Lips

When Fate Meets Love

 

Chapter 11 part 3 "Lips"
 
Jae Mi
 
I rejoiced as I got the real picture, I finally got it. Yes, I really can love, but I just can't tell. Oh heavens, why did I know it just now?
 
I left Lisa at our room, she said she's just to get something so I walked ahead first. Our Lisa, she's growing. I'm happy. I never thought she could learn how to be strong inside this house. I smiled at the thought as I walk at the silent cold hallway.
 
At the hallway, walks a man, the man I was dreaming of last night. The cause of all these confusions and everything. Oh damn. Hi Chanyeol. 
 
What an awkward moment, he's not even looking at me as we walk down together with a far distance. Side by side but not so near. Why are you being like that? My heart felt a keen disintegrating feelings. Did he really mean he love me or I'm being one sided?
 
I went straight to the kitchen and see the boys piled up for breakfast. Smoke of hot beverages and soup rises up. Yeah, well perfect for our hangovers.
 
"Hey.," I greeted them, smiling. Suddenly, they noticed me, I mean us, Chanyeol is coming too. 
 
"Partying was awesome.," JoonMyeon clapped his hands laughing dryly because he's still feeling hang over.
 
"It's just sad there are a few girls and none of them are interactive. Extroverts.," Minseok said and sipped his chocolate.
 
I walked to him, by his side, I sat. I tapped his shoulder. He looked up at me and smiled before I sit. "But this girl..... Is the hottest last night.," Minseok declared. Okay Minseok, funny.
 
"Yes.," Yixing snapped completely agreeing. Holy. Do I look like some last night or is just an over reacting word. Tch. 
 
Suddenly, I felt an aura behind me. Aura that connects with me. He sat on the vacant seat across me, he's still not looking into my eyes. I shot him a glare and shifted my eyes to the other members. What? He kissed me, and then? 
 
"Where's Lisa? How was she last night?," Luhan asked stretching his neck right and left.
 
"She's still upstairs. Well.......," I have to lie. Come on Jae Mi, alibi now. "She sleeped soundly.," I said, yes, soundly whether where she slept.
 
Suddenly a hint of Lisa is coming down the stairs. We all looked at the stairs as slow stomps was being heard.
 
"Oh here she is.," Kyungsoo revolved 270 degrees because he's not facing the stairs. His eyes went big. Apparently, mine too.
 
"Wait- what?," JoonMyeon dropped his hand on the table making it sound. Lisa is actually..... With Baekhyun. Baekhyun's arms lies over Lisa's shoulder like they're some kind of a couple having a walk in beside Han river. Lisa, she likes Baekhyun, I think so. Lisa and Baekhyun stopped chuckling to each other and looked at the shock people at the table, us.
 
"Goodmorning!," Lisa waved sweetly and I smiled winking at her. 'Go on, just don't tell Baekhyun.' My message.
 
They sat on a two vacant seats just beside Tao who is deeply looking at me. At me? 
 
I wet my dry lips with the hot chocolate I guess Kyungsoo prepared for us. The heat, the light pushing of cup made me remember that exact feeling last night. The kiss. I could also taste a hint of iron on the one corner of my lips, it has a wound. I touched my lips erasing everything in my mind. Stop, even Chanyeol is not affected of it. 
 
Then we started to it as Lisa and Baekhyun completed the pile. Sounds of utensils clinking as we dig into our food. 
 
"Ugh... Jae Mi, can you please pass the soup?," Luhan asked pointing at the soup in front of me. I reached for it.
 
And poop.
 
A sharp sting of electrocuting whatever were in my hands. I realized Chanyeol's hand is over mine as he tries to lift the bowl of soup for Luhan. Our hands, touched. I looked up and saw Chanyeol's eyes fixed on mine. Is he recognizing what he did?
 
"Ugh... The soup?," Luhan reminded snapping us from our deep stare. I looked at Luhan and smiled. 
 
"Oh. Here.," I blushed as I pass the soup to Luhan, my mind still lingers with Chanyeol. 
 
"Thank you!," he rejoiced having the bowl of soup in his hands. He passed it out to the others to share.
 
I looked at Chanyeol again, who's now concentrating to his food. He's so cute when he's eating like a hungry kid. The awkward atmosphere remained like there's some kind of invisible wall between us.
 
Next thing I knew, he looked at me again. I blushed and I have to hide it, so I looked down pretending to grapple my food.
 
"Kyungsoo! You're soup is delicious! It penetrates on my lips!," Jongdae complimented Kyungsoo and the only word retained in my head is....
 
Lips.
 
Lips.
 
Lips- kiss.
 
I almost fell on my seat hearing it. They panicked. 
 
"Hey.," Minseok immediately pulled me by my shoulder. I'm still dazing while Chanyeol already moved on, suddenly he choked his food.
 
He coughed letting it out while he covers his mouth. Yifan patted his back.
 
"Are you okay?," Jongdae asked me or Chanyeol? I'm not sure. 
 
"Nae.," we chorusly sang which is highly mind twisting. Not a good one Jae Mi. Unconsciously I dropped my chopsticks making it sound in the floor, I immediately picked it up and stood up. 
 
I can't bear the atmosphere anymore.
 
"I... I'm full, call me when you finish eating. I'll wash the dishes.," I said not stopping holding my breath. Left and right and left and right and left and right, you have to walk fast Jae Mi. 
 
"What was that?," I heard Jong In said from the table behind. I left them wondering. 
 
I decided to breathe some air at the front yard, completely hiding from everyone. I opened the door and pushed lightly, the sun is already shining on my skin, warmth.
 
Then I heard the door opened. I turned to look at it and found him.
 
Chanyeol.
 
"Hey.," he kneeled down. He reached for my hand and held it. Holy cow. What are you doing? I heard him sniff. Is he crying? "I'm sorry.," and yes. He lifted his head up and wiped his tears. 
 
"Chanyeol-ah.," I can't bear looking at him kneeling down saying sorry for a thing we both wanted. If he just knew. I sat down holding his shoulder, lifting his chin up. I smiled at him. Yes, I don't have to say anything, just this. I hope you could get that I liked it. 
 
"Everything I said last night.... All of them are true Jae Mi.," he looked into my eyes. I can see his sincerity. My heart felt like jumping an there are electrocuting nerves. "Look. I love you.," he touched my face. "Let me do it properly.," he asked well more of suggesting. My lips curved an undeniable smile. Yes Chanyeol, you can.
 
"I love you.," he said it again. I felt it again. He drew closer to me, this time slowly, less aggressive. Our eyes interlocking. I can feel his breath now, now, cooler. My blood is rushing upwards making my head twist like crazy. Our nose touched again, again which I wanted to be again. I slowly closed my eyes letting him to just kiss me. 
 
Our lips met again, this time, it is gentle, precious, warmer. My heart started to go tick tock. How could I want you this bad? 
 
Less pressure, he released the kiss and hugged me tightly. I can feel him rejoicing. He's smiling showing his rich teeth. I hugged him as well. "I love you!," he repeated kissing my hair. I feel like surrendering to Chanyeol unofficially. 
 
"Let's go, you're still eating.," I poked his nose, he touched it. I pulled him to stand up. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walk back inside.
 
He slid it down as we make way to the dining table where the boys are. He walked back to his seat and started eating again.
 
"Hey, what happened?," I heard Jongdae asked him. I can't answer for Chanyeol but just thinking of the answer it made me smile. I went directly to the kitchen for a juice. I realized I haven't drink yet.
 
I carried the glass pitcher of orange juice to the dining room to give them more of the juice. 
 
As I enter back the kitchen, I saw Chanyeol eating and the boys and Lisa. Lisa noticed me.
 
"Unnie, are you sure you're full?," she asked worrying looking at me. 
 
"Nae.," I put the pitcher down on the table and signed an Ok while I drink my juice. Lisa smiled and continued eating.
 
Suddenly, Chanyeol pulled me on my waist, drawing me nearer. I'm side by side by him, he's sitting and I'm standing. I looked at him and he continued to eat with one hand as his other hand is wrapped around my waist, like he owns me, when he's starting to.
 
I could feel eyes on us.
 
"Juice?," I offered him. He nodded as he continued to eat. I looked at the table, seeking entirely for his glass so I could fill it up, but I saw nothing. I poured juice on my glass and filled it up, I hand it to him and he drank it.
 
We just shared glass.
 
Well, I think it's the same though, he kissed me, I kissed him and sharing a glass is no big deal.
 
I can hear sharp clenching teeth and flipping utensils, but I just can't look at them. Facing them is a not so good idea, specially seeing me and Chanyeol like this. 
 
"If looks could just kill, Chanyeol died in a wushu stick.," Jongdae cracked which I don't understand but it made things more rather awkward.
 
After the breakfast, Jong In collected the plates and bused the table out. I waited for the plates in the kitchen. My guy? He sat at the living room with the others.
 
I heard Jong In enter the kitchen.
 
"Noona, you and Chanyeol hyung...," he started. I felt that he's going to ask me about this but dumb I was to not prepare an answer.
 
"Hm?," I asked him to continue.
 
"Are you..... Dating?," he asked. There. I was left with no answer. Chanyeol and I... What are we?
 
"He's... He's just knowing me.," yes, absolutely, and I am knowing him too, but I can't confess it to you.
 
"Hmm. Okay. So that's it. Just like us, he's knowing you.," Jong In's voice cheered up. He left the used plates and utensils beside me.
 
"I'm sorry Jong In.," I whispered within myself. 
 
After washing the dishes. I went outside drying my hands on my clothes. Gross. I searched for Lisa but she's nowhere to be found. I went to the living room and found the boys without Baekhyun and Lisa. I scratched the back of my neck and put my hand on my waist.
 
"Where is she?," I mouthed, wondering.
 
"Hey, Jae Mi, join us. The movie is funny.," Minseok offered and stood up so that I can sit on the couch and he's going to sit on the floor. Minseok is always this kind. I smiled and walked to him.
 
Suddenly, I heard a cough and looked to where it came from. I blushed seeing Chanyeol clearing his throat and looking at me. His arm spreads on the back part of the couch and his free hand tapping his lap. He's eyeing his hand tapping his lap and then looks at me, he's offering a seat.
 
"Minseokie, thank you, but just sit there.," I said gesturing my hand. Minseok's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I turned to meet Chanyeol. He's my guy after all. My guy? I don't know if that means that but just no I love yous. Chanyeol smiled as I stopped in front of him, I sat on his lap.
 
He surround my waist with his arms hugging me as we watch.
 
I looked at the boys and saw confusion in their eyes. I'm confused too, like them, but I'm certain that, I want Chanyeol.