Best Of Friends

Best Of Friends

 

one;

 

 

 

 

My name is Byun Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun-ah! I bought a newly released manhwa!” His name is Park Chanyeol, my best friend. He has been with me since we were young.

“Yah pabo! We don’t have time to read manhwa! Study comes first!!”

I’m an ordinary middle school student in his last year who needs to prepare for the final exam coming up.

But no, my story is not that easy.

“But Baek we have learned enough! School has ended anyway. Let's take a break!”

Recently I’ve figured something new about my bestfriend..

“Just read it alone! I’ll work on this since I can’t concentrate when I study in my room!” I’ve figured something about myself.

“You’re no fun!” Chanyeol sloped down to sit on the empty seat beside me. “I’ll sleep while you study then.”

I've figured about the strange things that has always happened to me…

“Why don’t you read it by yourself?”

 The loud sounds that came from my heart everytime I heard him coming near me.

“Nah it’s not fun if we don't read it together!”

The weird feelings that always awaken everytime he smiled.

“You’re so stupid.”

I can’t breathe normally, I can’t think straight.

“But you still like me the best after all…”

After putting it all together, I finally understood what happened to me recently.

“Right… hmm.. Baek?”

“I hate you.” I like you.

 I like your playful yet loud laugh.

I like your wide smile.

I like your beautiful face.

I like your long and tall body.

I like your weird and unique personality. You’re one in a zillion.

I like your sense of humor even though others wouldn't understand it.

I like your everything.

I can talk to you about anything that's on my mind;

“Yah have you seen the new teacher Baek? He looks like that gag man!”

“Yes I saw him! Haha I thought it was just me!”

With you it’s different, completely different.

It's like I knew you even in my previous life. What makes me wonder is if we would be together in our next one too..

Because the way we joke around and talk, when we hang out, everything, it's just amazing to have you as my best friend.

“Pabo..” I can’t help lean in and make our lips meet in a chaste kiss.

Secret kiss.

I know I’ve crossed the line. .

Best friends shouldn’t kiss.

But what to do? It's so hard to pretend to be friends with someone special. When everytime you look at that person..

All you see is..

“I’m sorry Channie..” Everything you want to have.

“Baek? Huh? Where are you?” Chanyeol looked distraught, when I got my sight back, there was no one in class as I saw myself hiding behind the door, hiding my reddened face after giving him my first kiss.

Everyone said I should tell you how I feel.

“Did he leave already?” I could hear that he was talking to himself.

But it was not that simple.

“Am I dreaming?”  My eyes widened when I saw him tracing his lips with his finger, I couldn’t help but wish he wouldn’t notice. What could I do, when I was behind the door of the classroom clutching onto my heart that was beating like crazy, when Chanyeol was still wandering around, looking for my presence?

“Ah here you are!” Chanyeol caught me as he brought me my backpack.  “Were you going to the toilet while I was sleeping?”

“Hmm. You were snoring like a dog.”

“Was not!” His blushing face was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

“Haha keep telling yourself that. I’m going home now.”

“Hey! Wait! Let's go home together!!!” He yelled, he hung his long arms around me as if he wasn't aware of how loud his action made my heart jump. “Baek you look so strange lately, did something happened? Did someone disturb you?”

“You. You keep disturbing my mind when I’m trying to study.” You keep swimming in my mind, you occupy my mind as if it’s not mine anymore. “You’re so annoying sometimes Chanyeol.”

“Really? Sorry then. But I just thought that you were hiding something from me. I don’t like it.” He pouted, the pout that I wanted to kiss away.

“I’m not hiding anything idiot, stop worrying about stupid things.”

“Baek..”

“Yeah?”

“We’re best friends right?” He asked, his face so close to mine. If only he noticed how he messed up my mind and heart were.

“Yeah. Best of friends.” But I'm craving for something more.

“That’s right I’m your best friend! Forever!” He sang.

“Yes. Best friend forever.” That’s right.

I'd rather be your best friend..

Than end up being an awkward boy who barely talks to you.

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

 

lol if you want to know the continuation of these idiots, check out my fic 

Ice Ice Baby

it's kaisoo centred but i promise baekyeol is the side pairing there, i need to finish their story there hehe

see you!