spinned the bottle.
 
It a sharp swift turn, it stopped to Jongdae's direction.
 
"Hey. How come I was the first? Man, I'm your bestfriend!," he protested. The one who's going to ask will be Jong In.
 
"Hyung, truth or dare?," Jong In asked sheepishly. Thinking of ways to turn his Hyung to humiliation.
 
"Truth.," Jongdae said confidently, certain for his answer. 'Truth doesn't hurt that much anyway' he thought.
 
"Last night, you've been in the bathroom for almost an hour, you got  out and nothing changed much, what did you do?," Jong In smirked as he threw the question to Jongdae. JoonMyeon covered Lisa's ears. Jongdae's laugh faded.
 
"Oppa, what was that?," Lisa asked JoonMyeon in a soft voice, more like a whisper.
 
"Ssssh.," JoonMyeon hushed her as he waits for Jongdae's answer. Baekhyun looked at them heaving a heavy sigh.
 
"Ya..... What question was that.," Jongdae protested as he start to laugh again. "Secret.,"
 
"Hyung just answer!," Jong In insisted his smirk not leaving his lips. 
 
"That's my answer! SECRET!," He said laughing, Jong In pouted giving up to Jongdae, the others laugh at them.
 
Jongdae held the bottle and spin it gently on the floor making sure he'd make a good revenge on Jong In, but the bottle picked a wrong person. Yifan.
 
All eyes looked at Yifan expecting him to choose dare and end up . JoonMyeon released Lisa's ears.
 
"Truth or Dare?," Kyungsoo asked looking at Yifan who is trying to hide himself.
 
"D....," he was about to choose dare when suddenly he shrugged his head. "Truth.," 
 
Truth.
 
Everyone eyed him shocked of what he chose. He was never open to them that he'd rather choose 'dare' and sacrifice himself being that choosing 'truth' that can reveal himself. He doesn't want that, but now, he chose truth which they actually can't understand.
 
Kyungsoo cleared his throat. "Is there something you want to say to someone from us? Say it now.," Kyungsoo referred to Minseok. Minseok looked at his knees awkwardly, readying himself for Yifan's apology.
 
"Ughm. Minseok. I am sorry.," he looked at Lisa instead of looking at Minseok. Lisa felt awkward and tried to shift her eyes to anybody, but it ended up tangled with Yifan's stare. "I am sorry for putting up fights that I don't understand myself either why I always get mad.," 
 
'Why is he straring through my soul?,' Lisa thought feeling uneasy.
 
"I am sorry for looking down at you, Minseok, I just want to take care of you.. You guys. I am sorry for being so quiet of how I feel. I am sorry for not protecting you enough, I am sorry for hurting you always, but always bear in mind that......... I love you all.," Yifan said that almost make Minseok cry. Minseok nodded at every words he said and forgave Yifan. 
 
Lisa on the other hand couldn't understand and even absorb what Yifan have said for Minseok. The apology are all those for Minseok... Or there are some for her? All she knew was that, she nearly teared and she was completely moved by Yifan's message. 'I can't forgive him.' She thought and looked at the floor, avoiding Yifan's eyes.
 
Yifan spinned the bottle and it pointed to Sehun. 
 
"Truth or dare?," Yixing asked.
 
"Dare.," Sehun boasted holding his waist up for a challenge.
 
"Okay, do gwiyeomi.," Yixing commanded.
 
"What?!," Sehun protested backing off.
 
"Ya. Do it.," Yixing said nonchalantly.
 
"Okay fine!," Sehun pouted. Everyone waited for Sehun to begin. Their eyes full of anticipation.
 
"Ildeo hagi ileun gwiyomi, ideo hagi ineun gwiyomi
Samdeo hagi sameun gwiyomi, gwigwi gwiyomi gwigwi gwiyomi
Sadeo hagi sado gwiyomi, odeo hagi odo gwiyomi
Yukdeo hagi yugeun gwiyomi nan gwiyomi." Sehun sang ending it with six kisses on his fingers. 
 
Everyone awed and clapped their hands. Jae Mi clapped the loudest.
 
"Baby! You're so cute!," she said. Sehun bowed and hid his blushing face while smiling.
 
'I can do better.' Chanyeol thought as he tightened his arms around Jae Mi's waist drawing her more closer. Jae Mi noticed it. 
 
"Aigoo. Jealous?," she whispered. Chanyeol just stared blankly on the others. Jae Mi knew how to ease her guy and held his hand, tangling her every fingers' with his. Chanyeol looked down on their intertwining hands. He smiled getting her message.
 
Sehun spinned the bottle and it pointed to Yixing. Chanyeol raised his hand to question Yixing.
 
"Truth or dare?," Chanyeol asked with his low masculine voice.
 
"Dare.," Yixing said looking at Jae Mi who is comfortably leaning on Chanyeol's chest. 'I hope you're not..' He thought drawing dominating pains on his heart.
 
"Stop looking at Jae Mi.," Chanyeol dared smiling hiding his real intention on putting a dare like that. "That's a dare.," Jae Mi looked at Chanyeol and started holding his hand tighter telling him to stop.
 
"It won't last long.," Yixing gulped taking the challenge. "Just 5 minutes.," he added.
 
"Do as you may.," Chanyeol smiled.
 
"I'm sorry.," he whispered at Jae Mi's hair and sniffed on it. "I just don't want Yixing to torture himself on what he is seeing. I worry about him.," he explained. Jae Mi nodded getting Chanyeol's point. If they could just command everyone who's seemed hurt to just don't look at them, they would, to protect them.
 
Yixing spinned the bottle and it pointed to Jae Mi.
 
Jae Mi sat still looking at the bottle pointed to her, she's nervous. Luhan raised his hand to ask Jae Mi.
 
"Truth or dare?," he asked.
 
"Truth.," Jae Mi answered no second thoughts.
 
"Among us... Who fits your ideal-.," Luhan was cut by Tao's reaction. Everyone eyed Tao.
 
"Ge, can you change the question? We've been talking girl talks and we're boys we can't relate.," he said drawing points. Jae Mi looked at him weirdly.
 
"She's a girl.," Luhan reasoned.
 
"She's a boy.," Tao smiled which drive Jae Mi into nuts. She glared at Tao.
 
"Ya.." She warned.
 
"Go on with the next question now.," Chanyeol rubbed Jae Mi's back asking her to calm down and stop glaring at Tao. Chanyeol is never confident when it comes to Tao and Jae Mi. Never.
 
"How was your first kiss like?," Luhan asked. Baekhyun immediately looked at Lisa and found her shock blushing expression. Lisa bored her look on her guy looking at her.
 
"Ge! What question...," Tao protested again.
 
"Everyone's gonna experience a first kiss! We can relate!," Luhan said annoyed of Tao always interrupting
 
"My first kiss was when I was a kid. We were in China for vacation at my aunt's house when I met a boy playmate. He played as the princess and I played as a prince. He's so noisy, so I kissed him to shut him up.," Jae Mi narrated which shut Tao up.
 
"I want to go home! Help me!" the young boy said as he was tied on a tree trunk at a yard.
 
"I'm coming my princess!," a young girl showed up from behind a bush carrying a cute plastic sword. She rushed behind the tree and untied the young boy. 
 
"I wanna go home!," the young boy cried. 
 
"Won't you say thank you prince?," the young girl asked putting her hands on her waist, raising a brow.
 
"I want to go home, Muqin is waiting for me.," he beckoned. "I want to--.," he was stopped by a soft peck on his lips.
 
He remembered a same first kiss.
 
"Don't worry jagi, you were a kid then, your latest kisses will be more memorable.," Chanyeol said giggling. Jae Mi smiled at him, assuring he is right.
 
"Of course. And also, after that day, I haven't seen him anymore.," she smiled warmly. Her face suddenly marked Tao's mind. 'Are you her? Impossible. Maybe it's a different person.' He thought.
 
"You have me.," Chanyeol said sweetly holding Jae Mi's chin and rubbing it with his warm thumb.
 
"Ya! That's too much!," Jong In screamed stopping the scene in front of him. 'How could my half be sweet to Hyung like.......... I don't want to think about it!' He thought. Chanyeol and Jae Mi stopped and looked at them again.
 
Jae Mi grabbed the bottle and spinned it. It stopped on Luhan.
 
"Truth or dare?," Minseok asked.
 
"Dare!," he answered.
 
"Okay. Tell us something through your .," Minseok dared and smirked. Luhan stood up and began shaking his to spell out something.
 
L
O
V
E
Y
O
U
M
Y
L
I
S
A
M
Y
A
N
G
E
L
 
Everyone oohed as the got the message except Baekhyun who felt annoyed wishing Lisa didn't get it. Lisa had a puzzled expression, her forehead crumpled.
 
"I.... I lov...," she's murmuring. "Luhan oppa! What was that?," she gave up and just asked Luhan.
 
"That's I lovavadidoooo lavadoo.," Baekhyun interrupted. He's real annoyed.
 
"Are you Luhan?," Luhan questioned Baekhyun shotting him a glare. He faced Lisa. "That's I Love You My Lisa.," he said. Lisa was shocked and she smiled as her cheeks went rosy again.
 
Baekhyun suddenly got irritated of what he witnessed.
 
Luhan spinned the bottle and it pointed to Chanyeol. 
 
Chanyeol was so ready to answer truth when Yifan started darting him a question.
 
"Where did you sleep last night?," Yifan asked straight to the point. Chanyeol stiffened getting aback.
 
"You didn't even ask me whether I choose truth or consequence!," Chanyeol shot back getting attentions.
 
"You're going to choose truth anyway! Why won't you answer?," Yifan beckoned. Baekhyun went near Chanyeol brushing his arm. Jae Mi held Chanyeol's hand tighter telling him to calm down.
 
"He slept in our room!," Baekhyun meddled.
 
"And Tao saw you outside?!," Yifan almost growled.
 
"Our AC malfunctioned! I slept outside!," Chanyeol reasoned. The tension is getting intense.
 
". Where outside?," Yifan deepened the conversation. Tao hid behind him.
 
"Outside! That's an answer!," Chanyeol argued. 
 
Jongdae couldn't help but to speak out. "Hey. Calm down. This is just a game.," 
 
Everyone beheld their seats and waited until Chanyeol and Yifan become calm.
 
"I'm sorry, I wasn't able to find out.," Yifan whispered on Tao's ears.
 
Tao felt disappointed. Chanyeol is being secretive, he couldn't find out if he's to be hurt or not.
 
Chanyeol spinned the bottle slowly as his mood gone bad. Jae Mi knew it so she kept on rubbing Chanyeol's arms.
 
The bottle pointed Jong In.
 
"Dare.," he insisted.
 
"Okay. Dance your feelings now.," JoonMyeon dared. Jong In brushed his as he stood up and started to dance. Every move was precise and slow.
 
As soon as he finished, Everyone clapped their hands including Jae Mi.
 
'You were once mine, I guess that's it.' Jong In thought looking through Jae Mi's eyes.
 
"So.... You're sad?," JoonMyeon asked. 
 
"Who would not be?," Kyungsoo intervened.
 
Jong In avoided Jae Mi's stare and spinned the bottle. Jae Mi felt a little guilt towards Jong In's sudden behavior change.
 
The bottle pointed towards Tao's direction. Tao gulped showing up from Yifan's back.
 
"Truth or dare?," Jongdae asked.
 
"D....dare.," Tao nearly hesitated. 
 
Upon hearing Tao choose 'dare', Lisa thought of an evil plan. 
 
'I've been thinking if Tao likes unnie a long time ago.......' Lisa thought touching her chin. 
 
"Hey! I have a dare!," Lisa raised her hand excitedly. "Hmm. Have a stare battle with my unnie. 60 seconds!," 
 
Tao's mouth fell open. "What?! Can it not be other person?," he asked, his tone getting agitated.
 
"No. I want it to be unnie.," Lisa smiled sheepishly.
 
Tao whined but he can't do anything. Yifan pushed Tao in the middle of the circle and Jae Mi hesitantly kneeled on the middle. Chanyeol couldn't let go of her hand, but Jongdae assured him that it's just a dare. Chanyeol worriedly settled down.
 
Tao looked straightly at Jae Mi's eyes and Jae Mi did the same. The others started counting, while the two started talking through their minds, puzzling what might be each other are thinking.
 
"60....59....58....57....56....55....," they started to count aloud. Lisa is giggling.
 
'Why are you with Chanyeol?' Tao thought looking into Jae Mi's eyes. His eyes darkened. 
 
'What are you thinking?' Jae Mi wondered not leaving Tao's stare.
 
"45....44.....43.....42..41..," they all continued to count. Tao's heart beating is steadily fast and Jae Mi couldn't explain why she's feeling such too. 
 
They weren't close. They were inches distant, but their hearts couldn't keep calm.
 
'I'm hurting.' Tao thought.
 
'I can't read you.' Jae Mi thought.
 
"32...31...30.....29....28...," they continuously counted, while on Chanyeol, he's silently wishing that the countings will end soon. He can't stand how Tao looks at Jae Mi. He might attack Tao if he'll reach the ultimatum.
 
'I like you, but I don't know in what extent. I'm not sure of everything, but I like you so much it's already torturing myself.' Tao thought, darkness filled his eyes.
 
'Please tell me what you're thinking.' Jae Mi is still puzzled.
 
"19....18....17...16...," still counting. Chanyeol closed his eyes desperately refraining himself from seeing too much.
 
'Please, let me gather my feelings first. Wait for me.' Tao thought.
 
'Why are you acting weird?' Jae Mi thought.
 
"10....9.....8.....7....6...," the countings went louder as they're getting near to complete the 60 seconds dare. 
 
"Stop!," Chanyeol shouted stopping everyone. He couldn't take it any longer. He should stop Tao now. 
 
"Ya. We haven't reached the 60 seconds yet.," Yifan questioned Chanyeol.
 
"Hyung, it's getting near too and nothing will change even if they finish it.," Chanyeol reasoned. Jae Mi positioned herself next to Chanyeol again avoiding Tao's gaze that still never leaving her.
 
Tao was cut as Jongdae passed him the bottle. Tao spinned it and it pointed to Minseok.
 
"Truth or dare?," Sehun asked.
 
"Dare!," Minseok said confidently.
 
"Do Baozi face.," Sehun dared in which Minseok immediately complied. He cutely pouted putting much air on his mouth to make it puffy.
 
Everyone bursted into laughter, except Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Yifan and Tao. 
 
"That's how this game is. We don't have to yell at each other, this is just a game and that's a dare suppose to be.," Sehun lectured. He never fails on thinking maturely when the older ones are not acting their ages. The four gained their senses of right and wrong.
 
Minseok spinned the bottle and it pointed to JoonMyeon. 
 
"Truth or dare?," Tao asked.
 
"Truth.," JoonMyeon smiled.
 
"How much money did you spend yestetday?," Tao asked as he begin to smile again.
 
"Ugh....," joonMyeon scratched the back of his head. "7, 000 won?," JoonMyeon looked at the ceiling calculating all his expenses last night. His head spin realizing the amount of money he spent.
 
JoonMyeon spinned the bottle. The bottle pointed to Kyungsoo.
 
"Truth or dare?," Jae Mi asked smiling thinking of what to ask or dare Kyungsoo.
 
"D..dare?," Kyungsoo chose dare for a change. Back in the dorm he always choose truth to avoid ending up .
 
"Hmm. Propose to someone.," Jae Mi expected Kyungsoo to playfully propose to Jong In since they are close. 
 
Never did she expect where Kyungsoo will be heading to. 
 
Kyungsoo stood up and walked in front of Lisa. Baekhyun heated up. Lisa dumbfoundedly looked at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo helped her stand up.
 
Lisa stood up and Kyungsoo kneeled in front of her, he held Lisa's hand and looked into her eyes. Lisa kept on looking on the others until Kyungsoo started to speak.
 
"I really don't know how to start this.," he chuckled. As Kyungsoo started to speak, Lisa listened to him as if no one's around. "I.... The day I met you, I said to myself; clearly- how I wanted to take care of you.," he looked straightly to her eyes. "I did my best to protect you and take care of you, even at times you can't recognize it.," he rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. "I forgot how I missed that chance to confess to you, I had it, I just missed. I love you.," 
 
It shocked Lisa. It shocked everyone and it annoyed Baekhyun. 
 
"And I want to take care of you everyday of my existence... Will you marry me?," Kyungsoo added, Baekhyun deeply wished Lisa won't say yes.
 
Lisa has her cheeks flushing red looking at how sincere Kyungsoo is. She's thinking of a best way to answer and she can't say no to Kyungsoo, for her, it's still a dare and a Yes won't hurt.
 
"Yes.," she smiled. Never she knew how she broke five hearts in one swift- yes. 
 
With all disappointments, hurt and annoyance he have inside, Baekhyun stood up and walked away. Lisa was snapped out of the scene, Baekhyun was hurt. Baekhyun; the man who made her feel different. 
 
"Oppa.," Lisa walked after Baekhyun, but she was stopped by JoonMyeon's hand. 
 
"Let him be.," JoonMyeon said trying to understand the situation, when he actually can't. He's still not aware of Lisa and Baekhyun.
 
"He needs me.," Lisa stormed out of their sight. Kyungsoo sat down with Jong In, he felt guilty all of a sudden, but never regretted how he confessed.