Kumiho

Kumiho

OMG I almost deleted this entire thing when I was posting it! I'm freaking out omg it was so close O.O Anyways, whoa! so many people are subscribed! I was proud of my works but I didn't think it was so popular! So thank you. ^-^

 


Sehun looks at the damage in despair as the fire rages still. He stands so close to the flames that they are his skin, scorching it with intense heat. But as soon as the wounds appear, they disappear magically by a mysterious healing force.

Suddenly, he hears a cry for help somewhere in the distance. Sehun doesn’t bother to hesitate and leaps through the flames, following the desperate cries for help. He finally finds a boy trapped by the flames that are quickly burning the roof above him, the creaking of the wood signaling that it can’t hold much longer. Sehun quickly dives, shoving the boy away harshly before the building breaks down, crumbling into a heap of rubble. He then picks the boy up and runs straight out of the raging fire.

“Mister… Thanks for saving my life! What’s your name, my hero? I’m Kai” Kai smiles in gratitude.

“…” There is silence until Sehun sees people in the distance who seem to be rushing over shouting, “Are you alright?”

“Goodbye.” Sehun says nothing else before turning around to leave.

“Don’t ever say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away mean forgetting!” Kai smiles before waving spastically.

Sehun smiles, laughing to himself about how the kid was pretty adorable.

“We’ll meet again soon okay? I’ll remember you until that day!” Kai shouts.


Running faster and faster, Sehun wove his way through countless alleys, cleverly hiding and swerving about. However, the ones sent to chase him down and capture him were shrewd. They were hot on his heels, clinging to his path expertly.

Sehun burst out into the busy street, frantic people racing front and back, not caring about anyone the bumped into. He heard a shout from the chasers behind him and turned around, while starting to run, running right into a boy right in front of him.

“Sorry!” Sehun whispers, before trying to run off again.

The boy catches his arm, spinning him around and smirking widely when he sees Sehun’s face.

“I knew I’d meet you again! Don’t you remember me, 'goodbye'? I’m Kai!” Kai smiles happily and makes a quotation gesture when he says goodbye, but quiets down as soon as Sehun frantically points to the people who are chasing him. They seem to have lost sight of them.

“Let me go! I need to run!” Sehun hisses, trying to yank his hand away from the tight iron grip that Kai has on him.

“Don’t worry. Act more casual, they won’t notice you.” Kai smirks again and pulls out an umbrella.

“What are you…” Sehun is cut off when Kai pulls him under the umbrella and kisses him.

Sehun gets what he’s trying to do, but it doesn’t mean he has to enjoy it. But he knows he secretly enjoys real affection from someone.

“So why were those people chasing you, Goodbye?” Kai laughs at his name and again makes the quotation gesture, after they think the pursuers are gone.

“Stop calling me that… My name is Sehun okay?” Sehun pouts which makes Kai laugh harder.

“Sorry Sehun, but seriously, we should get out of here quick!” Kai yanks on Sehun’s hand and they try to as casually as possible get somewhere safer.

“Hey! There they are!” One of the men chasing Sehun shouts and so Sehun and Kai start running full speed away from the pursuers.

One manages to grab hold of Sehun, but the man is immediately socked in the stomach by Kai who regains an iron grip on Sehun’s upper arm as they continue to run.

Suddenly, an arrow streaks right past them, almost brushing up against Kai’s ear.

“Seriously? Bows and arrows, what era are we in?” Kai yells.

One of the men then takes out a gun and starts to point it at them.

“Oh crap.” Kai whispers and starts running faster.

“You idiot! Why did you say that?” Sehun sighs and quickens his pace.


They finally manage to lose the pursuers after an approximate hour; Kai led Sehun to his house.

“You never answered my answer of why those people were chasing you.” Kai purses his lips.

“… They think I’m a bad thing.” Sehun stops smiling instantly.

“Thing? You’re a human being Sehun, you shouldn’t refer yourself so lowly.” Kai looks extremely worried.

“That’s the thing… I’m not a human. I’m a kumiho. We can live forever until we lose the will to die. We are known for turning into women and eating the hearts of men.” Sehun replies a bit loudly.

“Then why are you a boy?” Kai asks curiously.

Sehun manages to look even more crestfallen then he was, “Not all of us have to be the same…”

“Oh…” Kai mumbles, leaving an awkward atmosphere. They sit awkwardly with a silence.

“Wait! That’s so cool you get to live forever!” Kai shouts suddenly, causing Sehun to jump up in shock.

“Not really… My life is about to be over…” Sehun sighs.

“What do you mean? You should have a will to live on.” Kai grabs Sehun’s hand.

“Well I guess I would… I just want someone to love me like I’m normal.” Sehun sighs and looks away from Kai’s piercing gaze.

“Well that’s good!” Kai smiles radiantly.

“Why…?” Sehun looks at him, laughing slightly.

“Because I fell in love with you the first time I saw you today.” Kai smiles and leans down to kiss Sehun.


They sit on the loveseat, both of their hands twitching to touch the other’s hand. Kai finally manages to courageously grab Sehun’s hand and Sehun lets out a melodious laugh.

“Hey if you turn me into a kumiho too by biting me, we could love each other forever!” Kai smirks.

“Kumihos aren’t vampires, dummy.” Sehun flicks Kai’s head.

“Just trying to be a good cheesy boyfriend, gosh.” Kai whines.

Sehun just laughs his beautiful laugh and Kai smirks again, feeling accomplished.  


What is this. O.O omg XD I really had fun writing this, and I hoped you enjoyed. Spot the Peter Pan quote? blah blah i don't own... Anyways! Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you drop a comment down below, subscribe or maybe even upvote! 

Thanks again, 

~AA