I'll try for you

Better Than Lee Minho
I'll Try for You
 
 
It was the little glimmer of hope that sprouted in his heart that had Tao anticipating the next time he would see Kris. The words just kept on ringing in his head and quite frankly, it was making him flustered and tingly all over. He wasn’t even sure why he kissed Kris on his forehead in the first place. The simple contact almost made his cheeks burn. Why the heck did a simple -not to mention a granny kiss- make his heart thump so freaking fast?
 
 
“I’m sorry, Minho who?” Tao asked rather confused. Then he snapped from his confusion and almost shrieked because how the heck could he forget his very own dream husband just because of his encounter with Kris earlier?
 
 
Something must be very wrong with his mind. He thought.
 
 
Tao laughed awkwardly as Baekhyun looked at him questioningly. “Were you thinking about the guy you punched?” The older shot him a teasing look, poking his cheeks repeatedly.
 
 
Tao looked at the other side, cheeks flushing a little. ! How could Baekhyun be so accurate? Tao flailed his arms. “No!I'm not…thinking…Kris..and..kiss..no!”
 
 
Baekhyun gasped, eyes all wide but the teasing in his orbs stayed and only intensified. "You did not! Oh my, Zitao replaced his Lee Minho with the boy from the drama club" 
 
 
 
"Shut up, hyung!" Tao hollered, getting up in a hurry. He gave Baekhyun a glare before he walked away. Missing out the wide grin Baekhyun was sporting on his handsome face.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tao got up from his bed to get ready for school. After he finished , he made his way to the said establishment. As he got nearer to his destination, his legs started to get weak. He knew exactly why his legs were getting wobbly to the point where it almost tangled with each other. It was strange but he wanted to see a certain someone coz' maybe deep inside, he wanted to know how that certain someone would 'sweep him off his feet'
 
 
 
And yet,Kris didn't make any effort to see him.
 
Break time (Tao had seriously darted his eyes all around the canteen the entire time),  Kris was nowhere to be found.
 
Dismissal wasn't any different.
 
 
Tao cursed Kris in his head again and again. A bunch of you's and douche filled his mind. 
 
 
His anticipation turned into irritation. 
 
 
 
But when Tao was about to fall asleep that night, he decided to give Kris another chance. It was only the first day anyway. Maybe Kris was busy with his drama club.
 
 
 
 
The next day,while Tao was running away from Baekhyun because the latter seemed to have a knack for teasing him, he went to the third floor in order to get rid of the teasing male.While he was silently walking along the hallway he heard laughter filling what he thought a vacant hallway since it was break time.  Tao quietly walked over to where the sound was coming from. Right there, in front of his very eyes, he found out that Kris was indeed busy but the latter was not busy with something, oh definitely not with something , but  he was busy with someone.
 
 
 
Kris was looking at Lu Han rather intensely. He couldn't see Lu Han though since he was looking the other way. But Kris was facing towards his direction and Tao hated the fact that he saw everything. He saw the moment Kris' face lit up with a beautiful smile up to the part where he got up from his chair and pulled Lu Han into a hug. "Thanks Lu Han, you don't know how happy I am right now. You're really heaven sent" 
 
 
 
Tao gritted his teeth as he realized how stupid he was for actually believing Kris. It shamed him that it took him two days to discover that. With one last hateful gaze, he walked away from the scene and swore to forget the spiteful person standing before him.
 
 
 
 
 
He went down to the canteen and settled beside Baekhyun who was closely watching all his moves. "Did you meet up with your new boyfriend?"
 
 
 
Tao scoffed. "I made a big ing mistake", he said ruefully.
 
 
 
"What do you mean?"
 
 
 
"The guy is a goddamn actor. Of course it's easy for him to tell lies. I bet he's laughing his non-existent off right now. That er" Tao said more to himself than to Baekhyun. 
 
 
 
The elder gave him a pat on the back. "Take it easy."
 
Tao shook his head and let his head fall on top of the table. "I should've punched him yesterday instead." His words were cut off when the sound of the bell signalled the end of their break. 
 
 
 
Tao lazily got up from his chair and silently went to his next class. 
 
 
 
It was dismissal time when Kris finally approached him. Too ing bad though. It was too late coz' Tao already felt that Kris had lost his chance with him. 
 
Stupid . 
 
 
 
Tao watched Kris, eyes sharp and all. "Tao look-"
 
 
 
"I don't like you." Tao cut Kris' with his harsh words. 
 
 
 
"What?" Kris was looking at him as if he was waiting for Tao to tell him that he was only joking. But Tao wasn't a joker, sure, he was crazy but he was never one to joke around.
 
 
 
"You just don't fit my high standards, you know?" Tao said with a smirk and turned around uncaringly, leaving Kris standing in the hallway.
 
 
 
As soon as Tao had his back facing Kris, his smirk fell off his face.
 
It would all get better soon right? It was always a wise decision to leave first than to be the one who would get abandoned at the end. He was so done being an option. Been there, than that. If Kris already have a heaven sent Lu Han with him then he definitely won't be needing him around. Besides, he had only known Kris for a week. It wouldn't take long to forget his encounter with Kris.
Memories would eventually fade, buried and forgotten with no trace of evidence left. 
 
 
 
But how could he forget about Kris if the taller man seemed to be so damn persistent despite the harsh words he said to him?
 
 
 
"How'd you know where I live?" Tao asked with trepidation as he eyed Kris standing in front of his house, dripping wet and standing like a kicked puppy/dragon?
 
 
 
"I followed you" Kris answered, words almost incoherent as his mouth slightly shivered from the coldness he was feeling. His wet uniform was clinging to him like a second skin.
 
 
 
Tao sighed and opened the door to his house. He was not that cruel. He couldn't just leave the freezing male in the middle of a stormy weather. "Next time remember to bring an umbrella with you." 
 
 
The younger went to the bathroom to get a towel for the shivering male. Kris thanked when he gave him the towel. Tao bit his tongue when he felt guilt creeping up his system. 
 
Should I ing say sorry?
 
The stubborn part of him said a stern No, you did the right thing. 
 
"Zitao what happened?" Tao stiffened. . 
 
 
"Zitao?"
 
 
 
"....", he backed away from Kris who was standing in the middle of the living room. 
 
 
 
"Tell me please." 
 
 
 
No, no. Zitao you are not going to fall for that failed puppy face. 
 
Think of Lee Minho. Yes, good. 
 
 
 
Don't get distracte-
 
 
 
"Please Zitao. Tell me what has changed your mind"
 
 
"I just" Tao couldn't bring himself to admit the real reason behind the sudden change of heart.  "I don't even know you." 
 
"Then allow me to introduce myself" Kris took a step forward. "I'm Wu Yifan. I'm the president of the drama club. I love acting and I at hand embroidery but I hope you'll like this anyway." To say that Tao was surprised was a complete understatement. 
 
 
 
He watched, mouth agape, as Kris gingerly took his left hand and gently placed a soaked handkerchief in his hands. 
 
 
"I stitched it myself..Uh, I asked for Lu Han's help though."
 
"Lu Han" Tao repeated begrudgingly.  
 
 
"Yeah. Do you remember my cousin?"
 
 
"Your cousin?" 
 
 
"Yes. Lu Han's my cousin." Kris informed with a smile. 
 
 
 
And then Tao felt like a fool. Was he actually worried for nothing? 
 
 
 
"Zitao?" There he goes again, Zitao thought mindlessly. He was enjoying hearing Kris call him by his given name more than he was supposed to. 
 
 
"Hmmm."
 
 
"Take a look at it. I did it for two days." Tao opened the flimsy piece of clothing and almost giggled when he saw what was embroidered on the handkerchief. 
 
 
Kris name was embroidered with a striking red thread and right above the name was an embroidered creatures of some sort. 
 
 
"Uh, I don't mean to be rude but what are these exactly?"Tao asked cautiously. Pointing a finger at the said design.
 
Kris flushed as he tried to explain the design to him. "Actually, that's you and me...This is a cute panda and I'm a dragon who'll protect you from the hunters. " 
 
 
Tao doesn't understand Kris' logic but he grinned anyway. "I'm sorry if I acted like an to you" Tao said with obvious regret.
 
 
He got to admit that he was a douche for immediately jumping to conclusions. But then again, could he really trust Kris and let go of all his inhibitions?
 
Tao shot him a quick wary glance only to nearly melt when he was met by the soft, forgiving look Kris was giving him. He breathes slowly, trying to calm down his erratic heart beat as he finally got the answer to his question. 
 
 
"I think it's only fair if I also introduce myself" Tao had to be honest with Kris. 
"I'm Huang Zitao.  I'm addicted to watching  k dramas.I always say bad words. I'm not really kind and I tend to be overbearing so I'm taking this opportunity to warn you. You should run away from me before I get attached to you and really, just take this chance and leave.", he stepped forward when Kris didn't move an inch despite the scary information.They were so close that he could already smell the faint manly scent of the taller male. Everything about Kris was just so intoxicating. Yet, he wanted more of him. 
 
 
"Why would I do that?" Kris asked rhetorically."The first time you punched me, I told myself that I'll find you and get my revenge and when you punched me again I think you hit me so hard that it did some weird things to me. Don't even get me started with how crazy I felt after you kissed me" Kris gently laughed and held his cheeks. He caressed it gingerly before he leaned down and gave him a kiss on his...
 
 
"ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?" Tao whined when all he got was a kiss on top of his head. 
 
Kris chuckled and ruffled his hair affectionately."What?"
 
"That's worse than my grandma kiss!"
 
"But I thought you hate cliche' things" Kris pointed out. 
 
He scoffed and pouted his mouth in a subtle way of inviting the taller male for a peck. Tao frowned when Kris stifled a laugh in return.
 
"Why are you making a duck face right now?" 
 
"Why you little " Tao dabbed Kris' face with his new personalized hanky. 
 
 
Kris quirked an eyebrow at him while the former showed their height difference with his right hand. "Excuse you, this 'little ' is bigger than you"
 
Tao 'tsked' at Kris before he tilted his head "Hey Wu, will you give me a kiss if I tell you that you already unexpectedly swept me off my feet when I saw your hand-stitched abstract?" He blinked his eyes repeatedly, he was nervous yet excited at the same time. 
 
The corners of Kris' mouth began to move into a faint smile. The sight of Kris and his perfection rendered Tao speechless. 
 
"I thought you'd never ask, Huang."
 
Their lips touched ever so gently, Kris pulled his body closer, making Tao's clothes a little damp. 
The younger closed his eyes and enjoyed the kiss. He hummed when their lips parted. "Not bad", he commented, playfully rubbing Kris' nose with his.
 
 

Sorry if I messed this up. LOL. It's all over the place and yeah whatever =)))))))

I tried.. >.<

 

OTL.