Chapter 18

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He is out of his mind!” I angrily yelled and clenched down on my teeth in frustration. “If he thinks that he could just waltz back into my life again, he is miserably mistaken.” I huffed while my heartbeats and breaths were starting to speed up.

“Ms. Kang.”

“You can call me Soojin, unlike that dumb –“

“Soojin, isn’t he already back in your life?” Yongguk asked carefully.

I looked at the man beside me and I took deep breaths to calm myself. “Right…he is.” Suddenly, the Daehyun problem was suddenly pushed aside. “Who are you again?”

He kept his eyes on the road as he drove. “Sorry, I didn’t have a chance to introduce myself appropriately. I’m your paralegal.”

“Oh. So, you’re going to be helping me from now on?”

He nodded.

“This…is perfect!” He laughed at my reaction. I guess I shouldn’t have judged him that fast. He actually seemed like a huge cuddly bear. “I need you to do something else for me.”

He looked at me and arched his brow.

“Hey! Eyes forward!” I scolded him and he immediately snapped his head back in the right position.

“What is it, Ms. Kang?”

“I said call me Soojin, we’re going to be together anyways, might as well get comfortable.” I shook my head. “But, back to my point. I want you to promise me that you will keep Daehyun away from me.”

“You mean, Mr. Jung Daehyun?” He asked in surprise and I nodded. “But, he’s our boss, wouldn’t that be kind of hard?”

“Then you might want to start brainstorming, Yongguk.” I patted his arm and smiled. I won’t be alone in this. If Daehyun thought it was going to be easy, he needed to rethink his priorities. I will make him jump over obstacles before he gets to me.

 

 

 

“Why are we at a school?” Yongguk asked me as he parked.

I smiled seeing my old high school again. “I’m seeing a friend. Let’s go.” He shuffled out of the car.

“I need to come in?” He asked unsure.

I turned to look at him. “Did you want to stay in the car?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I mean…if you cracked the window – “

“No. Let’s go.” I turned back and walked up to the school’s entrance with Yongguk walking behind me. What was he? A dog? I looked at him amusingly.

I heard the familiar bell ringing, signaling for the end of the day. The door opened and a rush of students came out. I stayed stuck to the ground, it was not a good idea to squeeze my way through at the moment…with this dress, heels, and everything. While focusing on the door, I felt a shove from the side.

At the same time, a hand shot out to hold onto my arm, keeping me from falling. I looked up at the boy, shocked.

“Hey, baby - you should be more careful.”

I clicked my tongue at the high-schooler, what audacity. “You are the one that should be careful.” I yanked my arm from his grip. I saw Yongguk moving and standing behind the boy.

“Get going.” Yongguk nodded his head, motioning for the boy to head towards the gate. I stared admiringly at Yongguk. Sorry about what I said before, good job, mom. I already like this guy.

“Who the hell are you?” The boy glared at Yongguk. He stood in front of my paralegal and suddenly, he wasn’t the only one that was intimidating. The boy didn’t lose in terms of height and he didn’t look like he would back down anytime soon.

“Hey! Junhong!” I heard someone yell. I turned my head and saw the familiar face. “Do you want to add another day to your current week of detentions?”

The boy, whose name now I knew, closed his eyes and pressed his lips together. “Alright, Mr. Yoo.” He answered in a mocking manner. He turned to me and winked. “We’ll meet again.” And as he walked by, he bumped shoulders with Yongguk. I watched in disbelief at the retreating figure.

“Sorry about my student’s behavior – “

“Why are you being so formal, Youngjae?” I turned to face him and he looked in shock.

“Soojin?”

I laughed. “Have I gotten so pretty that you didn’t recognize me?” We both hugged each other.

“I didn’t know it was you.” He looked at me up and down. “You’ve changed.”

“So have you, Mr. Yoo.” I answered teasingly.

He laughed and stepped aside. “Let’s go in and talk.” He led us through the school and into the teachers’ office.

“So, who is this?’ He looked at Yongguk sitting down beside me.

“You’re looking at my paralegal… and my shield, Bang Yongguk.” I grinned and patted Yong Guk’s arm.

“…Shield?” Youngjae looked at us questionably.

I nodded my head.

“…For?” Youngjae asked slowly.

“For Mr. Jung Daehyun.” Yongguk answered for me and Youngjae burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“It’s already starting.” Youngjae said after catching his breath. “So, you have already gone to meet him.”

“Of course I have.” I grimaced and clicked my tongue. It puts me in a bad mood again. “Our companies have become

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter